PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Notlob

notlob
16th August 2006, 06:06 PM
:-D Hi All,

My name is Notlob (surname=Bolton spelt backwards). I am unfortunate enough (only kidding Andy) to be Andy P's next door neighbour!
I have played hackers with Andy on and off for about a year. I am keen to start playing more often. I don't have a handicap but should be easily playing off about 26 at the moment but I'm very erratic!
Just prior to immigrating from Wales 7 years ago I was a member at a club for 18 months, the intention being to gear myself up for plenty of golf when I got here! At that time I played off 21 at a beautiful course overlooking a reseviour (always full of water). A new home and 2 kids put pay to playing golf once I arrived, but as I said I am trying to get back into it. In nthat regard I'm looking at limited (social) membership at courses that offer to maintain a handicap for you e.g Robina Woods
Anyway enough of me for now. Looking forward to catching up with some of you guys soon

BrisVegas
16th August 2006, 06:18 PM
Welcome aboard notlob. We're not all like AndyP, you'll be pleased to know!

Plenty of cheap memberships around. Gold Coast Country Club was $99 last I checked, as was Emerald lakes. Robina is $129 but give you a free game on your birthday AND on the day you join if you do it before the end of August. There are a few of us at Robina. I've had no problems there this past year and will be rejoining at the end of September.

Again, welcome. Enjoy!

notlob
16th August 2006, 06:44 PM
Cheers BrisVegas. Andy said you were still member at RW. Good to hear you speak well of it. Sounds as if I better get in quick but even if I joined before end of August I'm too busy the weekend of 26/27 August to fit a game in that weekend.
See ya Sunday at Windaroo?

AndyP
16th August 2006, 07:06 PM
So....my activities on this forum won't be reported back to my missus, right???

I was surprised to hear from you today that you had joined the forum. I'd made you aware of it, but never pushed you to join (chatting to weirdos on the net isn't everyone's thing). I think you'll fit in nicely though, as there is plenty of sledging done, and perhaps you'll share it among others now, instead of targetting it towards me.

Welcome to the twisted world of OZgolf. I guess this is the first step to committing to more golf.

As far as OZgolf days go, notlob played at Brooky BBQ bash in December last year, and turned up to one of our Wednesday Willawong range sessions. He would have also been at the Hackers day, where a few of you came out to Wynnum. Not sure if any of you remember him, but he speaks funny, so that might ring a bell.

BV, as notlob hasn't got a handicap yet, do you think we'd get away with grabbing a few blank RW cards and filling them out, with scores similar to his at other courses then handing them in?

Jono
16th August 2006, 07:29 PM
Hi notlob ... Glad you decided to sign up. 8)

My name is Notlob (surname=Bolton spelt backwards).

Hmmm ... I wonder what I get when I apply that to my surname ...

;)

AndyP
16th August 2006, 07:31 PM
My surname starts with it, Jono, and it's no reflection of my personality at all, but in your case.......

BrisVegas
16th August 2006, 07:34 PM
Hmmm ... I wonder what I get when I apply that to my surname ...

jono - Is it "Ho" ???

notlob - you should ask Peter Cloughton what the deal is with handicap cards when you join. I don't know if there has to be any done at RW or not. Actually, poidda just joined and hasn't had a handicap for 10 years, so he should know... I already had a golfink record when I joined and they just tranferred it across.

notlob
16th August 2006, 07:52 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys!
Andy, Yep wots on the forum stays on the forum outside Forum circles obviously.
Jono, ...maybe I've started something on the surnames?
Bris, Thanks for the advice again I will play this weekend and give Peter a ring next week.

Ducky
16th August 2006, 08:45 PM
AndyP's next door neighbour. So then, is he is bitter in real life as he is on the forums?

AndyP
16th August 2006, 08:47 PM
Get back in your box, Ducky.

Trung
16th August 2006, 11:06 PM
welcome notlob.

Jarro
16th August 2006, 11:54 PM
Welcome aboard .. see ya sunday 8)

Courty
17th August 2006, 07:28 AM
Hi Notlob. Are you an axe-murderer too? :shock: ;)

AndyP
17th August 2006, 09:51 AM
He was seen in my backyard with a pickaxe recently....8-[

Courty
17th August 2006, 10:01 AM
He was seen in my backyard with a pickaxe recently....8-[

Ok AndyP, now you're scaring me. :shock:
Since when did you use smilies on the forums? ;)

notlob
17th August 2006, 11:26 AM
Yo guys!
I'm no axe murder but I need to get a life as I'm already finding too much time to get on this forum!!
Looking forward to the round on Sunday.

terryand
17th August 2006, 02:44 PM
What....ya not an axe murderer.

Bugger off then, your not welcome here :roll:

Terry.