PDA

View Full Version : Nudgee Holden Scramble

Jarro
15th August 2004, 04:59 AM
On the 17th September.

Just seeing if anyone is interested in playing in this. I haven't looked into it to see what it costs to play ... but i will do if anyone else is keen. We need 3 for a team, preferably with 2 groups of us playing together 8)

Onewood
15th August 2004, 08:16 AM
Sorry buddy you can only Qualify once :D

As a Qualified player I'll have to give this one a miss :lol: :lol:

Jarro
15th August 2004, 08:52 AM
Sorry buddy you can only Qualify once :D

As a Qualified player I'll have to give this one a miss :lol: :lol:

OK OK .. i hear ya ... no need to rub our noses in it :wink: :lol:

C'mon guys... surely some of us can get into the finals with Onewood and his crew of burglars :P :lol:

jaster
15th August 2004, 02:44 PM
So it's on a Friday? Weird? :?

AndyP
15th August 2004, 03:13 PM
jarro, if it's on a Friday then I'm not too keen.

Plus, what's the incentive anyway? If you win or get R/U, you have to make a decision whether to play the Scramble regional finals or Ozgolf Club Championships. #-o

Jarro
15th August 2004, 03:55 PM

Plus, what's the incentive anyway? If you win or get R/U, you have to make a decision whether to play the Scramble regional finals or Ozgolf Club Championships. #-o

not a hard decision to make really :wink:

990B Luva
15th August 2004, 06:21 PM
i may be interested, day before school breaks up, i can prolly get it off, and off work hehehe

Jarro
19th August 2004, 05:12 PM
.. any other takers :-k

Onewood
19th August 2004, 05:14 PM

Different zone so it will be a different final and date :roll:

AndyP
19th August 2004, 07:24 PM

Different zone so it will be a different final and date :roll:
Yeah, I forgot they put Logan in their own zone, so the rest of Brisbane doesn't have to be associated with that area. :P

damoocow
19th August 2004, 09:30 PM
I know basically nothing about the holden scramble [ or is that scamble, Kev ??] but I would be maybe interested in playing [now I think I have a handicap, but really think 69er ran off with my nomination money]- it is a team of 3 thingy?
damoocow

Jarro
20th August 2004, 02:54 AM
I know basically nothing about the holden scramble [ or is that scamble, Kev ??] but I would be maybe interested in playing [now I think I have a handicap, but really think 69er ran off with my nomination money]- it is a team of 3 thingy?
damoocow

http://www.pga.org.au/default.asp?pg=scramble

Jarro
24th August 2004, 01:55 PM
so far we have Tezza, Damo and myself. I'll phone Nudgee up later today to get a price and to confirm our tee-times 8)

If we get 3 more people we can play in the one group 8)

Onewood
24th August 2004, 06:04 PM
Jarro, If you get another 2 Mathew will go again 8)

Jarro
24th August 2004, 06:06 PM
Jarro, If you get another 2 Mathew will go again 8)

Ok Kev, thanks 8)

Iain
24th August 2004, 08:30 PM
I'll be in if we can get another team in. :lol:

Jarro
25th August 2004, 01:57 PM
just found out the info for the day :

cost is $30 with drinks and stuff included.

Tee-off is at 11:45.... shotgun start :!:

Damo,Tezza and I make up one team .... c'mon guys, lets try and get some more people in this :wink:

Jarro
3rd September 2004, 01:54 PM
Tezza, Damoocow .... looks like Jamie has sorted the groups out so qwe can play with his mob on the day 8)

We'll be off the Par 5 5th first up :wink:

terryand
3rd September 2004, 04:59 PM
Tezza, Damoocow .... looks like Jamie has sorted the groups out so qwe can play with his mob on the day 8)

Cool :smt023

Terry.

Jarro
3rd September 2004, 05:04 PM
.. should suit ya for a first up tee-shot Tezza..... nice high fade around the corner 8)

Might be good to get index 1 & 2 out of the way first up :-s

Onewood
3rd September 2004, 05:35 PM

Hey guy's :!: :!: :!:
If you are still keen to play in the Scramble Iain 16? and Mat 5 are still keen :P so anyone 10 or over SING OUT :wink: :D

Jarro
3rd September 2004, 05:38 PM

Terry.

sorry boys, we're off the 7th first up :oops:

that means we'll finish on index 1 and 2 :roll:

Onewood
3rd September 2004, 05:46 PM
If you are still keen to play in the Scramble Iain 16? and Mat 5 are still keen :P so anyone 10 or over SING OUT :wink: :D

Forgot to mention the other 2 sides are easy beat's :lol: :lol: :wink:

AndyP
5th September 2004, 12:06 PM
I'll think about it. I'm still annoyed at having to miss Lakelands. :( I'll have to check if I have any training on first, though. :roll:

P.S I play off 13, but am currently playing to about 9. :smt002

Jarro
5th September 2004, 12:09 PM
I'll think about it. I'm still annoyed at having to miss Lakelands. :( I'll have to check if I have any training on first, though. :roll:

.. so is that a definite maybe :? :-k

AndyP
5th September 2004, 12:56 PM
.. so is that a definite maybe :? :-k
I'm good with the maybes. That way I don't have to do a last minute pull-out like some other people. :wink:

AndyP
7th September 2004, 08:10 AM
Leave approved. 8)

Group 3:
Mat 5
AndyP 13
Iain 16

Confirmations?

