PDA

View Full Version : Week Commencing 28 August

markTHEblake
14th August 2006, 08:21 PM
It's almost become prestigious to start one of the weekly threads. :roll:
If thats the case I had better get in early.

AndyP
14th August 2006, 08:25 PM
To delete or not to delete? That is the question.

+1

Ducky
15th August 2006, 02:15 AM
Ibtl.

brad
15th August 2006, 12:20 PM
What's the "+1" mean in you post AndyP? I've seen it in some of Ducky's as well.

AndyP
15th August 2006, 12:29 PM
What's the "+1" mean in you post AndyP? I've seen it in some of Ducky's as well.
Indicates a post boost. Ducky started it.

dc68
15th August 2006, 12:41 PM
Nice work
+1

Courty
15th August 2006, 02:08 PM
:roll:

+1
;)

McMw
21st August 2006, 08:26 PM
decided against starting a new (legit) thread... :lol:

after my 3rounds in KGM, couldn't wait to get back to my home course and get some touch back...

started with 4 bogeys on the trot, and a topped t shot that somehow managed to bounce out of the drink...did I make the right choice to play 9?!?!

but a chip in birdie after the lousy 2nd shot, parred 6, missed bird 7, bogey 8, missed bird 9 - can't wait to get back out there again!!! :D

If I make it thru my first round this Sat Club Champs, I'm up against a toughie in the 2nd round...

Courty
21st August 2006, 08:35 PM
decided against starting a new (legit) thread... :lol:

You musn't have checked your calendar. Today is the 21st. ;) :lol:

McMw
21st August 2006, 08:40 PM
#-o #-o #-o

AndyP
21st August 2006, 09:24 PM
Nice one, McMw. At least you got the right month.

Ducky
22nd August 2006, 12:36 AM
To the time machine!

dc68
22nd August 2006, 02:01 PM
Now seeing as you know what you are going to do next week you can eliminate those silly errors! :)

brad
24th August 2006, 01:12 PM
Forget golf, did you get the lotto numbers ???

Ducky
27th August 2006, 05:55 PM
We're almost there! Yaaaaay!

Grunt
27th August 2006, 06:18 PM
2 more work days and then the Golf Week starts once more :p
Games planned so far:
Wednesday: Lessons
Thursday: Ashlar
Friday: ?
Saturday: Mac Grange
Sunday: ?/maybe?

AndyP
27th August 2006, 06:32 PM
Golf planned for this week: Nil.

Flowergirl
28th August 2006, 06:40 AM
In case the thread gets missed - check out the photos and clips in the Toolish v Chappy thread. Has photos of all us Vics at THe dunes on Sunday. Great job Bruce.:mrgreen:

terryand
28th August 2006, 08:11 AM
In case the thread gets missed - check out the photos and clips in the Toolish v Chappy thread. Has photos of all us Vics at THe dunes on Sunday. Great job Bruce.:mrgreen:

You just want us to check out your butt :shock:

Terry.

miro
28th August 2006, 09:11 AM
Ok so in the spirit of golf scores and this post being a little in betwen weeks.

Played Ambrose yesterday (the 27th!) as we had cored the greens (we always have ambrose at this time).

We shot 12 under off the stick with 8 straight birdies from 2 - 9. I putted in the last spot and only had 1 putt in the first 9 holes and 4 for the round. A good fun day -especially since we picked up the Gross winners cheque!

Flowergirl
28th August 2006, 12:19 PM

Terry.

No -a bit miffed really. The photos make me look bigger than I am - no really they do. You ask Melinda who works for me. I'm sure she's not just sucking up to the boss - or is she!!!!:smt002

I just thought the thread might get lost and I didn't want you to miss ou.t:smile:

Bruce
28th August 2006, 12:53 PM

Terry.

I could have taken a butt shot standing in the same spot for her putt coming back the other way. (And perhaps another one from the front shortly after - I can't remember).

My photography has always been in the Bressonian style - attempting to merge the subject and the environment as one and I didn't think Flowergirls arse and sweeping dunes were a good match. I also didn't want Reenie to end up in someone's spank bank.

