PDA

View Full Version : Animal woodcovers

amanda
12th August 2004, 03:39 PM
Here is the info since that post was lost:

The company that makes animal woodcovers:
http://www.daphnesheadcovers.com

The ebay guy who has super-cheap shipping to Australia (max $US4 :shock: )
http://cgi6.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&since=-1&sort=3&rows=25&userid=lonesome_rich

I've ordered the Gopher - was posted yesterday and should take 4-7 working days to get here from the US.

McMw
12th August 2004, 04:35 PM
thanks amanda - saved me from PM you...

have you been charged yet??? be interested to know if there was any other hidden cost...if not...sweet...I'll pitch the idea to a couple of mates who might want some as well... :wink:

amanda
12th August 2004, 06:40 PM
Mau - should turn up on my statement tomorrow or Monday. I paid via Paypal so I'm not sure how they could charge me hidden costs.

amanda
15th August 2004, 10:21 AM
Mau - the headcover came through on my credit card yesterday - $US16.94 = A$24.40. No extra charges.

Hopefully the cover will arrive on Wednesday or Thursday.

Jarro
15th August 2004, 10:36 AM
wow ... that's pretty cheap :shock:

hope it arrives OK amanda, let us know :wink:

McMw
16th August 2004, 12:55 AM
Mau - the headcover came through on my credit card yesterday - $US16.94 = A$24.40. No extra charges.

Hopefully the cover will arrive on Wednesday or Thursday.

cheers amanda...that's all I wanted to know!!! :lol:
CHAMPION!!! :wink:

Jono
16th August 2004, 05:57 PM
I got one. Couldn't resist. :lol:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=3693291817&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT

It arrived in the mail today (that is very quick for overseas shipping!). A bit heavy but the quality is top class. My godson's 2nd birthday is coming up, so if I don't like it on the course, I'll give it to him as a present. I'll say it's a hand puppet ... :wink:

Onewood
16th August 2004, 06:40 PM
Nice looking puppy :D

I thought a pussy would have suited you better though :lol: :lol:

Jono
16th August 2004, 06:58 PM
Oooo ... that sounds like a challenge. Bring your driver and your best two piece ball. High noon. Driving range. Let's see who is the real pussy ... :lol:

BTW, my big dog says it's MR Puppy to you ... 8)

Onewood
16th August 2004, 07:06 PM
Actually my head cover is a big pussy :D (lion) that would eat mr puppy :wink: :D

Jarro
16th August 2004, 07:18 PM
.. cut the pussy-talk boys .... this is a family forum [-X

Golfgirl
16th August 2004, 09:14 PM
The gopher looks cool Amanda... 8)

Think the puppy and the pussy headcovers must come with extra testerone though..... :lol: :wink:

markTHEblake
16th August 2004, 10:29 PM
Do they have any Jarro head covers?

or is that a simple paper bag job.

Jarro
17th August 2004, 03:02 AM

watchit Hercules.

amanda
17th August 2004, 08:09 AM
It arrived in the mail today (that is very quick for overseas shipping!). A bit heavy but the quality is top class. My godson's 2nd birthday is coming up, so if I don't like it on the course, I'll give it to him as a present. I'll say it's a hand puppet ... :wink:

Jono - that was quick! I checked my mail yesterday and it hadn't arrived yet :( When did you order it?

Jono
17th August 2004, 10:16 AM
I ordered mine last Thursday, I think. The postage says it cost US $8.50 so the seller is making a loss on the shipping ... :shock:

I am surprised at the quality of the material used. However, beware. The oversize cover is BIG. It nearly fills up the whole bag.

amanda
18th August 2004, 04:34 PM
The Gopher has arrived! :D

I paid $2.95 shipping, but on the post bag it says the guy paid $5.30 - so he's losing money on shipping - and the headcovers are 60% of the price you see elsewhere - a bloody bargain!

I have some pictures of the cover - but I don't have anywhere to host them. PM if you want a look.

I'll try and re-size one and make it my avatar.

McMw
18th August 2004, 05:12 PM
that's good news Amanda...very good news...

I'll have to see what Jean wants for her new Ping driver, and what I want for my new driver too... :D

can I use ur as a reference??? :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

amanda
18th August 2004, 06:20 PM
can I use ur as a reference??? :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No problems Mau :D

kwantfm
18th August 2004, 06:48 PM
Nice avatar Amanda... think I'm going to have to get in on this animal woodcover bandwagon!

AndyP
18th August 2004, 08:57 PM
Forget the woodcover, who's the stunner in the avatar with the gopher?
:smt103 :smt118 :smt007 :smt054 :smt055 :smt049 :smt060 :wink: :mrgreen:

Ummm....so is Brad a big guy? 8-[

CobraSS
18th August 2004, 09:00 PM

Doesn't matter how big he is Andy, we'll just get your wife to beat you up. :lol:

amanda
18th August 2004, 09:30 PM

6'3" :D

Ona
18th August 2004, 09:46 PM

Doesn't matter how big he is Andy, we'll just get your wife to beat you up. :lol:

thats so funny it hurts :smt062 :smt005

Jono
18th August 2004, 11:26 PM
What the ... ?!#? Where is you find your avatar Onabreak? Is that trophy for real? :shock:

kwantfm
19th August 2004, 07:49 AM
Onabreak's avatar IS for real... it's one of the funniest sports photographs ever!

amanda
19th August 2004, 01:09 PM
I got an email from the guy and he is thinking of changing his shipping charge to what it actually costs him - somewhere between US$5.30 (for a standard size cover) and $9 (for an oversized cover 400cc+).

Right now he's only charged about US$3-5.

It's still cheaper through this guy than anywhere in Australia - even with increased shipping charges - but it's a bargain right now :D

Jarro
19th August 2004, 04:46 PM
thanks Amanda 8)

gopher looks cool, i'll look into getting something for the R7 for sure.

How big is the opening for the driver head :?: I remember seeing Onewoods Lion headcover the other day.. and the open end of the cover was way too big.. so it kept falling off :(

nice pic by the way :wink:

amanda
19th August 2004, 06:34 PM
How big is the opening for the driver head :?: I remember seeing Onewoods Lion headcover the other day.. and the open end of the cover was way too big.. so it kept falling off :(

The opening is quite large - if you look inside the cover, there seems to be a narrower elasticised part that keeps the cover on the club head.

Jono might be able to answer your question better as he has an over-sized cover - the same size you'd need for a R7.

Jarro
19th August 2004, 07:06 PM
so your's isn't the oversized one then Amanda :?

man.. that thing is huge :shock:

Jono, how big is the oversized version mate :?:

Jono
19th August 2004, 08:32 PM
My Bernese oversize cover is ... BIG. I just got my Ashton driver glued up today, and at 460cc, the cover fits pretty loosely over it. On my SMT Spectrum which is 391cc, it feels like the cover will fall off if used with a carry bag. I don't know how big the R7 is, but anything under 430cc, I'd go for the regular size cover.

BTW, my bag is nearly set. Just waiting on the Wishon 60 degree wedge and a couple of hybrids.

CobraSS
19th August 2004, 09:19 PM
where you get your wedge and driver head, jono?

McMw
20th August 2004, 12:24 AM
I don't know how big the R7 is, but anything under 430cc, I'd go for the regular size cover.

the r7 is 400cc...

if u read the guys listing - it actually tells you wat size to go for...

Jono
20th August 2004, 05:25 AM
where you get your wedge and driver head, jono?

From the man himself ... Terence Kwan. :wink:

In fact, Terence has been the major driving force (and the supplying force) behind my recent bag change. :lol:

3oneday
20th August 2004, 08:31 AM
Jono and Amanda,

Do you reckon we could try Amandas headcover on a 400cc head when you guys are at ???? (up the coast). I have about three of these oversize, some are too heavy, too small, want one that fits an R7.

Pete

amanda
20th August 2004, 08:31 AM
so your's isn't the oversized one then Amanda :?

man.. that thing is huge :shock:

Not really - I've just got a small head! I suppose if you went for an animal with lots of protrusions (e.g. an elephant) it could get pretty huge!

amanda
20th August 2004, 08:34 AM
Do you reckon we could try Amandas headcover on a 400cc head when you guys are at ???? (up the coast). I have about three of these oversize, some are too heavy, too small, want one that fits an R7.

Pete - I'll see if I can try my cover on a few drivers in the pro-shop tomorrow before my round. On the tag it says a standard cover should fit up to 400cc (but the website says 360cc). I'll give you an update on Sunday morning.

I tried to fit it on Brad's Deep Bore (455cc) - definitely wouldn't fit!

3oneday
20th August 2004, 10:18 AM
thanks Amanda.

Jarro
20th August 2004, 02:18 PM
just saw the gopher in my local HOG.

