PDA

View Full Version : Golf goals for 2019

JoeS
13th January 2019, 12:14 PM
Just having a think last night about what goals I want to set this year.I thought I would keep it simple so as not to put to much pressure on my rounds.
1.Maintain a single figure handicap
2.Try to play at least twice a month
3.improve my short game saves

Sent from my SM-J250G using Tapatalk

Captain Nemo
13th January 2019, 12:16 PM
Back to back Vic Champ.
That’s all.

Ferrins
13th January 2019, 12:27 PM
Get back out to 12 hcp.

Grumpy8
13th January 2019, 04:32 PM
Two goals that come to mind , make it to five and win every event I didn’t win last year .
Realistically I will be happy to be still fit enough to be playing golf

Captain Nemo
13th January 2019, 05:21 PM
Get back out to 12 hcp.
That too, and Vic Champs....��

Jono
13th January 2019, 07:10 PM
I wrote something long and too serious. I want to improve but I want to keep enjoying golf. I don’t want to lose the enthusiasm and the passion I have for golf atm. 😊

backintheswing
13th January 2019, 09:02 PM
I want to play peps for lunch and win for once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldracer
13th January 2019, 09:39 PM
Cleared the decks, joined a club, organised lessons to give this a good crack

SundayHack
13th January 2019, 10:09 PM
To not hold both the Qld Naga and Vic Naga “trophies”. The way I’m playing at the moment it is small goals I’m targeting at present.

SundayHack
13th January 2019, 10:12 PM
Back to back Vic Champ.
That’s all.

I’m going to make it my mission that you get that drunk you will be flat out making the early Sunday am tee time. Back to back ain’t happening

Blackhelmo
13th January 2019, 10:52 PM
I play Golf 1 game month,MM, ave 104 per game, just want to get into the low 90’s

Jono
13th January 2019, 10:52 PM
I’m going to make it my mission that you get that drunk you will be flat out making the early Sunday am tee time. Back to back ain’t happening😂

mrbluu
14th January 2019, 09:24 AM
I want to play peps for lunch and win for once.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkPost reported for being unrealistic!!

My goals are to play more social golf.

PerryGroves
14th January 2019, 09:43 AM
Few things:

- stop or at least reduce whining about perceived bad breaks
- make some handicap progress towards 5
- be in better shape by September/Oct so I can easily walk 20 odd rounds on tour/s.
- do the Club level rules accreditation

Dotty
14th January 2019, 10:02 AM
- Turn up
- Enjoy myself
- Stop whinging about not getting a shot on a longer hole, then parring it
- Catchup with Virge at the driving range again

Slothman
14th January 2019, 11:57 AM
Well this year is an interesting year. I tried chaning my swing at the end of last year with no practice....so thats been fun. I am moving house out into a "horsey" area on 5 acres....lots of work to do. Issue is this is around 25 minutes from the golf course and the opposite direction from work. So gone are the days of swingin past the club on the way home for some quick short game practice.

Also add the increasing comp fees, increasing membership costs and lack of any direction to improve facilities (like opening the bar BEFORE 3:30pm on Saturday and offering basic food options) I will be reevaluating my golf for 2019.

So my goal is simple...

Keep playing.....I will figure the rest out from there.

Dotty
14th January 2019, 01:13 PM
... I am moving house out into a "horsey" area on 5 acres ...
You should be able build a reasonable short game area on 5 acres.

Grumpy8
14th January 2019, 03:22 PM
Few things:- stop or at least reduce whining about perceived bad breaks- make some handicap progress towards 5- be in better shape by September/Oct so I can easily walk 20 odd rounds on tour/s.- do the Club level rules accreditationThink my playing partners are wishing I have the stop whining goal , still reckon I am the hardest done by golfer at beaconhills

Ferrins
14th January 2019, 03:30 PM
Buy one of Jamie's sets of PXG. Then sell to perci and buy them back again.😀

PerryGroves
14th January 2019, 05:20 PM
Think my playing partners are wishing I have the stop whining goal , still reckon I am the hardest done by golfer at beaconhills

I understand that has been documented...…….whinge away.

Blackhelmo
14th January 2019, 05:46 PM
I play Golf 1 game month,MM, ave 104 per game, just want to get into the low 90’s

I had en epiphany today about my golf. 26 years ago, when I first started playing, I had 104 off the stick round Proserpine Golf Club, set of Palm Springs Clubs, nice set. I now have the latest set of clubs going, and still shoot same score....... it definitely isn’t me that is the problem........

Blackhelmo
14th January 2019, 05:55 PM

I had en epiphany today about my golf. 26 years ago, when I first started playing, I had 104 off the stick round Proserpine Golf Club, set of Palm Springs Clubs, nice set. I now have the latest set of clubs going, and still shoot same score....... it definitely isn’t me that is the problem........

Hatchman
14th January 2019, 10:28 PM
Finish the new Club Rack for the Shed.
Finally get the Cobra AMP Cell Pros shafted up with the Modus 120's.
Play the odd game here and there.