PDA

View Full Version : Week Commencing 7 August

dc68
8th August 2006, 09:22 AM
Well Grunt is obviously working........so how is your week going?

AndyP
8th August 2006, 09:52 AM
Good thanks, got a little bit of a cough, but overall I'll live.
Yourself? You've been well, I hope.

dc68
8th August 2006, 10:05 AM
Yes, thank you, Mr Pee.

brad
8th August 2006, 12:17 PM
Played 9 holes at Cammeray GC (a 9 hole golf course) yesterday (Bank holidays - gotta love em!)

17 putts (5 GIR)
net 35 (par 33) :|

Just had 2 or 3 holes where I hit it too far off tee (short par 3s) or on approach. Cammeray is a short course but has some very interesting holes. I found out it can punish if you're not on your game.

Never played there before yesterday and was pleasantly surprised.

Grunt
8th August 2006, 05:41 PM
No Golf for me until Friday at the earliest this week.

McMw
8th August 2006, 10:40 PM
hoping to get a quick hit tomorrow and friday in preparation for my 1st round club champs on Sat... :D

Jono
9th August 2006, 12:19 PM
At last ... a good round ... it was long overdue. :lol:

43 points
11 GIR.
28 putts :shock: (but one wipe where I didn't putt out)

The only real blemish was the wipe on the short dogleg par 4 5th. Percentage play is to lay up with a 3 iron to the corner of the dogleg and then hit a sand wedge in. I was 1 under off the stick at this stage (teed off back nine, so it was my 14th hole) so I was thinking birdie. Tried to hook a driver to get it on the green but hit it too straight, ran out of fairway, ran out of rough, and on the road ... OB. :( Two more bogies on the finishing holes and I was left with mixed feelings. Very happy with the score, but thinking it could have been even better ... I wouldn't mind a few more rounds like this though ... :)

AndyP
9th August 2006, 12:21 PM
Nice work, Jono.

But the important question is, was it a comp, and therefore a drop in handicap? Are you one step closer to HOing again?

Jarro
9th August 2006, 12:25 PM
nice score Jono 8)

brad
9th August 2006, 12:27 PM
Well done Jono.

Mind passing some of that form this way?

BrisVegas
9th August 2006, 12:29 PM
nice shooting jono!

Jono
9th August 2006, 12:32 PM
Thanks guys ... yep, it was a comp round. On 9.6 at the moment, so I'll probably go down to 8. Yes ... being able to Ho again ... great motivator. 8)

Grunt
9th August 2006, 05:57 PM
Good work Jono,
but have you hurt your team in the Scramble? ;)

jaster
9th August 2006, 10:45 PM
Good work Jono!! Well done mate :)

Played 8 holes (3rd hole is out of play at the moment) this morning with Goughy...was too early and too cold for me so I conked out of breath pretty quick :( Wanted to try and play 18 but without a cart I have no chance.

As for the golf, 3 pars to start, bogey, Dble bogey, Dble bogey, par, BIRDIE!! for a smooth 4 over. Should be happy but I was very disappointed in my driving....time for a shaft change sooner rather than later me thinks. My putter is hot though..I love it.

Jono
10th August 2006, 09:06 AM
Thanks Jaster. It's good to see you getting out on the golf course again. Hope you can get your strength up and play full 18 holes soon. 8)

Jono
10th August 2006, 09:07 AM
Lost 1.4 off my handicap ... Now down to 8.2. It's only a matter of time before I can Ho again ... 8)

Flowergirl
10th August 2006, 10:11 AM
4BB yesterday. We both played the front nine great - 25 points and both eqaul sharing the points. Back nine the wheels fell off my game but my partner played well - 20 points. 45 points was enough to win the day.
Very happy with my drives - putts were crap - again!!! As soon as there's more light at the end of the day I'm going to start practising putting and short game after work. Sick of this letting me down.

No golf for me on the weekend. Taking John away for a dirty weekend.:twisted: Hubba hubba:mrgreen:

jaster
10th August 2006, 10:27 AM
Lost 1.4 off my handicap ... Now down to 8.2. It's only a matter of time before I can Ho again ... 8)

Woot...wd Jono!! 1.4 is a huge loss for anyone in single figures.

cazandpaul
10th August 2006, 10:36 AM
35 points yesterday - lots of putts:oops: - won lunch:-D - NTP pro pin 22 balls:-D

jaster
10th August 2006, 11:21 AM
22 balls!!! wow wd haha :D

Coffs_Hacker
10th August 2006, 05:08 PM
My boss shouted me a round for my birthday so after some thought and welcomed sugestions i played at hope island, started a bit slow but finished with a 83/71
12/14 fairways
9 gir
36 putts (5/6 lip outs)

McCoy
10th August 2006, 07:55 PM
Shot an 85 with a very impressive 39 putts :oops: The 3 putt bogey from 10ft was back. I think I might re-nominate myself for Ozgolf's worst putter.
Highlight was my chip onto the 1st green, past the hole, down the slope and into the water. Always a good way to start a round.

Ducky
10th August 2006, 08:35 PM
Played today in the Thursday comp. Ended up with 41 points (gross of 80) in the individual stableford, and 43 points for the two ball best ball stableford. I'm still hitting the ball pretty inconsistantly, unfortunately, and much of the day was spent scrambling. On the plus side, I made a chip in eagle on one of the par fours which was the highlight of the day.

jaster
10th August 2006, 10:45 PM
Good work on the eagle mate, always brings you back and an 80gross is ok :)

Virgal_Tracy
11th August 2006, 09:24 AM
What hole was the eagle? I'm thinking 17 with your length

McMw
11th August 2006, 09:35 AM
wat's that make ducky's hcp??? 15 or 17???

Grunt
11th August 2006, 03:27 PM
Well I went out for a hit this afternoon, maybe I should not have. It was really weird, I was hitting the ball really well but could not score. Then lack of scoring got into my head and I was trying to get shots back. Was not a good afternoon 25 points, could not get out from behind the 8 ball so to speak. Good shots were getting weird bounces/rolls etc. One thing that was great was the length off the tee, Consistently LONG!!!!! & Straight. Short game sucked!

Oh well bring on tomorrow.

Jono
11th August 2006, 03:56 PM
wat's that make ducky's hcp??? 15 or 17???

Gross 80. 41 points. Hcp probably around 13?

terryand
11th August 2006, 04:22 PM
What if the course is par 65 :confused:

Terry.

BrisWesty
11th August 2006, 06:23 PM
Looking forward to see how an 8 marker goes around Windaroo Jono, unless you have 3 bad rounds between now and then and go back out to 9, or a couple of good rounds and down to 7.

BrisVegas
11th August 2006, 08:13 PM
Looking forward to see how an 8 marker goes around Windaroo Jono, unless you have 3 bad rounds between now and then and go back out to 9, or a couple of good rounds and down to 7.

Well Jono is a better 8 marker than me, but I've played Windaroo at least a dozen times in 10 years and only had 1 or 2 decent scores there. I typically score about the same there as I do at Brooky....:oops:

...although I haven't "raised the bat" at Windy yet...

Stoney
11th August 2006, 08:23 PM
Nice social round down at Redland Bay this morning.

Shot 70 (2 under)
4 birdies 2 bogies
28 putts

Fantastic Day for golf.

Jarro
12th August 2006, 10:54 AM
played Beerwah at 7 this morning after getting home from work at 1:15am :(

35 points (14/21)

2 birdies
2 washes :(

don't know how many putts ???

shazza_rs
12th August 2006, 02:02 PM
Played at riverlakes this morning....... single stab.

I had 37 points..... (23/14)..... can someone say chop?

I actually had an 87 gross / 71 nett.

Obviously i played the front nine spectacular and the back nine.... well we won't go there. ;)

Driver was misbehaving.... putter was hot for the front nine, so-so for the back.

Highlight of the round was trying to hit my ball out of the edge of the water. I managed to hit the top of the ball and sink it further... oops.. hell funny though.

Grunt
12th August 2006, 05:08 PM
Played mac Grange with the guys & Girl today. Played crap 29 points no real highlights, had a couple of pars on the par 3's. Hopefully will be better tomorrow in the Scramble

jimandr
12th August 2006, 06:14 PM
Macarthur Grange with the Ozgolfers today in my first round for three weeks.

Hit the ball well for 36 points. Somehow, I managed to feature two triple bogeys in a score of 7 over.

Fairways = 4 of 12, four of the misses were by less than two metres
Greens in Reg = 11 of 18. Three others off the green by less than a metre
Putts = 32, one three putt, one birdie
Up and Down = 4 of 5

Best I've putted at Mac Grange, so the best score resulted.

BrisVegas
12th August 2006, 06:53 PM
Played Brookwater with Nudgee, Ploppy_Pat and golfer69 today from the golds, back as far as they go.

83 gross for 33 points.
10 fairways
8 GIR (2 more within 2 feet)
34 putts (incl. 1 x 3-jag)

Hit it pretty well, but made nothing on the greens. The greens were slick and smooth, but I just couldn't pick the lines today. I had 5-6 decent chances inside 10 feet and made none. Ugly double bogeys on the 15 & 16th (2 balls in hazards) killed off what should have been at least a 36 point score, even without making any putts.

McMw
12th August 2006, 07:31 PM
36-35-71 this arvo...
36 on the front coz I had a 3-jack on the 6th hole for the only blooming bogey for the 9...
35 on the back with a bird on 12, followed by bird on 13...
lipped bird on the last for what would have been a satisfying 70... :rolleyes:

Courty
12th August 2006, 11:51 PM
I hit plenty of fairways, missed plenty on greens, and chipped plenty close. The area I lost all my shots was on the greens. I couldn't make a putt from outside 4ft. Scoring went 4 bogies, 6 pars, 7 bogies, 1 par for 83/ 76.

Ducky
13th August 2006, 05:52 AM
What hole was the eagle? I'm thinking 17 with your length
Nah, 12th hole going up the hole.

Virgal_Tracy
13th August 2006, 06:36 AM
Played Mac GRange Yesterday with the boys and girl. Inconsistent golf tempered by a lot of fun. Sledging and jokes flying everywhere.

Managed 4 pars, 2 wipes and 7 net bogeys. 29 points

Tried the hi bore out today and apart from 1st drive could not find the middle. Anti ho statement following. Must have been me because Jono had a hit from the 17th tee area at the dam on the left of the 18th fairway and cleared. I could only fade it into the side of the dam half way along.

Return to the Bridgey for today. Go long and .... well straight for me would be good.

AndyP
13th August 2006, 09:30 AM
12/08/2006, Beerwah GC, Stableford

9/14 effective T-shots.
7/18 effective approaches.
7/9 up and down successes.
29 putts.
--------------------
1 birdie.
12 pars.
3 bogeys.
2 doubles.
0 others.

Score 40-38-78 stab 42pts (Par 36-36-72)

Had an enjoyable round of golf with Jarro at Beerwah yesterday morning. Made even more enjoyable by how well I played. Everything seemed to come together nicely. Hitting it OOB on the last, after being even with the stick on that nine, cost me a couple, but Jarro tells me that the paper says I won the comp anyway. Yeehaa!

Not much more to analyse here, just wish I could always play like this.

Next round: See next post.

AndyP
13th August 2006, 09:31 AM
12/08/2006, Nambour GC, Monthly Honours

6/12 effective T-shots.
5/18 effective approaches.
5/8 up and down successes.
32 putts.
---------------------
1 birdie.
7 pars.
3 bogeys.
4 doubles.
3 others.

Score 42-48-90 nett 78 (Par 34-34-68)

While I was on the Sunshine Coast I wanted to play my home course, the fact that it was a beautiful day for golf and I played well at Beerwah, helped with the decision. So 36 holes in a day it was.

