PDA

View Full Version : Legacy Open Golf Day - Middle Ridge - Sunday 27th August- 9:32 & 9:42am tee off

shazza_rs
1st August 2006, 08:29 PM
Hey,

Just recieved this flyer with my membership renewal.

Toowoomba Legacy Club's
Charity Open Golf Day

Trophies valued at $1575 (25 prizes, including A, B, C and Ladies all grade winners and runners up, NTP's and pro pins)

Open 18 Hole Single Stableford

Cost is $17 (includes pro pin entry and hot snacks)

Tee off times --------

9:32

Results
Shazza 38pts
Goughy 33pts
Pete 32pts

PeteyD
1st August 2006, 08:34 PM
I might be in this. HAve to check with the minister for internal affairs first.

goughy
1st August 2006, 08:42 PM
Bugger!!

jaster
1st August 2006, 09:14 PM
Pencil me in.....light pencil as given my current health state I am no chance..but I am so keen to get back into it :)

BrisVegas
2nd August 2006, 08:44 AM
hmmm. I wouldn't mind a trip to Woomby. Have to check my social calendar!

andylo
2nd August 2006, 09:00 AM
Pencil too :) Very very interested.

dc68
2nd August 2006, 09:31 AM
Hmmm if I could bum a lift (will throw in for petrol) I am a chance. My crap car would sh!t itself going up the range.

PeteyD
2nd August 2006, 09:35 AM
*****Cancelled*****

Wife is on nights that weekend so no golf for me :(

Keza_G
2nd August 2006, 09:47 AM
Shazzy... would this mean a night on the grog with POC ?

Will check the roster and see if I can bum a day off...

Keza

andylo
2nd August 2006, 09:50 AM
dc depends on the situation if I am going alone I can give you a lift :)

dc68
2nd August 2006, 09:54 AM
sweet alo that would be great. No speeding.

shazza_rs
2nd August 2006, 11:31 AM
Shazzy... would this mean a night on the grog with POC ?

Will check the roster and see if I can bum a day off...

Keza

quite possibly.... it is the sunday after the first round of club champs at royal and ancient though. Would have to go up after that.

jaster
2nd August 2006, 02:35 PM
Will we get a list started then?

1. Shazza_rs
2. Pete_rs
3. Jaster (More permanent pencil than before)
4. Brisvegas (Pencil)
5. DC68
6. Alo
7. Keza_G

goughy
2nd August 2006, 07:38 PM
I hate you all (sorry, but I can't be bothered clicking 'go advanced' so I can add emoticons to my comment, even though it has taken significantly more time to type out this explaination of why I haven't used emoticons!!)

PeteyD
2nd August 2006, 07:46 PM
Why can't you play Goughy?

AndyP
2nd August 2006, 07:47 PM
I must be due for another trip to the Woom, but not this particular weekend, as I will be due for a weekend off golf by then, unlike goughy who is overdue to actually play a round.

goughy
2nd August 2006, 08:04 PM
Why can't you play Goughy?

Work work work mate. 7 days atm. Last 2 games were at nambour with ap, jarro, chops and alo and Pacific with you and all the guys. Very sparse.

Andyp, city pro-am should be in mid-september. I was gonna use it as a warm up to my possible play at the champs. Jaster or I will post a thread about it soon I guess.

PeteyD
2nd August 2006, 08:20 PM
I was going to see if you could look after the little monsters so I could play ;) hehehe.

At least you should be making some money with all your work.

goughy
2nd August 2006, 08:35 PM
I wish.

I say drop them off anyway, robyn can look after them. I'm sure that would make her happy to have 4 kids to watch by herself ;)

PeteyD
2nd August 2006, 09:22 PM
You trying to get a divorce Goughy? :D

azza
2nd August 2006, 09:30 PM
Will we get a list started then?

1. Shazza_rs
2. Pete_rs
3. Jaster (More permanent pencil than before)
4. Brisvegas (Pencil)
5. DC68
6. Alo
7. Keza_G
8. Azza

Hopefully it's not a 6.30am tee-off though.

goughy
2nd August 2006, 09:42 PM
You trying to get a divorce Goughy? :D

I'd get in more golf. Tho, come to think of it, to pay the alimony I'd have to discover that missing day bewteen wednesday and thursday. That way I could work 8 days to pay for it.

