PDA

View Full Version : Gday from the goldy

Bogeyman
8th February 2019, 08:02 PM
Hi all.as my username suggests i can be a bit of a hacker at times and unfortunately consider, at this stage anyway, a bogey to be acceptable. I plan on working on that.im 54 but planning on retiring in the next few weeks so im going to be playing a lot more..i usually play around my immediate area in currumbin but really keen to branch out to byron murbah out to mudgeeraba etc etc...so i'll be asking plenty of dumb questions so i can learn...so if you can bear with me and its a pleasure to meet you all.

Dcanto
8th February 2019, 08:53 PM
Welcome to the forum. Congratulations on the upcoming retirement.

Steve57
8th February 2019, 08:54 PM
Welcome to the funny farm Bogeyman!

Daves
8th February 2019, 09:00 PM
Welcome BG. There are plenty of Bogey experts here! I tend to have more of them than pars, on average. And I am in the bottom 10/15% of handicaps, so don't feel like you are "below par". The trick is to not turn them into Doubles or Triples!

Dave

3Puttpete
8th February 2019, 09:24 PM
Hi all.as my username suggests i can be a bit of a hacker at times and unfortunately consider, at this stage anyway, a bogey to be acceptable. I plan on working on that.im 54 but planning on retiring in the next few weeks so im going to be playing a lot more..i usually play around my immediate area in currumbin but really keen to branch out to byron murbah out to mudgeeraba etc etc...so i'll be asking plenty of dumb questions so i can learn...so if you can bear with me and its a pleasure to meet you all.

54/11?

Byron and Murwillumbah are both very enjoyable.

Bogeyman
8th February 2019, 09:58 PM
They both look great courses

Bogeyman
8th February 2019, 10:07 PM
Thank you all for the warm welcome.i have my first question.i dont have a handicap as such but feel im prob a high handicapperlike at least a 20.....i would like to get fitted for new clubs but do you think i should take a few lessons first or theyll check my swing at the fitting? I guess im concerned that i'll be paying a couple of grand to get properly fitting and get nice gear but it'll change if my swing changes with lessons and have to get re-fitted? Make sense?

BUSHY
8th February 2019, 10:20 PM
Thank you all for the warm welcome.i have my first question.i dont have a handicap as such but feel im prob a high handicapperlike at least a 20.....i would like to get fitted for new clubs but do you think i should take a few lessons first or theyll check my swing at the fitting? I guess im concerned that i'll be paying a couple of grand to get properly fitting and get nice gear but it'll change if my swing changes with lessons and have to get re-fitted? Make sense?

Welcome Bogeyman. It’s an age old question and gets asked a lot. If you’re in the 20’s maybe set a target to get lessons and get to say 10-12 and treat yourself with a shiny new set.

3Puttpete
8th February 2019, 11:16 PM
Lessons first. Play for a while before you fork out all that money. You may get to 10, you may never get any lower than 20. Whatever happens you should at least have a fairly consistent swing after a few months

AndyP
9th February 2019, 12:17 AM
Welcome Bogeyman. It's nice to have another member that plays golf on the forum.

Bogeyman
9th February 2019, 10:09 AM
Thank you all for welcome and advice....so i guess the next question is can anyone recommend a coach here on the southern goldy?

JoeS
9th February 2019, 10:33 AM
Welcome B.There are a couple of golf schools up that way that run multiple day schools,otherwise all courses will have a coach.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Captain Nemo
9th February 2019, 10:46 AM
Love the Goldy, look forward to you joining a nice club so you can host me when I’m there!
Welcome!

Bogeyman
9th February 2019, 05:50 PM
Thanks joeS.lol you dont ask you dont get hey nemo