PDA

View Full Version : WDYSTM October 2019

JoeS
1st October 2019, 08:34 PM
Not to bad today,had a 32 point round.You may think not so good,but the lakes 9 had been heavy cored and sanded yesterday and was like putting at the beach.14 points on the first 9 and 18 on the hills front 9.Flag comes off in the next round so my 7.6 GA may not last to much longer

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Grumpy8
2nd October 2019, 02:10 PM
34 pts yesterday, getting frustrated, was +6 on shot holes , cap is 7 , parred first four holes ( 3 shots) parred last 3 holes (2 shots) -6 on no shot holes , 6 halves ( 1 shot) , found a few different ways to stuff holes up , short siding , 3 putts , lip outs , ordinary chipping . Although I am not going below 30 pts am not having the good 40+ round either

JoeS
2nd October 2019, 03:52 PM
34 pts yesterday, getting frustrated, was +6 on shot holes , cap is 7 , parred first four holes ( 3 shots) parred last 3 holes (2 shots) -6 on no shot holes , 6 halves ( 1 shot) , found a few different ways to stuff holes up , short siding , 3 putts , lip outs , ordinary chipping . Although I am not going below 30 pts am not having the good 40+ round eitherFeeling your pain.My short game from inside 25m is on song,makes up for some of the other mistakes.My problem is the second shot,missing greens short side,or leaving long putts above the hole.I caught the humps on 1 and 3 yesterday,otherwise they were perfect

benno_r
2nd October 2019, 04:20 PM
Wed Stableford @ Maryborough.

Started well with a chip in bird on 10. Pretty steady until I chipped in again for birdie on 16. Turned with 23 pts (+1 off the waz).

Wind picked up on front 9, basically punted out 2 pointers until I knocked in close on 6 and nailed an easy birdy. Backlash hit hard on 7, plugging it deep in the front bunker. Couldn't get it out and in so hit a disappointing wipe. 2 more 2 pointers, saw 16 on the front.

F9 delivered again, only missing 1 fairway. Chipping was great, putting pretty good.

16/23 39
3 birds
1 wipe
6gir
0 3jigs

AndyP
2nd October 2019, 05:28 PM
01/10/2019, North Stradbroke Island Golf Club, Social 9 Holes.

Yesterday, I played with my youngest around Straddie Golf Club. I had a hire set, except I took my own putter and wedge, in the hope that it would save me a few shots. The hire set was tough to use, especially the driver where I could only get a massive slice with. With the combination of the clubs, sandy fairways (sand island), and thick greens, I was never going to score well. And I couldn't get up and down with my own clubs anyway.

Score: 44 (+9) with 2 pars, 7 bogeys, 2 doubles.

WBennett
3rd October 2019, 08:14 AM
After winning last months Midweek Medal, then cleaning up the 4BBB, I should have felt good going into yesterdays Midweek Medal round.

I didn't. I'd slept poorly, was flat out at work, and in the wrong mindset when I arrived.
Found 4 bunkers in 4 holes, ran out of handicap on the 7th.

5 lipouts in the first 11 holes summed up my day. I ran out of enthusiasm about then.

Only highlight was a NTP - which paid $30. Of course I missed the putt.

Club champs coming up, off 7.3 with one round to play before them - and I would need 39 points to get down to a daily of 8.

I just need to learn how to chip, pitch and drive between now and then.

JoeS
3rd October 2019, 09:16 AM
After winning last months Midweek Medal, then cleaning up the 4BBB, I should have felt good going into yesterdays Midweek Medal round.

I didn't. I'd slept poorly, was flat out at work, and in the wrong mindset when I arrived.
Found 4 bunkers in 4 holes, ran out of handicap on the 7th.

5 lipouts in the first 11 holes summed up my day. I ran out of enthusiasm about then.

Only highlight was a NTP - which paid $30. Of course I missed the putt.

Club champs coming up, off 7.3 with one round to play before them - and I would need 39 points to get down to a daily of 8.

I just need to learn how to chip, pitch and drive between now and then.Sounds like you need to buy a new putter

Grumpy8
3rd October 2019, 08:20 PM
30 pts today , parred the first two and last two , lost interest on the third after a short putt that breaks half a hole right to left every time , went dead straight even tho I rolled it nice and slow , knew it wasn’t going to be my day and it wasn’t

JoeS
3rd October 2019, 08:34 PM
30 pts today , parred the first two and last two , lost interest on the third after a short putt that breaks half a hole right to left every time , went dead straight even tho I rolled it nice and slow , knew it wasn’t going to be my day and it wasn’tPushed it.I was playing.lakes today,putting with a 7 iron

benno_r
4th October 2019, 01:41 PM
Fri Stableford @ Maryborough.

Playing off a daily of 9 for the first time in a while. Started well - 3 pars, followed by birdies on 4 and 5. Pars on 6 and 7 were followed by slack bogies on 8 and 9 to turn with 22pts (even off the stick).

Stayed on the bogey train with a slack bogey on 10, followed by pars on 11,12,13,14. Knocked in an easy bird on 15, followed by by a par on 16 to be square off the stick through 16. Wind had picked up for the hard 17 and 18, went close to parring both, but just left myself a little too much for both par putts.

Once again, the F9 delivered, only missing 1 fairway (by 2ft). Chipping was great, putting pretty good. Super stoked to score my lowest ever round of 72 (+2).

22/21 43
3 birds
0 wipes
10 gir
0 3jigs

AndyP
4th October 2019, 02:32 PM
On fire, Benno. You seem to having a good number of birdies at the moment too.

benno_r
4th October 2019, 02:49 PM
On fire, Benno. You seem to having a good number of birdies at the moment too.Agreed, normally I struggle to make 1 every 2 rounds. I think it's coming from keeping the ball in play off the tee. Hit 10 greens, of those I had 5 realistic looks, and made 3.

backintheswing
4th October 2019, 03:14 PM
Fri Stableford @ Maryborough.

Playing off a daily of 9 for the first time in a while. Started well - 3 pars, followed by birdies on 4 and 5. Pars on 6 and 7 were followed by slack bogies on 8 and 9 to turn with 22pts (even off the stick).

Stayed on the bogey train with a slack bogey on 10, followed by pars on 11,12,13,14. Knocked in an easy bird on 15, followed by by a par on 16 to be square off the stick through 16. Wind had picked up for the hard 17 and 18, went close to parring both, but just left myself a little too much for both par putts.

Once again, the F9 delivered, only missing 1 fairway (by 2ft). Chipping was great, putting pretty good. Super stoked to score my lowest ever round of 72 (+2).

22/21 43
3 birds
0 wipes
10 gir
0 3jigs

Where was this at Cap?

benno_r
4th October 2019, 03:15 PM
Where was this at Cap?

Not sure - probably since we didn't play comp, it didn't want to come out and play.

AndyP
4th October 2019, 04:21 PM
Agreed, normally I struggle to make 1 every 2 rounds. I think it's coming from keeping the ball in play off the tee. Hit 10 greens, of those I had 5 realistic looks, and made 3.
Getting birdies with 40m chip and runs is marginally harder, so this seems like a good strategy.

KristianJ
5th October 2019, 01:24 PM
38 points this morning at Windsor (18/20). Front 9 was full of on and off showers, but cleared up a bit on the back.

Short game kept me in it today and I scrambled well when I needed to. A couple of new additions to the bag went well (tour issue SFTP 2.0 driver and V Steel 5 wood), but my TEE CB4 3 wood not quite as well.

All in all though very pleased with how the round went.

shazza_rs
5th October 2019, 01:57 PM
Well played Benno!

I had 37 points round the Nudge (gateway course) this morning.

18/19
Had 11 pars (very unusual for me). Parred all the Par 3’s and Par 5’s.
2 wipes

benno_r
5th October 2019, 04:04 PM
Well played Benno!

I had 37 points round the Nudge (gateway course) this morning.

18/19
Had 11 pars (very unusual for me). Parred all the Par 3’s and Par 5’s.
2 wipesGood result with 2 wipes!

I played Stableford again at Maryborough. Tonsillitis caught up with me, and started poorly. Really struggled on, and around the greens. Generally pretty poor until 14, where lipped a long birdy putt, and picked up birdies on 2 of the harder holes - 16 and 18.

13/17 30
4 gir
2 bird
0 3jigs

Ferrins
5th October 2019, 04:51 PM
Parred all the Par 3’s and Par 5’s.

👍

Always good to do

Grumpy8
5th October 2019, 06:16 PM
MM today , 78 nett 71 ,36 pts , won’t bore you with details about 8 wasted shots , will tell you putter is in the pro shop being fixed , turns out cartwheeling them 20 mts back towards your bag isn’t all that good for them .

JoeS
5th October 2019, 06:16 PM
MM today and the start of club champs.
77/69 to be leading champs by 4 shots,which also won me my first MM
10 of 14 fairways
8 greens in reg
31 putts
1 birdie
1 double
11 pars
My best comp score so far

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

AndyP
5th October 2019, 06:19 PM
Nice one, Joe.

Grumpy8
5th October 2019, 06:24 PM
MM today and the start of club champs.77/69 to be leading champs by 4 shots,which also won me my first MM10 of 14 fairways8 greens in reg31 putts1 birdie 1 double11 parsMy best comp score so farSent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk Well done

Toxic
5th October 2019, 06:42 PM
MM today , 78 nett 71 ,36 pts , won’t bore you with details about 8 wasted shots , will tell you putter is in the pro shop being fixed , turns out cartwheeling them 20 mts back towards your bag isn’t all that good for them . What was the damage?

backintheswing
5th October 2019, 06:48 PM
MM today and the start of club champs.
77/69 to be leading champs by 4 shots,which also won me my first MM
10 of 14 fairways
8 greens in reg
31 putts
1 birdie
1 double
11 pars
My best comp score so far

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Nice work. Are you leading A grade gross by 4 shots?

Grumpy8
5th October 2019, 06:51 PM
What was the damage? Bent it where the shaft goes into the head, grip was couple of inches behind the face when I tried to line up a putt , made for some interesting putting on last four holes

Toxic
5th October 2019, 07:29 PM
Bent it where the shaft goes into the head, grip was couple of inches behind the face when I tried to line up a putt , made for some interesting putting on last four holes Ouch!Out of curiosity, isn't that illegal? Counts as a n extra club or something

Toxic
5th October 2019, 07:35 PM
Bent it where the shaft goes into the head, grip was couple of inches behind the face when I tried to line up a putt , made for some interesting putting on last four holes Or was that one of the new rule amendments

Grumpy8
5th October 2019, 08:37 PM
Ouch!Out of curiosity, isn't that illegal? Counts as a n extra club or something It probably was illegal and I probably should have been dqd , think there is something in the rules about it .

Grumpy8
5th October 2019, 08:58 PM
Ouch!Out of curiosity, isn't that illegal? Counts as a n extra club or something Just looked it up , damaged in normal course of play it’s fine to keep using , suppose it would come down to whether it’s considered normal to cartwheel your putter back to your bag

JoeS
5th October 2019, 10:43 PM
Nice work. Are you leading A grade gross by 4 shots?Yep,that's correct,and leading the field in handicap as well

Toxic
6th October 2019, 07:27 AM
Just looked it up , damaged in normal course of play it’s fine to keep using , suppose it would come down to whether it’s considered normal to cartwheel your putter back to your bag It's very normal, all clubs can practice there cartwheels

Steve57
6th October 2019, 11:12 AM
Just looked it up , damaged in normal course of play it’s fine to keep using , suppose it would come down to whether it’s considered normal to cartwheel your putter back to your bag Unfortunately no, DQ for using altered club. Normal course of play is eg: bent when hitting tree on swing, not in anger after the shot!:lol:

AndyP
6th October 2019, 12:23 PM
Throwing or slamming your club after a bad shot is normal course of play for some people.

