PDA

View Full Version : WTB - Grip Master iron grips

Deano
16th August 2006, 07:38 AM
Guys

Just picked up a set of Wishon irons that came with The Grip Master synthetic grips.
Just chasing a couple to change my wedges over from GP TV's.
If anyones got a couple not being used let me know $$.

I checked Ben's site,he doesn't appear to stock these.

Deano

3oneday
16th August 2006, 07:43 AM
Did you try www.clubmate-golf.com.au, he used to also have some Wishon stuff...

Pete

Deano
16th August 2006, 08:07 AM
Hey Pete
No these aren't a Wishon product.
GripMaster make those leather grips,although I need their
synthetic version.
Cheers
Deano

jaster
16th August 2006, 08:53 AM
I emailed these guys http://www.thegripmasterusa.com/tgm/home2 once a few years ago before these grips got popular again and and they replied very promptly with the Aussie distributor who was only too happy to help. Maybe try that Deano.

Deano
16th August 2006, 02:02 PM
jaster
Thanx for the link.
Just bounced 'em an email.
Deano

jaster
16th August 2006, 02:05 PM
My pleasure mate. I tried the real leather one for awhile, didn't like how firm it was but that was before they had the adjuster cap on top that allows you to loosen or tighten as you need. Beautiful feel though.

pt73
16th August 2006, 02:27 PM
You can ring their office in Melb on 03-9484-1066, they're an Aussie company.

The website is www.thegripmaster.com

PT

Deano
17th August 2006, 09:52 PM
Too funny,thanx to PT's headsup above I managed to get onto the bloke in Melbourne who actually puts these grips together.
Turns out the actual Grip Masters I have have never been released to the public.
Get this,they are "Tour issue only" grips(I feel so special....lol.Finally I have something in common with pete O'Malley)

Anyway,they are even gonna fill my request for some spairs and will make them up just for little 'ol me.
Great service and great grips guys.

Deano

jaster
17th August 2006, 10:39 PM
Nice, what ones are they Deano?

Deano
17th August 2006, 10:48 PM
jaster
The Grip Master's I got are pretty much like the leather grips they're famous for but these are blue in colour and synthetic.Feel good in the backyard,see how they hold up on course on the weekend.

Forgot to mention they're gonna send me a free leather grip so I'll report on that once I get around to installing..etc
Deano

ps should give Pinglauncher a nod re these.Got 'em from him with the Wishons I purchased outta the swap shop.

jaster
17th August 2006, 10:49 PM
Nice mate let us know.

terryand
17th August 2006, 11:12 PM
Forgot to mention they're gonna send me a free leather grip.

Is this the one that is tacky?

Terry.

Deano
18th August 2006, 07:09 AM
Terry
Dunno yet,they should arrive next week.
D