PDA

View Full Version : Swing speed (percentage)

davepuppies
10th June 2019, 02:20 PM
I had a revelation today (that will seem obvious to most)

I typically swing at the ball 100%, and whilst I hit it a mile, it goes everywhere hence my 10 handicap

I tried swinging at approx 80% capacity today at range and have never hit it sweeter. Every shot was pure, a baby draw if I wanted one, straight if I played for it, fade etc.......

I also think I was hitting it as far, or further.

Silly I haven’t thought of this sooner....... but if I can take this to the golf course I will be back down to my old mark in no time!

Grumpy8
10th June 2019, 03:42 PM
Arthritis in my back forced me into this revelation, just have to watch as you get confident you get quicker and you end up at 100 % again

benno_r
10th June 2019, 05:59 PM

I typically swing at the ball 100%, and whilst I hit it a mile, it goes everywhere hence my 10 handicap

I tried swinging at approx 80% capacity today at range and have never hit it sweeter. Every shot was pure, a baby draw if I wanted one, straight if I played for it, fade etc.......

Silly I haven’t thought of this sooner....... but if I can take this to the golf course I will be back down to my old mark in no time!Get off this golf forum!

#allornothing

[emoji23][emoji23]

Flavzz
10th June 2019, 07:50 PM
I think if anyone isn't hitting it out of the middle of the club face (regularly) it's worth at least dialing it back to the point where you can before adding speed again.

Grumpy8
10th June 2019, 08:55 PM
I am having tempo issues at the moment which is leading to temper issues which leads to tempo issues , playing tomorrow and it’s going to be all about slow n smooth and finding the centre of the club and ball

Johnny Canuck
10th June 2019, 11:00 PM

Silly I haven’t thought of this sooner....... but if I can take this to the golf course I will be back down to my old mark in no time!

Every time I feel I have a touch too much stick, I dial it back and end it hitting it further than I would with a “normal” swing.

okitoki
11th June 2019, 11:31 AM
trying to control my sway to stop my wrist flipping or slicing...
So now I try to imagine the 3/4 back swing to slow it down... works great on the range...

But on the course, I just have brain farts off every tee box....

Toolish
11th June 2019, 09:34 PM
I hit it worse when I try to go 80% as I don't commit properly!

There is a very specific sweet spot for me between swinging too easy and swinging too hard!

JADO75
11th June 2019, 09:51 PM
Grip it n rip it homos

Flavzz
11th June 2019, 10:21 PM
Grip it n rip it homos
:)

markTHEblake
13th June 2019, 09:05 PM

If you get yourself on a s/s monitor, i think you will find that you aint swinging it at 80% :)

Jono
25th June 2019, 07:43 PM
Grip and rip it, like Maria Fassi. 😎

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gS5Frn-84GE