Grumpy8
6th October 2019, 12:40 PM
Unfortunately no, DQ for using altered club. Normal course of play is eg: bent when hitting tree on swing, not in anger after the shot!:lol: Yes I know , wouldn’t have bothered me one bit , seriously considered walking off after 3 holes , was asked by guys in group behind us why I stood staring at my ball for so long , told them I was trying to process what I just saw and deciding if I was going to walk off , they thought I was joking . I knew I was in for another rough day on the greens and wasn’t that keen on it .

shazza_rs
6th October 2019, 12:56 PM
Well played Joe! Keep it going for the next round.

33 points for me today round the Nudge (bay course)

18/15
5 pars and too many bogies today
1 wipe

AndyP
6th October 2019, 01:32 PM
06/10/2019, Royal Queensland GC, Stableford.

I had one of my best scores since my return today, but it didn't feel like it was that good. I think the scoring came from a combination of the driver hitting plenty of fairways (after being put on notice), and keeping it out of trouble by not being too aggressive. After being +5 after the first four holes, +7 for the next fourteen was a good return.

The greens were tough to put on, since they have just been renovated, but it made it easier to land approaches and chips on, so it may have evened out a little.

I think I might drop the hybrids out of the bag. I stand over them with little confidence at the moment, and they can miss in any direction, or scrub along the ground for 100m. I don't know if the 5W will be much better, but the 3I should be.

Stats: 79% fairways, 11% greens, 31 putts, 38% scrambling.
Score (https://www.gamegolf.com/player/AndyP/round/2779311)(Back 9 first): XBBBPBbPB XPBPPBPPX - Gross 42-42-84 (+12); Stab 16-16-32; Par 36-36-72.

3Puttpete
6th October 2019, 01:50 PM
30 (18/12). Started on 10. It’s better than last week’s 18/8

Grumpy8
6th October 2019, 02:44 PM
MM today and the start of club champs.77/69 to be leading champs by 4 shots,which also won me my first MM10 of 14 fairways8 greens in reg31 putts1 birdie 1 double11 parsMy best comp score so farSent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk You failed to mention that you did this on cored greens which makes it even better

backintheswing
6th October 2019, 03:18 PM
You failed to mention that you did this on cored greens which makes it even better

Why would they core greens before club champs?

JoeS
6th October 2019, 03:40 PM
You failed to mention that you did this on cored greens which makes it even betterYeah,20 points on cored greens on the front 9 set it up,18 on the second 9 was just playing to keep the scores ticking over.One of those days

JoeS
6th October 2019, 03:49 PM
Why would they core greens before club champs?27 hole course,Olinda golf club is a co tennant of Beaconhills Links and we run to their agenda.Due to an increase in the need for the lakes 9 which Olinda use,the coring will now be the same time each year,same sequence for all 3 x 9's.Coring for hills front will start in 2 weeks,in which time the CBH members will play lakes 9 and hills back 9,and when the hills back 9 gets cored they will switch to the front.
The calendar of events will be reviewed and a new timeslot chosen.CBH links will also be adjusting their calendar

chappy1970
6th October 2019, 08:03 PM
Funny old day for me.

Stableford on the warmest day in Melbourne for 6 months. Was very windy too.

13 points on the front 9 (back 9 of the course), couldn't get anything going. Missed a heap of putts and was just a bit off.

Made the turn and something changed. Was hitting fairways and greens, and started to bin putts from everywhere. Finished with 22 points and par'd the front 9, with a 15 foot birdie on the last.

35 points....STUPID, STUPID Game

oldracer
6th October 2019, 10:21 PM
MM today , 78 nett 71 ,36 pts , won’t bore you with details about 8 wasted shots , will tell you putter is in the pro shop being fixed , turns out cartwheeling them 20 mts back towards your bag isn’t all that good for them . 😱😱😱

NewyMitch
8th October 2019, 08:17 PM
Played a couple of rounds yesterday but didn't have my usual equipment. Managed 4 under for the first round and par for the second.

The first tee shot under bugs bunny set the tone with a hole in one :)

Grumpy8
12th October 2019, 07:27 PM
VW scramble, coming second when we left , sunk a few putts hit some good drives , as did the others , we were 5 under after 6 , finished 7 under no bogeys , caps were 7 12 16 19 . Pretty much extracted all we could out of the way we played only failed to get one birdie ( hole was in a mongrel position) and one lip out , so fairly happy

JoeS
12th October 2019, 07:56 PM
Second round of club champs today,sadly I won't be partaking in the 3rd round in 2 weeks.
Had a solid day on the front,turned even par 35 and 21 points,but crumbled on slick greens and too many people wanting to know my score as I went around.Finished with an 81.Then had to get to my son's basketball final that I was coaching and was running a few minutes being what I wanted,and in doing so didn't sign my card before submitting it.DQ for the round.But hey,we won by a point and are thru to another final next week.I take more pleasure in the success of my kids than anything I ever do.I have received a few messages that suggest I must be disappointed in myself,and I'm not sure why.I achieved my goal for the day,10 pars.I made 2 birdies,and best of all I pared the front 9 off the stick.I did it playing in a great group,and we celebrated my birdie on 27 for the even front.That means more to me than a medal or trophy,sh1t,I have about 100 of them from junior sports if anyone wants one

Grumpy8
12th October 2019, 08:07 PM
Second round of club champs today,sadly I won't be partaking in the 3rd round in 2 weeks.Had a solid day on the front,turned even par 35 and 21 points,but crumbled on slick greens and too many people wanting to know my score as I went around.Finished with an 81.Then had to get to my son's basketball final that I was coaching and was running a few minutes being what I wanted,and in doing so didn't sign my card before submitting it.DQ for the round.But hey,we won by a point and are thru to another final next week.I take more pleasure in the success of my kids than anything I ever do.I have received a few messages that suggest I must be disappointed in myself,and I'm not sure why.I achieved my goal for the day,10 pars.I made 2 birdies,and best of all I pared the front 9 off the stick.I did it playing in a great group,and we celebrated my birdie on 27 for the even front.That means more to me than a medal or trophy,sh1t,I have about 100 of them from junior sports if anyone wants oneSent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk Your not the first and you probably won’t be the last to get dq’d from clubbies . I would be more pissed at shooting 46 on the hills front nine . Greens weren’t that quick just seemed that way cause your first nine was on sand

JoeS
12th October 2019, 08:29 PM
Your not the first and you probably won’t be the last to get dq’d from clubbies . I would be more pissed at shooting 46 on the hills front nine . Greens weren’t that quick just seemed that way cause your first nine was on sandThat 46 is still giving me nightmares.I got spooked with 2 3 putts on 1 and 2 and lost confidence

Grumpy8
12th October 2019, 09:00 PM
That 46 is still giving me nightmares.I got spooked with 2 3 putts on 1 and 2 and lost confidence Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk Welcome to my world for the last couple of weeks , greens seem furry /grainy but a bit dry . The first didn’t break as much and the second broke more than usual

JoeS
12th October 2019, 10:45 PM
Welcome to my world for the last couple of weeks , greens seem furry /grainy but a bit dry . The first didn’t break as much and the second broke more than usualAnd I reckon that with the rain we had for a month has left foot prints in the greens.Their are some very weird bounces and brakes against the slope from time to time

Grumpy8
13th October 2019, 10:46 AM
And I reckon that with the rain we had for a month has left foot prints in the greens.Their are some very weird bounces and brakes against the slope from time to timeSent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk Yes very much so , king of the hills seemed to be the starting point for the hills side , I had a putt on the 3 rd go left against the break then turn right with the break so as it sorted side stepped the hole and finish behind and right of the hole , all in the space of a metre

Grumpy8
14th October 2019, 02:48 PM
VW scramble, coming second when we left , sunk a few putts hit some good drives , as did the others , we were 5 under after 6 , finished 7 under no bogeys , caps were 7 12 16 19 . Pretty much extracted all we could out of the way we played only failed to get one birdie ( hole was in a mongrel position) and one lip out , so fairly happy Turns out we finished second , 56.4 to 57.1, think we did as well as we could everyone contributed and we all putted well , never happy coming second but am happy enough with it

Toxic
14th October 2019, 05:03 PM
Turns out we finished second , 56.4 to 57.1, think we did as well as we could everyone contributed and we all putted well , never happy coming second but am happy enough with it Does that get you through to the next round?