Jarro
7th September 2004, 11:44 AM
so have you guys phoned up Nudgee yet :?: better get in quick, before the day fills up 8)

AndyP
7th September 2004, 12:09 PM
Awaiting confirmation, before booking. 8)

Jarro
7th September 2004, 03:03 PM
Awaiting confirmation, before booking. 8)

good thinking 99 :smt047

Iain
7th September 2004, 06:17 PM
Yep, count me in for this. 8)

AndyP
7th September 2004, 06:29 PM
OK, that's all three confirmed.

I will try and book us in a group tomorrow. No idea whereabouts we will be starting. I'll try and get somewhere near the other guys.

Onewood
7th September 2004, 06:32 PM
I hope Mat can get the day off :roll:

Hope he's got a very nice bloke as a boss :D

Game on :wink:

Jarro
7th September 2004, 06:50 PM

I will try and book us in a group tomorrow. No idea whereabouts we will be starting. I'll try and get somewhere near the other guys.

we're off the 7th mate, see if you can get the group in front of us 8)

terryand
7th September 2004, 07:00 PM

we're off the 7th mate, see if you can get the group in front of us 8)

Yeah so we can hit up on you :wink:

Terry.

AndyP
8th September 2004, 11:51 AM
Our group is booked to go off the 11th tee.

There is timeslots on the 7th fairway, but they wanted to put us with an existing group.

Jarro
8th September 2004, 02:38 PM
Our group is booked to go off the 11th tee.

nice little 7-iron Par 3 to start with then 'eh 8)

AndyP
8th September 2004, 03:45 PM
:smt102
Only played the course once. I won't even know how to find it.
Is it after the 10th? :wink:

Iain
8th September 2004, 03:56 PM
:smt102
Only played the course once. I won't even know how to find it.
Is it after the 10th? :wink:
It's ok Andy, easy to find. I'll lead the way. :wink:

Depends how it's set up, I hit 8 iron the other day. :wink: And 6 iron today. :?

Jarro
15th September 2004, 04:27 PM
Tezza,

.. booked the cart for us today, but i forgot to ask how much #-o

anyway.. i'll be there around 11:15.

terryand
15th September 2004, 04:30 PM
Tezza,

.. booked the cart for us today, but i forgot to ask how much #-o

anyway.. i'll be there around 11:15.

Will call you later Andy to confirm a time to pick you up.

Terry.

Eag's
15th September 2004, 07:19 PM
Can I put my hand up for as a reserve if anyone pulls out :?:
Thought I was back at work on Fri, turns out I am off :)
Would love another shot at Ambrose 8)

Jarro
15th September 2004, 07:46 PM
Eag's ... consider yourself first reserve mate 8)

Iain
16th September 2004, 01:02 PM
I hope Mat can get the day off :roll:

Hope he's got a very nice bloke as a boss :D

Game on :wink:
Obviously not that nice, since he can't make it now.....

I've heard him have a whinge about that boss of his!!!! :P :P

But Eag's has stepped in to fill the void. AndyP do we need to change the group or is it only under one name and we fill in players tomorrow.

AndyP
16th September 2004, 01:22 PM
But Eag's has stepped in to fill the void. AndyP do we need to change the group or is it only under one name and we fill in players tomorrow.
There goes our A-grader. Oh Well, I guess I will have to step up now. :wink: :roll:

The group will need changing.

Iain
16th September 2004, 01:26 PM
There goes our A-grader. Oh Well, I guess I will have to step up now. :wink: :roll:

The group will need changing.
Eag's is doing that.

Onewood
16th September 2004, 02:18 PM
Sorry about the mix up guy's, but Eags is happy :D good luck to all groups

jaster
17th September 2004, 05:32 PM
Well???

Onewood
17th September 2004, 06:05 PM
One side had 6 under the other 1 under 8)

jaster
17th September 2004, 07:56 PM
Fantastic review Kev...thanks :roll: :lol: :wink:

3oneday
17th September 2004, 08:00 PM
Jaster, boys aren't spilling, they missed by a shot, few what ifs floating around, last I heard (Jarros group)

Pete

Onewood
17th September 2004, 08:17 PM
Fantastic review Kev...thanks :roll: :lol: :wink:

I thought I would leave the actual review up to those involved :D

I have heard "if only" a bit in the chat room earlier :lol: :lol:

terryand
17th September 2004, 08:29 PM
OK. Here goes.

6 under...7 birdies...1 bogie.

