PDA

View Full Version : Bowed and laid off

Jono
6th December 2018, 12:46 PM
I just watched a Youtube video by Brodie Smith with Jon Rahm. It showed John hitting consistent fades on the shot tracer.

Rahm plays with a bowed wrist position (which some consider shut) and the club laid off at the top. So does Koepka, DJ and Spieth.

Any thoughts on this way to swing the club (ie hitting fades with a “shut” face)?

Captain Nemo
6th December 2018, 02:00 PM
Jesus mate.....
I wouldn’t be trying to copy, emulate any of those guys swings....

dee cee
6th December 2018, 03:03 PM
I always thought, in my basic understanding, that by being shut/bowed at the top it allows them to turn the body as hard as they like, creating speed with added potential of having less manipulation through the ball. Or something like that.

Like the captain said, maybe not for us mere mortals!

Jono
6th December 2018, 07:55 PM
Jesus mate.....I wouldn’t be trying to copy, emulate any of those guys swings.... Not necessarily trying to copy them, just trying to understand why they do what they do.

Jono
6th December 2018, 07:59 PM
I always thought, in my basic understanding, that by being shut/bowed at the top it allows them to turn the body as hard as they like, creating speed with added potential of having less manipulation through the ball. Or something like that.Like the captain said, maybe not for us mere mortals!Yeah, I’m sure that’s got something to do with it. It’s an interesting swing pattern though.