PDA

View Full Version : Afl 2019

Hatchman
21st March 2019, 05:45 AM
Season starts, tonight.
Actually looking forward to watching some games to see if the 6 6 6 start at Center bounces changes how the game is played. This will be more evident in the last few minutes of a game where scores are close.

AndyP
21st March 2019, 07:27 AM
The 100m penalties are going to be great too.

WBennett
21st March 2019, 07:39 AM
The 100m penalties are going to be great too.

I hope that gets relaxed / made sensible as the year goes on.

3Puttpete
21st March 2019, 07:55 AM
The players will get better at not giving them away.

WBennett
21st March 2019, 08:07 AM
The players will get better at not giving them away. Hopefully the umpires will get better at not giving them away too

3Puttpete
21st March 2019, 08:12 AM
Hopefully the umpires will get better at not giving them away too

Their job is to give them away if they’re there.

Edit: I’m pretty happy with that sentence.

coalesce
21st March 2019, 10:43 AM
Hatchman have you seen this?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvOXCTjArMg

It could be a way to solve any problems with the ministry of war and finance!

AndyP
21st March 2019, 08:13 PM
Another great season opener. They should never change it.

Minor_Threat
21st March 2019, 08:16 PM
Carlton are struggling badly..

thecollective
22nd March 2019, 08:27 AM
Carlton are struggling badly..

But did well to turn it around, although its a loss I would be satisfied if I were a Carlton supporter

blkmtn
22nd March 2019, 11:02 AM
But did well to turn it around, although its a loss I would be satisfied if I were a Carlton supporter

Agreed - for them to come back to a respectable margin after the first quarter was alright. It could have easily blown out.

Yossarian
22nd March 2019, 11:23 AM
They could've won if they could pick up the ball in one go.

AndyP
22nd March 2019, 11:49 AM
33 points isn't exactly close, but I guess Carlton fans have to satisfy themselves with any minor improvement from weekly floggings.

3Puttpete
22nd March 2019, 11:53 AM
33 points isn't exactly close, but I guess Carlton fans have to satisfy themselves with any minor improvement from weekly floggings.

It’s closer than a lot of teams will get

Minor_Threat
22nd March 2019, 12:27 PM
But did well to turn it around, although its a loss I would be satisfied if I were a Carlton supporterYes they did, I think they got it back to 2 goals at one stage.

thecollective
22nd March 2019, 02:00 PM
There were moments where they looked like a really good team. Mitch Mcgovern looked very lively and will be a key player for Carlton in the years to come. Give them a few years and I think they could be a top 6 team

AndyP
22nd March 2019, 02:42 PM
It’s closer than a lot of teams will getDoes that mean that you are satisfied?

3Puttpete
22nd March 2019, 03:59 PM
Does that mean that you are satisfied?

Yep. Satisfied with the road we’re on

JoeS
22nd March 2019, 06:43 PM
Carlton young players spent a lot of energy getting back into the game.And it could have been better if Charlie could have held onto the ball.A few of the players were clearly struggling towards the end of the game

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Steve57
22nd March 2019, 08:30 PM
Carlton young players spent a lot of energy getting back into the game.And it could have been better if Charlie could have held onto the ball.A few of the players were clearly struggling towards the end of the gameSent from my SM-G960F using TapatalkRichmond ran all over them in the last quarter.

AndyP
22nd March 2019, 08:36 PM
They tend to do that, don't they?

Steve57
22nd March 2019, 09:25 PM
They tend to do that, don't they? They do it to a lot of teams AP.

AndyP
23rd March 2019, 03:01 PM
The scores haven't been high enough so far. The AFL needs another rule change or five.

Minor_Threat
23rd March 2019, 04:27 PM
And Melb just screwed my multi. They looked very ordinary after qtr time..

Hatchman
23rd March 2019, 10:38 PM
Demons were very ordinary.
Gawn looked lame and lethargic.

AndyP
23rd March 2019, 10:40 PM
Melbourne just do Melbourne things. Relying on them to win is silly.

I'm satisfied to see the Hawks on top of the ladder.

PeteyD
24th March 2019, 08:13 AM
Hey Bushy ....

AndyP
24th March 2019, 11:23 AM
It is the first time that the Lions will finish a round inside the top 8 since Round 1 2012.

blkmtn
25th March 2019, 09:14 AM
Not the best round for tipping - I'm surprised Brisbane put a few on West Coast, was also hoping Adelaide would have done better. The joys of round 1!

AndyP
25th March 2019, 09:31 AM
When my wife wins the round in home tipping, after coming last by a long way last year, you know that it wasn't a great tipping round. I came second, but tipping my Hawks helped.

Minor_Threat
31st March 2019, 09:46 PM
Anyone seen Andy this afternoon? 🔴⚪🔵😜

AndyP
31st March 2019, 10:51 PM
Yep, just here counting the premierships in my lifetime.

Minor_Threat
1st April 2019, 09:18 AM
Yep, just here counting the premierships in my lifetime.One is enough for me, I'm not greedy!

