PDA

View Full Version : Poker night

Courty
7th August 2006, 09:00 PM
I play in a monthly poker match with some guys I know. Each month the game is hosted at a different house, and this weekend is my turn. I've been playing at these for a while now, and while the poker playing is fun, I feel that the games have been missing a little something. What I'm looking for is some suggestions to make the night a little more memorable than most...

Give me your best (or worst). All suggestions considered. ;)

AndyP
7th August 2006, 09:10 PM
Use nudie cards.

Choppa
7th August 2006, 09:14 PM
Use nudie cards.

Outrageous!!!!!!!!!

PeteyD
7th August 2006, 09:30 PM
stippers, definately strippers.

Ducky
7th August 2006, 09:52 PM
You need a good mix of alcohol, cigars, drugs, food, sport, and women.

How you wish to fulfill each one of these is up to you.

markTHEblake
7th August 2006, 10:11 PM
a spare bed. your the one that will need it.

I'll never forget the night we went back to our mates place around 11pm for an impromptu card night (was a weeknight). We set up in the back yard whilst he went upstairs to inform the missus whats happening. He returned with a 6 pack and a very red handprint on his cheek - his only response was 'no problem"

though i guess its a bit different when the night is pre-booked, gives time for the handprint to heal.

goughy
7th August 2006, 10:43 PM
Beer wench (sorry girls). She could double as dealer for the night.

Courty
8th August 2006, 08:15 AM
a spare bed. your the one that will need it.

Hehe. Got that under control already. I have organised for the missus to spend the night at her sisters place, and her sister's husband (my bro-in-law) is coming to play cards. (Maybe he will need the spare bed) :mrgreen:

shavey
15th August 2006, 11:02 PM
Courty, we play a few $10 Texas NL to warm-up and then have a $50 buy-in game (real monetary value with max $3 bet) that usually lasts for about 4-5 hours. Whoever has the button decides which game we play. We alternate between, Texas, Cincinatti, Omaha, Guts, In-betweens, Super Hold'em and a few others.

Keeps people on their feet and more involved instead of same old same old.

connico
21st August 2006, 05:53 PM
PS2/xbox on the side for those that bail out early.....

StarWars or a sporting event on the tele in the background...

and a few rounds of 4 kings..if you dont know it, find out !! hehe

had to get the rules for you!!

NEED:
· cards
· people
· lotsa beer or something stronger!!
· Empty 2-liter jug!!

RULES:
Everyone sits around the 2-liter bottle in a circle and spreads the cards out face-down around the 2-liter bottle.

The first person picks up a card if its:
Ace-everyone drinks their beer (social)
2 through 5- the person who picked up the card drinks for that many seconds
6 or 7- the person who picked up the card makes anyone drink for that many seconds (it can be broken up into more then one person)
8 is thumb master-the last person to put their thumb on the table or on the floor (if theres no table) drinks
9 is rhyme-the person who picked up the card says a word and everyone has to rhyme with that word and whoever cant rhyme drinks
10 is drink to the left (the person sitting to the left of the person who picked up the car has to drink)
Jack is drink to the right
Queen is category-the person who picks up the card says a category (such as car companies) and everyone has to say something in that category and the first person to repeat or not able to think of something has to drink
King is you pour some of your beer into the 2-liter bottle in the middle and whoever picks up the last King has to drink what's in the bottle