PDA

View Full Version : So the PGA has started....

jaster
12th August 2004, 09:57 PM
Not one person has bogied a hole yet after 18 players have played at least the first hole!! AMAZING 8)

Robert Gamez has had a good start.... -2 after 2 :)

McMw
12th August 2004, 11:11 PM
choi and clarke do better, -4 after 4....

must be a pitch and putt course!!!

Jarro
13th August 2004, 08:11 AM
what happened to Norman :?

Fishman Dan
13th August 2004, 08:27 AM
what happened to Norman :?

From PGA Tour.com

http://www.golfweb.com/tournaments/pgachampionship/story/7570811

McMw
13th August 2004, 08:30 AM
with Tiger "hoping" to miss the cut, and Els in great form...things could look very INTERESTING monday morning!!!!!!! :D

Jarro
13th August 2004, 08:35 AM
what a wuss :P

bet Tiger wishes he had a better start ..... +3 75 :oops:

Jarro
13th August 2004, 08:38 AM
with Tiger "hoping" to miss the cut, and Els in great form...things could look very INTERESTING monday morning!!!!!!! :D

yeah.. i thought with the way Vijay is playing lately..he'd be the one to take Tigers #1 spot away from him...... but it appears Ernie is the real threat :!:

GO THE BIG EASY \:D/

nick
13th August 2004, 04:30 PM
Wow, Tiger is very close to missing the cut and Ernie and VJ are in great positions. By all means, Tiger could drop to number 3 in the world after this tournament!

Nick

Onewood
13th August 2004, 05:20 PM
We look like getting a few Aussies through to the weekend 8) which will keep our local commentators all fired up :cry:

mike
13th August 2004, 05:51 PM
Great to see Duval back in some sort of form . He got to -1 at one stage . Anybody else notice the chiseled and toned body is gone and he's got a pudgy guts and fat arse again ? That's the build he had when he was #1.

Go DD.

mike
13th August 2004, 07:07 PM
Who edited my post ? Isn't that word allowed ?

Jarro
13th August 2004, 08:16 PM
Who edited my post ?

.. not me O:)

Golfgirl
14th August 2004, 03:25 PM
I honestly thought this morning that I was watching Tiger's cut streak come to an end.... but he pulled it back together! :shock:

First thirty holes = 3 over, last six holes = 3 under.

Made the cut and leapfrogged about 60 players in the process.... phew! 129 cuts made. :shock:

AndyP
14th August 2004, 05:06 PM
So who's winning :?: :?

McMw
14th August 2004, 05:15 PM
I honestly thought this morning that I was watching Tiger's cut streak come to an end.... but he pulled it back together! :shock:

First thirty holes = 3 over, last six holes = 3 under.

Made the cut and leapfrogged about 60 players in the process.... phew! 129 cuts made. :shock:

DAMN IT!!!
Tiger made the cut!!! :evil:

Where does Tiger need to finish for Els to get to Number 1 (if he wins???

McMw
14th August 2004, 05:21 PM
for some reason, I can't get telecast of the PGA coz of some damn stupid "games" going on at the moment!!! :lol:

just popped over to the TGC site...impressive looking leaderboard...
great to see Ogilvy in there too, and so too Faldo!!! :D

Hopefully Lefty can put in a great round tomorrow, and we can have the REAL top 3 battling it out for the wanamaka on Sunday!!! :lol:

Jarro
15th August 2004, 05:46 AM
Briny Baird is really holding his own against the big names today ... gotta love that putting technique :smt005

good to see PM playing well again also... man, how close is it at the top these days :smt023

Onewood
15th August 2004, 08:47 AM
all the Aussie boy are going OK :D except for Mark H. struggling a bit :cry:

Jarro
15th August 2004, 12:41 PM
What the hell happened to the Big Easy :?

last i saw he was missing fairways with his 3 wood, duffing chips and missing short putts :evil:

don't tell me he's going to be bridesmaid in yet another major :roll:

AndyP
15th August 2004, 03:44 PM
Can't someone put a leaderboard in here? I'm too lazy to go to other golf sites. :roll:

Jarro
15th August 2004, 04:43 PM
So am i right in assuming that Vijay cannot become #1 even if he wins tomorrow :?

..only Ernie can become the new number 1 after this tournament if he wins it :?:

somebody help me out here .. i'm drowning :lol:

nick
15th August 2004, 04:48 PM
VJ has to win it. Ernie only has to come second.

Nick

Jarro
15th August 2004, 04:57 PM

Nick

.. but where does Tiger have to finish in this equation :?:

nick
15th August 2004, 05:00 PM
Around about where he is now. 18th or something I beleive.

Nick

McMw
15th August 2004, 11:49 PM
boy...didn't Watkins give Els a roasting for his decision to take iron off the 18th...

smart move Els...500yard par4, Iron tee off!!! Smart!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Leonard looked AWESOME in the hilites...but I'm hoping he'll choke it in like he did the last time he was leading a major...and for either Ernie or Vj to get it there!!!

Nothing would please me more than to see either one as #1 on Monday (and deservedly so!!!)

Onewood
16th August 2004, 08:13 AM
3 way play off

who's it going to be

my pick VJ.......he has'nt made one bird all day :shock:

McMw
16th August 2004, 08:39 AM
once again, Els misses out...... :?

Trung
16th August 2004, 08:55 AM
VJ

:P

Onewood
16th August 2004, 09:09 AM
Law of averages said VJ had to get a bird in the play off 8)

Great win......did he get to number one :?:

3oneday
16th August 2004, 09:15 AM
Hope so, he deserves to be number 1 after the year he has had....

Much like the Doggies, really !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Golfgirl
16th August 2004, 09:55 AM
No - VJ is not number one - Tiger would have had to have missed the cut and VJ win for that to happen (or so I believe).

However, stay tuned for the NEC Invitational next weekend, there is a real possibility that Tiger's run will come to an end then.... unless he pulls off some typically "Tiger-like" recovery and somehow starts playing golf like the Tiger of old. :roll:

Guess I'll be blearily watching that next week, too.....

So much sport to watch, so little time.... :wink:

goughy
16th August 2004, 11:20 AM

Nick

.. but where does Tiger have to finish in this equation :?:

The way I think it worked for els was that he had to win or come second outright with tiger in 16th or worse to take the No.1 spot.

For vj, he had to win (no issues there) but tiger had to miss the cut for him to grab the No.1. As usual, tiger pulled something out (god knows where he was hiding it) to make the cut.