PDA

View Full Version : Quick FT3 Review

miro
21st August 2006, 08:55 AM
So I have now played 3 rounds with the FT3.

Specs:
9.5 degree Tour head in Fade
NVS stiff shaft

When you swing this club it feels amazingly similar to my beloved 510TP which is a huge positve to me. The fade configuaration provides me with a standard straight drive and the ability to hit a draw if wanted (I don't really have the ability to hit a fade so don't know about the FT3 for that).

Ball flight is about what I would expect from a 9.5 degree head -my only concern would be that I appear to get little run out -however, the fairways in Sydney are still very soft from a solid month of rain so this may just be ground conditions.

Length wise it may be longer than the TP especially if firmer fairways yield 10 more metres of run -this might sound obvious however I am not certain the ball is not just coming pretty much straight down at the end of the ball flight.

Very easy to hit, seems very forgiving.

Now to the thing that seems contraversial with this club -the sound. Its sounds great to me especially out of the middle. Pete said to me about his experience with the FT3's that they are quieter when hit out of the middle and make that unusual noise when not nutted -that is spot on.

So overall a keeper with a small reservation about the NVS shaft which seems to be doing what it is designed for (getting the ball up with a bit of spin -which is not really what I want).

PS Jarro here is your next club.

Jarro
21st August 2006, 03:27 PM
So I have now played 3 rounds with the FT3.

Specs:
9.5 degree Tour head in Fade
NVS stiff shaft

When you swing this club it feels amazingly similar to my beloved 510TP which is a huge positve to me. The fade configuaration provides me with a standard straight drive and the ability to hit a draw if wanted (I don't really have the ability to hit a fade so don't know about the FT3 for that).

Ball flight is about what I would expect from a 9.5 degree head -my only concern would be that I appear to get little run out -however, the fairways in Sydney are still very soft from a solid month of rain so this may just be ground conditions.

Length wise it may be longer than the TP especially if firmer fairways yield 10 more metres of run -this might sound obvious however I am not certain the ball is not just coming pretty much straight down at the end of the ball flight.

Very easy to hit, seems very forgiving.

Now to the thing that seems contraversial with this club -the sound. Its sounds great to me especially out of the middle. Pete said to me about his experience with the FT3's that they are quieter when hit out of the middle and make that unusual noise when not nutted -that is spot on.

So overall a keeper with a small reservation about the NVS shaft which seems to be doing what it is designed for (getting the ball up with a bit of spin -which is not really what I want).

PS Jarro here is your next club.

tried it already mate, didn't like it :???: