PDA

View Full Version : Week Commencing 14th August

Ducky
14th August 2006, 12:59 AM
Lets see those scores for this week!

AndyP
14th August 2006, 06:31 AM
What's wrong with having someone that actually played start the thread? Is that exciting to start one up or is it a post boost, like my post?

Courty
14th August 2006, 07:09 AM
Post boost. ;)

It's almost become prestigious to start one of the weekly threads. :roll:

Grunt
14th August 2006, 07:49 AM
Bugger and I probably would have got to start this thread yet again!
Yeah what AndyP said leave it to the guy that actually haas had a hit to start the 1st post. ;)

chappy1970
14th August 2006, 08:40 AM
I'll start - I think that I may need to take up bowls as Saturday just confirmed my suspisions that it is too hard to play off single figures when you play once every 2 - 3 weeks.

26 points (ouch)

Had 13 putts on the front nine though.

Lost the match and had to provide beer and service (double ouch)

Only positive to come out of the round, as of Saturday's dismal performance I'm now out to 10, which is just in time too as I am playing Toolish for the Vic Ozgolf crown in a fortnight.

I think he will have to give me a shot now (I'll bloody well need it)

Chappy

Grunt
14th August 2006, 08:48 AM
Chappy, that should be in last weeks thread unless you are predicting your round for Saturday the 19th.

chappy1970
14th August 2006, 09:41 AM
Sorry mate.

PeteyD
14th August 2006, 04:47 PM
Ha - at least I played today, or sort of. The Kids fun day Keza organised at RL was great fun. We managed to play a total of 6 holes, 3 before lunch and 3 after. Great for the little ones to get out and hit a few hundred. Finally I was able to outdrive someone, although I don't think the little ones count !!

BrisWesty
14th August 2006, 05:23 PM
Ran around Caboolture today (18 holes) before wandering out to Pacific Harbour just after 8am.

84 off the stick. 9 pars, 6 bogey, 2 doubles (1 & 2), 1 triple
34 putts - 3 1 putts, 14 2 putts, 1 3 putt.
5 fairways, 7 GIR

Ducky
14th August 2006, 06:44 PM
What's wrong with having someone that actually played start the thread? Is that exciting to start one up or is it a post boost, like my post?
What are you talking about?

+1.

AndyP
14th August 2006, 08:24 PM
14/08/2006, Pacific Harbour (Gold), Social Round

1 birdie.
3 pars.
7 bogeys.
6 doubles.
1 other.

Score 45-48-93 nett 82 (Par 36-36-72)

Thought I hit it as solidly as I have been over the last couple of weeks, with a few more shockers, but you get punished more at PH, and the short game needed there isn't the same as anywhere else.

Next round: 20/08/2006, Windaroo GC, OZgolf Matchplay.

BrisVegas
15th August 2006, 07:05 AM
14/08/2006, Pacific Harbour (Gold), Social Round
... you get punished more at PH, and the short game needed there isn't the same as anywhere else.

What do you mean? Are the green surrounds different to what you're used to? Was it the grass? Bunkers? It's interesting that you highlighted the short game when I thought for sure you'd say it was the length or the wind.

How tough is that 17th hole??!!! I stepped onto that tee thinking "hard 3 iron" but soon went back to the bag and grabbed 3 wood. I think into the wind, it's a 5 iron layup shot, then an easy pitch. Don't know what index it was, but surely it'd be a par 4 for mere mortals anyway!

