Ferrins
20th January 2019, 10:02 PM
Got one, what is it all about?

3Puttpete
20th January 2019, 10:05 PM
Mum and dad scores weren’t married?

Yossarian
20th January 2019, 10:09 PM
The guy that marks all cards got it wrong?

Ferrins
20th January 2019, 10:13 PM
This has interrupted my pre champs blowout.

Johnny Canuck
20th January 2019, 10:24 PM
Mark the cards with the wrong type of iNK?

Daves
21st January 2019, 12:05 AM
Illegitimate Score - (used for when the player is found cheating or using non conforming balls or the use of excessive number of clubs)

See page 9 below;

https://support.miclub.com.au/cms/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/MiClub_Comp_Mgmt_Guide_Ver40.pdf

Ferrins
21st January 2019, 12:51 AM
Illegitimate Score (used for when the player is found cheating or using non conforming balls or the use of excessive number of clubs)

HaHa!

The club have gone all nazi about too many handicap farmers. Didn't know I was in their cross hairs.

henno
21st January 2019, 08:09 AM
Illegitimate Score (used for when the player is found cheating or using non conforming balls or the use of excessive number of clubs)

HaHa!

The club have gone all nazi about too many handicap farmers. Didn't know I was in their cross hairs.So which was it?

Ferrins
21st January 2019, 08:33 AM
By elimination in their eyes I'm a handicap cheat. Funny how that works as I am .2 above my anchor.

henno
21st January 2019, 08:41 AM
By elimination in their eyes I'm a handicap cheat. Funny how that works as I am .2 above my anchor.

Oh, so it wasn't too many clubs or a non-conforming ball?

Surely to consider a score 'cheating' there would need to be some element of proof or at least a report from the marker? If it's just a 'vibe of the thing' situation, then that is some top shelf bullshit right there.

3Puttpete
21st January 2019, 08:49 AM

What was your score?

Ferrins
21st January 2019, 08:49 AM
It is backlash as I have been putting across my views about cheating at the club. So if you mess with "the boys" you get shat on. Need Shaun Connery as my wing man.

Ferrins
21st January 2019, 08:50 AM
What was your score?

28 stableford points.

henno
21st January 2019, 08:51 AM
Reason #432 to never join Virginia.

Ferrins
21st January 2019, 08:56 AM
I'm going back to Nudgee on the next rotation as they have fully embraced cheating.

3Puttpete
21st January 2019, 09:00 AM
28 stableford points.

After 12 holes and remember champs is coming up

pt73
21st January 2019, 09:02 AM
Are you balls non-conforming ?

Ferrins
21st January 2019, 09:19 AM
Was using a Callaway Truvis.

pt73
21st January 2019, 09:36 AM
Congrats for having the balls to air your views about cheating, many clubs just close their eyes as they don't want the hassle.

We caught a cheat at my club a few years ago and one of my mates was forced to fill out a statutory declaration to report the offender.

Lucky our Saturday group includes two lawyers so it was very well worded.

Daves
21st January 2019, 10:00 AM
Interesting situation. I would think that there would have had to be a formal accusation of "cheating" for the card to have been treated as such. And the fact that the Player wasn't informed would also not seem Kosher either. I would ask the question; is this an error? (wrong code or something) or have they not handled this correctly? And if so, what is the exact accusation? Because it stinks of payback, and the Club would be leaving themselves wide open if someone wanted to take this on. Let alone the amount of air time it will potentially get here and perhaps elsewhere. By the way, nothing about this surprises me. Virginia has been on the Nose for quiet a long time, and in recent years has gone close to Full Retard mode imo.

3oneday
21st January 2019, 01:23 PM
Funny how it appears just below the "Handicap Management" section.

aussieashley
21st January 2019, 07:24 PM
28 stableford points. Did you have a really good front 9? Or were you going ok & went bad in the last 6 holes or something?Seems like a pretty radical move to put scores straight into Golflink as illegitimate without any sort of warning or notice.

henno
22nd January 2019, 08:56 AM
As someone that regularly chokes on the last few holes, that is not at all reason enough.

I'd definitely be starting some good old fashioned arguments with the club about this.

PeteyD
22nd January 2019, 09:44 AM
Write a letter to inside golf ;)

Ferrins
22nd January 2019, 10:07 AM
Wierd round as I hit all par 5's in two but 4 putted on two par 4's for birdie both inside 12ft. I think they took exception to my comment that I wanted to b a scratch golfer off 12.

henno
22nd January 2019, 10:14 AM
I think they took exception to my comment that I wanted to b a scratch golfer off 12.

So what. I make jokes like this all the time, considering the nature of my rounds. The reality is most people know I am embarrassed by my handicap.

My mate just sent me a message this morning about joining Virginia for his first membership ever. I'm going to tell him to avoid at all costs. The place sounds like poison.

Peppas
22nd January 2019, 10:19 AM
Ferret did they finally bust you adjusting your driver settings mid round :)

Captain Nemo
22nd January 2019, 11:22 AM
Is that illegal....?:smt087

henno
22nd January 2019, 11:24 AM
Is that illegal....?:smt087

Surely trolling. :-s

Ferrins
22nd January 2019, 11:26 AM

I'm reformed, now I only adjust playing partners pre round while they are on the putting green.

Captain Nemo
22nd January 2019, 11:29 AM
I'm reformed, now I only adjust playing partners pre round while they are on the putting green.
Do I need to bring you some antihistamine for Barny?

thecollective
22nd January 2019, 01:28 PM

Wrong person, that would be Shrecko

solarman
22nd January 2019, 01:34 PM
I see that 7 day membership is $1565...........is that a good price compared to others around there?
I know Indro is ridiculous from a mate of mine who is actually a part time member there.

Bigbad
22nd January 2019, 01:55 PM
I see that 7 day membership is $1565...........is that a good price compared to others around there?
I know Indro is ridiculous from a mate of mine who is actually a part time member there.

As a previous member of both Virginia and Nudgee I'd highly recommend the latter if her wants to join. It's cheaper and they have 27 holes that are all better than Virginia. Plus they are redesigning the course so it'll have 2 new 18 hole layouts which look quite good from what I've seen, plus a better social aspect in terms of having a beer in the club after or during a round.

Ferrins
22nd January 2019, 01:57 PM
I will be returning to Nudgee in October.

thecollective
22nd January 2019, 02:30 PM

Might see you then at the yearly Amitee competition (as I might be switching to Tea Tree Gully this year)

shazza_rs
23rd January 2019, 07:24 AM

If we’ll have you.....

AndyP
23rd January 2019, 07:31 AM
If we’ll have you.....
Will it be put to a members' vote?

Shreko
23rd January 2019, 07:44 AM
Wrong person, that would be Shrecko

Rumours and innuendo !!!!!!!

Ferrins
23rd January 2019, 08:12 AM
If we’ll have you.....

I hear you have relaxed your dress code.

Hatchman
23rd January 2019, 12:42 PM
I hear you have relaxed your dress code.

3PP using a Mallet putter now?

thecollective
23rd January 2019, 02:05 PM

no chance his legs would look that good

SundayHack
23rd January 2019, 03:13 PM
no chance his legs would look that good
It’s his feet though

perci
23rd January 2019, 10:03 PM
You haven't been hitting off the Red Tee's again have you Chris ?

3Puttpete
23rd January 2019, 11:56 PM

I don’t wear black golf shoes.

Ferrins
24th January 2019, 04:47 PM
Handicap Review

Unfortunately we have had to reduce the handicaps of five Club Members for manipulating their handicaps and then targeting Monthly Medals, Honour Board events etc.

The new handicaps have been frozen for three months.

The Board has sent all relevant information to Golf Australia – Queensland division and worked closely with them to determine these deductions.

Investigations are continuing on other Club Members.

henno
24th January 2019, 04:49 PM
Handicap Review

Unfortunately we have had to reduce the handicaps of five Club Members for manipulating their handicaps and then targeting Monthly Medals, Honour Board events etc.

The Board has sent all relevant information to Golf Australia – Queensland division and worked closely with them to determine these deductions.

That is quite an allegation.

Ferrins
24th January 2019, 04:51 PM
Captains Corners newletter, got it today.

Ferrins
24th January 2019, 04:56 PM
That is quite an allegation.

henno
24th January 2019, 04:58 PM

Indro is one of the top three club courses in Brisbane, and the only one with 36 holes (all four nines are mix-n-match, and are regularly). It has excellent facilities and is a pretty good joint. I (well, we, as it was technically corporate) had membership for a few years. It was my first club membership, in fact.

Value is probably not their lead proposition though, but their yearly subs are on par with both Brisbane GC and RQ. It's no Virginia on price, but Virginia is no Indro either.

Sydney Hacker
24th January 2019, 05:03 PM
Handicap ReviewUnfortunately we have had to reduce the handicaps of five Club Members for manipulating their handicaps and then targeting Monthly Medals, Honour Board events etc.The new handicaps have been frozen for three months.The Board has sent all relevant information to Golf Australia – Queensland division and worked closely with them to determine these deductions.Investigations are continuing on other Club Members.So are you actually in the 5? Have you had any communication with the match committee at all?

Ferrins
24th January 2019, 05:17 PM
Spoke with one the Nazgûl and I'm not on there radar apparently.

Captain Nemo
24th January 2019, 05:46 PM
Spoke with one the Nazgûl and I'm not on there radar apparently.

Lol, and I’m getting a hard time about farming, **** me!

Sydney Hacker
24th January 2019, 06:09 PM
Spoke with one the Nazgûl and I'm not on there radar apparently. So what did they say about your score the other day?

Ferrins
24th January 2019, 06:34 PM
Haven't addressed that in an officical capacity yet.

PerryGroves
24th January 2019, 10:55 PM
Handicap Review

Its one of my great joys to sit on a board and have to deal with handicap manipulators.

3oneday
25th January 2019, 06:55 AM
Bring back .1 back :lol: