PDA

View Full Version : Ping Redwood Putters

Ducky
19th August 2006, 12:08 AM
Whilst we're on the topic of new putters, here is a couple of pictures of the upcoming Ping Redwood Anser!

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/uploads/post-2351-1155404702.jpg

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/uploads/post-2351-1155404696.jpg

More to come.

:D

kwantfm
19th August 2006, 09:58 AM
rather stunning... looks BETTER than a Scotty Newport 2!

3oneday
19th August 2006, 01:10 PM
rather stunning... looks BETTER than a Scotty Newport 2!same material too apparently... lookout Scotty, Pings comin to get ya !!!!!! get ya back ?

:lol:

Deano
19th August 2006, 04:49 PM
Good pics Ducky.
Any from behind of the cavity?
Deano

kwantfm
19th August 2006, 05:38 PM
Deano,

They're on the Ping website...

T

Ducky
19th August 2006, 05:57 PM
Ping Redwood Anser or Nike Tiempo. Decisions, decisions.

3oneday
19th August 2006, 06:08 PM
Ping Redwood Anser or Nike Tiempo. Decisions, decisions.
well, I assume it takes you 3 months to make a decision ??? That's how long before the Redwoods are out :p

Ducky
19th August 2006, 06:22 PM
Yeah, you can't rush these things.

kwantfm
20th August 2006, 04:26 AM
The photos of the putter in this thread look a lot darker than the ones on Ping's website.

Ducky
20th August 2006, 05:22 AM
Just different light sources. The pictures on the Ping website would have been done in a studio.

BrisVegas
21st August 2006, 08:27 AM
Wow, very nice! 303 stainless, same as the tour Scotty's. If they can offer the custom treatments that Scotty offers the pro's now and splash some cash around, I reckon we'll see a tonne of these putters on tour next year.

The logo looks like shit though.

Ducky
21st August 2006, 02:11 PM
Agreed, the logo does look terrible. It will be interesting to see the price range set for the Redwood putters. It was stated that the Rapture series were going to be targeting the more expensive market, so the Redwood putters could follow suit. Who knows, we may be looking at a $300-400 Ping putter.

andylo
21st August 2006, 02:55 PM
same material too apparently... lookout Scotty, Pings comin to get ya !!!!!! get ya back ?

:lol:

Maybe the same material... but does it really has the same or better quality on balance, feel and other stuff?

3oneday
21st August 2006, 03:01 PM
Maybe the same material... but does it really has the same or better quality on balance, feel and other stuff?Andy, where do you reckon Scotty got his design from mate ? ;)

As Ping have a gazillion putters already and probably know by now how to make a decent one, I would suggest these would be their "top shelf" model :)

andylo
21st August 2006, 04:27 PM
obviously the newport/beach stuff are from PING and especially the Ansers....

but the great things about the SC putter are not only it built base on a good foundation, but also 1) choice of material, 2) better QA. Which I believe it contribute to the feel and balance factor.

SC is not the only one copying PING stuff, but how many of them are as sucess as SC? And these other company are including Cally, TM, Nike, Cleveland or whatever.

You may argue its the marketing but pair up a bunch of "Ansers" from different made and test them all side by side and I believe 8/10 the SC will win.

3oneday
21st August 2006, 04:37 PM
Aloho, how can you say there is better QA ?? The Redwoods aren't released yet ;) your comparison is pointless until these are released.

andylo
21st August 2006, 04:46 PM
I am not compare Redwood with SC... don't get me wrong.

I am also looking forward to see it and try it. But also wonder if it will delievery the same quality, if not better than... the SC putter that delivery to us all.

Ducky
21st August 2006, 05:02 PM
Sigh.

andylo
21st August 2006, 05:05 PM
Sigh.

What?

andylo
21st August 2006, 05:14 PM
Sigh.

Mind you that I am not buy into the NAME, but the actual quality and what actually works for me.

Apart from the Phantom (which is the ONLY SC I like) I also found Jono's 3balls belly is another putter I really like to have. Because its well balanced, well weighted and it works for me.

I also have a old Pal5 at home and I really like to use it. Like most of the old PING, great at every department as a putter but the shaft is too long (36") so I can't use it.

I also had a few other brand's putters. Thats including PGF Anser copy and milled this and that. They were so rubbish that I gave away to friends who take up golf (and they eventually gave it up... maybe because the putters are so crap) : p

Ducky
21st August 2006, 05:34 PM
:)