AndyP
1st April 2019, 10:15 AM
It was a good comeback, and it looked like they would just keep going. That last quarter was a tad frustrating for me.

thecollective
1st April 2019, 12:15 PM

Hatchman
26th April 2019, 07:38 PM
I’m really looking forward to Pittard finally hitting a Port player by foot tonight.

AndyP
12th May 2019, 10:26 PM
Ead GWS

WBennett
13th May 2019, 08:06 AM
Ead GWS

That was a very disappointing game. After seeing them move the ball with speed and precision last weekend, this weekend seemed like they had never met before.

3Puttpete
13th May 2019, 08:22 AM
That was a very disappointing game. After seeing them move the ball with speed and precision last weekend, this weekend seemed like they had never met before.

Kelly had it a lot. That explains the poor disposal.

AndyP
13th May 2019, 03:15 PM
Do they have any more games at the G this year? They might want to redeem themselves before playing any finals there.

Hatchman
3rd June 2019, 06:34 PM
The coaching Merry Go Round is gathering momentum with the second one gone today.
How many more to tumble before the years finished?
Who's going to get the poison challis at the basket case Carlton? Cant't see them going for another first timer.

chappy1970
3rd June 2019, 07:03 PM
I think the bloke who's at the helm of my Saints is a big chance to be shown the door if they don't improve

Hatchman
3rd June 2019, 07:13 PM
I think the bloke who's at the helm of my Saints is a big chance to be shown the door if they don't improve

Apart from a slightly better W L column what is the big knock on him at the Saints? It's not as though the list is filled with talent that's under performing.
Your board grossly over estimated your list either last year or was it the year before when one of them said you were a top 4?
It's seemed like hes being paying for that ever since.

Whoosha at the Bombers is tipped to be feeling the heat.

wazamac
3rd June 2019, 07:14 PM
Bolton was given the kiss of death 2 weeks ago when Judd said he had the full backing of the club.

chappy1970
3rd June 2019, 07:17 PM
Apart from a slightly better W L column what is the big knock on him at the Saints? It's not as though the list is filled with talent that under performing.
Your board grossly over estimated your list either last year or was it the year before when one of them said you were a top 4?
It's seemed like hes being paying for that ever since.Hatch as a life long Saints man, I'm a realist. Over the years we've had our chances and weren't able to take them.

My big knock on Alan Richardson is that he appears to not have Plan B when Plan A isn't getting the job done.

Hatchman
3rd June 2019, 07:23 PM
Bolton was given the kiss of death 2 weeks ago when Judd said he had the full backing of the club.

Too his credit Judd has been asked the same question over and over for many weeks out before the last couple and continually said the very same thing over and over and over not giving the media any angle to report on from what he's said.
The President was the one that rolled out the Kiss of Death Full Support of the Board Line 1-2 weeks agao when previously he's been silent.

AndyP
3rd June 2019, 07:46 PM
At least Bolton has a winning coaching record against one side. Carlton.

Grumpy8
3rd June 2019, 10:06 PM
I would like to see Ratten invited back , should never have sacked him for Malthouse in the first place

Hatchman
7th June 2019, 03:08 PM
For all you Carlton fanbois.
Who do you want for your next Coach?
and who do you think you will actually end up with?

Some one at work is watching our intranet for new names that appear on our intranet for created positions of spouses to pay money under the soft cap.

Grumpy8
7th June 2019, 03:31 PM
For all you Carlton fanbois.Who do you want for your next Coach?and who do you think you will actually end up with?Some one at work is watching our intranet for new names that appear on our intranet for created positions of spouses to pay money under the soft cap.Ratten but fearful we will get Scott

AndyP
7th June 2019, 06:01 PM
I don't understand why Scott is rated. What has he done?

I can't see Ratten returning after being burnt there before. He has gone through some family problems since, and I'd think that he would be happy to stay an assistant.

James Hird or Bomber Thompson would be great for Carlton. ;)

Grumpy8
7th June 2019, 06:37 PM
I don't understand why Scott is rated. What has he done?I can't see Ratten returning after being burnt there before. He has gone through some family problems since, and I'd think that he would be happy to stay an assistant. James Hird or Bomber Thompson would be great for Carlton. ;) There was talk of Hird today on talkback radio but as an assistant to a first time coach . Scott had 10 yrs at north and his record isn’t any better than Ratten’s when they sacked him . Ratten is a club champion , might have a bit more pride in the jumper. They won’t get it but I would like The Swan’s coach and system . Player development is what’s really lacking at Carlton

Hatchman
7th June 2019, 07:05 PM
I don't understand why Scott is rated. What has he done?

I can't see Ratten returning after being burnt there before. He has gone through some family problems since, and I'd think that he would be happy to stay an assistant.

James Hird or Bomber Thompson would be great for Carlton. ;)

I don't think Scott had a great deal to work with at North and had them punching a bit above their weight to be honest.
Id like to see what he can do with a better list.

I'd be surprised if Ratten returned after his exit the first time around. He'd be aware of the same power brokers behind the scene interfering.