Grumpy8
14th October 2019, 07:04 PM
Does that get you through to the next round?it got us a cap and a towel I think , hopefully I am wrong but only first gets to go thru I believe.

shazza_rs
17th October 2019, 07:09 AM
Just played the Ladies Classic at Bargara. Pretty ordinary golf from me but a great tournament.

Day 1 - 97/83
Day 2 - 95/81
Day 3 - 93/79

Gradual improvement. It was very windy and the greens were slick. Lots of run so a slightly offline shot was taken further than normal.

Isabella who won (17 year old kid) shot a 67/64 in the first round. Her first time under par (par 73)!

Toxic
17th October 2019, 07:53 AM
Solid 25 points around Young yesterday.
Was not pretty.
Onto Wentworth Falls this morning

benno_r
17th October 2019, 07:55 AM
Just played the Ladies Classic at Bargara. Pretty ordinary golf from me but a great tournament.

Day 1 - 97/83
Day 2 - 95/81
Day 3 - 93/79

Gradual improvement. It was very windy and the greens were slick. Lots of run so a slightly offline shot was taken further than normal.

Isabella who won (17 year old kid) shot a 67/64 in the first round. Her first time under par (par 73)!I have heard the greens are good up there, but is the rest of the course looking?

shazza_rs
17th October 2019, 08:12 AM
I have heard the greens are good up there, but is the rest of the course looking?

Greens are good, fairways are really dry. Lots of run!

WBennett
17th October 2019, 08:14 AM
Solid 25 points around Young yesterday.
Was not pretty.
Onto Wentworth Falls this morning

What sort of condition was Young in? I am thinking of a day trip one weekend before it gets too hot.

BUSHY
17th October 2019, 04:56 PM
Played yesterday and had 31 pts. With a lacklustre 14 on the first side.

Came home with 17 made up of 3 birdies and 3 wipes.

In other news I’m a firm convert to the “take-the-damn-flag-out” camp. Hit a chip that was dying dead centre into the hole for eagle only for it to hit the stick and bounce out. The second such occurrence in two weeks.

Other than social hits it’ll be out at all times. F**k you Bryson!!!

rick3003
17th October 2019, 06:14 PM
Played my first comp round in 2 years last week.
Mac Links 38 points and won the day... can only go downhill from here...

Captain Nemo
17th October 2019, 06:22 PM
Played my first comp round in 2 years last week.
Mac Links 38 points and won the day... can only go downhill from here...
Bwahahaha :)

benno_r
17th October 2019, 06:28 PM
Stab at Curlewis today.

Battled the wind and rain. Managed a couple of birdies on 5 and 8. Leaked a bit on the back 9, but the wind was getting crazy.

A flag sees me drop to new lowest ever of 7.9.

18/15 33
6 gir
34 putts
1 3jig

Toxic
19th October 2019, 08:46 AM
What sort of condition was Young in? I am thinking of a day trip one weekend before it gets too hot. Was really good. Pleasantly surprised

JoeS
19th October 2019, 08:26 PM
Stab today.Was not a smart decision to play with a sore back,but enough pills got me thru the pain.
33 points 16/17
2 wipes
Zero birdies
10 pars
29 putts

Dcanto
19th October 2019, 08:36 PM
31 crappy points at Half Moon Bay. Just couldn't get anything going and when I did have a shot at making a birdie the putts just wouldn't drop.

BUSHY
19th October 2019, 09:44 PM
Wonderful day out today, the weather and company was immaculate.

Cruising through 5 then BANG!!!

Triple
Quad
Triple

Helicopter
Tee slam
Helicopter
Helicopter

Pint of Ginger Beer at half time and held it mostly together on the second nine- made some outlandish pars but no birdies.

87/82

Hatchman
21st October 2019, 05:04 PM
Finally got out for a second game at my new home.
Driver hasn't been the same since Loxton Open 2 months ago swinging it like a busted.
First par comp in I can't remember when, -8 is not real good is it?

okitoki
22nd October 2019, 01:52 PM
a tale of 2 golf game on Saturday;
Played back 9 and after wiping 3 holes, only had 12 points.
concentrated more on using my 3 wood on the next 9, and managed to score 22 points with 3 pars, 1 birdie and bogeyed the rest....

changed my attitude with my putting, with instead of trying to hole every single putt from a distancce, just get it close to the hole; more like how i practice... seem to have reduce the mental pressure off me.

