PDA

View Full Version : Golflink Handicap

tanax
4th August 2019, 10:32 PM
Hey OzGolfer,
Im still fairly new to this game and I never had a golflink handicap before and I have recently joined a club that allow me to have access to the handicap system. I would like to know if I can submit my social round scorecards for handicapping or I can only comp scorecard? Obviously I will have my playing partner to sign my social round scorecard but does he needs to have current active GA handicap to sign my card? Cheers.

3Puttpete
4th August 2019, 11:40 PM
Hey OzGolfer,
Im still fairly new to this game and I never had a golflink handicap before and I have recently joined a club that allow me to have access to the handicap system. I would like to know if I can submit my social round scorecards for handicapping or I can only comp scorecard? Obviously I will have my playing partner to sign my social round scorecard but does he needs to have current active GA handicap to sign my card? Cheers.

Usually your marker will need a handicap too but you should ask your club.

BGH
5th August 2019, 10:45 AM
Here are the criteria for submitting a social round for handicapping

https://www.golf.org.au/newsdisplay/76991

"The player’s home club must have chosen to allow the use of social scores"

Y (https://www.golf.org.au/newsdisplay/76991)ou will have to check with a club if they will do it. Despite this change coming in around 4 or 5 years ago, I've never seen a club offer up the option to use social scores (not that I have really been looking though).

AndyP
5th August 2019, 12:00 PM
You should be able to submit those rounds to get your initial handicap, if signed by another GA member. After that, it looks like it would be up to the club, but there isn't too much manual processing of cards anymore, as it is all done within comp. Even if you were allowed for handicapping once you have a handicap, they only let you do it, if it reduces your handicap. Thanks a lot, burglars.

tanax
5th August 2019, 10:03 PM
Thanks everyone.
I will check with the club and see if i can get my initial handicap going then i will worry about comp. Cheers