PDA

View Full Version : Titty TS Drivers

oldracer
19th October 2018, 08:24 PM
Having a froffie at my new club and the lads have just had a Titty fitting day and many are raving anout the new TS drivers, extra 6mph swing speed and 15 meters of carry from the trainee!!!!! Anyone onto these and experiencing this phenominal increase in performance????

3oneday
19th October 2018, 08:56 PM
Isn’t there a thread already?

TheNuclearOne
19th October 2018, 09:45 PM
6mph extra SS is hard to believe. Ballspeed maybe but you wouldn't be overly well fitted previously.

Stuart
19th October 2018, 10:33 PM
My experiences (anecdotally and from observation) is that some people are indeed seeing significant improvements in ball speed. However, every single one of these has been from a ‘Titleiest loyalist’ who was previously using a 917 model. I haven’t seen anyone coming from a properly fitted M1-M4, Rogue, Epic, G400 etc who are seeing massive differences.The new TS drivers are excellent, but from what I’ve seen, this only means that they are now comparable in terms of distance to Ping, Taylormade, Callaway, Cobra etc. They may be slightly longer for certain individuals, but for me, nothing has outperformed the Rogue Sub-Zero. Does this mean everyone should use it? Nope - its just that it works best for me. Try the TS range out, but don’t expect it to be significantly different to any other top range model.

spanner039
20th October 2018, 06:51 AM
Just as there was a huge jump on the pga tour just a couple of years ago when Nike folded and there staff had to get something decent, so yes believable. Sounds like they got the new range nailed.

oldracer
20th October 2018, 07:46 AM
6mph extra SS is hard to believe. Ballspeed maybe but you wouldn't be overly well fitted previously. He did say SS but yes, sure he meant ball speed. This is possibly the second fitting day at this club so I would imagine it’s the first driver fitting most would of had.

Captain Nemo
20th October 2018, 08:26 AM
https://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php/54085-Titleist-TS-2-and-3-drivers

TheNuclearOne
20th October 2018, 09:13 AM
He did say SS but yes, sure he meant ball speed. This is possibly the second fitting day at this club so I would imagine it’s the first driver fitting most would of had.

Fair enough. I've seen a couple of trainee's not overly fit well myself.

JoeS
20th October 2018, 04:05 PM
I don't seem to be able to past my 915d3.A few people have told me that their is better out their,but I just like the black head and sound.I would give a mizuno a go though

Kriso
21st October 2018, 10:23 AM
Had a belt of one at local store. Did not see dramatic numbers like that but very nice sound off face and a very straight driver once you dial it in. I am around 108 mph swing and centred shots got out to 280 quite consistantly, quite forgiving for a titleist driver. Only tried TS2 though.

benno_r
6th November 2018, 06:16 PM
No better than the dreaded 915 it would seem:

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/sign-of-the-times-tiger-woods-vaults-past-jordan-spieth-in-world-ranking

okitoki
6th November 2018, 07:01 PM
was able to grab the TS2 after my Saturday game... was hitting my Epic SZ pretty well during the day.

Seems nice to hit; feels a little more "livelier" than the 917 previously, but not "wow" compare to my Epic or M1