Sunday game, took out the SLDR mini to try to keep the drive in control..... first 9 had some bad luck with 3 wipes, 4 pars and 2 bogey for 16 points; back 9 was pretty much 1 par and bogies the rest for 18 points.

even 34 average for the weekend....

Could have been better, but I guess with a 16 handicap, but hopefully can get my GA down again

jimandr
23rd October 2019, 06:04 PM
In other news I’m a firm convert to the “take-the-damn-flag-out” camp. Hit a chip that was dying dead centre into the hole for eagle only for it to hit the stick and bounce out. The second such occurrence in two weeks.

Other than social hits it’ll be out at all times. F**k you Bryson!!!

Today was my first game for 8 weeks. Had this post not been on this page, I wouldn't have seen it, and I would have repeated it almost word for word.

My first rejection with flag in today. It was about a 30 footer that was catching the edge and (hopefully) doing a power lip-in. But the flag got in the way and knocked it out.

Apart from that, my score was 33 points, but I played well. It was black marker day, and my short game wasn't quite up to the challenge of finding some very hard pin placements. I really enjoyed getting back on the course, and hitting some good shots.

Grumpy8
24th October 2019, 06:43 PM
Warragul today stableford, 13/21 , greens were really slow , my swing was to quick to often . Back nine was boosted by chipping in on the 13 th rated no 1 . Had the pleasure of watching a 10 marker shooting 48 points , he had it to four under after a tap in eagle on 12 . Bogies on 17 n 18 brought him back to even on the back nine . He won the comp by four shots

okitoki
26th October 2019, 08:41 PM
Played sensible golf today.... no hero shots.
If ball went in Bushes just chip or putt it out.
Pretty windy too
Averaged 2 putts most greens with only 1 3 putts....

Bogey most of the way with a few pars in there... 36 points off 16 hdcp.

Still need to keep the driver in check

JoeS
26th October 2019, 11:48 PM
To windy and wet so I stayed home.Wii golf copped a flogging though.Best was 7 under for 18

benno_r
27th October 2019, 04:24 PM
Got my first start today in A Grade pennant vs Hervey Bay at Bundaberg.

Played 7 (hc 7.7) vs an ex scratch 2-capper.

Started well with 3 GIR and a bird on 2 to be 1-up through 3. He got me back on 4, and we see-sawed the next 5 holes to turn the 9th square.

Played the next 3 pretty poorly to be 3 down, but easy 2 putt pars on 14 and 15 got me back to 1 down.

Slotted drives on 15 and 16, making GIR pars on both, but he was an up-and-down demon to recover out of the trees on both to stay 1 down. Hit a great tee shot on the 185m 17th, which nudged the flag and got rejected short sided off the green. I couldnt get up and down to his reg par to lose 2&1.

Pretty happy to be honest, was 2 under cap through 17, I just couldn't quite keep up.

Team ended up going down 6-1, and of the losses, my match was the only one to make 17, so overall pretty happy with the experience and my play.

We were missing 4 players off 2 or less, so doubt I'll get another start this year, but super keen to lower the cap to get starts on merit in the future.

okitoki
27th October 2019, 04:59 PM
Another day of hdcp golf.... 37 points with 2 wiped holes.

Both wiped holes were due to me not taking the medicine to chip out. Talked myself into a hero shot.

Learned my lesson for today

Bloody hot too with 31C at 10am

3Puttpete
27th October 2019, 05:22 PM
Got my first start today in A Grade pennant vs Hervey Bay at Bundaberg.

Played 7 (hc 7.7) vs an ex scratch 2-capper.

Started well with 3 GIR and a bird on 2 to be 1-up through 3. He got me back on 4, and we see-sawed the next 5 holes to turn the 9th square.

Played the next 3 pretty poorly to be 3 down, but easy 2 putt pars on 14 and 15 got me back to 1 down.

