PDA

View Full Version : 950r price check

jaster
1st August 2006, 03:35 PM
Alright guys, not sure where this should have went but here will do.

What is the RRP for a 905R?

A completed eBay search seems to indicate that over $400 is the 2nd hand price but I just want to confirm before I decide anything ;) if this the going rate or too high?

Alternatively does anyone have a Titleist account and can hook me up? :p

peter_rs
1st August 2006, 07:28 PM
Jaster you can get the 905R for $450 new on the gold coast ($400 if you talk a good deal).

Rare combos such as a V2 with a 7.5* head are worth $400 second hand but common gear is a bit cheaper at $350 second hand.

Good luck hunting

jaster
1st August 2006, 07:31 PM
Thanks mate..OMG that is cheap...which shop!!!!???

shazza_rs
1st August 2006, 07:54 PM
addam smiths old store.....

PM him....

We can't remember the name of the store..... maybe someone on here can help

jaster
1st August 2006, 07:56 PM
Hmm....he has't been around for ages actually. Hope he is ok? Anyone know?

BrisVegas
1st August 2006, 08:07 PM
Golfer's Paradise at Bundall. I think it's morphed into a GolfWorks now though....

Anyone sighted addam lately???

jaster
1st August 2006, 08:08 PM
Ta BV

Jarro
1st August 2006, 08:08 PM
perci was talking to him a couple of weeks ago, i think he has a lot on his plate at the moment.

I'm sure he's OK though

jaster
1st August 2006, 09:01 PM
Thanks Jarro, does perci offer a full installation service yet?

Webster
1st August 2006, 09:07 PM
jaster get a 905T instead. the R is for crap players (like Jarro). Buy a T and save yourself a bundle.

jaster
1st August 2006, 09:10 PM
I have a 905S that I like Jack...just not sure of the shaft anymore as I have lost a heap of strength through the chemo. Maybe I should save some $$ and get it reshafted.

Any suggestions on a shaft for a prechemo *edited* 110mph swinger?

Current shaft is a Tour Spec Fuji 869

Webster
1st August 2006, 09:16 PM
only 100mph? Maybe and NV 65

jaster
1st August 2006, 09:17 PM
Sorry what I meant was 110mph prechemo...prob 100mph now.

What about the V2? or I was even thinking of a Ys6 maybe?

leighthebee
1st August 2006, 09:45 PM
I have a 905S that I like Jack...just not sure of the shaft anymore as I have lost a heap of strength through the chemo. Maybe I should save some $$ and get it reshafted.

Any suggestions on a shaft for a prechemo 100mph swinger?

Current shaft is a Tour Spec Fuji 869

aldila nvs orange, if you were swinging it at 100mph pre chemo and are not as quick these days

jaster
1st August 2006, 09:47 PM
Sorry leighthebee it was 110mph not 100mph based on data from a couple of launch monitors I tried. Average carry was around 240m. I am a pretty high launcher when swinging normal so I am not sure if the NVS would suit as I heard it is pretty high launching?

3oneday
1st August 2006, 10:51 PM
I am not sure if the NVS would suit as I heard it is pretty high launching?bad shaft for an R or T, not so bad for an S. Just higher spin. I played with a scratch marker on Sunday who used an 8.5° FT-3 with NVS, pure ball flight. I used to hate the shaft, but after a few rounds, I can live with it. That's at about 105mph I think. VS Proto is good too though ;)

Pete

jaster
1st August 2006, 11:03 PM
So for around $100 (or less) Pete what would you say? Got any driver pullouts lying around? I still think I could go X but I am man enough to know S would work well also in most except the softest shafts. The 905S I have has been customed to be reshafted at the same depth as a TM driver with the plug glued so reshafting it should be a breeze for someone with some skill :)

BrisVegas
2nd August 2006, 08:39 AM
Why not look at an "S" flex V2 or Graf blue?? They're both cheap-ish, esp. the Blue.

These two shafts wouldn't play as stiff in your 905S because they're not fully inserted.

The other question is, do you wanna have to reshaft it in 6 months time when you're busting them out there at 110mph again?? I could live with having a shaft a touch too stiff, but lightweight enough to still get it around for the time being.

jaster
2nd August 2006, 09:05 AM
Thanks Dion, I was thinking about just a 6month thing myself while I hopefully get stronger and healthier (that's the plan anyway). A reshaft doesn't really concern me too much and I am thinking that within 6months the latest and greatest is probably out again :)

I'll have a game and another few range sessions with the big girl before I decide for sure but I feel the 869 may just be too much for me at the moment as I was shocked how much strength I appear to have lost with this round of chemo. It was expected but still a shock :(

leighthebee
2nd August 2006, 01:42 PM
i'm of the opposite opinion. play the weakest possible shaft you can control.

if your a high launcher, then the NVS aint the way to go.