PDA

View Full Version : Moving to the Gold Coast

Davemason
12th August 2004, 05:22 PM
Hey guys

I've just been offered a job on the Gold Coast and I'm thinking of taking it ,It will mean moving from Coral Cove about 5hrs drive north of the GoldCoast.

Can any one suggest a good GC to join and where on the coast is a good place to rent (not to flashy as I still have a mortgage to pay off ,untill I sell it, a bit of a pain to sell it as it looks over the 10th green at Coral Cove only about 80mts away from my back deck)
If any one can help guide me in the right direction it would be great

Dave

Jarro
12th August 2004, 05:30 PM
Dave..

sorry, but i can't help you with your inquiries about Golf Clubs to join and where to rent etc. ......

.. but i can WELCOME you to sunny Queensland :smt038 \:D/ :smt023

Davemason
12th August 2004, 05:55 PM
.. but i can WELCOME you to sunny Queensland

Thanks but I've been a Qeenslander all my life Coral Cove is north of the Gold Coast it is near Bundaberg.

Jarro
12th August 2004, 05:59 PM
Er.. umm, :oops:

lets make that .. WELCOME to sunny Brisbane and outer regions :wink:

Onewood
12th August 2004, 06:00 PM
Welcome to south east queensland :D forgive jarro, he's never been out of brisbane :lol: :lol:

Jarro
12th August 2004, 06:06 PM
Welcome to south east queensland :D forgive jarro, he's never been out of brisbane :lol: :lol:

why would i wanna leave paradise :smt060

cazandpaul
12th August 2004, 07:03 PM
Dave - send us a PM with what you are looking for and in what area - Caz is a property manager and should be able to help. As for golf courses there is a range of members courses with fees to suit any budget and depending on where you live and work.

Paul

gazgolf1
12th August 2004, 07:10 PM
Dave,
Blakey is the man to talk to regarding clubs on the Goldie,he can probably steer you into a pair of golf shoes with that flappy thing hangin over the laces if you ask him nicely too. :wink:

But seriously :roll: ,
Burleigh is super nice as are Coolangatta/Tweed,Southport and Surfers is OK too.These tracks might be a bit exxy.
Next step down would be courses like Helensvale,Emerald Blakes and The GC country club.

As far as places to live there are heaps of units on the coast but where the cheapies are......can't help ya.I moved to Brissie 12 yrs ago and what was scrub then is housing development now.
Best of luck,welcome to SE Qld and no matter what Blakey says buying golf stuff is fun. 8)

markTHEblake
12th August 2004, 07:58 PM
mate, the gold coast is a fairly big place now. Covers Beenleigh to Murwillimbah to Canungra. You will probably want to live and play somewhat near where you will be working, which is where?

Rents and Golf clubs differ quite a bit depending on where you want to go.
Around $170 will get you a 2BR box in nerang. a few bucks more for a studio near the beach. Around $500pa is membership at a 9 holer like Boomerang farm. How much above that do you want to go? $800 to $5000 is the typical range of membership here, with joining fees from $0 to $40,000.

As for when you are ready finance a place, gimme a call, and i can set you up with the best loan. (i am not a shoe salesman)

damoocow
12th August 2004, 09:30 PM
Bet you can't wait to get away from Bundaberg Dave ! - a horrible , horrible place - isn't the 10th at C/Cove that tricky little par 3 ? - intersting course up there - I assume the market for houses still slow up there?
damoocow

Fishman Dan
13th August 2004, 08:45 AM

You keep telling yourself that ;)

GO THE BLUES!!!

Jarro
13th August 2004, 08:50 AM

.. says he who has thoughts about moving up here :roll:

Davemason
13th August 2004, 04:49 PM
Bet you can't wait to get away from Bundaberg Dave ! - a horrible , horrible place - isn't the 10th at C/Cove that tricky little par 3 ? - intersting course up there - I assume the market for houses still slow up there?
damoocow

Yep been here to long( 35 yrs to long) and yes the 10th is a par 3 but they have done a lot of work and the veiw from my place is magic I look over the 10th green and over the water to the 18th and the 9th fairway and the rest fo the course in the distance .

Davemason
13th August 2004, 04:57 PM
mate, the gold coast is a fairly big place now. Covers Beenleigh to Murwillimbah to Canungra. You will probably want to live and play somewhat near where you will be working, which is where?

I'll be base at Molendinar but work mostly the north side of the Goldie from Surfers up to Beenleigh

I'm just going to rent a shit hole until my place sells and then buy a block and build. when that time comes I'll give you a call.

markTHEblake
16th August 2004, 09:45 PM
These courses are in your area, decent blue collar class mobs.

Emerald Lakes
Gold Coast Country Club
Parkwood
Helensvale.

Those three range from $800-1000pa. GCCC has no nomination fee and always run some sort of special. right now its a free set of clubs.

If you have high expectations for a course standard, start thinking about $2000 for a nomination fee and at least $1400pa.

as for finding a place to live plenty in around Molendinar and west. Obviously the closer to the beach the more expensive it gets.

Golfgirl
17th August 2004, 02:08 PM

For the record - I would move back to SE Qld in a heartbeat.... :roll:

markTHEblake
17th August 2004, 11:21 PM

might as well, all the brass monkeys moved up here years ago.

Jarro
18th August 2004, 02:44 AM

do i detect a hint of homesickness :wink: