PDA

View Full Version : Toowoomba City GC Harvey Norman Pro Am - 17 Sep 2006

Pages : [1] 2

jaster
2nd August 2006, 11:24 PM
The time has come for another Ozgolf gathering in Toowoomba, City GC again will be the venue and of course again it will be the Proam on the 17th September 2006. Not sure at this stage if there will be any extracurricular activities like last time with a BBQ at the bosses house but I would be up for it for sure.

7am shotgun start and $25
At this stage we have the following playing: -

1. Goughy 29
2. Jaster DNS
3. dc68 32
4. AndyP 37
6. BrisVegas 27
7. Brooky17 DNS
8. Stoney 32
9. Iain 29
10. Rok32 DNS
11. Peter_rs 37
12. Shazza 28
13. steverawlo 26
14 Macleod 23
15 Golfer69 34

On the timesheet the names appear in the following groups. These won't be changed on the timesheet so remember your time for when you sign in.

1A - 2x Pros, Goughy, Jaster
1B - 2x Pros, Mezza,
2 - 1x Pro, DC68, AndyP
3A - 1x Pro, Bris Vegas, Brooky17, Stoney
4A - 1x Pro, Iain, Nudgee, Rok32
4B - 1x Pro, Peter_rs, Shazza, steverawlo

This is a suggestion for groupings on the day

1A - 2x Pros, DC68, Jaster
1B - 2x Pros, Goughy, Iain
2 - 1x Pro, BrisVegas, Brooky17, Rok32
3A - 1x Pro, steverawlo , AndyP, Peter RS
4A - 1x Pro, +1 spot, Shazza, Stoney (shazza and leesa might appreciate some company off the reds and Leesa might give Shazza some matchplay support)
4b - 1x Pro, Golfer69, G69 friend, Macca

These are in no way fixed groupings. Make any suggestions/requests. I've kept peter rs near shazza's group (for support/razzing). If anyone else wants to head up (hint hint G69) then speak up before the last free time with us is gone.

goughy
2nd August 2006, 11:33 PM
I'll add to this. It shouldn't be too much of a problem to get enough groups for those interested. But it can be a bit difficult. Last year the timesheets came out fairly late due to them waiting for full comfirmation of which pro's and which sponsors were playing. It may make it difficult to guarantee places for those interested, but I think we should be ok.

Times will most likely be for the morning shotgun start, around 7am. The afternoon timeslots have the higher ranked pro's and a good portion of the amateur times are taken with sponsors. But in the past we haven't had too much trouble getting times in the morning.

Cost was around $25 last year, and I'd expect the same. The senior pro am playing there in the next week is $25.

Grunt
3rd August 2006, 07:39 AM
Would love to come up for the hit, if I had more leave from work up my sleeve I would be up for this one for sure. Hope you all have a great day.

BrisVegas
3rd August 2006, 08:02 AM
I'm playing the Holden Scramble at Brookwater that day, sorry guys.

Would love to come otherwise. Did well in this event in 2004! Crap in 2005. Due to go low in 2006!

dc68
3rd August 2006, 08:46 AM
pencil

AndyP
3rd August 2006, 09:30 AM
I do like to reminisce.

2005 - http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2556

Peter_rs 34
Shazza 31
Steve 29
Eag's 28
Vegas 27
AndyP 26
Goughy 19
Macca NCR

2004 - http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showthread.php?t=503

Goughy - 40
Brisvegas - 38
Jaster - 33
Andyp - 31
Brooky17 - 29
Iain - 28

DavidP's + Goughy's course guide - http://www.ozgolf.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1504

--------------------------
Well, I would like to make it three in a row, but it's a bit far out for a full commitment. And I wouldn't make the trip without sharing petrol costs.

1. Goughy
2. Jaster
3. Steve (goughy's mate in Pencil at the moment)
4. Mezza
5. Steve (Mezza's mate Pencil at the moment)
6. Lisa (Mezza's mate Steves wife Pencil at the moment)
7. dc68 (pencil)
8. AndyP (pencil)

dc68
3rd August 2006, 09:36 AM
Mate, I will ride with anyone and throw in for juice it's just my sh!tbox overheats up the range so I could not take it. I could get to a meeting point and go from there.

AndyP
3rd August 2006, 09:50 AM
We can work out details closer to the date, depending on the final list of players.

BrisVegas
3rd August 2006, 10:07 AM
Thanks for reminiscing AndyP. God we sucked in 2005. You guys are due to reverse the trend.

Funny to see the 2004 results. Goughy used to play golf in those days!

AndyP
3rd August 2006, 10:17 AM
Funny to see the 2004 results. Goughy used to play golf in those days!
I had a read of the 2004 thread, and it appears that I drove up that morning with 4 of us in the car and 5 golf bags. I'm attempting something similar this Sunday.

I think I've been down on form both times this event has come around. You're right, it's time to turn that around and stop embarrassing myself in front of the pro. At least as far as golf goes anyway.

markTHEblake
3rd August 2006, 11:42 AM
2004 - http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showthread.php?t=503

Goughy - 40

Goughy has got game ! :shock:

jaster
3rd August 2006, 01:57 PM
What about you Blakey? Make a trip up for a hit mate?

goughy
3rd August 2006, 06:59 PM
I had game.... I think that game was the last time I broke my hc, and was pretty much at the end of my golfing if I remember correctly. I think the 19 points was from 9 holes only last year :(

Wonder what this year will bring???

BrisVegas
4th August 2006, 01:31 PM
I'm in, along with Jayson. Both keen for another crack at City GC too. What about you choppa??

1. Goughy
2. Jaster
4. Mezza
7. dc68 (pencil)
8. AndyP (pencil)
9. BrisVegas
10. Brooky17
11. choppa??

AndyP
4th August 2006, 02:09 PM
The pull towards this event over the Nudgee Scramble is getting greater.

dc68
4th August 2006, 02:19 PM
I am now a definate starter depending on a lift/car pool.

AndyP
4th August 2006, 02:25 PM
I am now a definate starter depending on a lift/car pool.
The way it works is that you have to copy and paste the list then add your amendment.

dc68
4th August 2006, 02:44 PM
1. Goughy
2. Jaster
4. Mezza
7. dc68
8. AndyP (pencil):smt079 :smt021

AndyP
4th August 2006, 03:03 PM
And make sure you use the most up to date list, dingbat.

1. Goughy
2. Jaster
4. Mezza
7. dc68 :smt101
8. AndyP (pencil)
9. BrisVegas
10. Brooky17
11. choppa??

BrisVegas
4th August 2006, 03:21 PM
I drove up that morning with 4 of us in the car and 5 golf bags. I'm attempting something similar this Sunday.

Sounds good to me.... Shotgun!!!!! :mrgreen: :smt002

dc68
4th August 2006, 03:28 PM
you're nasty:smt098

Stoney
4th August 2006, 03:49 PM
Will talk to the Mrs tonight, should be a goer, it been a long time can't wait to play City again.

I will be coiming trough from the east if a lift from out Brookwater way is required.

1. Goughy
2. Jaster
4. Mezza
7. dc68
8. AndyP (pencil)
9. BrisVegas
10. Brooky17
11. choppa??
12. Stoney

BrisWesty
4th August 2006, 04:27 PM
I'd love to come along for this one, but I think I'll be asked to go to Mapleton instead with the wife and kidlets.

AndyP
4th August 2006, 07:27 PM
Why is the sponsor in the title?

jaster
4th August 2006, 07:41 PM
Makes it more a attractive AP :p to be honest I have no idea why I left it in there and i can remove it if you have a problem with it ;)

goughy
4th August 2006, 07:43 PM
What happened to the Brookwater scramble 'vegas?

jaster
4th August 2006, 07:47 PM
He loved me too much Goughy to stay away from City and can't resist whipping my butt around the course again :)

goughy
4th August 2006, 07:57 PM
Gonna be some tough holes now through 2,3 and 4. 2 is always a bugger. 3 is now about a 360to370mtr par 4, but only a long iron or 3wood at most off the tee. Nasty looking bunkers on the left fairway. New green should be in play by the pro am. g69, when are they going to remove that power pole from right infront of the green?