3Puttpete
7th June 2019, 10:28 PM
For all you Carlton fanbois.
Who do you want for your next Coach?
and who do you think you will actually end up with?

Who gives a crap. I have no faith in this board to choose the right bloke or give anyone a decent run at it.

AndyP
7th June 2019, 10:38 PM
I don't think Scott had a great deal to work with at North and had them punching a bit above their weight to be honest.
Id like to see what he can do with a better list.So Scott isn't accountable for the "weight" after all that time?

I have no faith in this board to choose the right bloke or give anyone a decent run at it.
Did Bolton need to see this year or the next year and a half out? There is definitely some talent there.

3Puttpete
8th June 2019, 10:23 AM
Did Bolton need to see this year or the next year and a half out? There is definitely some talent there.

I thought so

AndyP
8th June 2019, 10:45 AM
I thought so
As did my Carlton supporting work colleague. Is this the feeling of the majority of supporters? I guess the board just needs a scapegoat for their mistakes.

3Puttpete
8th June 2019, 11:03 AM
As did my Carlton supporting work colleague. Is this the feeling of the majority of supporters? I guess the board just needs a scapegoat for their mistakes.

I get the feeling most wanted him gone. Apparently Walsh and Stocker would be leading a march to the finals if not for the coach.

Some also argue the forward line should be much better considering the “potential there. They seem happy to give the bloke coaching the forward line the whole team.

I can’t see why Ratten would go back to work for the people who sacked him when he was doing s good job. I don’t even think they’d ask him. They’ll try to pay whatever they need to get Roos then when he says no they’ll explain why the new bloke is the best fit for the job and the one they wanted all along.

AndyP
8th June 2019, 04:23 PM
Sack Fagan!!!

Grumpy8
8th June 2019, 06:02 PM
Who gives a crap. I have no faith in this board to choose the right bloke or give anyone a decent run at it. Board should have gone when Malthouse went

Hatchman
8th June 2019, 11:05 PM
There will be lots of happy back slapping going on at Carlton tonight by those that helped make the mess they were in. See it’s not us it was all the coach :lol::lol:. Shame on you Brisbane.

wazamac
11th June 2019, 07:22 PM
Just like buying a new golf club.
Works great the first game out.

LeftyHoges
14th June 2019, 01:21 PM
There will be lots of happy back slapping going on at Carlton tonight by those that helped make the mess they were in. See it’s not us it was all the coach :lol::lol:. Shame on you Brisbane.

They'll be ****ing ecstatic late Saturday night when they win 2 games in a row for the first time this decade. :smt013 :smt093

Hatchman
14th June 2019, 01:35 PM
I think Carlton have picked their coach already.
Someone in a national Role at work was made redundant yesterday freeing up a Salary wage for someone.

Hatchman
14th June 2019, 01:36 PM
They'll be ****ing ecstatic late Saturday night when they win 2 games in a row for the first time this decade. :smt013 :smt093

Dogs need a belly scratch do they?

LeftyHoges
14th June 2019, 05:38 PM
Dogs need a belly scratch do they?

A heavy smack on the nose with a rolled-up newspaper...

Hatchman
17th June 2019, 10:48 PM

Good to see your side did the right thing or the happy back slappers would have exploded in their pants.

wazamac
18th June 2019, 08:02 AM
Come on now. You're part of the big happy exploding back slapping family. :razz:

Hatchman
18th June 2019, 02:10 PM
Come on now. You're part of the big happy exploding back slapping family. :razz:

Hardly, it was clear many were not part of the family when they decided create a position and pay a massive wage to get around Salary Cap rules.

wazamac
18th June 2019, 05:24 PM
All clubs do it. But I guess it affects more than others.

Hatchman
18th June 2019, 05:47 PM
All clubs do it. But I guess it affects more than others.

The only ones it affected was every single person in the Group that was paid a Salary wage. Big company announcement crying GFC poverty and that no Salary Paid employee would be paid a bonus or receive a pay raise that year.
2 Months later they hand over 4%, 3% and 3% to all Factory weekly paid employees over 3 years. Later comes the announcement some one is coming to Carlton and has a created position in the Recycling division.

wazamac
18th June 2019, 05:53 PM
Yes. And I have lost work in the Hotel Sector because meathead crows players are given chunks in hotels for makeup in their salaries. Then those meatheads give there mates jobs and so forth. Every club does it.
Not naming the certain Board member that owns the hotels.

All in all, we all lose to keep bunches of guys running around patting each other on the arse.

Hatchman
21st June 2019, 06:23 PM
Cats a walk up to break their run of 8 losses after a bye.

Hatchman
16th July 2019, 11:45 PM
Saints in the Market place now for a new Coach now too.
Can the 3 please take Voss and Hinkley. Don't care if they go to separate clubs or the same one. This year has been wasted again.

