PDA

View Full Version : Bargain or Not?

leighthebee
5th August 2006, 06:34 PM
Had a free afternoon, so was going round the local golf shops. Headed out to Drummond in the Valley, which is pricey, but always has a good range. I was looking at 5 woods, due to the fact that I have a particularly low ball flight and my coach recommended a 5 wood over the 3 wood.

Anyway I was looking through all the Titleist fairways and pulled out a 19degree 904F with Speeder stocko shaft. It looked brand spanking new. Not even the small scuff lines you might see from it being taped and tested on the indoor mats. It was exactly what I was after.

I looked at the price and it had "Second Hand Equipment - $200."

So I grabbed it on the spot, unhit and took it out for a few holes this afternoon. Couldn't be happier. And a good bargain if I do say so.

http://www.titliest.com/golfclubs/fairways/904f.asp

McMw
5th August 2006, 07:53 PM
someone's gonna get their arse kicked for that I reckon!!! :lol:
how much do they normally retail for???

PeteyD
5th August 2006, 10:03 PM
NIce pick up

jaster
5th August 2006, 10:56 PM
Firstly let me say good pickup, but it may not be that huge of a bargain as it has been superceded by the 906F2 now and therefore you will see these dumped for even cheaper. I think they still made a mistake though for $200 as most aussie stores hold out for as long as possible. Good old 3balls though has been dumping heaps of the 904s over the past 2 weeks and a few friends I know have picked up some killer bargains.

leighthebee
6th August 2006, 12:42 AM
yeah, i know the F2 is coming out, but its more of a players club from the looks. this should keep me occupied till the swing changes require a shift back to the lower degress

jaster
6th August 2006, 09:58 AM
Actually the recess/hollow section in the 906 will probably make it more playable than any of the previous Titleist FW efforts right back to the PT. They seem to have had a natural and small progression since then to what we are seeing today. IMO the best FWS there are around bar none.

leighthebee
6th August 2006, 04:56 PM
yeah. it will be interesting to find out. i'm not a huge fan of smaller headed fairways, but i've hit these things so much better, and more "middled" than anything previously, bar maybe the mp-001.

very impressed with Titleist gear these past couple of years.