$59.95. good quality too.. pretty heavy duty :)

markTHEblake
20th August 2004, 02:56 PM
Is this Ozgolf or Ozfashion....

will the next thing be a thread on Golfer96's new trousers.

amanda
21st August 2004, 08:12 PM
Pete - took the Gopher into the pro shop today and tried him on a couple of different clubs - mine is 270cc so it fits no worries. He fits on a 360cc and right up to a 400cc (Cleveland Launcher 400cc).

A guy at the club wants me to order him 2 Bear covers - can you believe he doesn't have the internet :shock: (and he's going to give me the money before I make the order).

Terence was interested in getting a Tiger - if you're after one - I can get free shipping on 4 covers or more and I can bring them to the Shellharbour day.

Jono
21st August 2004, 08:30 PM
Terence was interested in getting a Tiger - if you're after one - I can get free shipping on 4 covers or more and I can bring them to the Shellharbour day.

The way Tiger's been hitting his driver lately, I'd think twice before getting a Tiger headcover. "Fore right!" :wink:

amanda
22nd August 2004, 08:08 PM
I just checked the guy's Ebay listings - the postage for International Bidders is not there anymore - have to contact the guy for rates. If he goes on cost, then it should be US$5.30 for a standard size cover and US$8.50 for an oversize.

But if we order 4 or more, the shipping is free - but it should only cost be A$4.30 to express post the cover to you if anyone is interested in going in bulk.

kwantfm
22nd August 2004, 08:41 PM
Amanda,

Let me know if others want to go ahead... I'll be interested in getting a few.

Cheers,
Terence

kwantfm
22nd August 2004, 09:16 PM
Just had a look at the Daphnes headcover site and was blown away by these covers.

Amanda, if people are going to go ahead then I'll order three:

1. Oversize Rottweiler;
2. Border collie; and
3. Husky.

Cheers,
Terence

Jarro
23rd August 2004, 10:11 AM
I'll get one for sure. I'll let Amanda know which one soon 8)

amanda
23rd August 2004, 01:09 PM
After checking with the guy about stock - he doesn't have the Husky or Border Collie. Terence - were you still after the Rottweiler?

This is a list of what he does have:
http://members.ebay.com/ws2/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=lonesome_rich

He's no longer stocking Daphne's stuff and so this is all he has.

kwantfm
23rd August 2004, 01:29 PM
Hi Amanda,

Thanks for checking.

I'm still interested in the oversize Rottweiler... also having looked at the list I'd like the Jack Russell and the Panda.

Thanks again,
Terence

amanda
23rd August 2004, 01:43 PM
OK Terence - I'll order those right now so that you don't miss out. Ignore the email I just sent you! The shipping should be free also.

Cheers,
Amanda

amanda
23rd August 2004, 05:59 PM
Last call for headcovers.

I will finalise the order when I get home tonight. This has become huge - I've now got 10 covers coming in! Would it be ok if I charged everyone a $1 handling fee per item you've ordered?

I'll PM you the total cost and postage options tonight - with bank a/c details for those interstate. No hurry on the deposits - by the middle of next week is cool - and I'm sure I could hunt you down if not :wink:

The available list of covers is at:
http://members.ebay.com/ws2/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=lonesome_rich

Jono
23rd August 2004, 06:58 PM
Hey Terence,

Your golf bag's gonna start resembling a zoo. :lol:

Be careful. The oversize cover is pretty big. Not sure if you can fit all three covers unless your bag is 11" tour bag or something.

kwantfm
23rd August 2004, 08:58 PM
Jono,

I like the idea of "Terence's Zoo" of golf clubs!

Amanda,

Thanks again for organising this.

amanda
23rd August 2004, 09:00 PM
Orders are now closed.

Everyone should hopefully have their covers by end of next week. I will PM everyone with the costs tonight.

AndyP
23rd August 2004, 11:24 PM
Amanda,

Thanks again for organising this.
No need to thank her. She is making a profit out of it now. :P :smt003

Jarro
23rd August 2004, 11:28 PM
three cheers for Amanda

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

amanda
24th August 2004, 07:22 AM
Hi all,

I forgot to ask for one thing - postal addresses! :oops:

Andy/Kee - let me know who to send it to.

I also received confirmation that they have been sent Monday (US-time) via Airmail Letter Post - according to the USPS calculator it should take 4-7 days, but he has heard reports of delays because of customs inspections. In any case, they are also insured.

McMw
25th August 2004, 10:58 PM
I think you'll find they'll be a lot of delays in flights now... :(

my stuff is stuck in Japan (as of this afternoon), and is spose to be in Taiwan, enroute to Singapore tonight... :(

amanda
30th August 2004, 07:00 PM
I received one of those Post Office cards today when I got home. The guy sent them in 2 boxes, so hopefully they've both arrived at the same time [-o<

I'll go into work late so that I can get to the post office when they open at 9am. If yours is in, I'll post it straight away.