AndyP
17th July 2019, 08:15 AM
I'm sure the Saints can be trusted to make another poor decision; they've been doing it for a long time now.

wazamac
18th July 2019, 08:15 AM
Voss was interviewed at Carlton yesterday

3Puttpete
18th July 2019, 08:53 AM
Voss was interviewed at Carlton yesterday

He ran a red light and got hit by a truck on his bike last time but at least there are no training wheels on.

AndyP
18th July 2019, 09:17 AM
Exciting times for Carlton. Have they interviewed Bomber Thompson for the job yet? Mark Neeld's calendar looks free for next year too.

Yossarian
18th July 2019, 01:27 PM
Vossy was okay tactically i thought and the players liked him? Just don't let him in on list management

Minor_Threat
18th July 2019, 02:13 PM
Exciting times for Carlton. Have they interviewed Bomber Thompson for the job yet? Mark Neeld's calendar looks free for next year too.I reckon Brendan McCartney would be a good fit..

Hatchman
18th July 2019, 05:12 PM
Take Voss please. Can throw Hinkley in for free as a package deal.

LarryLong
22nd July 2019, 03:39 PM
Doggies supporter in the office is ropable after they copped the new coach curse against the saints. Do St. Kilda play Carlton before the season ends? Would be funny to see Ratten coaching against his old mob.

chappy1970
22nd July 2019, 05:56 PM
They sure do Larry, rd 22

Hatchman
23rd July 2019, 01:45 PM
Goodwin should be feeling the heat after taking the D's from touted strong Premiership contenders to currently 17th. Finally been shown up to be the complete spud he is.

3Puttpete
23rd July 2019, 03:17 PM
Goodwin should be feeling the heat after taking the D's from touted strong Premiership contenders to currently 17th. Finally been shown up to be the complete spud he is.

Melbourne are spuds.

AndyP
9th August 2019, 10:50 PM
EAD GWS Snowmen!

Hatchman
14th August 2019, 08:53 PM
Another one already appointed before the season has ended. Exhaustive searches aren't what they used to be.

marcel
14th August 2019, 09:23 PM
Another one already appointed before the season has ended. Exhaustive searches aren't what they used to be.

I've seen more exhaustive efforts put into finding a Pokemon

Hatchman
15th August 2019, 12:15 AM
I've seen more exhaustive efforts put into finding a Pokemon

Absolutely :lol:
Side topic, I held one of those Gyms for 10 days. Not the one closest to where we stayed either.

Back to the Coaching appointments.
Reports are that there was bugger all applicants for both the Nth Melbourne and Carlton Jobs.

Hatchman
21st August 2019, 01:44 PM
Another one bites the dust. Ross no longer the Boss.
What's the goss on this from from those in WA for the exit exit before his contract was up at end of 2020?
Result graph showed a slow improvement after bottom out 4 years ago.
Word over here is dwindling memberships and crowd numbers from supporters walking away not wanting to watch the low scoring boring defensive game style every week.
Or is there another reason?

Hopefully Freo can continue the trend of caretaker coach wins this week. If they do there could be a 5th hopefully.

3Puttpete
21st August 2019, 02:21 PM
Another one bites the dust. Ross no longer the Boss.
What's the goss on this from from those in WA for the exit exit before his contract was up at end of 2020?
Result graph showed a slow improvement after bottom out 4 years ago.
Word over here is dwindling memberships and crowd numbers from supporters walking away not wanting to watch the low scoring boring defensive game style every week.
Or is there another reason?

Hopefully Freo can continue the trend of caretaker coach wins this week. If they do there could be a 5th hopefully.

They’re crap and don’t win many games. That’s why you sack a coach. I’ve learned that much this year.

Yossarian
21st August 2019, 02:51 PM
Thanks 3puttbolton

AndyP
21st August 2019, 02:52 PM
Clarko to Freo. You heard it here first.

*No truth to this except that he gets linked to every club that hasn't appointed a coach.

thecollective
21st August 2019, 02:54 PM
Was it just me or did footy tips totally suck balls on the weekend.

Steve57
21st August 2019, 03:32 PM
Was it just me or did footy tips totally suck balls on the weekend. It wasn’t just you, 3 from 9 for me!

thecollective
21st August 2019, 03:34 PM
It wasn’t just you, 3 from 9 for me!

Beat me by two! made the mistake of backing the SA teams being it was all on the line for the season

As for Melbourne, well lets just say it will be ski slopes for the members this weekend

AndyP
21st August 2019, 04:59 PM
I had 3 from 9 too, but fortunately in my tipping comp, the person who was in second only got two, so I maintained the lead.

Steve57
21st August 2019, 05:05 PM
Beat me by two! made the mistake of backing the SA teams being it was all on the line for the season

As for Melbourne, well lets just say it will be ski slopes for the members this weekend
I should have had 4 but changed my mind away from Brisbane at the last minute.

meh
22nd August 2019, 05:30 PM
What's going on with jimmy bartel? Massive downgrade.

LeftyHoges
23rd August 2019, 05:51 PM
Was it just me or did footy tips totally suck balls on the weekend.
It wasn’t just you, 3 from 9 for me!

I had 3 from 9 too, but fortunately in my tipping comp, the person who was in second only got two, so I maintained the lead.Da fuq?

A lazy 7 here.

Missed the Dons / Freo game, and of course I always tip against the Dogs.

AndyP
23rd August 2019, 07:43 PM
I looked today and I actually had 4, Champ.

LeftyHoges
23rd August 2019, 08:48 PM
I looked today and I actually had 4, Champ.Congrats!!!

AndyP
24th August 2019, 12:42 PM
Congrats!!!
I've already got 1 this week too. I'm on a roll.

Any chance that the Dogs could choke this weekend, Lefty?

coalesce
24th August 2019, 07:58 PM
No chance. The Crows are awful

AndyP
24th August 2019, 10:51 PM
No chance. The Crows are awful
Carn the Cows!

Toxic
7th September 2019, 12:10 AM
Go the pies

Hatchman
9th September 2019, 09:18 PM
Will Chris Scott survive if the Cats to go out in straight sets?

AndyP
9th September 2019, 10:08 PM
Will Chris Scott survive if the Cats to go out in straight sets?
I hope they go out in straight sets, and I hope he survives.

LeftyHoges
9th September 2019, 10:36 PM
I hope they go out in straight sets, and I hope he survives.So much this.

HOPHEAD
12th September 2019, 06:21 PM
Scott a chance at the crows?

coalesce
12th September 2019, 10:35 PM
Please no

Hatchman
17th September 2019, 12:30 PM
Please no

Ross the Boss for your mob.
Your Crochet-Apricot Slice-Chardonnay sippers club will love the boring as bat droppings game style.

As long as you keep Burton more years of misery will follow. Please keep him.

Pickles
19th September 2019, 07:15 PM
Disgrace that Toby Greene misses a final for that.

chappy1970
19th September 2019, 07:21 PM
Disgrace that Toby Greene misses a final for that.Couldn't disagree more. His a filthy player and should have been rubbed out the week before.

Got his right whack IMO

Grumpy8
19th September 2019, 07:22 PM
Disgrace that Toby Greene misses a final for that. I think he got the suspension this time because of the other 18 times he has been warned or fined .

Pickles
19th September 2019, 07:30 PM
Couldn't disagree more. His a filthy player and should have been rubbed out the week before.

Got his right whack IMO
No other player in the competition would have been suspended, or even cited for it in my opinion.

chappy1970
19th September 2019, 07:41 PM
No other player in the competition would have been suspended, or even cited for it in my opinion.Everyone is entitled to their opinion

Steve57
19th September 2019, 07:56 PM
No other player in the competition would have been suspended, or even cited for it in my opinion.I’m with Chappy on this. The guy is a brilliant talent but is a grub. Just deserts in my opinion.
His hand should not have been anywhere near Neale’s face.

Grumpy8
19th September 2019, 08:07 PM
No other player in the competition would have been suspended, or even cited for it in my opinion. No other player would have got let off with a fine last week . Plus no other player would be stupid enough or arrogant enough to do it again the next game

Hatchman
20th September 2019, 12:24 AM
Sucked in Greene the filthy little grub.
He is a special kind of stupid.

Toxic
20th September 2019, 05:31 AM
Disgrace that Toby Greene misses a final for that. I'm one eyed Collingwood and it's the worst tribunal decision I can recall

Toxic
20th September 2019, 05:33 AM
No other player would have got let off with a fine last week . Plus no other player would be stupid enough or arrogant enough to do it again the next game The tribunal set the precedent. Its not a cumulative decision, it's a single stand alone report not worthy of a week

Grumpy8
20th September 2019, 07:25 AM
The tribunal set the precedent. Its not a cumulative decision, it's a single stand alone report not worthy of a weekNormally I would agree with you but am more than happy to make an exception for this grub .Plus you guys need to read the charge , as I understand it , he was charged with attacking the face of an opponent, last time I looked my nose is a part of my face , the replays prove it was deliberate, Brisbane confirmed he got his face , maybe an argument could be made that he should have got more .He was charged basically with eye gouging last week and that was deemed inconclusive so he got fined .

AndyP
20th September 2019, 08:17 AM
The tribunal set the precedent.
The tribunal has set the precedent of being inconsistent. Don't expect anything else.

Grumpy8
20th September 2019, 09:10 AM
The tribunal has set the precedent of being inconsistent. Don't expect anything else. Consistent inconsistency

WBennett
20th September 2019, 01:14 PM
I'm a Giants member, supporter, and will be at the game tomorrow.

Crisso screwed up last week. The charge against Greene for the work on Bont should have been High contact to the face/eyes, Intentional and low impact. Under the MRP Matrix, that is 1 week.

They went the gouging charge which could not be proven so he gets off.

This week the charge was correct, although the contact was negligible. But that behaviour has no place in the game.

Greene is a phenomenally talented footballer who needs to wake up to himself. His action may cost his team a spot in a GF, like Stevie J did in 2016.