65 gross...58 nett.

3rd...
2nd was 57 1/2
1st was 57 1/6...So if had have got one of those wot ifs we would have won. Oh yeah first 2 went thru.

And for the wot ifs....
First hole we played,440m par5,green side trap for 2...can't get up and down,par.

The other one,bogy from 100...Bugger.

That said we holed some good putts from everywhere.
Everybody holed their share of putts, it was a true team effort.

Thanks to Damo and Jarro again for the day,had a ball.

Terry.

jaster
17th September 2004, 09:02 PM
Thanks Tezza, sounds like a fun day!! Bogies always suck though in ambroses :(

damoocow
17th September 2004, 09:55 PM
a quick review-
tezza - the guy is a freak - what else can you say - in clutch situations when mere mortals would feeeze up or choke he just unleashes mind altering drives - he actually started to perform better when we christened him our team captain Stubing and we became team 'love boat' -
jarro kept on dribbling on about some person (settle damo!!) from the 'love boat'- not sure what all that meant but he drained a few long putts so we will forgive him !
why was the new driver in the boot of the car?? - the 300 was misbehaving - but when he realised he needed a couple of good drives in the final few holes he stepped up and ripped 'em off - was in good spirits as he didn't have to cart around the silly half a strap ogio - hope the ezi drive buggy didn't take too much out of you [ grateful really - you collected quite a few of my errant drives !!]
damo - probably the most handsome and virile of the 3some - he got his good drives out of the way early then proceeded to slice - a - rama - putted well as team lagger - but was often distracted by autograph hunting girls [ will you please give me a break you goddam vixens !] - was a 7 wood hero and a sand save marvel - he also looks quite fetching in a matching bra and panties - if I were you I would get on him at his ridiculous ozgolf champs odds [or at least buy one of his framed photos]
damoocow

AndyP
18th September 2004, 11:33 AM
Didn't post anything last night, because I was too buggered. It was a long day.

Nudgee GC put on a great scramble, lots of food and drinks. Greens were in good nick, and the pins were in nasty positions.

Iain, Eag's and I got off to a flier, and we were two under through 3. But that is where it ended.
We finished with 3 birdies (all the par 5s) and 2 bogeys (one on a 120m par 3 :evil: ), to end up one under.

H/cap: (16 + 15 + 13)/6 = 7 1/3
70 gross, 62 2/3 nett.

All of our handicaps are close so we didn't play in any specific order, and we worked pretty well as a team. But on the day we missed a few putts, that at least one of us should have got and didn't nail any long ones. Would have been nice to get a few approaches closer too.

I enjoyed the day regardless. Thanks Eag's and Iain. :D

jaster
18th September 2004, 11:38 AM
Always good to play a scramble with good mates ;)

Who hit the biggest drives Andy???

AndyP
18th September 2004, 11:47 AM
Who hit the biggest drives Andy???
I can't comment on Team Love Boat, as we didn't play with them. But in our group I would have to say Eag's hits the biggest drives when he gets onto them. Unfortunately that was pretty rare yesterday.

jaster
18th September 2004, 11:51 AM
What happened to the big R7TP???

AndyP
18th September 2004, 11:54 AM
What happened to the big R7TP???
Wasn't really behaving. There were a couple of good ones though. Iain will have to fill-in the details on that one though. Plus you'll see it in action tomorrow.

goughy
18th September 2004, 12:45 PM
and the pins were in nasty positions.

You wanna see some nasty pin positions, wait till tomorrow. We saw some markings for pin positions on friday, and I'm pretty sure the 9th pin was going to be inside a righthand greenside bunker. At least almost inside.

Great reports guys, sounds like fun. I can't wait to play another holden scramble.

Eag's
18th September 2004, 07:41 PM
Had fun again guys :) thanks Andyp & Ian
My driving was disgraceful :smt078 as Andyp has pointed out.
Loved the North course and can't wait to get back there for another go :wink:

Iain
18th September 2004, 10:21 PM
The TP was long. Straight, now that's another thing.... :roll:

Hopefully I'll put on a better show tomorrow.

Had a great day, with Eag's and AndyP.

It was good watching AndyP (Radar) with the SMT blasting them down the middle all day. And Eag's hitting over the back of Par 3's and going "Oh, that was a soft 7, I was going to rip it, but backed off at the top" :?

Iain

AndyP
20th September 2004, 08:19 AM
3rd...
2nd was 57 1/2
1st was 57 1/6...So if had have got one of those wot ifs we would have won. Oh yeah first 2 went thru.

When they were presenting the prizes, they awarded them from 10th to 1st. So by the time it got to third, we knew that Team Loveboat were in the top 3, already knowing that a top two place qualified for the regional final. The presenter then decided to have a bit of a pause and stuffed around for a few moments, leaving Tez and Damo on the edge of the seats, only to be crushed by the announcement of their third placing. :(

Dramatic Stuff. :mrgreen: