PDA

View Full Version : Webber Retires - AGAIN!!!

McMw
6th August 2006, 10:10 PM
Another retirement for Webber in his Williams in the 3rd lap... :-(

Question is now...if u were another team looking for a driver (Renault?) - would you take him???

his results have been shocking for 06, but does the problem lie with man or machine???

goughy
6th August 2006, 10:41 PM
I was wondering about that too. I thought I heard a while ago that he was very highly regarded as a driver. So is it the machines not able to take it or is he just a bit like Cruise in 'days of thunder', pushing them further than he should.

What's his image like within the group. He seems like the nice guy. Maybe he won't have any issues with finding another team - maybe just a car that can put up with him.

leighthebee
6th August 2006, 10:44 PM
that Cossie has been problematic from day one. I think Webber might be a touch hard on the equipment, but this they know the thing needs to last 2 weekends. Build it slower if it aint reliable

McMw
6th August 2006, 10:53 PM
chalk that down as his 9th retirement this season...

he's being managed by Flabio (Renault Manager), so talk is that he'll take Alonso's spot next year...

they just did an interview with Webber, problem was rear grip on the Bridgestone tyres...but doesn't explain why there are other's still out there...

tho having said that, Rosberg has also retired, crashed into the wall...

pity - Rakki just had a huge accident to fall out...Alonso to take this GP now...

Fishman Dan
6th August 2006, 11:10 PM
All year he has qualified pretty quick with some exceptions, but all year the car has been bogged down at the start of the race. Today is no exception.

As we speak Webber is hopping out of the car - we get delayed coverage here.

He led the race in Australia before it blew up. He was racing brilliantly in Monaco before marshalls failed to waive him past a slower car, 1/2 a lap after being in dirty air for a number the car failed.

I've got no doubt that in a better car he will perform. To support this, Webber has outperformed Rosberg all year. If Rosberg was finishing races and Mark wasn't, then you'd have to wonder.

Geez - Alonso has driven around the outside of Michael - awesome pass!

Toolish
7th August 2006, 08:27 AM
Alonso and Schumi on the first couple of laps was brilliant to watch.

Alonso around outside of schumacher was awesome...pity about the driveshaft.

And I am over the commentators being so pro Button...he fell into the win and you would think he had just won the world title!

leighthebee
7th August 2006, 09:02 AM
i am SOOO glad I didn't have to hear James Allen going on about Button at the end! Went to bed after about 20 laps. Button says he's won it on merit cause he started from 14th place. Yeah, but he was getting owned by Alonso until the rear went on that Renault.

Webber will be in a RedBull next year. If they hadn't signed Fisichella again (which surprises me greatly), then maybe, but both Renault with Kovaleinen and McLaren with Hamilton, who they both want to keep will most likely get those runs.

There's no doubting Webber's quick. He just doesn't finish often, one way or another, which makes it a real gamble for a top team to put him in a seat.

jaster
7th August 2006, 09:05 AM
I agree re Alonso and Shumi at the start, commentators with bloody Button this and Button was over the top...typical one eyed poms....watching Kosta losing to Ricky Hatton on Sky Pay per view was the worst I have ever seen of that type of thing though...so biased it was not funny.

McMw
7th August 2006, 11:14 AM
:lol:
then I must be the only one who was excited bout Button's win and the commentator's spiel on the last lap...
thought it was great coz at least I didn't have to listen to the crap on how close Schumi and Alonso are in the championship race for the 4th straight GP...

Apart from Rakki and Webber, Button is a driver I like to follow...

Toolish
7th August 2006, 11:31 AM
I am already counting down to seeing Wurz in a race seat again...remember him going wheel to wheel with M.Schumi when Wurz was at Benetton. Was my favourite driver, never tended to go with standards as a fav.

Of the current crop Webber because of aussie connection, then Montoya (disappointed to see him go), De La Rossa looks the goods though.

leighthebee
7th August 2006, 11:36 AM
unfortunately, i think next years williams will be a pile of poo. wurz will only be racing the backs.

McMw
7th August 2006, 12:03 PM
FWIW, I think Schumi deserved to DNF - especially when he cut the chicane TWICE!!!

Toolish
7th August 2006, 12:13 PM
unfortunately, i think next years williams will be a pile of poo. wurz will only be racing the backs.

Toyota power should help them out a bit...4th-7th best team behind renault, ferrari, mclaren. Toyota, williams, Honda and Red Bull are all a bit unknown IMHO

Toolish
7th August 2006, 12:14 PM
FWIW, I think Schumi deserved to DNF - especially when he cut the chicane TWICE!!!

Absolutely...never did get to see the Heidfeld one properly though...anywhere online have it?

leighthebee
7th August 2006, 12:35 PM
Toyota power should help them out a bit...4th-7th best team behind renault, ferrari, mclaren. Toyota, williams, Honda and Red Bull are all a bit unknown IMHO

they'll have a season where things don't gel though, like Cossie this season. customer engines are always 2nd fiddle to works deals.

as for Red Bull. Same as above, yet a Newey car is always solid and that Renault engine has been bulletproof. Even Webber will have a hard time breaking that thing.

I think Webber in the Mclaren is retirements waiting to happen. He obviously isn't kind to equipment and Macca's have been notriously weak in that dept.

McMw
27th August 2006, 11:04 PM
fingers crossed - Webber finishes Istanbul inside top10... :D

BrisWesty
28th August 2006, 07:22 AM
Hope something good happens for him. He's retired more than John Farnham!