PDA

View Full Version : Interesting ebay experience with sellers choice of delivery company

shonofear
16th June 2019, 06:39 PM
Hey,
So I have bought heaps of 2nd hand golf clubs on ebay before without any issues.
But my latest purchase of some irons (6 irons) has ended with the seller apparently being denied to post the irons saying they were too long (over 105cm) so he decided to go to Pack and Send and was charged $105- !!!!! (Ebay charged me $17)
It’s cubic weight was registered as 15kg.
Being sent from Brisbane to the Sunshine Coast, so not even crazy far.
He asked if I could contribute to the extra postage fees even paying half but I politely declined. I feel real bad for him and told him to try a different post office. Seems its too late now though the clubs will be sent out on Monday, I was even thinking of emailing him now to see if he could cancel the shipment and try again at another post office but possibly waste of time now?
Cheers

3Puttpete
16th June 2019, 06:57 PM
He’s a goose

pt73
16th June 2019, 07:00 PM
He should find an Licensed Post Office (usually in newsagents) as many of them will accept packages up to 120cm or try someone like Transdirect.

Steve57
16th June 2019, 07:36 PM
He has obviously done something wrong even with Pack’n’Send. I have often sent over length stuff with them for less cost than Aust Post. They use Couriers Please amongst others.

shonofear
17th June 2019, 07:52 AM
thanks for the replies, I have message him with these suggestions. hopefully they stuffed up the quote and gets something back

thecollective
17th June 2019, 09:22 AM
Interparcel (couriers please) and he will get the lowest freight rate

Dotty
17th June 2019, 09:30 AM
15kg sounds like someone had their hand on the scales.

A full bag with 14 clubs and rain gear weighs less than that.

NewyMitch
17th June 2019, 09:30 AM
I recently received a driver from someone who sent with pack and send. They charged him $75 for Grafton to Newcastle. I've had a similar experience with a quote of $140 from pack and send versus $50 with Allied through interparcel.

Needless to say I now avoid pack and send.

JADO75
17th June 2019, 04:35 PM
You’re a dickhead if you pay that much

Diamonds
17th June 2019, 06:03 PM
My local P.O. refused to send something 1cm over their length limit (it might have been 105cm). I couldn't even pay extra. They said it was the courier rules and they would flat out refuse to take it. I think it was just their Startrack mob.

markTHEblake
17th June 2019, 07:43 PM
Ditto, I use Pack and Send all the time and the cost for golf clubs is typically about $16 anywhere in Australia thats not woop woop

NewyMitch
17th June 2019, 08:31 PM
The post office seems very hit and miss on the 105cm cut off. I've both sent and received boxes that are 120cm through Aus Post. I've also had enough instances of people I've bought off being rejected because of the length.

Courty
17th June 2019, 08:36 PM
15kg sounds like someone had their hand on the scales.

As the OP said, it was cubic weight (also known as Volumetric). It's an industry standard for lightweight but bulky packages. There's a good explanation here: https://www.tnt.com/express/en_au/site/how-to/calculate-size-and-weight.html

I personally use either e-go or Sendle for best pricing.