Flowergirl
28th August 2006, 01:09 PM
I could have taken a butt shot standing in the same spot for her putt coming back the other way. (And perhaps another one from the front shortly after - I can't remember).

My photography has always been in the Bressonian style - attempting to merge the subject and the environment as one and I didn't think Flowergirls arse and sweeping dunes were a good match. I also didn't want Reenie to end up in someone's spank bank.

Spank bank? What is a spank bank. No - hang on - I don't think I need to know this. :shock:

Grunt
31st August 2006, 02:12 PM
Played @ Ashlar this morning 32 points, a real up and down round with 5 pars & 4 wipes :(. Putting was pretty good. Wipes were caused by me not taking my medicine for a poor tee shot on 2 occasions. One was due to an arguement about rules with my marker and I just picked up my ball and walked the hole. I will start a thread to see if I had my interpretation of the rules correct.
On the whole a pretty good day, I guess you could say it was on of those "if I didn't do that what would have been the score days"
Well back to Macarthur Grange tomorrow, hopefully I can get it right there, have not played well there for some time.

Ducky
31st August 2006, 05:41 PM
I played today (31/08/06). I had 40 points (gross 79). I had 40 (+5, 19 points) on the back nine, and 38 (+3, 21 points) on the front nine. I was satisfied with my ball striking, however, my short game (particularly my putting) was terrible. The Ping Redwood Anser is looking very tempting right now.

The most exciting part for the day was making eagle on the fourth hole (300m Par 4). I almost holed the drive, and had a 6ft putt to finish things off. The best part is that I believe there is an 'eagles nest', so hopefully I should get some golf balls.

I have effectively lost another stroke off my handicap, so progress is being made.

amanda
31st August 2006, 07:36 PM
Great work Ducky!

PeteyD
31st August 2006, 07:37 PM
Well done Duckster!

Courty
31st August 2006, 07:53 PM
Meh. He's only doing it to stay at the top of the Vardon leaderboard...

;)

Ducky
31st August 2006, 08:03 PM
That trophy is mine!

:D

McMw
31st August 2006, 09:49 PM
I tot u had a ram zebra putter??? ditch that cameron - it's crap!!! :lol:

Ducky
31st August 2006, 10:14 PM
Yeah, I still have it. I figured that for $400.00 the Scotty Cameron would hole the putts for me. I am getting my Ping Zing 2 back off my brother. After a refinish/regrip it will be put back into play.

PeteyD
1st September 2006, 06:24 PM
Played Riverlakes with Keza and Scotty this afternoon and broke 100 for the first time since starting again this year!! Might have been a much better score except for a couple of silly things on a few holes. Pretty stoked about it!

shazza_rs
1st September 2006, 07:04 PM
nice shooting peteyD

Keza_G
1st September 2006, 08:35 PM
Played Riverlakes with Keza and Scotty this afternoon and broke 100 for the first time since starting again this year!! Might have been a much better score except for a couple of silly things on a few holes. Pretty stoked about it!

U rocked mate....:smt023

Jarro
2nd September 2006, 05:28 AM
well played Pete 8)

jimandr
2nd September 2006, 06:27 PM
Not a good round today in the monthly medal. Gross 85, nett 78. I just couldn't hit the shots I was trying to hit, and my chipping in particular was awful.

Fairways = 7 of 14
Greens in Reg = 4 of 18
Putts = 34, no birdies, 3 three putts
Up and Down = 4 of 10
Sand Saves = 0 of 3.

Courty
2nd September 2006, 06:45 PM
Medal up here too. I think I used up all the good stuff last weekend as I shot 82/76 today. Overall it wasn't too bad. It was just a couple of dumb holes that ruined it. :roll:

McMw
2nd September 2006, 09:04 PM
I played everyday this week (couldn't play 18 this arvo) and am striking the ball well tee to green...just no frigging idea what to do when I'm on the green!!! it's giving me the fits...especially with a comp tomorrow arvo!!! :(

peter_rs
3rd September 2006, 11:20 AM
Second round of Club Champs @ riverlakes
A average round again with 3 triples and a double for another net 70.