BrisVegas
3rd August 2006, 08:12 AM
I'd get in more golf. Tho, come to think of it, to pay the alimony I'd have to discover that missing day bewteen wednesday and thursday. That way I could work 8 days to pay for it.

nah.... Give up working, they can't get blood out of a stone...:smt002

shazza_rs
3rd August 2006, 09:37 AM
Hopefully it's not a 6.30am tee-off though.

We can play at any time.... I was thinking about 9. That way we should be finished by 1 at the latest, it being a stableford afterall. That way you can all have enough time to get up to woomba and enough time to get home.

jaster
8th August 2006, 11:26 AM
Spewing :( Not going to be able to play in this guys I am sorry but the lovely wife has prior commitments for me. I'll try to get out of them but it's unlikely at this stage. Enjoy.

1. Shazza_rs
2. Pete_rs
3. Brisvegas (Pencil)
4. DC68
5. Alo
6. Keza_G
7. Azza

BrisVegas
8th August 2006, 11:28 AM
I'm out too sorry. After checking my social calendar, I'll save my trip up the hill for the ProAm.

1. Shazza_rs
2. Pete_rs
3. DC68
4. Alo
5. Keza_G
6. Azza

Keza_G
8th August 2006, 03:28 PM
quite possibly.... it is the sunday after the first round of club champs at royal and ancient though. Would have to go up after that.

You playing ? I'm gonna tee off at 630 then start work around 10am
(i guess) and then hopefully we might make that trip up the hill....

Is POC and Ma POC interested in looking after the kiddlywinks for the day ?
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
9am would be a great time...

1. Shazza_rs
2. Pete_rs
3. DC68
4. Alo
5. Keza_G (work roster pending)
6. Azza
7. Scotty_G (depending on Keza)

PeteyD
8th August 2006, 03:38 PM
If you can add 2 more kids I can make it :D ;)

dc68
10th August 2006, 10:51 AM
1. Shazza_rs
2. Pete_rs
3. Alo
4. Keza_G (work roster pending)
5. Azza
6. Scotty_G (depending on Keza)

Sorry guys I am going to have to can this and save my trip to woomba for
next month.:-(

AndyP
10th August 2006, 11:04 AM
You've made the right decision, dc. We're much nicer to play with than this bunch.......

shazza_rs
13th August 2006, 08:30 PM
Okay so who is still in for this.....?

1. Shazza_rs
2. Peter_rs
3. Alo
4. Keza_G ( work pending...)
5. Azza
6. Scotty_G ( depending on keza)

is this still right?

what time is everyone interested in teeing off?

azza
13th August 2006, 08:45 PM
I'm still in. Tee-off sometime around 8.30-ish if that suits everyone else.

shazza_rs
13th August 2006, 08:52 PM
sounds good.

I'll ring the club tomorrow to see whats available

goughy
14th August 2006, 07:01 PM
Might play myself and a mate of mine is interested. We might take spots 7 and 8.

shazza_rs
14th August 2006, 07:08 PM
keza is out...... scotty still might be able to make the trip

Keza_G
15th August 2006, 07:32 AM
1. Shazza_rs
2. Peter_rs
3. Alo
4. Keza_G out due to work roster
5. Azza
6. Scotty_G wont play without Keza
7. Goughy
8. Goughy's mate

azza
20th August 2006, 08:47 PM
1. Shazza_rs
2. Peter_rs
3. Alo
4. Keza_G out due to work roster
6. Scotty_G wont play without Keza
7. Goughy
8. Goughy's mate

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it up the range this weekend. Have an enjoyable round regardless !!

goughy
20th August 2006, 09:10 PM
1. Shazza_rs
2. Peter_rs
3. Alo
4. Goughy
5. Goughy's mate

Will they allow us a group of 5? Could tell them we're all single cappers and won't hold up play!

Only joking...

AndyP
21st August 2006, 09:16 AM
Does A-Lo have another round in Brisbane in the afternoon on this day?

shazza_rs
21st August 2006, 04:05 PM
Times are in.....

First tee time is 9:32, second is 9:42.

As Azza has pulled out there is one spot available.