4th is a 180ish mtr par 3, but to a not overly large green with 3 distinct areas and big elevation differences in it. And 3 nasty bunkers. Then you get the 5th, where pretty much anything right is dead, and anything left is near dead.

The course rating is gonna have to change one day me thinks. These new holes are replacing some easy pickings.

goughy
5th August 2006, 08:45 PM
Probably no BBQ this year, but might (and family) be up for some lunch. Could stick it out at the club for lunch, or head on over to sizzlers. No one has issues with having their stomachs pumped late that sunda night do they??

jaster
5th August 2006, 08:53 PM
Hehe not me, regular occurence :p

Lunch at the club is probably a great option to save everyone running around looking for sizzler (not that they wouldn't know where it was) or just running around in general.

goughy
6th August 2006, 07:51 AM
OT, I'm tempted to change your sig to include (custom goughy mutilation)

jaster
6th August 2006, 09:12 AM
No way mate, it looks sweet but I think we need a few "mm" more before I release it to the masses. Might look at doing it today :)

BrisVegas
8th August 2006, 08:29 AM
Probably no BBQ this year, but might (and family) be up for some lunch. Could stick it out at the club for lunch, or head on over to sizzlers. No one has issues with having their stomachs pumped late that sunda night do they??

I've had food poisoning for 3 days, it's not pleasant. On a positive note, I've lost around 5kgs!

Stoney - pencil me in for a ride mate! Prob Jayson too, if there's room. :)

Iain
13th August 2006, 05:19 PM
1. Goughy
2. Jaster
4. Mezza
7. dc68
8. AndyP (pencil)
9. BrisVegas
10. Brooky17
11. choppa??
12. Stoney
13. Iain

goughy
13th August 2006, 05:52 PM
I hope they get the sheet out on time this year. I think it only came out a week or a few days before last year. Tho I remember there were tons of times available.

And this year I'll make sure we get everybody's correct names :oops:

AndyP
13th August 2006, 08:23 PM
I'll remove the pencil for myself. I'm sure I can drive up with someone, even if it has to be dc68......

1. Goughy
2. Jaster
4. Mezza
7. dc68
8. AndyP
9. BrisVegas
10. Brooky17
11. choppa??
12. Stoney
13. Iain

dc68
15th August 2006, 02:06 PM
Oi :-P

goughy
15th August 2006, 06:17 PM
Feeling the love dc.

nudgee
24th August 2006, 05:58 PM
1. Goughy
2. Jaster
4. Mezza
7. dc68
8. AndyP
9. BrisVegas
10. Brooky17
11. choppa??
12. Stoney
13. Iain
14. Nudgee (cant get a team for Brooky - too many single figures!!)

Rok31
25th August 2006, 09:36 PM
1. Goughy
2. Jaster
4. Mezza
7. dc68
8. AndyP
9. BrisVegas
10. Brooky17
11. choppa??
12. Stoney
13. Iain
14. Nudgee (cant get a team for Brooky - too many single figures!!)
15. Rok32 - I'm in! Last game B4 the wifey goes into labour

BrisVegas
25th August 2006, 09:48 PM
good work Paul. You riding in the stoney limo too?? Jayson's in their too...

Are we there yet???

Stoney
25th August 2006, 09:55 PM

Are we there yet???

Looking forward to the road trip.

What the latest on tee times etc?

goughy
25th August 2006, 10:00 PM
Timesheets for this don't come out until normal, 2 weeks in advance. But I usually find they are even later as they have to wait till all the pro's confirm. I think last years was less than a week in advance.

Times will be for the morning shotgun, I think around 7am :o The afternoon groups get taken up mostly by sponsors etc not leaving much for grops of 3. There were plenty of times available last year in the morning tho when we filled them out.

Looking like 5 groups so far! Geepers daphne.

jaster
25th August 2006, 11:09 PM
First post updated with numbers. Great work guys.

Rok31
26th August 2006, 09:30 AM

Are we there yet???

Yep. Hope the bags all fit in the car!! Oh and us guys too...I am not the 52Kg stick I used to be..:smt002

Looking forward to it!

Go Harvey, Go Harvey...Go Har-vey Nor-man Go!!

"Ignores golf results on Sports Tonight" ... I so do not!!

peter_rs
26th August 2006, 12:51 PM
I hope I can make this

BrisVegas
27th August 2006, 10:34 AM
"Ignores golf results on Sports Tonight" ... I so do not!!

Well, if you posted in here a bit more, we'd give you a cooler profile...:smt002

AndyP
27th August 2006, 11:27 AM
I hope I can make this
So are you and Shaz in pencil for this one, as I don't see your names on the list?

peter_rs
28th August 2006, 08:59 AM
Ap only in pencil, Its the day after last round of club champs, so who knows If we will feel like golf.

When is the time sheet out.

AndyP
28th August 2006, 09:00 AM
Goughy said two weeks or less.

goughy
28th August 2006, 03:39 PM
It dosen't come out until all the pro's have confirmed. Never before 2 weeks, and as late as a few days would be my guess.

Choppa
29th August 2006, 04:30 PM
I am a non-starter for this one guys.

Iain
30th August 2006, 09:35 AM
Anyone want to car pool??

AndyP
30th August 2006, 09:38 AM
Yes, car pooling is good. dc68 wanted a lift too.

dc68
30th August 2006, 09:46 AM
I will be in for a car pool.

jaster
3rd September 2006, 02:16 PM
Ok, time sheets are apparently out today. I need full names from a two of you guys ASAP please.....anyone with a *** next to there game please post or PM me as soon as you can

1. Goughy
2. Jaster
3. Mezza
4. Steve (Mezza friend)
5. Leesa (Mezza friend)
6. dc68
7. AndyP
8. BrisVegas
9. Brooky17 ***
10. Stoney
11. Iain
12. Nudgee
13. Rok32 ***

AndyP
3rd September 2006, 03:21 PM
9. Brooky17 = Jayson Williams

13. Rok32 = Paul Stone

jaster
3rd September 2006, 03:40 PM
Thanks AP great work.

goughy
3rd September 2006, 05:05 PM
If anyone else is interested, We're currently at 1 group of non-ozgolfers, 3 groups of ozgolfers and 1 extra. Would be great to get 2 more on the list.

Jaster, maybe put g69's name down for now as well. Might be able to convince him to come up and check out his handiwork firsthand, especially the landing zone by the bunkers on 9.

Any group preferences too? I wouldn't mind catching up with iain again, but haven't played with a few of ya's that are heading up.

jaster
3rd September 2006, 05:41 PM
Sorry didn't get your message in time goughy so names went down that were on the list as I had them in the order that I had them.

All afternoon times are gone and I was advised that only "City GC" members are allowed to take the morning time slots by Peter C initially at 5pm.....I advised him that it means that 13 people will take our business elsewhere and we have been supporting this event for the past 5 years. He then decided it was ok....lucky for him ;)

1B - 2x Pros, Mezza, Steve

2 - 1x Pro, Leesa, DC68, AndyP

Names are all down as the correct full names as I knew or was told them, of course we can change the order as needed before the day but I'll leave that up to you goughy :)

AndyP
3rd September 2006, 05:57 PM
Thanks for getting us all in and organising, jaster.

I'm happy to accept whatever group I'm given. Playing with dc68 was probably my least preference though.

goughy
3rd September 2006, 06:34 PM
You forgot your smilie again Andy.

As Jaster said, they're just down as they were written. We can play with them on the day. I'm much happier with J-man writing them down, I tend to screw it up :(

2 weeks, woo hoo.

I'm not surprised to see them try and hold places for the members, but I don't think it's one of those days that fills up super fast, especially since it's usually a bit dearer than their standard comp fee.

peter_rs
3rd September 2006, 07:25 PM
Jaster

Sorry for the late notice.

