PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland CG10 v.s Bridgestone J33 Wedges

le_quiet_uno
7th August 2006, 10:56 PM
Hi fellows,

Just after your opinion on these 2 wedges.. I've got the CG10s but have recently tried the J33s and found that I quite like them. Was wondering whether there is any difference between the two.

I would greatly appreciate it if people who has tried them can give me some feed back.

Many thanks in advance. :-D

Ducky
7th August 2006, 11:27 PM
Well, it sounds like you prefer the Bridgestone J33 wedges, so they sound like a safe bet.

;)

le_quiet_uno
7th August 2006, 11:36 PM
Thanks for that Ducky. You've read my mind! :D

But you haven't really answer the question..:P What's the difference between them? :)

Ducky
8th August 2006, 12:07 AM
Well, I haven't used either of them so I can't comment in that regard. The only information I could provide would be regurgitated from the official websites.

andylo
8th August 2006, 09:08 AM
Lets forget about the choice on different loft and bounce option Cleveland provide.

To me the J33 is not as forgiving as CG10. The J33 give me more harsh feedback on the miss hit.

Also the black finish will wash out in the J33 after a while.

But the J33 to me spins harder for sure.

Also I found the CG10's grinding is more dynamic than the J33.

Personally I think the CG10 is a more outstanding wedge.

3oneday
8th August 2006, 09:15 AM
Get a nomad ;) http://search.ebay.com.au/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZnomadtourvanQQssPageNam eZSTRKQ3aMEFSQ3aMESOI

le_quiet_uno
8th August 2006, 08:38 PM
Ducky, guess that you are not a big fan of the bridgey ay? :)

A-Lo, totally agree with you. It might not be the softest club that I've hit but I have found the club face seems to sit sharpe at address which is very similar to the Cleveland 588 or 900 series. Also the spin factor can not be ignored, would definitely come in handy with small greens. :)

3onedays, they are one awesome clubs!! :D

Fishman Dan
8th August 2006, 09:40 PM
Well, it sounds like you prefer the Bridgestone J33 wedges, so they sound like a safe bet.

;)

I thought the next club is always the better club? ;)

Jarro
9th August 2006, 07:05 AM
i thought the Bridgestone wedges looked kinda small :-s

fine if you're a good ballstriker, but if you're a hack like most of use .... bigger is better :p

i'll concur with 3oneday though ... get a NOMAD 8)

le_quiet_uno
9th August 2006, 10:28 PM
I thought the next club is always the better club? ;)

Dan, hopefully the next club that I join will be better than the current one! :smt002 :mrgreen:

le_quiet_uno
9th August 2006, 10:32 PM
i thought the Bridgestone wedges looked kinda small :-s

fine if you're a good ballstriker, but if you're a hack like most of use .... bigger is better :p

i'll concur with 3oneday though ... get a NOMAD 8)

Jarro, you know what people always say "Size doesn't matter, what counts most is the technique" :smt002 :twisted:

I quite like the look of the NOMAD wedge but can't seem to find the right pair! :? Also what are they like compare to the regular wedges?

Jarro
10th August 2006, 06:48 AM
Also what are they like compare to the regular wedges?

They have a very special sole grind, that helps maintain bounce angle no matter how far you open the face, as well as wider/deeper grooves on the face.

They are a superb wedge

3oneday
10th August 2006, 09:39 PM
I quite like the look of the NOMAD wedge but can't seem to find the right pair! :? Also what are they like compare to the regular wedges?I've heard a Perci type fella may have a pair available shortly ;)

Fishman Dan
10th August 2006, 10:37 PM
FWIW - almost new looking J33 wedge at PowerGolf St Leonards for about $120. Grooves look like they've never been used.

Either good for a bargain, or they are crap wedges ;)

le_quiet_uno
12th August 2006, 12:40 AM
They have a very special sole grind, that helps maintain bounce angle no matter how far you open the face, as well as wider/deeper grooves on the face.

They are a superb wedge

Thanks for that inform Jarro! :-D

le_quiet_uno
12th August 2006, 12:42 AM
I've heard a Perci type fella may have a pair available shortly ;)

Thanks for the heads up 3oneday :D have got in touch in Perci's thread about it.. hopefully we can work something out..

Have you got any idea about their current condition? And the reason behind why he's offloading them?

le_quiet_uno
12th August 2006, 12:46 AM
FWIW - almost new looking J33 wedge at PowerGolf St Leonards for about $120. Grooves look like they've never been used.

Either good for a bargain, or they are crap wedges ;)

LOL! Probably too crappy of wedges for good player and too good of a wedge for the weekend hackers :-D

Thanks for the heads up Dan, am heading down there tomorrow to check them out.. but I'm a bit interested in the Nomad WRX wedge that Perci is offloading.. so how we go ay?

3oneday
12th August 2006, 05:05 AM
Have you got any idea about their current condition? And the reason behind why he's offloading them?they are used, but not abused....

As to why Perc is offloading, he's a ho.

;)