Slotted drives on 15 and 16, making GIR pars on both, but he was an up-and-down demon to recover out of the trees on both to stay 1 down. Hit a great tee shot on the 185m 17th, which nudged the flag and got rejected short sided off the green. I couldnt get up and down to his reg par to lose 2&1.

Pretty happy to be honest, was 2 under cap through 17, I just couldn't quite keep up.

Team ended up going down 6-1, and of the losses, my match was the only one to make 17, so overall pretty happy with the experience and my play.

We were missing 4 players off 2 or less, so doubt I'll get another start this year, but super keen to lower the cap to get starts on merit in the future.

Nice. You making a late bid for the presidents cup?

benno_r
27th October 2019, 05:27 PM
Nice. You making a late bid for the presidents cup?Thought about it, but looks like the Captain will probably pick himself. And I'm ok with that, cause he's a flusher.

Bigbad
28th October 2019, 09:36 AM
Played on Saturday in absolutely awful conditions down in Melbourne, was windy as hell and wet for the first five holes as well. Finished with 27 points (9/18).

Pretty much couldn't feel my hands for 5 holes so everything i hit felt like it was sending shockwaves up my arms. Once the rain went away and it warmed up a fraction I managed to play some ok golf.

3Puttpete
28th October 2019, 09:47 AM
Played on Saturday in absolutely awful conditions down in Melbourne, was windy as hell and wet for the first five holes as well. Finished with 27 points (9/18).

Pretty much couldn't feel my hands for 5 holes so everything i hit felt like it was sending shockwaves up my arms. Once the rain went away and it warmed up a fraction I managed to play some ok golf.

Excellent comeback after a tough start. Much better than having 27 points with no great screw ups.

Bigbad
28th October 2019, 10:15 AM
Excellent comeback after a tough start. Much better than having 27 points with no great screw ups.

Yeah was happy with the way I rebounded, was good to birdie the 9th and 18th to finish off the round as well. I couldn't have played much worse on the front side, there was 4 wipes on there I think.

I didn't want to just give up on it either, so I decided that I would just try focus a little more on each shot, seemed to work.

AndyP
28th October 2019, 09:41 PM
26/10/2019, Sandy Gallop GC, Stroke.

A disappointing score on Saturday, and I feel like I'm not improving at all now that I am playing more regularly. I see glimpses of the golf I'd like to play, but there is some awful stuff in there too.

The ordinary score was in part due to playing an unknown course, and bare lies that I struggle with, but there was plenty of dud shots from user error.

Unfortunately, no golf for the next month, as I am overseas for travel. I considered getting a round in over there, but it would be an expensive venture, and I'd rather spend that money on a weekend trip to another city.

Highlight: The 4I on the 18th par 3 that went straight at it and pitched just behind the flag was nice.
Lowlight: The birdie putt on 7th that seemed to break uphill or the grain sent it there. Annoying!

Stats: 57% fairways, 39% greens, 33 putts, 18% scrambling.
Score (https://www.gamegolf.com/player/AndyP/round/2791640): BBPBBXPXP PPPXBXBBP - Gross 43-43-86 (+16); Par 35-35-70.

Grumpy8
29th October 2019, 08:24 PM
Warragul, stableford, cobbled together 30 points , hit plenty of fairways unfortunately not on the hole I was playing, struggled all day with slow grainy greens , still managed to win a $50 voucher for a mystery six holes

Ferrins
30th October 2019, 03:44 PM
RQ Stroke 80/72
GIR 6
FW 10/14
Eagle 1 Caught a bit of the hole apparently as it rolled right over it on the 12th
Birdies 3 (one inside a foot on 17)
Pars 3
Bogies 9
Doubles 2

jimandr
30th October 2019, 05:32 PM
I had a good day today for 37 points.

I hardly hit a bad shot for the first 8 holes, but I was only one up. From that point I hit quite a few poor shots, but I holed a bunker shot and a few 10 foot putts, so I was able to turn in a good score.

Grumpy8
31st October 2019, 10:36 PM
42 pts at Warragul today , sadly it was a 4bbb