PDA

View Full Version : Coming Over the Top Swing

golfer69
18th March 2019, 11:25 AM
I just started to hit some balls at the range after a couple of years laid off and can say that I got mixed results. I noticed that I hit some good shots but they were outweighed by what I think is my swing coming over the top. How I detected this inconsistency is my shots squirted to the left and also when I placed a 'training stick' parallel to my swing below the ball, I felt that I would hit the stick (also saw that the stick moved down towards my feet). Does anyone have a training tip to help with this issue? I saw a few remedies on youtube where the issue could be where in my downswing I am rotating through my swing rather than dropping my arms down horizontal in the downswing and then rotate through the striking zone (hope this makes sense).

Bigbad
18th March 2019, 02:51 PM
It could be any number of issues, I'd recommend going straight to get a lesson. Best money you'll spend, best person to ask.

WBennett
18th March 2019, 03:05 PM
That is an interesting user name.

Dotty
18th March 2019, 04:08 PM
Whatever Virge recommends.

I half-recall a thread about a drill using a headcover or towel under the right(?) armpit.

golfer69
18th March 2019, 04:34 PM
That is an interesting user name.
I like golf and I was born in 1969...lol, I know it is not very original.

golfer69
18th March 2019, 04:35 PM
Whatever Virge recommends.

I half-recall a thread about a drill using a headcover or towel under the right(?) armpit.
I am trying that now, and I guess that is why I picked it up. I was using an imaginary towel under my armpits.

Gollfer69
18th March 2019, 06:21 PM
I never really believed in Reincarnation, until now.

henno
18th March 2019, 08:24 PM

Shame all of your old posts didn't reincarnate with it.

markTHEblake
18th March 2019, 09:51 PM

the real goffer69 would never use a training stick nor go the range, nor watch youtube, unless it had horseys in it

Jono
19th March 2019, 07:38 AM
Rich, good to have you back on here mate. Are you coming down to Sydney/Wollongong any time soon?

WBennett
19th March 2019, 09:16 AM

Are you the Undertaker?

Yossarian
19th March 2019, 09:04 PM
And on the 2,346th day he shall rise.