Can you try and find room for-

Peter Hickey
Sharon Ralph

Stoney would you be interested in playing shazza in match play there?

goughy
3rd September 2006, 07:32 PM
It's a pro-am pete. Only stab and no chance to muck about with playing order etc etc, especially on the greens. Being shotgun the order of the matchplay index would be out too, although that might not really matter.

I don't think it would be the ideal circumstances for a matchplay round.

peter_rs
3rd September 2006, 07:46 PM
it was just an idea.... because it has been hard for them to find time for a game. Shazza has club champs for two weeks and the matchplay champs for 4 after that.

I forgot it would be stab. But that fits better with match play then a stroke comp IMOP. I don't know how playing order changes that much between matchplay and any other comp.

Anyway point taken. Still we want to play in the pro-am if there is room.

BrisVegas
3rd September 2006, 07:50 PM
Thanks for booking it Jaster! Looking forward to it.

AndyP
3rd September 2006, 08:38 PM
I would think it would be poor etiquette to conduct the match in a pro-am. I had thought that I might be able to play the winner of this match at this event, but then decided against it.
Looks like it doesn't matter anyway, if I have to wait until after this to find out my opponent.

jaster
3rd September 2006, 08:56 PM
No problems Pete I'll try and get you and shazza in first thing tomorrow morning!

shazza_rs
3rd September 2006, 09:46 PM
On the matchplay note .... In matchplay its not like i would get the honour anyways...... as the ladies tees are usually not with the mens......... so there would not be a mucking around with order.

In my opinion matchplay should never be played under other competitions as it is a competition in its own right. If played in a comp then the match is not played in the proper manner.

Anyways.

Thanks Jaster for trying to put us in.

Stoney
3rd September 2006, 09:47 PM
I would think it would be poor etiquette to conduct the match in a pro-am. I had thought that I might be able to play the winner of this match at this event, but then decided against it.
Looks like it doesn't matter anyway, if I have to wait until after this to find out my opponent.

Are you guys serious? I can't see the problem with playing match play within a stableford round, pro-am or no pro-am.

I am sure that Shaz and I have played enough comp golf to observe the correct level of etiquette. Most of the pro's playing in the morning are young guys or has been’s anyway, and they don't care who they play with and would be used to people with no idea most of the time.

By the way, what the hell has where you start on a golf course got to do with the match index? They are on the card for each hole, take them were there due.

Stoney
3rd September 2006, 10:07 PM
Thanks for organising everything Jaster.

Shazza and I have discussed the matter and will play our matchplay in Toowoomba. Jaster can you re-shuffle acordingly.

If anyone has a major objection just let me know and I will adress it acordingly.

goughy
3rd September 2006, 10:09 PM
My only point about hte matchplay index is that isn't it spose to work in a specific manner. Blakey would know the answer. You'll also note that I did mention that it probably really didn't matter anyway.

There wasn't any question of your standard of golfing etiquette, just that to hold a matchplay event during a pro-am probably wouldn't be the done thing.

In the end, it's up to you guys. It was only my thoughts that during a normal stab event (in particular when playing with people who don't know you) you would be puttinf out at times (say 3 feet from hole and not on someones line) whereas now you would have to mark each putt closer to the hole. Also if one of you is off the green but nearer the hole you would have to wait till the other putted, which probably wouldn't happen in a normal comp round.

goughy
3rd September 2006, 10:25 PM
Point taken tho. The only really serious player I've been grouped with in a pro-am didn't say 2 peeps to us during the round, but also didn't put up much of a fight.

And watch out stoney - she's a sandbagger.

Stoney
3rd September 2006, 10:25 PM
No worries Goughy.

Shazza and I will discuss the finer points and sort that stuff out.

Looking forward to the trip, how is the course looking at the moment? Did you guys get much of the rain we had last week?

jaster
4th September 2006, 09:10 PM
Ok...confirmed $25 to play and 7am shotgun.

Last 2 names are in, Peter_rs and Shazza, Sorry I think you are off 5A but it could be 4B....not that far away from each other anyway :)

1B - 2x Pros, Mezza, Steve

2 - 1x Pro, Leesa, DC68, AndyP

5A - 1x Pro, Peter_rs, Shazza, 1 spot free

By the way shazza...you are down as Sharon Hickey :) hehehe :p

goughy
4th September 2006, 09:13 PM
No worries Goughy.

Shazza and I will discuss the finer points and sort that stuff out.

Looking forward to the trip, how is the course looking at the moment? Did you guys get much of the rain we had last week?

We had tons of rain up here. And I think the course will be mint for the pro-am. The new 3rd should most likely be in play too.

AndyP
4th September 2006, 09:20 PM
Should we get the final groups sorted now or soon, as we already know that there needs to be a change with Shazza and Stoney in the same group.

jaster
4th September 2006, 09:25 PM
I think we could nearly change it here on the board and then just go with that order on the day couldn't we? Not sure if the club would appreciate me going down and liquid papering out 15 names :) Personally I wouldn't do it anyway!

AndyP
4th September 2006, 10:04 PM
That's what I meant, I don't expect the club to know about any changes.

goughy
4th September 2006, 10:09 PM
Suggestions then?

Shazza, stoney and peter rs in one group, so pete can razz shazza.

Anyone keen inparticular to play with 2 pros? I wouldn't mind having a game with iain; it's been since horton park since our last game.

AndyP
4th September 2006, 10:20 PM
Does Leesa really want to play with three people she doesn't know?

goughy
4th September 2006, 10:48 PM
As jaster said, the names are on the timesheet in the order they appeared in the first post, not in the final order of groups.

I'll edit the first post showing 2 groupings, the first will be the position your names appear on the timesheet at the club - when you check in this will be the time you will be crossed off on by the pro shop.

I'll put up a proposed second list now which is a suggested groupings for the day. We'll get together before we head out and split into this lot. No one at the club will be the wiser.

If anyone has any other preferences etc just let us know. What I put up is not necessarily the final list.

goughy
4th September 2006, 11:03 PM
First post editted to reflect names as they appear on the timesheet and also suggested groupings for the day.

jaster
5th September 2006, 12:54 AM
Does Brisvegas want to play with Brooky again? Seems they are always playing together? I am sure Mezza and Steve wouldn't mind being split up either.

goughy
5th September 2006, 06:14 AM
Just some thoughts. Edit them around jaster.

BrisVegas
5th September 2006, 07:50 AM
Does Brisvegas want to play with Brooky again? Seems they are always playing together?
yes thanks. He's a good mate and neighbour of mine, who is only coming along to the Pro Am because I invited him...

AndyP
5th September 2006, 08:19 AM
Hole 3 has changed, hasn't it? If so, can we have some tips on it please?

AndyP
5th September 2006, 08:30 AM
Is the creek reachable from the tee?

AndyP
5th September 2006, 08:37 AM
Here's some more descriptions of the new stuff:
http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2819
and photos:
http://ozgolf.net/gallery/v/golfer69/?g2_GALLERYSID=88d50738481f8c5531794e1347f0786b

jaster
5th September 2006, 09:19 AM
yes thanks. He's a good mate and neighbour of mine, who is only coming along to the Pro Am because I invited him...

No problems :) Just trying to maybe mix it around as I'm not too sure how many other people have played with him.

dc68
5th September 2006, 09:50 AM
Playing with dc68 was probably my least preference though.:shock:

And here I was getting all excited about having a whole day with you!!!

:p

AndyP
5th September 2006, 09:53 AM
I'm not sure I want to know about how "excited" you were......

peter_rs
5th September 2006, 11:03 AM
Don't think the very back tee will be used.
From the 2nd back its 255m but all downhill.

How far to over the creek ;)

seriously :)

BrisVegas
5th September 2006, 11:09 AM
How far to over the creek ;)

You can do it Pete, let her rip!!!!! :-D

Just make sure Shaz and stoney et. al. are outta the way in front of you...

peter_rs
5th September 2006, 11:54 AM
G69 I will back myself for the bird they way my bunker shots are going.

That explains why I put a 3-iron down onto the path last year.

jaster
5th September 2006, 12:06 PM
Healthy I drove the old green with a 3 wood a few times from the front tees. Off the back tees it was impossible even with driver. With the new green and front tees it would be 25m further so still reachable but way tougher. 3/4/5iron and then a mid iron is the best play always at that hole and things won't have changed even witht the redesign. I'll say more doubles will be scored on it than birdies everyday of the week.

dc68
5th September 2006, 03:58 PM
Ok looking forward to this even though I have been put in Mr P's group (joking mate). Speaking of which I was just wondering about travel arrangements?

goughy
5th September 2006, 06:19 PM
I've actually got you with jaster atm dc.

Unless into a strong headwind then the 3rd hole was always a 2iron and no more for me. It'd be about 15 or 20mtrs longer overall. 2 fairway traps on the left now, one for where I land when into the wind and a second for where I land with the wind.

The 4th will be the bitch. Especially is they use a back left pin as I would expect. I can see the fairway bunkers on 9 eating a few. On a windless day I would say I would land inbetween the traps on 13. But if you play safe you risk the short left trap and if you go driver then the farther right one is in play.

I'm not surprised if they put the 3rd in play this weekend. They did that last year when ya's did the 5th and 4th greens.

I'm taking a guess here, but I don't think much of the course would need to be out of play for any other changes to the course? Already looking forward to what's coming next.

dc68
6th September 2006, 09:41 AM
Oh Ok :razz:

jaster
6th September 2006, 09:45 AM
DC68 - Are you by chance interested in sharing (going halves) in a cart for the day. Due to the hilly nature of City (the back 9 anyway) and my ongoing health issues I am not sure if I will be able to make the full 18 without one?

If not is anyone else interested? Sorry to ask as I am normally a walker but I gotta be realistic :(

dc68
6th September 2006, 09:59 AM
Yeah mate would be fine with that.

steverawlo
6th September 2006, 07:23 PM
I'll fill that last spot if you'll have me.

jaster
6th September 2006, 07:46 PM
Sure will....PM me or post your full name so i can put your proper down mate :)

steverawlo
6th September 2006, 07:50 PM
PM sent - looking forward to it.:-D

jaster
6th September 2006, 08:00 PM
I'll put you down tomorrow buddy, can't wait to meet some of you guys!

BrisVegas
6th September 2006, 08:05 PM
cool Steve, glad to have you on board. Pity we got a full car load already or I'd offer you (on stoney's behalf!) a ride...

AndyP
6th September 2006, 11:53 PM
rawlo, dc68 and I are carpooling. Not sure if there are any other takers, but if you want to join the pool, let us know and we'll work out who's driving.

steverawlo
7th September 2006, 06:52 AM
Sounds good to me. I don't mind driving if you guys can get to my place at Gailes.

AndyP
7th September 2006, 07:26 AM
I'll ask the missus if I have the car for the day or if she'll drop me off at Gailes. I just remembered Iain wanted car pool action as well.

dc68
7th September 2006, 09:41 AM
I don't mind driving if you guys can get to my place at Gailes.

Can we make that at Gailes Golf Club? easier to find at 5am.:-D

BrisVegas
7th September 2006, 10:46 AM
Why don't you guys meet at Goodna McDonalds. Closer for Steve and way easier to get to/from than Gailes GC for all parties... Just a suggestion.

dc68
7th September 2006, 11:26 AM
Rather not leave my car at Goodna Maccas even though it is a bit of a bomb......can't afford to be without it or replace it.

No disrespect to the fine people of goodna intended.

steverawlo
7th September 2006, 11:27 AM
Why don't you guys meet at Goodna McDonalds. Closer for Steve and way easier to get to/from than Gailes GC for all parties... Just a suggestion.

That's a good idea.

I could possibly fit 4 but it will be a tight squeeze I would imagine. I doubt there'd be room for 4 bags and buggies. It depends if the guys in the back mind having some gear on top of them!!:-D

AndyP
7th September 2006, 12:11 PM
I have permission to take the car, and I'll fit four people no problems, even if it is people of the larger sort.

dc68
7th September 2006, 12:13 PM
I have permission to take the car, and I'll fit four people no problems, even if it is people of the larger sort.

:shock: surely you are not being nasty ?

AndyP
7th September 2006, 12:15 PM
:shock: surely you are not being nasty ?
Including myself, of course.

dc68
7th September 2006, 12:18 PM
Including myself, of course.

But you are weedy.:-D

AndyP
7th September 2006, 12:20 PM
I don't think I have ever been referred to as weedy.

BrisVegas
7th September 2006, 12:21 PM

AndyP is buff these days.

dc68
7th September 2006, 12:39 PM
Beeeefcaaaake.

goughy
7th September 2006, 05:10 PM

How about seedy then.....

It's pretty sad how much I get excited about these games these days. But 18 holes of golf is sooooooooo cool.

jaster
7th September 2006, 05:14 PM
Got steverawlo down this afternoon, confirmed that the last group is 4b also not 5a. Still plenty of spots if anyone is interested.

AndyP
7th September 2006, 05:19 PM
It's gonna be fun playing my ball 100 metres behind my playing partners after every drive. Oh well, at least I won't have to walk into the trees with them..........

dc68
7th September 2006, 05:21 PM
How about seedy then.....

Thought that said sleazy for a second......:shock: :smt002

Iain
7th September 2006, 05:21 PM
Thanks AndyP, if I could get a lift, that would be super. I'm not as big as what I used to be, but probably still bigger......:oops:

AndyP
7th September 2006, 05:23 PM
I'd be smaller if it wasn't for things like Giant Father's Day Toblerone chocolate bars.

Jarro
7th September 2006, 05:23 PM
Thanks AndyP, if I could get a lift, that would be super. I'm not as big as what I used to be, but probably still bigger......:oops:

.. so does that mean you'd still have trouble getting your head into the car :p

goughy
7th September 2006, 05:28 PM
I'm flashing back on the simpsons halloween episode when all the advertising characters on buildings came to life. Remember the 3 guys with the big heads and little bodies wheeling their heads around in shopping trolleys.

dc68
7th September 2006, 05:30 PM
or....um Ghostbusters? Staypuff Marshmallow man.

goughy
7th September 2006, 06:50 PM
Is that a royal 'we' g69, or does that mean your heading up as well to check out your handiwork?? You hob nobbing with commitee members during the round??

Stoney
7th September 2006, 10:50 PM
It's gonna be fun playing my ball 100 metres behind my playing partners after every drive. Oh well, at least I won't have to walk into the trees with them..........

Are you thinking about playing off the Reds again? This is not the Mcleod Cup :-D

AndyP
8th September 2006, 06:06 AM
So it wasn't funny the first time, when g69 joked about the yellows? Or you thought it was such gold, that you'd re-use the joke two posts later?

Stoney
8th September 2006, 08:27 AM
[QUOTE=golfer69]Cmon Stoney...lift son....we need to get our AP sledges in sync. [QUOTE]

Sorry Mate, it was late.

jaster
9th September 2006, 02:57 AM
Ok, Steve and Leesa have informed me that they are out :( 1st post adjusted and I'll have to get out to the course and change the names tomorrow.

goughy
9th September 2006, 07:23 AM
Room for a g69 in one of our groups now! Someone else up for a game before the spots get taken by club members. Shirley someone wants a game!!

Jarro
9th September 2006, 09:13 AM
Shirley someone wants a game!!

:-s :smt061

jaster
9th September 2006, 09:15 AM
What about Jarro?

Jarro
9th September 2006, 09:17 AM
What about Jarro?

mate, i'd love to, but like i told Golfer69 yesterday ..... i'm playing both days this weekend, then playing next friday in the Scramble with you guys.