BrisWesty
15th August 2006, 12:04 PM
Just from the look of the holes I walked with them, there's a lot more undulation around the green. Certainly there are deeper and steeper swales around and on the greens than I'm used to at Caboolture. Certainly the steeper slopes help make the gentle breaks look less severe than they actually are.
AndyP was saying to me that there seems to be less grass under the ball on the fairways, so maybe they mow it shorter, plus the buggies flatten it out too. I was getting more run with the drives I hit too (though maybe it was just ALo's gear). ;-)

Flowergirl
15th August 2006, 01:08 PM
First round of the 4BB matchplay today. I deserve a medal for not doing my block. Five and a quarter hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And there was no one else on the course. I tell you what - the bloody old duck who we played with is just so slow and rude. She NEVER is ready to play her shot and fiddles around with her stuff all the time. Amazing how she has to get something noisy out of her bag when I'm in the middle of my shot. And I had to give her 22 - yes 22 friggin shots!!!!!!!!!!!! 15 to her playing partner.
It was neck and neck all day. We got to 2 up after the 9th - they won the next two - then we were 1 down after the 16th. I birdied the 17th - par 3 with a huge putt . All sqaure going to the 18th. I had to give 2 shots and it came down to the last putt. I made the putt for bogey ( hole is rated 1) and she missed a sitter for a trillion.
I was NOT going to go down the 1st again. No way!!!!!!

Phew..............I feel better now:twisted:

dc68
15th August 2006, 02:20 PM
What do you mean? Are the green surrounds different to what you're used to? Was it the grass? Bunkers? It's interesting that you highlighted the short game when I thought for sure you'd say it was the length or the wind.

The surrounds are tight as the proverbial fishes' Ar5e.

Grunt
15th August 2006, 03:07 PM
Played Macarthur Grange this morning with a mate from work. Can you believe the pins are in the exact same positions still, have not moved since Thursday last week.

The game itself was not that bad, had a 90 Gross, 69 nett. Scary thing was the way I played the course, 9 pars and a Birdie:-D!!! the other holes were not that good :shock:
If you broke the holes down to their pars it gets even more interesting

Par 3's - Even (parred every one)
Par 4's - 21 over (BAD :shock:)
Par 5's - 1 under (birdied 1, parred the other 3)We worked out the Stableford points in the clubhouse so as to see how weird the round really was. 37 points with 4 wipes & 3 single point holes.

Many highlights to the round

1st shot on the 2nd hitting the pin, stayed out and ran about 10 feet down from the hole. It was sucking back as it hit the pin!!
Behind the green on 7 for 2, Driver/5 wood.
Eagle putt on the 9th hole lipping out, made birdie
an up and down on the 17th to get par
3iron over the water on 18 to the centre of the greenHopefully I will play the whole round like I did on the par 3's & 5's tomorrow, could well give the handicap a real shake up.

Jono
15th August 2006, 04:38 PM
Well played, Grant. Looks like you had a good ball striking round ... well, par 3's and 5's anyway. ;) Those lessons must be paying off. 8)

McMw
15th August 2006, 10:23 PM
played 8 holes this evening - does it count??? :D

hit the ball great, except for one "don't-know-who-swung-the-club-but-it-sure-wasn't-me" t shot on the 5th... :lol:

got a huge playing schedule for this next couple of weeks, comps everywhere tying to get them in before the fasting month begins late september... :D

it's a BUFFET!!! :lol:

-----------------------

This weekend
1) DST ASTRO Comp - BND150.00, Breakfast, Lunch, Goodies
Shotgun, Morning T-Off Only
Day 1 - RBA Golf Club, Day 2 - Jedurdong, Top 80 Day 3 - Empire
2) Ta Ann Classic @ KGM - Day 1, Day 2, Top 36 Day 3

24th-27th - Asian PGA Brunei Open
27th - SJ Club Comp @ Panaga Golf Club

1st-3rd - Empire Open - Day1, Day 2, Top 40 Day 3
3rd - Adinin Club Comp @ Panaga Golf Club
3rd - Black Horse @ KGM

8th 9th 10th - HM Tournament Panaga Golf Club (Play anyday, 1st score counts)
10th - Mitsubishi Comp System 36 @ Empire (BND100) Open to all hcp
10th - Eastwood Valley Classic @ Eastwood (RM180) Open to 28 and below

15th 16th 17th - KGM Open @ Miri Golf Club

McCoy
16th August 2006, 07:01 AM
Playes at Lakelands with the old man yesterday. A big thanks to Shavey for helping to organise it. Only got 15 holes in due to a slow group of overseas tourists and the old man needing to get a plane home.
The old man put in some reasonable golf, parred a few and lost a few balls in the water. I putted poorly but apart from that played pretty well.
Highlights:
The old man refusing to allow for his chronic slice when teeing off on holes lined by water - splash
The 15th I hit a 9i to give me a 10ft putt for birdie, and 3 putted.

Great course and anyone going to the Gold Coast get in touch with Shavey.

Grunt
16th August 2006, 12:18 PM
Well another day of up and down golf for me, played Kogarah with Andrew, Jono & Vince.
27 points with 8 on the back nine & 19 on the front. We teed off the 10th hole to start with.
Heaps better 2nd nine with a lot of smarter golf play coming to the fore. Still have the bad shots in me that I guess will weed themselves out once the lessons get the swing changes to become more automatic. Overall happy with the day it could have been far worse a result.

cazandpaul
16th August 2006, 02:29 PM
37 points this morning - golf is ironic - for the past very long while:oops: I have not been able to break out of my shadow and today I'm disappointed with my score which included 5 one pointers.

It was like I got to a decent score and had forgotten how to finish it off - what a dumbass:x

Jarro
16th August 2006, 02:43 PM
nice shootin' anyway Paul 8)

when are we having a day down at Burliegh ;)

Flowergirl
16th August 2006, 03:20 PM
37 points this morning - golf is ironic - for the past very long while:oops: I have not been able to break out of my shadow and today I'm disappointed with my score which included 5 one pointers.

It was like I got to a decent score and had forgotten how to finish it off - what a dumbass:x

So you are p*ssed off with 37 points????????I played today for a lousey 29 points!!!!!!! Wanna swap scores?????:smt002

McMw
16th August 2006, 09:06 PM
hit the ball great this arvo...finished -2 33 for the 9, missed 2 birds too... :D
can't wait for Friday...hopefully the nerves won't get the better off me, and just play smart golf all weekend...fairways fairways fairways... :mrgreen:

PeteyD
17th August 2006, 10:31 AM
crap day at Pacific yesterday. Thanks to DC68 for the trip in the Bronco Mobile, and for watching him and his mates lay them out there. couldn;t string more than 2 good shots together and putting was pathetic until the 17th. Would have had 25 points if it was not a 4 ball. Better next time.

Virgal_Tracy
17th August 2006, 10:45 AM
Played yesterday at kogarah with Grant, Andrew and jono.

Started promisingly with par and played reasonably solid all day but again driver got me into more trouble than I could get out of. Really need a lesson to eradicate powerslice.

Putting was good, short game better than Mac Grange but not by volumes but still enjoyed the day.

McCoy
17th August 2006, 08:31 PM
34 points. Really struggled from the tee. Haven't confirmed it but I may have won NTP on a hole I bogeyed :shock: Had a downhill putt that slid 4ft past the hole, then horse shoed the 2nd putt. Just wasn't concentrating so I looked like an idiot.

McMw
18th August 2006, 10:47 PM
dissapointing 80 [+8] today on D1 of the TaAnn across the border...

was really hitting the ball great going out, had the one bogey on the front nine from a 3jack...missed the 1.5 footer tap in when I was trying to finish out the hole... :rolleyes: no birdies all day...

bogeyed 10, doubled 12 when I fatted the 9iron tshot into the water, then parred all the way to the 16th...

made a really crappy bogey on 17, then disaster on the 18 - triple without losing the ball!!! :(

BUT...should be allright for tomorrow...need a mid 70s score to play Sunday... :D

leader shot 33-33 for 6 under the course...but amazingly - he had OOBs on both 9s...what could have been!!!