Everyone else chopped and I ended up being seeded 2 in C grade (gross & nett). The guy leading c grade is ahead by 5 shots gross or 11 nett. I can bring him back now he has to play with me ;)

Shazza is seeded 1 in ladies (seeded by net)

Scotty_G seeded 2nd

Keza_G seeded 1 in gross

shazza_rs
3rd September 2006, 11:30 AM
2nd Round of Club Champs - Riverlakes 2/9/06
---------------------------------------------------

Had a 85/68.
Pretty happy with how i played... except for my putting..... think i 3 putted every GIR i was on......:twisted: Admittedly i wasn't very close every time i was on a GIR. ;) I did managed to one putt on the 10th for a bird... and a birdie dance.

I am seeded 2 in gross... Kezinator is kicking my butt....
Apparently ladies are seeded by net scores so i am seeded 1 in A grade. Should be interesting... time for a chop fest i think :-D

AndyP
3rd September 2006, 12:17 PM
Well done, guys. Don't they have any other members out there??? (kidding)

peter_rs
3rd September 2006, 12:40 PM
Well done, guys. Don't they have any other members out there??? (kidding)

Yes lots but we rock ;)

goughy
3rd September 2006, 04:07 PM
Hey Shazza, you got ripped of from the M.R. game. Can't believe you haven't lost anymore shots.

shazza_rs
3rd September 2006, 04:53 PM
Hey Shazza, you got ripped of from the M.R. game. Can't believe you haven't lost anymore shots.

I know.... these CCR's are a joke

jaster
3rd September 2006, 08:03 PM
I spent Wed and Thu in hospital so was stoked to feel up to playing in a Holden Scramble yesterday at Borneo Barracks. Me, mezza and steve. We had 8 under with my highlight being a 195m 4 iron that finished 62cms away on the hardest hole on the course (15th I think). Man I thought it was going in for a while :)

Missed out by 2 shots to quailfy :)

Mezza was smashing his new SQ tour (thanks spiersy) with the Diamana Blackboard and my new FT-3 was as straight as I had hoped. Pity I have lost so over 30ms :(

Man we are looking forward to playing in the Nudgee scramble, not worried about the score at all just so looking forward to catching up with everyone again.

McMw
3rd September 2006, 08:35 PM
74 today to win the comp gross by 1 stroke...
had 2 unnecessary bogeys out of the 5 I had...so that was sickening...

McMw
6th September 2006, 12:08 PM
managed to get my name and ugly mug into the newspaper today based on the win on Sunday - jean got a mention too for her 3rd placing in the ladies category... :mrgreen:

jaster
6th September 2006, 12:34 PM
WD Mau and also Jean! Fanstastic stuff :) Any chance on some newspaper scans ;)

McMw
6th September 2006, 02:26 PM
thank goodness no pics on the weblink!!! :lol:
BruDirect (http://www.brudirect.com/DailyInfo/News/Archive/Sept06/060906/nite28.htm)

and YUP....u read correctly - there are 2 60nett scores there!!!

jaster
6th September 2006, 07:01 PM
LOL Mau....good work mate you legend.....2 60 netts!! haha that is insane!

Grunt
6th September 2006, 07:19 PM
Gee me posting my golf last week is a let down after that great golf by yourself and Jean, Mau.

Well last week came to an end for me with 2 very up and down golf days, both at Macarthur Grange. On Friday, I started off well with 20 points on the front nine, slowly I ran out of people to mark my card due to slow play and after the 14th hole the sole remaining guy in the group had to abandon the round I was on 34 points, oh well.
Saturday was the round I was trying to replicate the way I was scoring on the day before, bad move, I proceeded to shoot 13 points on the front nine. I got it back together to shoot 20 points on the back and place a repectable score 33 points.
A couple of months ago I would have thrown it all away and shot 20 points, guess I am finally playing golf for the real reason the ENJOYMENT!!