Don't think i'll be able to get another day off :smt002

goughy
9th September 2006, 02:59 PM
Playing together and buggerising is just written too close together, especially with a nick name of 69'er.

Your names would probably just go where steve and leesa's were, and our actual groupings can be finalised before we tee off. Glad you can make it too.

Hope jaster hasn't removed leeas and steve yet, I don't think he has.

jaster
9th September 2006, 03:35 PM
Nope I haven't so you can just have their 2 spots G69, that makes it very easy..good work.

AndyP
11th September 2006, 11:42 AM
Okay, another event behind me, time to move on to this one.

Carpool: dc68, Iain, steverawlo with me driving.
I live in Sinnamon Park, and with Steve in Goodna, it's in the direction I'm going. So that's two possible pickup points for you guys? Don't really want to have to have two many stops or we'll never get there.

dc68
11th September 2006, 12:06 PM
PM your address pls mate.

steverawlo
11th September 2006, 12:14 PM
You can pick me up at the Goodna Maccas if you want. What time?

AndyP
11th September 2006, 01:06 PM
You can pick me up at the Goodna Maccas if you want. What time?
What time does Goodna Maccas open? Or should we stop at Gatton Maccas instead?

I can never remember how long it takes to get there exactly. 1h15m? Vegas?

steverawlo
11th September 2006, 01:21 PM
Is the course just off Ruthven St? If it is the one I'm thinking of, it's about an hour from my place. Even if Maccas is not open it's more convenient for you so I'll meet you in the carpark.

BrisVegas
11th September 2006, 01:34 PM
It's about an hour from Goodna to Toowoomba. As for Maccas, I got no idea what time they open, Terry is the subject matter expert to ask...

My missus is considering coming up for the day now so she can have lunch at City GC bistro with the ozgolf group. We could have quite a convey heading up the hill at this rate!

AndyP
11th September 2006, 01:36 PM
Is the course just off Ruthven St? If it is the one I'm thinking of, it's about an hour from my place.
That's the one.

Even if Maccas is not open it's more convenient for you so I'll meet you in the carpark.
Sounds like we are doing some dodgy dealing.

I assume we would want to get there at least half an hour before tee off to give us time to butt heads with the others on the putting green, and walk to our respective holes (let's work off 40min).

So that's about 5:15a from Goodna, and about 5:00a or just after from my place. Why do we do this to ourselves?

dc68
11th September 2006, 01:48 PM
dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh that means I am up at 4 to leave time for getting lost etc.

dc68
11th September 2006, 02:05 PM
Sounds like a perfect plan, doooooooooooooh again.

Iain
11th September 2006, 03:10 PM
Hey AP, thanks again. PM me your address, I'll meet you there. What time are you thinking?? 5am?

goughy
11th September 2006, 06:35 PM
I'll probably be there from 6. Our walks aren't too bad, nothing up the back 9 anyway.

A deliver driver I know played on the weekend and the new 3rd was in play. He loved it. 5w and 5i for him. Apparently the fairways etc on the 3rd are a prefered lie atm, don't know if that will be the case on sunday. Jaster noticed lots of rocks (not even stones) in the top dressing mix and I think he mentioned it to them.

The course should be absolutely mint by sunday. Lots of nice rain for it.

goughy
11th September 2006, 08:31 PM
Glad I'm using the pings..

nudgee
12th September 2006, 04:12 PM
sorry guys I have to pull out of this One. Shazza & Peter RS don't worry about a lift now

AndyP
12th September 2006, 10:40 PM
Good thinking, nudgee. Getting out before Peter_rs dumps you from the group first. Maybe I should follow suit.

So what are the groups with g69 + mate added?

goughy
13th September 2006, 05:30 AM
Time to put it to bed guys. And don't ask 'cause you know what I'm talking about.

BrisVegas
13th September 2006, 07:56 AM
Apparently the fairways etc on the 3rd are a prefered lie atm, don't know if that will be the case on sunday. Jaster noticed lots of rocks (not even stones) in the top dressing mix and I think he mentioned it to them.
Was it top-dressing or drainage gravel??? :shock: Goughy, can I borrow a couple of your Ping irons on the 3rd? Just leave them on the tee box for me eh?

steverawlo
13th September 2006, 09:52 AM
That's the one.

Sounds like we are doing some dodgy dealing.

I assume we would want to get there at least half an hour before tee off to give us time to butt heads with the others on the putting green, and walk to our respective holes (let's work off 40min).

So that's about 5:15a from Goodna, and about 5:00a or just after from my place. Why do we do this to ourselves?

I'll be at Maccas at 5am:smt015

dc68
13th September 2006, 11:41 AM
And I shall be at your place at 0450 Pman had a look at the UBD and it looks like I won't have too many navigation issues, just need to stay off the sauce on Saturday.

Iain
14th September 2006, 05:25 AM
And I shall be at your place at 0450 Pman had a look at the UBD and it looks like I won't have too many navigation issues, just need to stay off the sauce on Saturday.

I call shotgun on the front seat!!! :-P:-P

dc68
14th September 2006, 08:52 AM
I call shotgun on the front seat!!! :-P:-P

better beat me there then unit.:razz:

Jarro
14th September 2006, 03:38 PM
Iain just wants to change gears for AndyP :p

dc68
14th September 2006, 03:58 PM
Iain just wants to change gears for AndyP :p

Andy lets people play with his stick?:shock:

Jarro
14th September 2006, 04:00 PM
Andy lets people play with his stick?:shock:

only Iain

steverawlo
14th September 2006, 04:07 PM
I'll be happy to be in the back. Andy, any chance of a lend of that spare buggy you have??

AndyP
14th September 2006, 04:16 PM
Sure, Steve. Hopefully I remember.

Vegas used to call shotgun on the baby seat in the back, who wants it this time?

dc68
14th September 2006, 04:22 PM
It can hold the maccas and drinks

Stoney
14th September 2006, 08:34 PM
My missus is considering coming up for the day now so she can have lunch at City GC bistro with the ozgolf group. We could have quite a convey heading up the hill at this rate!

Vegas, do you and Brooky still want a lift or are you and the family doing the trip?

BrisVegas
14th September 2006, 08:39 PM
Vegas, do you and Brooky still want a lift or are you and the family doing the trip?

Just asked the question and we are officially making a family trip to Toowoomba. We'll take Jayson with us. Thanks again though for the offer...

jaster
14th September 2006, 11:35 PM
Even though I am out of the scramble tomorrow guys I may still be making this...it depends on how the chemo hits me and also how my stomach is as it is not very well at all at the moment. Fingers crossed.

Also on a sad note mezza has had to pull out as his wifes good friend and work colleage was killed in a car accident yesterday so he has a few more important things than golf to attend to and asked to apologise to you all. I'll arrange this at the club tomorrow if I can before of after my chemo session.

Does anyone know the name of G69s friend so I can get his name in there?

dc68
15th September 2006, 08:40 AM

Hi Stoney, considering you will have room now would you be passing anywhere near Carindale on the way to Toowoomba? If you are could I grab a lift rather than going over to Andy's place?

AndyP
15th September 2006, 08:42 AM
You'll do anything to avoid me.

dc68
15th September 2006, 08:42 AM
:p

dc68
15th September 2006, 04:00 PM
not long now guys. really looking forward to this.:mrgreen:

ps Stoney if you could text me about Sunday morning...thanks

pps Jaster hope to see you Sunday mate rest up.:-D

Cheers Dave

Iain
15th September 2006, 06:48 PM
You'll do anything to avoid me.

At least we won't have to put up with him on the drive out there!!!

AndyP
15th September 2006, 06:57 PM
And the smell.

jaster
15th September 2006, 09:51 PM
Thanks Dave I am resting so much it is not funny, I think with the cart I can make it..sure am going to try hard although I am struggling hard at the moment.

Got G69 and friend and Macleod down by the way today guys and took the 4 people who aren't playing out (Mezza, nudgee, steve and wife) which means 1 spot was free and there were reserves so one group will find themselves with a non-ozgolfer in it. Pros names were down but I don't think we had any big names.

goughy
16th September 2006, 06:06 AM
Macca's coming as well. Awesome. I hope he's not coming up just so he can buy some beer from the spotted cow?? ;) :)

Will be great to see you again amigo!

goughy
16th September 2006, 06:11 AM
Ok, changed groupings a bit again. Just would love to catch up with macca again as well.

Anyway, one day to go. Woo bloody Hooooooooooooooooooo

steverawlo
16th September 2006, 02:14 PM
How's the weather looking up there Goughy?

goughy
16th September 2006, 04:49 PM
been cloudy all day, and a bit overcast. Forecast for tomorrow is partly cloudy, 9* up to 18*. Seems good for golf.

macleod
16th September 2006, 06:33 PM
Macca's coming as well. Awesome. I hope he's not coming up just so he can buy some beer from the spotted cow?? ;) :)

Will be great to see you again amigo!

embarrsingly,....yes... ian watson had a do on friday with little creatures on tap, first place in qld.

i have some special 30 year old ale and lambics i need to pickup...mmmm thomas hardy.

that and some snecklifter ;)

macleod
16th September 2006, 06:34 PM
Ok, changed groupings a bit again. Just would love to catch up with macca again as well.

Anyway, one day to go. Woo bloody Hooooooooooooooooooo

geez mate, how long have you had a bag fulla ping? :P

goughy
16th September 2006, 06:58 PM
Geeze mate, I think the last time we had a game I still had the cobra's in the bag.

BrisVegas
16th September 2006, 07:49 PM
Yay golf again! Haven't played since Windaroo a month(?) ago...

macleod
16th September 2006, 08:36 PM
:D and u were thinking about starting your own upholstry business i think....

BrisVegas
17th September 2006, 04:57 AM
Goughy/Jaster... just got a message from Jayson (Brooky17). He has to pull out. There was a problem with his delivery route this morning. Would you please let City GC know and possibly get a game for a reserve in his place. He's very sorry for letting us down.

Jarro
17th September 2006, 04:59 AM
Have a good one guys :)

Hope the weather is perfect for you today at Woomba

jaster
17th September 2006, 11:05 AM
I never made it :( had 1 hour sleep and pain that my best pain killers couldn't shift! *cry* not happy

Jarro
17th September 2006, 03:07 PM
sorry to hear that Jaster :(

jaster
17th September 2006, 03:11 PM
Thanks Jarro :( Sure sux to be sick...oh well I am fighting hard.

Preliminary results I have heard...

Goughy - 29 points
BV - 27 points but apparently had his ball knicked by the afternoon groups up the last walking to their tee boxes....not good :(

AndyP
17th September 2006, 03:28 PM
I had a fun day out on the course today with dc and Macca. Thanks gents. Weather was perfect for it too.

jaster
17th September 2006, 03:30 PM
And the scores AP ;) left that bit out mate :)

AndyP
17th September 2006, 03:31 PM
Nothing to do with me. I know a couple, but I'll leave it to the goughster to put them all in at once. I think only a couple broke their handicap.

Stoney
17th September 2006, 04:08 PM
Thanks guys, what a fantastic day in Toowoomba.

Thanks to Shaz and Pete, plenty of sledging and good fun.

Sorry I had to shoot off, the Mrs is not traveling very well in the later stages of her pregnancy. Got the message with about 2 holes to play that she was having some problems and had to take off straight away.

I had 32 points for the record. Disapointing finish, lost concentration (77 off the stick)

goughy
17th September 2006, 04:35 PM
Finally time to post. First, G69 must have been schmoozing with the comittee, I didn't see him once we hit the clubhouse and don't have his score.

Thanks all for the trip up. We just had a little rain then that would have hit the arvo groups. Ha Ha (Nelson inflection)

Really enjoyed my day out. Thx for the company vegas. top notch, and had a ball. Golf was ordinary at best. I washed the 2 easiest holes on the course before I even reached the greens. Oops. And whats the deal with all the bunkers G69. Eh Eh Eh. I was in at least 8 of them today. My lack of skill (maybe moreso lack of confidence) out of them showed, and they cost me many strokes today.

It's was funny, walking down 11 with the pro's talking about wanting to try the new vokey spin milled. Vegas let's them have a look in his bag. Then he also showed one the new titliest hybrid. It's amazing how often they don't know much about what's going on in the club world.

One observation I had for the day which didn't make a good impression on me. One of our pro's had his son caddying for him; he was maybe about 8 or 9. Staff bag on one of those new fangled buggies with suspension. Anyway, the pro would just stride off and leave his son often 50 or more feet behind him. Thought that was pretty bad to leave his kid that far behind him. But then when he starts slamming clubs and swearing I wasn't impressed. Then of course the other pro joins in the swearing. Call me a prude, but with impressionable kids around it's not the done thing.

Then to cap it off, sitting in the clubhouse with them afterwards (don't think vegas was with us when this happened), he turns to his son and says 'I hope you've got school tomorrow? Do you know? 'Cause you're a shit caddie." Vegas noticed a 'distance' in their relationship and that maybe he was split from his wife and had his son for the weekend. But I saw no excuse for his behaviour. And even if his final comments about caddying were in jest, would any of you say something like that to your kid? Anyway, left me with a bad taste in my mouth. I believe he had a base club he worked from (should I mention it here. Many of you have played there before) and wasn't a tour grinder.

Other than that experience I had a thoroughly enjoyable day and can't wait till my next game, whenever that is.

just
17th September 2006, 04:36 PM
Sorry I had to shoot off, the Mrs is not traveling very well in the later stages of her pregnancy. Got the message with about 2 holes to play that she was having some problems and had to take off straight away.

Sounds like an excellent reason as to why you should have your phone on while playing.
Just

goughy
17th September 2006, 04:37 PM
Forgot to mention, loving many of the changes g69, one of our pro's being particularily fond of the 3rd. But I'd love to hear your opinions on some of the 'dangers' and whether you feel the club would address some of the issues. Did you chat to any of them afterwards?

terryand
17th September 2006, 05:07 PM
I can never work out what good a phone call is going to do when you are 200kms away.

Better off not knowing and driving home calmly.

Terry.

AndyP
17th September 2006, 05:33 PM
Notes from the day:
- Dave and Iain turned up just after 4:30a at my joint (as my bedside alarm was going off), when ETA was for around 5. Fortunately we had the thrash metal on Rage to keep us occupied.
- Iain reserved shotgun by cleverly using the limited space in the garage on the passenger side of the car to block passage to the front seat.
- I missed the turnoff for the Warrego Highway for Toowoomba (was enjoying the conversation in the car too much), then did a U-turn and found that there isn't a turn-off in the reverse direction. So I had to turn around at Redbank, not far off where I had just picked Steve up from at Goodna.
- We started on the 2nd hole, and I thought the first three holes were a pretty tough start. Anyone else think that the 4th (180m par 3) should not be index 16?!?!?!
- Had a laugh when Macca's back foot slipped out from underneath him during his T-shot on the 11th, and he lost balance. The shot skied high in the air and went left.
- dc68 and I had the same score on every hole for our first 14 holes (good for me, not so good for him). Despite it looking like the run might end several times, one of us always seemed to recover in the hole to level the score. I ruined the run by having a double.
- First time that I have played with dc, and I was impressed with his driving. Long and straight most of the time.
- The pro in our group, Eric Priestly, had a 74. Didn't appear to have the best of days, but had a nice little run going in the middle of the second nine, with three birds straight.
- I was impressed by some of the caddies, I saw around, especially the afternoon field.
- When we returned to Goodna McDonald's to drop Steve off, we found the driver side door of his car open, yet nothing stolen. What the ...? (Are you sure you closed it?)

goughy
17th September 2006, 06:17 PM
- We started on the 2nd hole, and I thought the first three holes were a pretty tough start. Anyone else think that the 4th (180m par 3) should not be index 16?!?!?!