Coffs_Hacker
19th August 2006, 12:07 PM
Monthley medal at coffs today 86/74

10/14 fairways
10 gir
42 putts :P
1bird

oz
19th August 2006, 05:40 PM
3 doubles in a 78 at Wagga City RSL Today. Cored greens were very slow and bumpy, but it was a nice change of scenery. Started with 7 straight pars, then 2 straight doubles (from sheer stupidity). Another double on 17, along with a birdie & bogey made up the back 9.

amanda
20th August 2006, 06:12 AM
Net 95 at Kooindah Waters. I think I had about 6 pars and a whole lot of huge scores on other holes!

In any case - I had a very fun day with Jono, Jimandr and Brad - though some of the patrons of KWGC in groups behind us were not very nice people.

Pinglauncher
20th August 2006, 05:06 PM
Well no play again for me today with injury still the problem.

Nathan on the other hand carried the family name pretty well with +8 :smt038

He turned +7 after shooting 3 over the first nine which is pretty good for a 21 marker. His putting which has been a MAJOR problem was hugely improved today. He finished up 10 over off the stick.

Dad is nervously looking over his shoulder as my game is quickly going in the wrong direction of late.

Flowergirl
20th August 2006, 05:28 PM
Well done to Nathan. +8. Woo hoo!!!!

I played at Rosebud Country Club Beautiful winters day - bit breezy but the sun was shining. Played a good game. Played par - and finished +4 to win the comp.:mrgreen: Stupid though - at Rosebud CC if you are a visitor and you win the comp you aren't allowed to win the first prize even though you pay the comp fee. I won 4 golf balls :evil: and the runner up got the voucher. Dumb isn't it!!!

Took 1.5 off my handicap to break down to 17 ( 16.5) Mmmmmmm - what happened to my never breaking 18 promise.

I drove well and didn't have any 3 putts. Don't think I've ever done that before especially on a course that's not my home course.

shazza_rs
20th August 2006, 05:30 PM
Played wed, thurs, fri, sat, and sunday this week.....

Wednesday - Riverlakes
Played pretty well, ended up having a hit with wavemaker... nice to meet you james.

Thursday - Colonial
Not a bad track... got penalised a lot by wayward tee shots.... ended up in the root system of a couple of trees... other than that not too shabby.

Friday - Robina Woods
Played in the open comp..... my golflink hasn't been updated... petes has... D'oh.... i really wanted my 0.1 back. Course was pretty decent... greens has been scarified not too long ago.

Saturday - Riverlakes
Had 30 points.... 12/18.. hehehehehehe.... was ready to throw the bag in the lake on 10 but persisted and only had one wipe on the back when a tree on 11 swallowed my ball.

Sunday - Windy with the rest of the bunch
Got to see pete chip & putt his arse off...26 putts....

Overall played like crap for 5 days straight.....:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Bring on club champs next week..... :mrgreen:

AndyP
20th August 2006, 05:58 PM
Great playing, FG, but steady on with that improvement. We can't have you passing jarro.

Jarro
20th August 2006, 06:02 PM
nice shootin' FG 8)

Flowergirl
20th August 2006, 06:27 PM
Thanks guys:mrgreen:

shazza_rs
20th August 2006, 07:38 PM
Well played Reenie!

We have the same hcp now...... :) :) :)

AndyP
20th August 2006, 07:46 PM
20/08/2006, Windaroo Lakes GC, Hackers Social Group + OZgolf Matchplay

8/14 effective fairways.
10/18 effective approaches.
0/4 up and down successes.
39 putts.
-----------------
8 pars.
7 bogeys.
2 doubles.
1 other.

Score 44-42-86 nett 75 (Par 36-36-72)

My two stengths from recent rounds abandoned me today. Driving was off, where a bad drive was a really bad drive. And my short game was just terrible. Something that only recently came good seems to have saved my score, the irons/approaches.

For the whole, I played okay, without doing anything special.

Next round: 9-10/09/2006, Town of Nambour Open.

McMw
20th August 2006, 07:50 PM
shot 74 yesterday to make the cut by 3strokes - abs stoked bout that!!!
only the top 24 go thru, which is no mean feat coz we're talking about players with +1 to 2 handicaps... :D

started this morning 16th place, finished 22nd (I think) with a lousy 83...but it was a good tourney anyway...considering...

drove the ball okay, just couldn't find my range with my irons today...

the way I'm striking the ball recently, really looking forward to the next 4 weeks of golf comps... :mrgreen:

BrisVegas
20th August 2006, 08:20 PM
Windaroo today from the social tees.

78 gross, 70 nett.
6 fairways
8 GIR
30 putts (1 x 3-putt from 15 feet!)

Hit the ball pretty well again today. Was square for the back nine til a weak bogey from the fringe on the 18th (our 9th). Hit my drive OOB on the 1st into someone's pool to go 3 over. Lipped out birdies on the next couple and then kinda stumbled home for 6 over. Hit some nice bunker shots (from all different types of sand!) and drained a few putts. Was disappointed to have not converted some more birdies given how easy the course was playing today.

Was good to play with Jono and Jarro, it's been ages. Andylo hit some great shots amongst all the mechanical maccarena moves he was doing during his setup... Everyone in our group hit it passed me today. I got nuthin anymore. Jono in particular hit some cracking drives, including one down the 18th that any touring pro would be happy with.

Flowergirl
21st August 2006, 05:38 AM
Well played Reenie!

We have the same hcp now...... :) :) :)

Like daughter - like mother.:-D I'll race you back to 18. ( I really didn't want to break):evil:

Bruce
21st August 2006, 10:06 AM
Stableford at Mirboo North on Saturday in a very stiff breeze.

Another Jeckyl and Hyde day with more Hyde than usual and a crappy 27 points. 4 wipes and 5 x 1 pointers.

It was also a Secret Nine day. I could have had as few as 5 points or as many as 22 depending on the holes chosen.

I'm gunna give Mirboo a rest for a while now. I'm getting sick of doing all the fricken cooking when I go up to the In-laws.

cazandpaul
21st August 2006, 02:09 PM
I am one very proud ozgolfer - Caz shot 1 over on Saturday in the last round of her Business Ladies champs and is the new champion:-D - she has worked very hard on her golf, flexibility and fitness over the past months and it would seem to have paid off.

I had 39 points yesterday - there is hope for everybody:-D

Flowergirl
21st August 2006, 02:36 PM
I am one very proud ozgolfer - Caz shot 1 over on Saturday in the last round of her Business Ladies champs and is the new champion:-D - she has worked very hard on her golf, flexibility and fitness over the past months and it would seem to have paid off.

I had 39 points yesterday - there is hope for everybody:-D

Congratulations to Caz. Boy that is a great effort. way to go girl.:mrgreen:
39 points isn't too shabby either Paul. :smt002

BrisVegas
21st August 2006, 02:38 PM
Congratulations Caz!! All hail the new Champion!!

Flowergirl
21st August 2006, 02:47 PM
I played 18 holes at Carrington today. There weren't enough players for the monthly medal so we just had a social hit. It was so nice not to have to worry about the score. I tried a few different things - I tried to chip and run more than pitching ( which I have been playing badly lately) some good - some not so good.:???:

The girl who I played with has been playing shocking for ages so I gave her a few tips and it reinforced pointers to me also. My home course is very hilly so you rarely play off a flat lie. It's hard to remember ball forward, grip down, bum out and everthing else you have to remember. I usually duff the shot and then say - oh yea - I forgot to do whatever it is I forgot!!:shock:

No idea of the score - and it was so nice not to care.

Jarro
21st August 2006, 03:05 PM
Congratulations Caz!! All hail the new Champion!!

Wot he sed