PDA

View Full Version : Athens Olympics

Courty
12th August 2004, 05:08 PM
I'm surprised noone has picked up this ball and run with it yet :?

There are many questions floating around in the lead-up to the big kick-off in less than 48 hrs.

- Will Jana Pittman heal in time to run/ win a medal?
- Will Phelps tear up the pool, or get sunk by the Thorpedo?
- Will the whole shebang be a disaster in the wake of the poor preparations?
- Will Roy & HG repeat the success of the original 'Dream' or has the concept become a bit stale? (I heard they have replaced Fatso the fat-arsed wombat with Sargeant Bastard the Dingo :roll: )
or one that has been bugging me for a while:
- Will we see swimming world records revoked because of 'wind assistance' now that the Greeks decided to leave the roof off the pool?

Thoughts :?:

McMw
12th August 2004, 05:14 PM
I'm only waiting for the WALK, to see if that aussie gal (can't remember her name) can win the gold this time...

but yeah...back of my mind...can't help thinking something's gonna go wrong... :(

Jarro
12th August 2004, 05:21 PM
i'm actually hoping that Phelps kicks Thorpes arse .. getting sick of seeing that lame attempt at a beard on telly :roll: :evil:

Ona
12th August 2004, 06:35 PM
McMc I dont think she's fast enough now that her action is legal.. hopefully im wrong tho

goughy
12th August 2004, 06:55 PM
Was there an olympics on?? Bugger. I must have missed it. When did all this occur. I didn't see any of the usual hype that we had for sydney.

damoocow
12th August 2004, 09:25 PM
Australia is the drug cheat capital of the world - I am cheering for us to lose each and every event- and next time an athlete says this medal is for Australia it should be taken off them and put on display somewhere and the athlete should never touch it again - after all it was not for them but for Australia.
damoocow

jaster
12th August 2004, 09:52 PM
Australia is the drug cheat capital of the world - I am cheering for us to lose each and every event- and next time an athlete says this medal is for Australia it should be taken off them and put on display somewhere and the athlete should never touch it again - after all it was not for them but for Australia.
damoocow

Like every other country isn't on something :roll: Just cause our media are a bunch of wankers doesn't mean they are telling the truth. Has any of our cyclists that have won gold actually tested positive to anything other than vitamins?
It's a disgrace that our media continue to bag our athletes, other countries would never allow this to happen as it would be an embarrassment to national pride and the face of the nation...WE HAVE NO SHAME :cry:

damoocow
12th August 2004, 10:20 PM
Jaster - go and have some equine growth hormone and a good lie down - you are getting overstressed !
damoocow

jaster
12th August 2004, 10:24 PM
umm..ok

Fishman Dan
13th August 2004, 08:37 AM
I'm with you Jaster - Damo, of all people.... "don't believe the hype..."

Can't wait - I really love watching the Olympics, regardless of how Australians perform.

Not looking forward to 100's of hours of Channel 7 "Postcards from Greece" and other soft-focus $hite, but SBS is thankfully on the ball. Hopefully they get the hint with several other years of poor coverage and get it right this time - i.e. Mute button for McAveney.

Jarro
13th August 2004, 08:45 AM
why don't we just allow drugs in sport to be legal .... let 'em go for it, each and every one of them.... then we don't have to worry about who takes them/who doesn't :?

Then we'd see some pretty sexy looking female athletes =P~

3oneday
13th August 2004, 08:50 AM
- Will Jana Pittman heal in time to run/ win a medal?
- Will Phelps tear up the pool, or get sunk by the Thorpedo?
- Will the whole shebang be a disaster in the wake of the poor preparations?
- Will Roy & HG repeat the success of the original 'Dream' or has the concept become a bit stale? (I heard they have replaced Fatso the fat-arsed wombat with Sargeant Bastard the Dingo :roll: )
or one that has been bugging me for a while:
- Will we see swimming world records revoked because of 'wind assistance' now that the Greeks decided to leave the roof off the pool?

Thoughts :?:

no
yes probably, but yes probably
no
yes probably, no
highly unlikely.

Fishman Dan
13th August 2004, 09:18 AM
Then we'd see some pretty sexy looking female athletes =P~

Especially the ones with the really low voices and covered head to toe in body hair :?

Fishman Dan
16th August 2004, 01:32 PM
Needless to say, i am loving the Olympics.

Few comments;

Channel 7's Day 1 coverage - Awesome. Showed sport all day.

Channel 7's Day 2 Coverage - Great... until Prime-time. Then endless freaking replays of our 2 gold medals, soft-focus dribble. Time after time.... Save it for the non-Greece daylight shift please?!

SBS Coverage - Thank god for SBS. They just get on with the job. :smt023

I really don't like hearing that "We're in 2nd position on the medal tally". I like to think that at the end of the day that countries aren't competing against each-other, there is no prize for 1st/2nd/3rd. It's just a tally... Besides, once the gymnastics and athletics medals start rolling in, we've got nuthin'!

Left the TV on last night and woke up with annoying loud shrieking of Softball. It's 3am, flicked to channel 7 to see Petria turn, chase and overtake de Bruin for gold. Awesome - and being that we know Petria's sister (who is over there watching) made it feel even better... =D>

Onewood
16th August 2004, 01:54 PM
So it's OK to see replays of someone you know :wink: :D

Fishman Dan
16th August 2004, 01:57 PM
So it's OK to see replays of someone you know :wink: :D

Hey, i saw it live, and got that warm fuzzy feeling we all love. Mind you, for those who missed it, i think you'll get your chance in the next couple of weeks to see it once or twice... :roll:

Onewood -> :smt064 <- Any of us