I think they just haven't revised the indexs yet. The 4th was a 300mtr par 4. It's a nasty little par 3 now, especially from the back with the pin over the right bunker.

It's a tough par 70 now, with even more to come I feel.

goughy
17th September 2006, 06:35 PM
I 'spose I'm jsut used to the 16th and the risks. Maybe one of those great big nets behing the 3rd green like they have new the 3rd tee box (protecting houses).

Forgot that you were coming up last night. Should have dragged my sorry butt out last night.

I didn't take off till almost 2pm. Couldn't find you before that, but figued you may have been in the office.

AndyP
17th September 2006, 06:55 PM
I thought the second tee was in danger from T-shots off the third tee too, especially with the bunkers on the left steering people to the right.

steverawlo
17th September 2006, 07:08 PM
- When we returned to Goodna McDonald's to drop Steve off, we found the driver side door of his car open, yet nothing stolen. What the ...? (Are you sure you closed it?)

The more I think about it, the more I believe that I didn't shut the door. I am seriously losing the plot. I blame the 4am rise. :oops:

What a dunce.](*,)

AndyP
17th September 2006, 07:12 PM
It's probably an effective way to stop stuff getting flogged from your car actually. Who's going to approach a car with the door wide open, when they think the owner would be close around?

My missus reckons it sounds like something I would do.....

7.5 hrs in a Maccas carpark in a dodgy sort of area without losing anything. Guinness Book of Records worthy?

goughy
17th September 2006, 07:14 PM
I thought the second tee was in danger from T-shots off the third tee too, especially with the bunkers on the left steering people to the right.

The OOB has been doing that for years. I'd say 20% of drives any comp day end up on the 2nd fairway. Another 40% in the right trees.

Moe Norman
17th September 2006, 08:00 PM
I can never work out what good a phone call is going to do when you are 200kms away.

Better off not knowing and driving home calmly. Or not driving home at all?

My wife is currently in the latter styages of pregnancy and my phone goes with me EVERYWHERE and is NEVER turned off. If I'm going into a meeting or somewhere else I shouldn't have my phone on, I just tell people I'll have it on and why and they are fine with it.

goughy
17th September 2006, 08:09 PM
Leading Pro shot 64 today. One of the guys in my group said he didn't even make his dinner today. Well, if he sticks to macca's he could probably include breaky and lunch for maybe 2 or 3 days. He got $93 for T24. CCR was 72, par 70.

Here is a link to a story about this guy.
http://www.pga.org.au/default.aspx?s=qldnewsdisplay&aid=118058

BrisVegas
17th September 2006, 08:18 PM
Thanks for the day everyone and especially Dean for organising. Shame we had a full people pull out, but shit happens I guess.

I played crap. Not much more to say about that. I wasn't impressed by either of our pros. The lefty was shockingly slow over the ball and on the greens and was always on the lookout for any small noise or someone moving 50 metres away in his periphery just so he could get huffy and restart his painful routine again... The other guy was rude to his kid and made no effort to talk to us at all.

Still, it was good to play with Goughy. He hit the ball very well for the most part and only a few big hooks which he was worried about all day... He made a sensational par on the last from the creek too to pip me by 2 points. My ball disappeared from the path down the left side of 18 after a couple of people coincidentally wandered through. Wasn't worth going back to the tee by that stage...

AndyP
17th September 2006, 08:21 PM
As I said in the chatroom, that would be a new course record due to the new hole in play. Correct?

goughy
17th September 2006, 08:28 PM
I guess you would be correct then ap.

I forgot about his routines. Man we were a mile behind at one stage. Almost furyk in his putting routine - he wouldn't set up to putt then back off, but he would read from every angle, place his ball back then go and read again. Then pick up his marker, double check then read again.

funny thing - on the 18th he smashed drive, almost left his second in the creek in a difficult position, looked, walked up to the green, looks around a while, walks back down, looks, then eventually hits ball along the ground into the left bunker.

G69, you got some serious evil eye while he was teeing off on the 16th. He backed off about 3 times. I think it was all vegas and I could do to stop from bursting out laughing.

goughy
17th September 2006, 08:33 PM
We scored well G, what can I say. Although, at least he was good for a conversation and when you hit a good shot (regardless of who) he acknowledged it. Not a peep from the other.

BrisVegas
17th September 2006, 08:33 PM
these guys are playing Pro ams for goodness sake. If they can't handle a bit of back ground noise from an adjoining green when they're on a tee box, they are gonna struggle if they ever get a gallery.

Jarro
18th September 2006, 05:28 AM
If Golfer69 was being an annoying, noisy prick then he should've just shut up !

peter_rs
18th September 2006, 06:16 AM
Thanks guys great day and good to see everyone again. I will post more when I get back from syd.

Bad luck shazza.

It doesn't surprize me that a pro shot 64. I left about 10 shots out there with the putter alone :(

Stoney
18th September 2006, 08:30 AM
Or not driving home at all?

My wife is currently in the latter styages of pregnancy and my phone goes with me EVERYWHERE and is NEVER turned off. If I'm going into a meeting or somewhere else I shouldn't have my phone on, I just tell people I'll have it on and why and they are fine with it.

My point exactly Moe.

Obviously some people have a twisted sense how important golf, work or anything else is compared to your family.

dc68
18th September 2006, 09:13 AM
Thanks for organising the day to Jaster and Goughy, thanks to my playing partners AP and Macca. Knew it was going to be a struggle when I three wacked our first hole. 32points with a wash on the last hole we played on the shortest par 4 on the course......:(. grumble grumble. Nice track but thought the greens could have been a bit quicker.

shazza_rs
18th September 2006, 09:16 AM
Just rang the club....

Peter_rs has won B grade.....

congrats .... picks up a golf bag..... the lady in the shop didn't know if he could swap it or not... we'll see.

AndyP
18th September 2006, 09:21 AM
With 37 points? Holy shit!

BrisVegas
18th September 2006, 09:22 AM
where does B grade start? I thought it was 0-9, 10-18, 19-27 ???

Congrats Peter_Rs. Bad luck AndyP, you must have been close to a prize too.

shazza_rs
18th September 2006, 09:25 AM
it must be 10-19 for B grade and then 20-27 for C grade... i thought it was a little weird too.

congrats anyways.... his golflink hasn't been updated though.

AndyP
18th September 2006, 09:29 AM
I got in the prizes too.

Best ‘A' Grade (0-13) Ross Hughes 37 pts on c/b ( city)
Runner up ‘A' Grade. Andrew Holden 37 pts (Nambour)
Best ‘B' Grade (14-19) Peter Hickey 37 pts ( Tmba)
Runner up ‘B' Grade. Brad Wheeler 36 pts on c/b ( city)

Damn those woeful bunker shots I had at the end...

That's my second prize from City, I go alright there. Last time it took me 7 months to collect.

Jarro
18th September 2006, 09:31 AM
Damn those woeful bunker shots I had at the end...

... not another bunker-disaster :shock:

Time to get out to the range and spend a bit of time in the sand Mr Holden :smt002

AndyP
18th September 2006, 09:36 AM
... not another bunker-disaster :shock:

Time to get out to the range and spend a bit of time in the sand Mr Holden :smt002
I had two great sand saves at the start, so I don't know what happened. What is this range thing you speak of??

goughy
18th September 2006, 05:51 PM
You picked up an overnight bag AP. Maybe you should arrange for peter rs to collect it for you when he picks his up. Waiting for me could be dangerous.

Pete, I won a golf bag in the pro-am 2 years ago off 12, so it would have been B grade I guess. Not trying to get your hopes up, but they did allow me to exchange it for credit (I had 3 bags at the time). Mine was only a pgf bag, but with the credit I only had to pay about an extra $10 to get my ping tour 60* wedge. So it was like $180 or $190. Pretty cool eh.

shazza_rs
18th September 2006, 05:54 PM
Pete has already talked to the pro shop.... he will be able to change the golf bag for credit in the pro shop.

I still don't get why people give away golf bags as prizes..... especially crappy ones.....

Grunt
18th September 2006, 06:00 PM
Because Shaz if you look at 90% of members their bag's are in pretty crap nick and a bag is a relatively easy high cost item, ie. one big prize. Amateur status might be a drama for giving vouchers straight out.

shazza_rs
18th September 2006, 06:01 PM
With 37 points? Holy shit!

Peter_rs_644 34pts

He won C grade with 34 points last year........ 2 wins in two years..... we might play there more often if i didn't hate the course so much. ;)

Grunt
18th September 2006, 06:02 PM
When is next years, I might be able to get a prize there :)

steverawlo
18th September 2006, 08:36 PM
It's probably an effective way to stop stuff getting flogged from your car actually. Who's going to approach a car with the door wide open, when they think the owner would be close around?

My missus reckons it sounds like something I would do.....

7.5 hrs in a Maccas carpark in a dodgy sort of area without losing anything. Guinness Book of Records worthy?

Let's face it - the old Laser is a piece of crap and there wasn't anything in it worth stealing. The Goodna locals probably thought someone had beaten them to the punch.

macleod
18th September 2006, 08:37 PM
some pics:
accept no substitutes.....
http://static.flickr.com/95/246383538_fcaa5a403e_b.jpg

dude, where's my mullet?!?
http://static.flickr.com/97/246384357_89a019fe8a_b.jpg

eye on the prize
http://static.flickr.com/95/246384666_3a3348e94a_o.jpg

goughy
18th September 2006, 09:08 PM
Something wrong with your camera macca? It's making my face look wider!

Moe Norman
18th September 2006, 09:43 PM
is Vegas checking out Goughy's butt?

Flowergirl
18th September 2006, 09:50 PM
Ah....so that was Goughy. Finally get to put a face to the name - nice to meet you Goughy:smt002
( hey - he's rather cute - or is that just a good photo?)

goughy
18th September 2006, 09:56 PM
Ah....so that was Goughy. Finally get to put a face to the name - nice to meet you Goughy:smt002
( hey - he's rather cute - or is that just a good photo?)

I retract my comments about the camera making my face look wider. Growl!!!

peter_rs
18th September 2006, 11:08 PM
goughy the bag is worth $170. I swapped the bag for a smoothie buggie last year instead

Rok31
19th September 2006, 12:41 AM
Obviously some people have a twisted sense how important golf, work or anything else is compared to your family.

Yes family is more important than golf Peter..you are right.

Which brings me to why I had to pull out...Sorry for the inconvenience that I caused whoever organised this fine event but at 4:27am on the day in question my lovely wife Deborah decided that this would be a good time for her water to break in her 35th week of pregnancy! :shock: Long story short...Missed the tee time, had a gorgeous baby girl at 5:05pm Sunday, Mum and baby doin great, might try and play golf again someday! :smile:

Hope you all enjoyed the day.

Paul.

goughy
19th September 2006, 07:33 AM
Long story short, jaster and I arranged this game, and if you'd turned up I'd have smacked you arround some. No need to apologise. Anyone who'd have thought otherwise would be a mug.

Congrats on your big win that day. Try and squeeze in golf while they are in hospital. It'll be the easiest way to get some in that they might not even know about ;)

BrisVegas
19th September 2006, 07:48 AM
Which brings me to why I had to pull out...Sorry for the inconvenience that I caused whoever organised this fine event but at 4:27am on the day in question my lovely wife Deborah decided that this would be a good time for her water to break in her 35th week of pregnancy! :shock: Long story short...Missed the tee time, had a gorgeous baby girl at 5:05pm Sunday, Mum and baby doin great, might try and play golf again someday! :smile:

Hope you all enjoyed the day.

Paul.

Paul - best excuse I've heard on ozgolf so far.... Good work. Look forward to meeting the newest rok. By they way, there's a thread about Gracie going at
http://ozgolf.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5796

PeteyD
19th September 2006, 08:04 AM
Paul,

Not born until 5:05 pm - plenty of time for golf before that! hehe;)

Congratulations! As Goughy said try and squish in some golf before they get home. Might be the last chance for a while!

Pete

terryand
19th September 2006, 08:19 AM
Yes family is more important than golf Peter..you are right.

Can't agree more and with Pete making such a fuss about it I can't work out why you would travel 2 hours away from a heavily pregnant wife :shock:

Congrats on the baby girl Paul.

Terry.

goughy
19th September 2006, 08:20 AM
OzG'ers are doing well at the pro-am. I won B grade 2 years ago, pete won C grade last year and AP won something too didn't ya. This year Pete wins B grade and AP runner-up in Agrade on countback.

We are all over this event. Surely it'll be another big year next year.

AndyP
19th September 2006, 08:24 AM
Pete wins B grade and AP runner-up in Agrade on countback.
No, that was the Amateur Classic in Feb last year. Eag's and I both won major prizes.

Overall, we have a good record in some of the big events.

markTHEblake
19th September 2006, 11:21 PM
would have liked to see you guys tell us which pro's you played with, some of us know a few of these guys - although it does seem these days I am more likely to know their dads instead. Matt Victorsen is John from Headlands son, little skinny dweeb like me, right? :)

Steve Jeffress one of the joint winners is someone to watch out for, his name is always up there. Great bloke too, i caddied in his group for 36 holes on the final day at Emerald Lakes when he finished 2nd or 3rd, and despite his position in the field he was happy to have a chat to get to know me during the round, and bought me a few beers afterwards too. Though a lot of them are complete basterds like you have seen too.

Some of those guys realise that they are indirectly employed by the amateurs in pro-ams (surely nobody thinks sponsors are marketing to the pro's) and really get involved with their group. Others just dont get it.

If it was me i would like to think i would reported that bloke to the PGA (easy to say when your not there!) Its not on what he is doing and for the good of his kid, and his own career he needs to be 'performance managed' on that stuff. I know that the PGA would definitely take a dim view as they are very conscious of their brand, and supporting the amateurs that play.

Great write up by the way and isnt it fantastic to see the rave reviews for the australias young gun rising star golf arkitechtursist

goughy
20th September 2006, 06:52 AM
Ours were Daniel Morrison, who's had a couple of wins recently, and Greg Smith, who I believe may be more so a club pro playing events within a driving distance.

BrisVegas
20th September 2006, 08:17 AM
Ours were Daniel Morrison, who's had a couple of wins recently, and Greg Smith, who I believe may be more so a club pro playing events within a driving distance.

It was interesting to hear that Daniel said he'd caddied on the PGA Tour previously. Interesting route into the professional ranks! At least you'd get a chance to see what the big guys do on and off the course.

AndyP
20th September 2006, 09:30 AM
dc, Macca and I had Eric Priestly in our group. After looking at some recent pro-am results, it looks like he is having a rough trot.

dc68
20th September 2006, 09:44 AM
Nice bloke Eric he used to be in the proshop at Pacific.

Leave it alone.:p

BrisVegas
20th September 2006, 10:11 AM
my lips are sealed.

steverawlo
20th September 2006, 11:43 AM
Iain and I played with Henry Epstein and another amateur. First impression - I thought he was a bit of a nob but overall he wasn't a bad bloke - pretty eccentric. Have a look at his website (www.henryepstein.com) and you'll see what I mean.

He holds a few meaningless world records for making a ball spin on his putter face and other crap like that. He did a few magic tricks with coins and a brass thingamajig in the clubhouse afterwards for Iain and I. Buggered if I know how he did it but he was very good.

terryand
20th September 2006, 12:24 PM
Henry played at Indro for awhile and is very full of himself....yeah a nob (and I know nobs ;) ) basically, right Moe, sure you would have been there when he was around.

Terry.