PDA

View Full Version : CALLAWAY X-TOUR wedges

jaster
8th August 2006, 11:26 PM
I have my father asking me about the X-Tours wedges as he is a closet PM fan I am sure. Just wondering where you guys are getting them from and what is a decent price? Ebay?

My local golf world had a vintage 60* with a RRP of $278!!!!!

McMw
8th August 2006, 11:30 PM
my bro bought the MD wedge, sold it off 4 weeks later - didn't like the feel, or the fact that it scuffed balls up too easily...

he paid AUD184 for the wedge from the shops...

jaster
8th August 2006, 11:33 PM
Thanks mate...hmmm that is $100 cheaper than the list price....lol I should have asked them for a price.

So it scuffed the balls bad? Did you have any special grind? That PM grind does loook inviting.

McMw
8th August 2006, 11:38 PM
just checked the site from where my bro bought the wedge, even the internet price is only AUD220 for the XTour Vintage (will be less than that)...
so not sure what that shop u were looking at is trying to pull...

BrisVegas
9th August 2006, 09:08 AM
Courty has got these now i think. I would have thought they'd be a must have for any self-respecting Lefty...

Pinglauncher
9th August 2006, 09:09 AM
I bought mine from Golf Mart here in Sydney. They were listed at $275 and I offered $175 per club (bought 2) and they said yes with no hesitation.

Courty
9th August 2006, 09:51 AM
I have the X-Tours in 54° and 58° MD. The Mack Daddy grooves certainly do shred the ball cover, but it also imparts more spin than anything I've evr used before. I have used the 58 for about 7 or 8 rounds now (plus practice) and it is still taking pieces off the ball. If you can handle that (I can) than it is a very very nice wedge. The 54 isn't available with MD grooves, but still spins quite a lot for me.

PM 3oneday for the best price.