Started the round well enough and played the front nine pretty much as I had played Beerwah.......except the dirty big 9 on the 4th par 4 and a triple with an OOB, on the par 3 8th. 8 over through the turn was recoverable though.

But I didn't recover, in fact I fell in a heap. Probably better to write it off as fatigue affected, and concentrate on how well I had played for most of the day.

Next round: 14/08/2006, Pacific Harbour, Social OZgolf round

BrisWesty
13th August 2006, 01:06 PM
Well done AndyP re the Saturday game + props for the further handicap reduction.
Now, which game are you bringing to Windaroo?
Noticed BRD there yesterday was 75. Must be a tough course!

As for my golfing prowess this week, I had 8 under on the Gilligan's Island Mini Golf game.

oz
13th August 2006, 02:59 PM
God-awful 34 points yesterday. Struck the ball solidly from tee to green, but could not get up & down at all. Add to that 2 brain-farts from anger / frustration, and a potentially good score is shat down the toilet.......

Grunt
13th August 2006, 05:23 PM
Well played with the guys in the Scramble @ Macarthur Grange today. Not sure if I played good or bad, really struggled to get into the game. Maybe I am not an ambrose player? Thought I was hitting the ball ok but can't be really sure, did not putt particularly well. Not sure if I have the game to play this type of game.

AndyP
13th August 2006, 07:01 PM
Well done AndyP re the Saturday game + props for the further handicap reduction.
Now, which game are you bringing to Windaroo?
Depends which driving game turns up, Mark. Trouble off the tee there is quite often dead. As I said, I cracked the tonne there last time.

goughy
13th August 2006, 07:44 PM
I thought I was the only 11 capper that cracked the ton.

reg320
13th August 2006, 08:10 PM
Played RQ this morning, hit the ball pretty well - 73 off the beater. Course has been shortened due to renos - par was 69. Had 3 birdies but could have had two more which would have been nice. three putted one hole from about 12 feet !@#$%!!!!, but overall was solid - a nice day out.

BrisVegas
13th August 2006, 08:26 PM
I thought I was the only 11 capper that cracked the ton.:-D
nah, it's a badge of honour.... check my golflink!!

McMw
13th August 2006, 11:22 PM
10over 82 this arvo at the capital course...very dissapointing...
hate bermuda greens!!! missed a lot of putts which should have been auto...
hate the fairways, not mown - it was like being punished for hitting the middle of the fairway... :rolleyes:

AndyP
14th August 2006, 06:30 AM
I thought I was the only 11 capper that cracked the ton.
I've never done it off 11.
I agree with Vegas, it's a badge of honour, as long as you bounce back from it.

Matt 3 Jab
14th August 2006, 07:37 AM
Not sure if I played good or bad, really struggled to get into the game. Maybe I am not an ambrose player? Thought I was hitting the ball ok but can't be really sure, did not putt particularly well. Not sure if I have the game to play this type of game.
You think way too much, regardless of what event your playing, just hit it, stop thinking, what you got to lose? Strokes off your handicap? No one is a better ambros player than someone else, if your a good player, you'll play well.

amanda
14th August 2006, 12:39 PM
Played Mac Grange on Saturday with the ozgolfers. Extremely inconsistent golf to start - 19 points with 2 wipes. Then a measley 13 points on the back - wiped the last 2 holes :(

Definitely had some good form and I realised how much I've missed golf the last 6 weeks!

Virgal_Tracy
14th August 2006, 02:52 PM
For the 1st time in living memory played for the 2nd day in a row.For me good thing it was the scramble as had an absolute shocker. Drive on 1 was good, 10 was good, 12 ended up in a negative distance after it hit the tree and ended 15 behind the plates.

iron play was inconsistent, short game absolutely atrocious putting though reasonably good.

Having said that perfect weather good company and some more laughs.

Repeated hit from the 17th tee at the dam this time with the Bridgey and endangered the cars on the road. Best drive all day and so much better than my effort with the hibore