Anyone else up for a mountain trip?

goughy
21st August 2006, 08:25 PM
Steve and I are looking forward to it. He hasn't played since may when he had his ACL reconstructed. Another ping boy too. And it wasn't even my fault.

peter_rs
24th August 2006, 10:40 AM
Great a group of ping ho's :)

Alo are you still in as I'm calling to drop the other spare spot....... If no other oz golfer wants it.

goughy
24th August 2006, 05:44 PM
Great a group of ping ho's :)

I didn't know Jarro was coming??? ;)

How ever you guys want to work it out with the 5 of us is ok with me and steve. If you guys and alo want to go in one group then steve and I will follow in the next, or whatever.

You have no idea how much steve and I are champing at the bit for this game. He hasn't played in months and it's been a while for me too.

In fact, I convinced him to join city last year so we could get out and play regular games together. In the last 1.75 years we've had like 3 games. All my fault too.

peter_rs
25th August 2006, 09:55 AM
goughy,

We are a group of 4 alo has dropped out. I have mored every one to the 9:34 time.

So we can all hack together..... I was hoping you could put shazza in her place goughy

goughy
25th August 2006, 05:58 PM
With my golf, I'll have to do it verbally. My nick-name in school wasn't motor-mouth for nothing.

Starting to get edgy now. Can't wait. Had a most massive swing change last week to try and remove my hook, which I developed to remove my slice. It's a bit like a metronome now, going one way then the other.

jaster
26th August 2006, 07:04 PM
Looks like I have got out of my commitment tomorrow so I could have played, if I was well enough which I am not :( I may come out for 9 or 18 just walking around to catch up with you guys though if I feel up to it.

BrisWesty
27th August 2006, 04:31 PM
So did you all have fun?

goughy
27th August 2006, 08:21 PM
Had an absolute ball Westy!

Happy with my result but jeeze did I leave some stuff out there. I'll go through it later and it will make your mind boggle!

In the end it was just the 3 of us. My mate had to pull out at the last minute (valid reason). I really enjoyed the day, even moreso for shazza and pete's sledgeing. It seems so natural from them that it almost goes un-noticed. They told me they were in 'polite' mode for me; I'd have loved to see them go fully fledged. Great company too. Really enjoyed the chat. It was the first game we've played and I'll be out there with ya's whenever I get the chance.

Shazza capped off what has been a great weekend for her. What should also be a ntp for her on the 16th (yes guys) where I got to see her 'birdie dance' although she should have also done it earlier on in the game. I won't steal her thunder - she can give you the rest of the wrap up.

What a strange day of golf for me. Some work with jaster at the range a couple of weeks ago seems to have paid dividends for my full swing. Once I realised I wasn't going to snap hook and aimed away from the trees on the right I was very happy with my results. I hit 4 trees in the first 3 holes for a par, 3 putt bogey and a bogey. Doh.

Here is the funny part of the game. 86 off the bat. 35 putts. 5 gir. 2/14 up and downs :oops: Just plain embarrasing.

How can I hit 5 gir and have 14 up and down attempts you may say? The par 5 14th is a double dogleg par 5. I hit choked down 3 wood too far straight, then a big drawn 5 iron around the corner to 1 foot off the right edge of the green. Putted it on and sunk the birdie. So for all intensive purposes it was a gir, but you could say it was an up and down as well.

I wish to pose another question. Say you are in the situation where you are chipping onto a green, and duff the chip. So you may have missed you're opportunity for an up and down. But now you are presented with another opportunity for an up and down. If, say, you chip onto the green the second time but 2 putt, would you count that as 2 missed up and downs?

Why this question? Because on 4 occasions that is exactly what I did today. 2nd hole left it short of the green, next one on then 2 putts. 6th hole chipped into a bunker, splashed out and 2 putted. 12th hole left my 80mtr 2nd 1mtr short of the green and flubbed my chip 2 feet short of the green, chipped on and 2 putted. 18th green was a repeat of the 12th hole, except 5 iron approach.

So if yes, then I finished with 86gross, 5gir, 2/18 up and downs and 35putts. See, I've found a way for my 86 to almost appear impressive (to me at least). Speaking to Jaster after the game he pointed out the 10 points to follow to improve 1. practice shortgame 2. practice shortgame 3. practice shortgame 4. practice shortgame 5. practice shortgame 6. practice shortgame 7. practice shortgame 8. practice shortgame 9. practice shortgame 10. practice shortgame

AndyP
27th August 2006, 08:26 PM
Glad to hear it was a good day. Looking forward to the trip up in a few weeks time.

