PDA

View Full Version : Howdy from sunny Qld

Rusty
23rd August 2006, 10:02 AM
What an interesting forum - so many topics, threads and posts. I could get lost in here for days. Certainly have been for hours. Recommended to me by BrisWesty.

Played as a kid/teen, then other interests got in the way, and after a couple of decades, only refound my love of golf about 3 years ago. Have been squeezing in 9 holes at Victoria Park GC Brisbane early most Saturday mornings with a couple of mates. Now want golf to take up a bit more of my life, and judging by some of the posts, that's not going to be hard.

Made the mistake of hitting with a Ping G5 6 iron at a recent demo night at Vic Park driving range. Ouch, new as soon as I hit a few, that this was going to cost me a bit of money. As an impressionable kid, used to caddie for a guy that had Pings - gees they were good. So, have gone full hog for some Ping irons, 5 wood, 2 hybrids + a Cleveland 460 Launcer Comp driver. Irons should be here any day now. The driver's fantastic. Just gotta give some more thought to a new putter, and gees, i'd better play well. Would play off about 18-20 at the mo, and looking to improve my chipping and putting.

So looking forward to getting a h'cap, and playing in games/comps at different courses around SE Qld. Read with interest one post to a new member about joining either Robina Woods ($129) or Gold Coast Country Club ($99). Alternatively, have also thought about joining www.aussiegolfclub.com (http://www.aussiegolfclub.com) ($99 h'cap and insurance option). I'll have to do some more research on cheap Clubs, and then join one. Actually, I'll start a new thread for your current ideas. Going away for 3 weeks from late Sep, so will get into the swing (*bad pun*) of things, and join, when I get back.

Great to see all these rounds organised all over the place.

AndyP
23rd August 2006, 10:07 AM
Hello back from Sunny Qld and welcome, rusty.

Plenty of options to join golf clubs for handicap maintenance, but Robina Woods seems to be the pick.

jaster
23rd August 2006, 10:09 AM
Welcome and hello from Toowoomba rusty. Hope to catch up with you one day.

AndyP
23rd August 2006, 10:13 AM
No comment about Ping, jaster?

BrisVegas
23rd August 2006, 10:23 AM
Welcome aboard Rusty. Yeah I tried those Pings at a demo recently and they were dead easy to hit. Good choice.

Come and join Robina with the rest of us! I reckon next year we should have our champs at Robina & Colonial. Half the forum will be members by then and the rest can come at guest rate...!

jaster
23rd August 2006, 10:26 AM
No comment about Ping, jaster?

Preaching to the converted is not worth my time ;)

Courty
23rd August 2006, 11:35 AM
Hi Rusty,

sounds like you'll fit in around here without any problems. ;)

Jarro
23rd August 2006, 12:21 PM
Rusty, how the hell ya doin ??

BrisWesty
23rd August 2006, 01:22 PM
Hi Rusty,
My "apologies" for pointing you in this direction. Now Mrs Rusty will be as annoyed as Mrs BrisWesty!

Flowergirl
23rd August 2006, 02:58 PM
Howdy from grey Melbourne. Welcome aboard to The Love Boat. ( don't know why I added that - makes no sense really):lol:

andylo
23rd August 2006, 03:41 PM
Welcome Rusty

Grunt
23rd August 2006, 03:44 PM
Hi Rusty

Welcome to OzGolf, bit of a freakshow but is more bark than bite, and once you do meet most of us they are no way like the people you think they are by their posts on here.

Ducky
23rd August 2006, 08:40 PM
G'day Rusty.

Rusty
28th August 2006, 11:49 AM
ah yes, picked up the pings on Thursday. bloody lovely! have trouble putting them down...

Flowergirl
28th August 2006, 12:21 PM
ah yes, picked up the pings on Thursday. bloody lovely! have trouble putting them down...

So - are they all nice and shiny:mrgreen:

just
28th August 2006, 04:46 PM
So - are they all nice and shiny:mrgreen:
Fair go, they're Pings.:smt116

goughy
28th August 2006, 07:16 PM
I was gonna make a similar comment.