PDA

View Full Version : Guitar repairs Brisbane

benno_r
6th November 2019, 03:17 PM
Bit of a long shot, but can anyone recommend a quality guitar/bass repairer in Brisbane?

Setups and electronics mostly.

thecollective
6th November 2019, 03:28 PM
Benno: Ellaways Music was the goto in QLD for guitar repairs, sadly though I think the business has folded.

Mooloolaba Music had some decent guitar techs working for them, bear in mind though I haven't dealt with any music store since 2008 so im not sure what they are like now

Owen Ray is experienced as well but you will need to travel to Toowoomba to get to him

Edit: is Boom Music still around in your local neighbourhood?

benno_r
6th November 2019, 04:21 PM
Benno: Ellaways Music was the goto in QLD for guitar repairs, sadly though I think the business has folded.

Mooloolaba Music had some decent guitar techs working for them, bear in mind though I haven't dealt with any music store since 2008 so im not sure what they are like now

Owen Ray is experienced as well but you will need to travel to Toowoomba to get to him

Edit: is Boom Music still around in your local neighbourhood?Unfortunately Boom is gone, and a couple dealings with Ultra in Hervey Bay have not been positive. I have found some names around Hervey Bay / Bundy, but not a lot of feedback on them.

I have been to Mooloolaba a few times, might check them out next time I am in the area.

thecollective
6th November 2019, 04:26 PM
Unfortunately Boom is gone, and a couple dealings with Ultra in Hervey Bay have not been positive. I have found some names around Hervey Bay / Bundy, but not a lot of feedback on them.

I have been to Mooloolaba a few times, might check them out next time I am in the area.

Owen Ray is one of the best guitar techs I have personally seen, he used to work on the repairs while I was trying to convince him to purchase more drum kits (that he never sold because he tried to sell everything above retail)

Probably will overcharge and doesn't half crap on about anything and everything

goughy
12th November 2019, 08:10 PM
Sorry Benno, I hadn't checked in for a while? You still need someone? I can ask a few of my mates. My best mate has a guy in brissie that has worked on his Spectre basses, and he's picky. I think the guy has done some electronic work on one of them.

Owen Ray - with his guitar spinner! I didn't go into his store that much - prices for anything were out of sight. One of the keyboard guys I knew in there would always be trying to talk me into a new set of keys, even though he knew I was a drummer.

benno_r
12th November 2019, 08:21 PM
Sorry Benno, I hadn't checked in for a while? You still need someone? I can ask a few of my mates. My best mate has a guy in brissie that has worked on his Spectre basses, and he's picky. I think the guy has done some electronic work on one of them.

Owen Ray - with his guitar spinner! I didn't go into his store that much - prices for anything were out of sight. One of the keyboard guys I knew in there would always be trying to talk me into a new set of keys, even though he knew I was a drummer.Ended up going with Matt's Guitar Service in Burpengary. A mate of a mate recommended him, and he gets good reviews around the net. Dropping it in tomorrow morning.

Doesn't need any serious work, just a good cleanup and setup after being in the cupboard for the last 12 or so years..