Steve57
20th September 2019, 04:54 PM
I'm a Giants member, supporter, and will be at the game tomorrow.Crisso screwed up last week. The charge against Greene for the work on Bont should have been High contact to the face/eyes, Intentional and low impact. Under the MRP Matrix, that is 1 week.They went the gouging charge which could not be proven so he gets off.This week the charge was correct, although the contact was negligible. But that behaviour has no place in the game.Greene is a phenomenally talented footballer who needs to wake up to himself. His action may cost his team a spot in a GF, like Stevie J did in 2016. Well said WB, a very silly boy!

Toxic
20th September 2019, 07:33 PM
Normally I would agree with you but am more than happy to make an exception for this grub .Plus you guys need to read the charge , as I understand it , he was charged with attacking the face of an opponent, last time I looked my nose is a part of my face , the replays prove it was deliberate, Brisbane confirmed he got his face , maybe an argument could be made that he should have got more .He was charged basically with eye gouging last week and that was deemed inconclusive so he got fined . And based on all the above the sentence is a fine, The suspension is a joke

Toxic
20th September 2019, 07:38 PM
I'm a Giants member, supporter, and will be at the game tomorrow.Crisso screwed up last week. The charge against Greene for the work on Bont should have been High contact to the face/eyes, Intentional and low impact. Under the MRP Matrix, that is 1 week.They went the gouging charge which could not be proven so he gets off.This week the charge was correct, although the contact was negligible. But that behaviour has no place in the game.Greene is a phenomenally talented footballer who needs to wake up to himself. His action may cost his team a spot in a GF, like Stevie J did in 2016. And still, there is no grounds that he should be suspended. Stupid does not equal suspended Stupid does equal expensive

Grumpy8
20th September 2019, 08:26 PM
And based on all the above the sentence is a fine, The suspension is a joke No the fine was a joke and the suspension is fine

LeftyHoges
20th September 2019, 09:19 PM
Seems you're bending over backwards pretty hard to defend a grubby little flog, Toxic.

Not sure why.

Toxic
20th September 2019, 09:51 PM
No the fine was a joke and the suspension is fine So you obviously have no idea, but feel free to judge and voice on opinion rather than fact

Toxic
20th September 2019, 09:52 PM
Seems you're bending over backwards pretty hard to defend a grubby little flog, Toxic.Not sure why. Tell me why he should be suspended under the OFFICIAL RULES

AndyP
20th September 2019, 10:38 PM
Tell me why he should be suspended under the OFFICIAL RULES
He was suspended. Shouldn't you be proving otherwise?

The incident was assessed as intentional conduct with low impact and high contact. It was then classified as a one-match sanction
Which aspect of the charge do you disagree with? The high contact? The impact? That it wasn't intentional?

LeftyHoges
20th September 2019, 10:41 PM
Tell me why he should be suspended under the OFFICIAL RULESBecause he was charged with making unnecessary contact to the face of an opponent. The contact was high, intentional, and low impact. 1 week.

He ALSO should have been rubbed out the week before for his grubness on Bontempelli. They naffed that one up.

OFFICIAL RULES

LeftyHoges
20th September 2019, 10:44 PM
So you obviously have no idea, but feel free to judge and voice on opinion rather than factGrumpy's has been ticked off by the AFL, therefore his is actually fact, and yours is the opinion.

3Puttpete
20th September 2019, 11:04 PM
Grumpy's has been ticked off by the AFL, therefore his is actually fact, and yours is the opinion.

The AFL also says Lachie Neale is a filthy liar.

MRO:

Toby Greene, GWS GIANTS, has been charged with making Unreasonable or Unnecessary Contact to the Eye Region of Lachie Neale, Brisbane Lions, during the second quarter of the Semi Final match between the Brisbane Lions and the GWS GIANTS, played at The Gabba on Saturday September 14.

In summary he can accept a one-match sanction with an early plea.

Tribunal:

- Neale says he can't recall feeling anything to his eye region. He says he grabbed his face afterwards as his nose was sore.

- Pane argues that little weight should be given to Neale's evidence.

- Pane describes Neale's evidence as "vague" and said it was focused on the aftermath of the incident.

LeftyHoges
20th September 2019, 11:10 PM
The AFL also says Lachie Neale is a filthy liar.

MRO:

Toby Greene, GWS GIANTS, has been charged with making Unreasonable or Unnecessary Contact to the Eye Region of Lachie Neale, Brisbane Lions, during the second quarter of the Semi Final match between the Brisbane Lions and the GWS GIANTS, played at The Gabba on Saturday September 14.

In summary he can accept a one-match sanction with an early plea.

Tribunal:

- Neale says he can't recall feeling anything to his eye region. He says he grabbed his face afterwards as his nose was sore.

- Pane argues that little weight should be given to Neale's evidence.

- Pane describes Neale's evidence as "vague" and said it was focused on the aftermath of the incident.When was the last time a player told the truth that would lead to a fellow player missing a final?

Just asking for a friend...

