PDA

View Full Version : Putting lesson/fitting Canberra/Sydney

dee cee
3rd June 2019, 06:11 PM
Gday all,
Contemplating putting lessons coupled with a fitting at some point to complement the lessons.

I’m near Canberra but would go to Sydney. I’m not after run of the mill golf coach, rather a putting guru. Seems we lack full swing guru’s around here but I’m hoping we might have some putting experts?

Who do you guys recommend and why?

Thanks...

Captain Nemo
3rd June 2019, 06:37 PM
https://www.thelakesgolfclub.com.au/cms/golf-academy/inside-the-studio/

Go see Christian Small
Certified AimPoint express coach too.

dee cee
4th June 2019, 08:01 PM
Looks quite good. Thanks.

Any others peeps?

Captain Nemo
4th June 2019, 08:16 PM
Pureform
https://pureformgolf.com.au/golfclubfittings/

Halfer5
28th January 2020, 08:29 PM
Looks quite good. Thanks.Any others peeps? Did you go see Christian for a lesson / fitting? How did it go?

Captain Nemo
28th January 2020, 09:27 PM
Did you go see Christian for a lesson / fitting? How did it go?
i have.
pm me if you like....

mrbluu
30th January 2020, 09:04 AM
i have.pm me if you like.... Can I pm you too?😁

Captain Nemo
30th January 2020, 11:17 AM
Can I pm you too?
No.
You do enough spamming of my insta already, can’t take anymore :lol:

mrbluu
30th January 2020, 11:23 AM
No.
You do enough spamming of my insta already, can’t take anymore [emoji38]I think it's the other way around[emoji1787][emoji1787]

Captain Nemo
30th January 2020, 11:24 AM
Bullshit!
Plus you never told us the brand of your fancy shorts....?

mrbluu
30th January 2020, 11:26 AM
Bullshit!
Plus you never told us the brand of your fancy shorts....?You like comment on my every post so you're spamming me !!![emoji1787]

I'm not sponsored so no need to disclose the brand of shorts [emoji16]

Captain Nemo
30th January 2020, 11:27 AM
#softcock

mrbluu
30th January 2020, 11:30 AM
#softcockBwhahaha

flathook
30th January 2020, 08:20 PM
i have.
pm me if you like....
Are you worried about defamation?

Captain Nemo
31st January 2020, 10:59 AM
What you talking about?

flathook
31st January 2020, 06:34 PM
What you talking about?
Why not just post your thoughts?
I'd like to hear how it went. I've been searching for a good putter fit for years all up and down the eastern seaboard and been very disappointed. Lots of fancy cameras and computers but not one of them looked at distance control which is the most important aspect.

mrbluu
6th February 2020, 04:57 PM
Why not just post your thoughts?
I'd like to hear how it went. I've been searching for a good putter fit for years all up and down the eastern seaboard and been very disappointed. Lots of fancy cameras and computers but not one of them looked at distance control which is the most important aspect.Out of interest, did you get putting lessons as well?

Also not sure how you would fit for distance control....

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

3oneday
7th February 2020, 11:44 AM
Pm not sent

flathook
12th February 2020, 05:24 PM
Out of interest, did you get putting lessons as well?

Also not sure how you would fit for distance control....

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk
Didn't get lessons.
Swing weight, dead weight, counter balancing. Dynamic loft could also change with length of swing. Putting over the length of a practice green rather than a little artificial strip of carpet.

mrbluu
12th February 2020, 05:57 PM
Didn't get lessons.
Swing weight, dead weight, counter balancing. Dynamic loft could also change with length of swing. Putting over the length of a practice green rather than a little artificial strip of carpet.None of that would make much difference if your putting stroke is inconsistent.... probably better off buying a new driver or 3 wood [emoji12][emoji12]

flathook
12th February 2020, 07:31 PM
None of that would make much difference if your putting stroke is inconsistent.... probably better off buying a new driver or 3 wood [emoji12][emoji12]
The putting stroke is inconsistent because the putter doesn't feel balanced. Many experienced clubfitters suggest the most important part of a full swing fitting is getting the dead weight correct. Try hitting the ball with the grip end of the club.

mrbluu
12th February 2020, 07:44 PM
The putting stroke is inconsistent because the putter doesn't feel balanced. Many experienced clubfitters suggest the most important part of a full swing fitting is getting the dead weight correct. Try hitting the ball with the grip end of the club.

No idea why would anyone try to hit a ball with the grip end and never had any club fitter mention dead weight either.

No sure how that will help you play better if your swing is inconsistent!!

Halfer5
4th March 2020, 05:09 AM
Update: Went for a putter fitting with Christian & it was a bit of a mix between a fitting & a lesson. My 30 year old putter was unsurprisingly a poor fit for me, my stroke was bad and my posture was wrong but other than that I’m good😀. Seriously though I thought it was great value, I have changed my putter and had a couple of games since and while I’m still trying to bed in the stroke and putter changes my putting already seems to be better and more consistent. Would highly recommend it if you are struggling.

Halfer5
9th May 2020, 09:13 PM
Update 2 months later, now that I have had time to bed everything in I’ve been really happy and had some success with the new putter and stroke. Had 28 putts today with 7x1putts, 1 no putt hole out and a 3putt from 50ft, best putting performance off a long time both making par savers and birdie putts. For me the fitting has definitely been money well spent.