PDA

View Full Version : Tuggerah Lakes -Anyone played it.

miro
9th August 2006, 07:48 AM
Ok so this weekend I am taking my life into my own hands and playing in the NSW Mixed Foursomes Champs with the wife.

The course hosting the event in Tuggerah Lakes. Now Tuggerah has a very pretty web site that has absolutely no information on the actual course -so in fact the web site is actually pretty useless.

So anyone played there -anyone got some idea of what is in store?

Andrew
9th August 2006, 12:05 PM
I've played it, but quite a few years back.

It's one of those courses that would be reasonable to play if you lived in the area, but wouldn't travel too far to play it if you had other options.

Most of the holes run back & forth, parallel to the beach, which can become quite a boring routing, although each hole is reasonable in itself. The land drops away on the beach side of the course, allowing some elevation changes on a few holes, especially on the south side of the course.

From memory, the default break on most of the greens is toward the beach. So, if you see no break, it possibly breaks towards the beach. If you see a slight break away from the beach, it’s possibly a flat putt. If you see the shadowy image of Bagger Vance guiding you as to what line to putt, take a swipe at him with your putter & give him one for me. I hated that movie.

It’s not overly punishing off the tee & the greens are not overly bunkered, but they are not that large either & many of them take an approach from one side of the fairway better than the other, so blasting away with driver all day may not be the best option.

It can get a little breezy, so take that into consideration when throwing clubs, as you may have to allow for the wind.;)

TS
9th August 2006, 12:11 PM
It can get a little breezy, so take that into consideration when throwing clubs, as you may have to allow for the wind.;)

Miro got nothing compare to our club throwing champ Connico.

miro
9th August 2006, 12:23 PM
Gees a couple of gently lofted irons and a man is branded for life. :)

i am reformed -Connico can have the title!

Fishman Dan
9th August 2006, 01:50 PM
Miro got nothing compare to our club throwing champ Connico.

There are no winners, only losers in this scenario!

Is there more to the "Lady of the Lake holding aloft, from the bosom of the water, a 7-iron" that we should know?