Toxic
21st September 2019, 05:32 AM
Zac Merrett last week,
Intentional, high, low impact = a fine.
Toby Greene week 1 of finals,

The AFL set the precedent

LeftyHoges
21st September 2019, 06:18 AM
Zac Merrett last week,
Toby Greene week 1 of finals,

The AFL set the precedentSure thing, because a small hair pull is exactly the same thing as being third man in to the tackle, checking to see where the umpire is then reaching your grubby little hands in to rake the face of a defenseless opponent.

It's the fine in week 1 that they cocked up Toxic, not the suspension in week 2. Little dickhead should have been suspended after the first incident. But due to similarly grubby lawyers he's somehow allowed to escape with a fine, and comes out and apologises, expressing how "remorseful he is" for his actions.

Oh, what's that, he does the same thing the next week? Sure, someone who does that should be given another fine, he's clearly learnt his lesson.

Toxic
21st September 2019, 06:31 AM
Sure thing, because a small hair pull is exactly the same thing as being third man in to the tackle, checking to see where the umpire is then reaching your grubby little hands in to rake the face of a defenseless opponent.It's the fine in week 1 that they cocked up Toxic, not the suspension in week 2. Little dickhead should have been suspended after the first incident. But due to similarly grubby lawyers he's somehow allowed to escape with a fine, and comes out and apologises, expressing how "remorseful he is" for his actions.Oh, what's that, he does the same thing the next week? Sure, someone who does that should be given another fine, he's clearly learnt his lesson. Past indiscretions have no impact on the sentence.

Steve57
21st September 2019, 06:46 AM
Past indiscretions have no impact on the sentence.
No you’re right, but they should be a warning that you need to change something in order to push ahead in your career.
He is obviously either an extremely slow learner or an arrogant little so and so who thinks he can get away with whatever he wants.
I tend to think it’s the latter, which is a pity as he can definitely play the game better than most when he is on.
He has let his club and team mates down to the point as WB suggested, that they are likely to miss a GF berth because of his actions.

LeftyHoges
21st September 2019, 05:30 PM
Past indiscretions have no impact on the sentence.So you believe that if he does the same thing EVERY week for the season the AFL / tribunal should just fine him every time?

So, we've clearly established you're a GWS fan then. That's the only logical conclusion here.
No you’re right, but they should be a warning that you need to change something in order to push ahead in your career.
He is obviously either an extremely slow learner or an arrogant little so and so who thinks he can get away with whatever he wants.
I tend to think it’s the latter, which is a pity as he can definitely play the game better than most when he is on.
He has let his club and team mates down to the point as WB suggested, that they are likely to miss a GF berth because of his actions.Exactly this.

Dumb, arrogant flog.

Captain Nemo
21st September 2019, 06:47 PM
Calling Spud....

Captain Nemo
21st September 2019, 06:54 PM
Could have put the Moz on!

AndyP
21st September 2019, 08:03 PM
Ugh, I'm going to be hearing about it all week from my GWS friends and workmates........

Captain Nemo
21st September 2019, 08:14 PM
Ugh, I'm going to be hearing about it all week from my GWS friends and workmates........
And Spud!

LeftyHoges
21st September 2019, 08:24 PM

Grumpy8
21st September 2019, 08:27 PM
Think I will play golf next sat afternoon

JoeS
21st September 2019, 09:55 PM
Toby Greene gets another chance.I don't give a toss if he is a dumb arse or not,but this crap goes on all the time,not just him.Tobys problem,he is stupid,all eyes are on him and he is sh1t at trying to play the tough man roll.He doesn't even know when a good time is to slip in a sneaky punch and when it's not.What do you think happens when they wrap up a player in a body tackle.
Unfortunately if he was at my club,I would be happy

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

WBennett
21st September 2019, 10:55 PM
That was ****ing awesome

Bring on Saturday

WBennett
21st September 2019, 10:57 PM
**** I will get 3pp to order you a bag of dicks

LeftyHoges
21st September 2019, 10:59 PM
I will get 3pp to order you a bag of dicksHere's a man going early...

3Puttpete
21st September 2019, 11:24 PM
I will get 3pp to order you a bag of dicks

I dunno why but if you let me know where to get them, sure.

AndyP
22nd September 2019, 12:59 PM
And Spud!
You missed the sarcasm. He is the only person I know that supports them.

Hatchman
22nd September 2019, 06:11 PM
Hopefully Rcichmand can do the right thing and flog the crap out of the franchise and send them back home to where no gives 2 sh!ts about AFL. Yellow and Black

Steve57
22nd September 2019, 06:53 PM
Hopefully Richmond can do the right thing and flog the crap out of the franchise and send them back home to where no gives 2 sh!ts about AFL. Yellow and Black Very much this^^^^^^^^

Steve57
23rd September 2019, 05:13 PM

Hatchman
24th September 2019, 10:26 PM
It's all happening in the west this week.

Fyfe wins a second Browlow and silly Willie has ensured his AFL career is finished after recording a positive sample separate to the sample tampering he's already under investigation for.

