PDA

View Full Version : Fake 695mb?

braddles
28th July 2006, 07:17 PM
There is a set of Titleist 695mb irons on ebay at the moment that look like fakes. The finish doesn't look right (looks like half satin, but that could just be the light). The set also comes with a sand wedge - I am pretty sure there isn't one available.

The seller looks legit - maybe it is a rare tour set?

I won't post a link, but it should be pretty easy to find.

What do you guys think?

Brad

3oneday
28th July 2006, 07:48 PM
Brad, seller doesn't look legit to me, if you look at what he has sold, ie no golf clubs !!!

No pics of the shafts, no mention of the sand wedge on the titleist site.... to save time, here is the link http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Titleist-Forged-695MB-mint-condition-Irons-set-3-SW_W0QQitemZ140012571239QQihZ004QQcategoryZ36219QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Nudgee has a set, he might be better to judge, but why would they have a sand wedge anyway, they sell wedges to compliment their sets :shock:

Might be real, but too suss for me to touch.

3oneday
28th July 2006, 07:52 PM
I just sent him a note asking about their authenticity, and referring him to the Titleist site. I also asked for the specs on the "carbon" shaft. See what happens I guess.

braddles
28th July 2006, 07:57 PM
I bought Nudgee's set - I get to try them tomorrow!

I thought they were fake the first time I saw them. The faces look different to my set - grooves look much darker. The numbers on the soles also look slightly different.

What are the odds the Callaway's are also fake?

Hopefully nobody on this site bids!

Brad

3oneday
28th July 2006, 08:31 PM
I bought Nudgee's set - I get to try them tomorrow!

I thought they were fake the first time I saw them. The faces look different to my set - grooves look much darker. The numbers on the soles also look slightly different.

What are the odds the Callaway's are also fake?

Hopefully nobody on this site bids!

Bradbloody makes it hard if there are fake 695's out already !!! :p

leighthebee
28th July 2006, 10:06 PM
man...if they are fake, they are good fake.....

the sand wedge is curious...as you say, none exists, and the shafts are also curious as graphite shafts are very unusual in a muscleback.

i would be very dubious. if you get no reply to a query, then it looks pretty dodgy.

3oneday
29th July 2006, 01:24 AM
He replied, and has ended the auction. He said he has told the guy he is selling them for to provide him a receipt to prove they are real before he will sell them again, so maybe he is a legit sorta guy.

I have asked after I got his reply, if I could come and have a look at them as I am intrigued to see what they are really like.

Pete

AndyP
29th July 2006, 09:07 AM
The ebay police strike again.

Falcon
29th July 2006, 10:49 AM
Definately fake!

Look at the two-tone finish on the back and the SW :shock:

Half chrome and half satin... last time i saw 695MB they were all chrome.

Chris32
31st July 2006, 09:22 AM
He also had/has a fake 905T for sale too

goonie
2nd August 2006, 11:46 AM
Looks very dodgy,
Black paint filled grooves, two tone finish, SW, graphite shafts, different style numbers on the soles and the shape of the short irons doesn't look right.

3oneday
2nd August 2006, 11:56 AM
I never heard back from the seller after he told me he would end them, must be dodgy....

Ferrins
20th August 2011, 04:46 PM
There is a set of these fakes at Cashies in the Valley. 3-sw with graphite shafts

BrisVegas
20th August 2011, 05:21 PM
There is a set of these fakes at Cashies in the Valley. 3-sw with graphite shafts

did you buy em?

Ferrins
20th August 2011, 05:25 PM
No as they did not pass my quality control, shaft flex was inconsistent and finish was rough. Grips were dodgy and didn't think there would be a sw. At $89 some idiot will buy them.