I wish to pose another question. Say you are in the situation where you are chipping onto a green, and duff the chip. So you may have missed you're opportunity for an up and down. But now you are presented with another opportunity for an up and down. If, say, you chip onto the green the second time but 2 putt, would you count that as 2 missed up and downs?
If I expect to get up and down, then I count it. So potentially I can have an unsuccessful and successful up and down on the same hole.

goughy
27th August 2006, 08:33 PM
Then 2/18 just plain sux.

Just looking back over my post, how stoked was I to get out and play. That's just plain raving.

shazza_rs
28th August 2006, 07:44 AM
Had a great game of golf with some great company.... :)

I had a 88 gross for 38 points. Was enough to get runner up for A grade ladies. Scored a nice crystal vase.... now i just need someone to buy me flowers ;)

Was pretty happy with my game even after a terrible start.... pulled my drive straight left on the 1st, landed under one of the pine trees. The ball was in a position where i couldn't even get a swipe at it, took an unplayable.... still under the tree.... chip out backwards through a tiny gap.... smack a 3 wood to bout 60 metres off the green, chip on, 2 putts for a 1 pointer. :)

As goughy mentioned.... managed to pick up a NTP on the 16th. I skinnied a 9 iron into the upslope of the green and it managed to roll up to a back pin.... 49cm.... Won two beer glasses, they are pretty cool. Had a celebratory drink out of them last night.

Oh and we picked up a chook in the raffle. :)

Stoney
28th August 2006, 08:33 AM
Nice round again Shazz, can't wait for you to kick my butt in matchplay the way you are playing at the moment.

Oh and we picked up a chook in the raffle. :)

By the way do you need any tips on cooking that chook:-D

peter_rs
28th August 2006, 09:20 AM
Thats for the game guys,

after a good game on sat with a nudgee designed driver I was looking forward to this.... After hearing goughy tell stories of his problems with hooks I went and hit snappers on the first two holes.

I only missed my 5 iron once (the shaft shatterd during the sat round taking a divot in the 6th fairway at riverlakes). The long game wasn't that bad but put a wegde in my hand and I was screwed. I knifed 17 wedge shots. It got to a stage that I was laying up to a 9 iron or hitting into bunkers because it was safer.... Goughy and I had a hard race (for last &) to see who could miss the most up & downs, some where between our two short games would have been perfect. But I think I won :(.

Good work to shazza with another two rounds in a row under nett 70.

BrisVegas
28th August 2006, 09:33 AM
I only missed my 5 iron once (the shaft shatterd during the sat round taking a divot in the 6th fairway at riverlakes).

have you got DG Superlites in them still?? I heard rumours that they were a lot more fragile than DG's, but you're the first person I've heard of who's broken one.

Iain
28th August 2006, 09:42 AM
have you got DG Superlites in them still?? I heard rumours that they were a lot more fragile than DG's, but you're the first person I've heard of who's broken one.

But with the divot he takes, it's not all that surprising.....

peter_rs
28th August 2006, 09:45 AM
Yes BV DG SL S300

shazza_rs
28th August 2006, 09:56 AM
But with the divot he takes, it's not all that surprising.....

But the thing is that the ground was so hard where he was taking his shot from that he couldn't take a divot.:roll:

Iain
28th August 2006, 04:26 PM
But the thing is that the ground was so hard where he was taking his shot from that he couldn't take a divot.:roll:

Little birdie was telling me today he wasn't even taking a shot when it broke?? He spit the dummy after a shot and hit the ground, which is when it broke??

jaster
28th August 2006, 04:36 PM
Sounds like a couple of people need to concentrate in their short game for a few months. ;)

PeteyD
28th August 2006, 04:40 PM
not what I heard. Apparently he was actually taking a divot in a shot (or practice shot) at the time.

goughy
28th August 2006, 05:52 PM
I know but I'm not saying!

And that's an understatement Jaster. 14 over with those stats could have been easy single figures with a hacks game, but I didn't even bring a hacks short game along.