WBennett
26th September 2019, 03:26 PM
Big Big Sounds

https://twitter.com/BasilZoccali/status/1177034393094766592

https://twitter.com/tom_cowie/status/1177050731712372736

https://twitter.com/52johnm/status/1177055073140035584

chappy1970
28th September 2019, 11:09 AM
Here's the cup that will be hoisted this afternoon boys.

Good luck Benno and to all the Tiger armyhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190928/1df86af38a8da32fffc0198abb5a888b.jpg

AndyP
28th September 2019, 11:16 AM
I still haven't decided which team I want to win less.

LeftyHoges
28th September 2019, 11:37 AM
I still haven't decided which team I want to win less.C'mon mate. You know it.

Steve57
28th September 2019, 11:59 AM
Go Tigers!🐯🐯🐯🐯🐯

3Puttpete
28th September 2019, 12:28 PM

That’s the wrong way to look at it. Decide on the team you want to lose more.

Captain Nemo
28th September 2019, 01:31 PM

Don’t be like that you guys, very un Ozgolf like, :lol:

AndyP
28th September 2019, 02:12 PM
Still can't decide, but I think I'm leaning against the manufactured club that has Toby Greene.

Grumpy8
28th September 2019, 03:30 PM
Still can't decide, but I think I'm leaning against the manufactured club that has Toby Greene. I want both to not win , don’t want t Greene to win plus I disagree with Richmond being able to get lynch into a premiership team , when they talk so much about equalisation

Hatchman
28th September 2019, 05:03 PM
EAD Giants

Yellow and Black

LeftyHoges
28th September 2019, 05:20 PM
I want both to not win , don’t want t Greene to win plus I disagree with Richmond being able to get lynch into a premiership team , when they talk so much about equalisationAny true notion of equalisation died with player free agency.

LeftyHoges
28th September 2019, 05:26 PM
As for the result...

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190928/5dda3154278304ce10585317fa9c8cc7.jpg

AndyP
28th September 2019, 05:28 PM
I want both to not win , don’t want t Greene to win plus I disagree with Richmond being able to get lynch into a premiership team , when they talk so much about equalisation
Some clubs are shit no matter what.

Grumpy8
28th September 2019, 05:35 PM
Any true notion of equalisation died with player free agency. You got that right

Grumpy8
28th September 2019, 05:36 PM
Some clubs are shit no matter what.Yes I know I follow one of them

Captain Nemo
28th September 2019, 06:41 PM
Looks like Spuds in for a shit week....

3Puttpete
28th September 2019, 08:53 PM
Any true notion of equalisation died with player free agency.

It died with an uneven fixture. There’s still a salary cap.

Webster
29th September 2019, 10:14 AM
EAD Giants

Yellow and Black

That’s very harsh on GWS. They did better than many people expected and an 89 point loss and kicking 25 points for the entire game was something they can be quite proud of.

LarryLong
8th October 2019, 01:02 PM
I'm a bit late to the party, but help yourself

http://static1.squarespace.com/static/55cd02f8e4b07630b3d89e9f/55cd069be4b0f9761afc6781/55ce9591e4b0c8582afd5d3e/1563657033860/?format=1500w

LeftyHoges
8th October 2019, 05:32 PM
I'm a bit late to the party, but help yourself

http://static1.squarespace.com/static/55cd02f8e4b07630b3d89e9f/55cd069be4b0f9761afc6781/55ce9591e4b0c8582afd5d3e/1563657033860/?format=1500wLarry, please, trade week has started, nobody remembers who even won the GF any more.

Steve57
8th October 2019, 05:44 PM
Larry, please, trade week has started, nobody remembers who even won the GF any more. Unless your a Tigers supporter hey Larry!YELLOW & BLACK 💛🖤💛🖤💛🖤💛🖤💛🖤

LarryLong
8th October 2019, 08:16 PM
Larry, please, trade week has started, nobody remembers who even won the GF any more.

Are you sure? All I've seen to date is a bunch of journos desperately trying to fill days worth of column space and air time with NOTHING while the clubs all wait until the last minute. They would be better off talking about the Grand Final for a bit longer if you ask me.

Unless your a Tigers supporter hey Larry!YELLOW & BLACK 

Amen Brother! \\:D/

LeftyHoges
8th October 2019, 09:32 PM
Are you sure? All I've seen to date is a bunch of journos desperately trying to fill days worth of column space and air time with NOTHING while the clubs all wait until the last minute. They would be better off talking about the Grand Final for a bit longer if you ask me.

Exactly, they're literally writing about NOTHING in preference of writing about the GF. Says a bit.

;-)

LarryLong
19th October 2019, 09:59 PM
Speaking of NOTHING, would any Carlton supporters like to rate SoS' performance in trade week?

Come on Dees, make us all happy and pick up Jack Martin in the PSD!

3Puttpete
19th October 2019, 11:20 PM
Speaking of NOTHING, would any Carlton supporters like to rate SoS' performance in trade week?

Come on Dees, make us all happy and pick up Jack Martin in the PSD!

It was much ado about nothing. Papley was never available so that doesn’t count and I haven’t heard what they offered and the suns wanted for Martin.