Andylo - I haven't received any money from you yet - could you send it soon please?

Cheers,
Amanda

McMw
30th August 2004, 07:03 PM
amanda....if you look thru any of the headcovers tomorrow :wink: let me know which one has the extended shaft protector...

I really need to get one that can fit a 440cc head, but also has the long sock down the bottom to protect the shaft against wear on the bag... :(

or don't daphne h/cs have them... :(

amanda
30th August 2004, 07:13 PM
I really need to get one that can fit a 440cc head, but also has the long sock down the bottom to protect the shaft against wear on the bag... :(

or don't daphne h/cs have them... :(
Mau - the "Ultra" designs have the shaft protector. But the guy we are buying from doesn't stock any of those.

Maybe going through the www.shopthestates.com website might be the best way to get one of those.

amanda
31st August 2004, 09:35 AM
The headcovers have landed!

Jarro, Kee & Andy - I opened the box at the post office and put them in Express Post satchels straight away. They are guaranteed to be there tomorrow, let me know if they don't turn up.

Terence - let me know a time that suits to meet up. Anytime Saturday or Sunday morning is cool (Sunday lunchtime onwards we have Fathers Day stuff).

Jarro
31st August 2004, 09:51 AM
thanks again Amanda :D

can't wait to get my Bulldog :wink:

3oneday
31st August 2004, 10:07 AM
Didn't have any Broncos Mark ???? nice buy, GO THEM BULLDOGS !!!!!

Jarro
31st August 2004, 10:52 AM
Didn't have any Broncos Mark ???? nice buy, GO THEM BULLDOGS !!!!!

no Broncos headcovers :(

I really wanted a skunk, but they didn't have any left :wink:

Kee
31st August 2004, 11:33 AM
Thanks heaps Amanda :D . I'm going to surprise my wife by putting the antelope cover on her golf bag.

3oneday
31st August 2004, 11:34 AM
I'm going to surprise my wife by putting the antelope cover on
the way some of these other threads are going, thought this was heading the same way :twisted: .

Kee
31st August 2004, 11:48 AM
Gez Pete, not like that :oops: . Although, now that you've mentioned it... :smt119

jaster
31st August 2004, 12:18 PM
Geez I hope this headcovers are worth it :roll: haha..seriously though great work amanda 8)

amanda
31st August 2004, 12:27 PM
One other thing - they may look a little squashed when you get them. Just grab the cover by the base and shake vigourously (it's what it says on the leaflet that came with the covers). That should make them look all fluffy again.

jaster
31st August 2004, 12:31 PM
You shouldn't talk about shaking things vigourously with Jarro around :wink: :smt043 :smt060 :smt061

terryand
31st August 2004, 04:34 PM
One other thing - they may look a little squashed when you get them. Just grab the cover by the base and shake vigourously (it's what it says on the leaflet that came with the covers). That should make them look all fluffy again.

I have this very funny mental picture of Amanda with her gopher by the tail, shaking the absolute bejeez's out of it :smt043 :smt042 :smt044

Terry.

Kee
1st September 2004, 08:26 AM
Thanks Amanda. The headcovers came this morning :D . My wife was the one that received it and was very happy to see them, so they must be pretty darn cute.

amanda
1st September 2004, 09:17 AM
Glad she likes them Kee :D

Trung
1st September 2004, 09:27 AM
no Broncos headcovers :(

Do you want one? I will take pictures tonight and show it to you. I have one sitting in the shed. Too small for the driver but plenty of room for a 3-wood. :wink:

3oneday
1st September 2004, 11:25 AM
:shock: :twisted:

Jarro
1st September 2004, 12:20 PM
.. just pulled into my driveway after playing this morning, when the courier driver for ausie post comes screaming into the driveway behind me. Throws me a satchel with the Bulldog headcover inside :D

Thanks Amanda, he's great.. fits the driver like a glove. 8)

..now i just have to keep my girls away from my golf bag :roll: :lol:

Ferrins
27th January 2012, 08:01 PM
I have a nice beaver.

Webster
27th January 2012, 08:18 PM
Did you stuff it yourself?

matty
27th January 2012, 08:23 PM
Did you stuff it yourself?

He likes to watch.

yoyo
27th January 2012, 09:07 PM
I prefer my head without a cover

sms316
28th January 2012, 09:19 AM
I have a nice beaver.
For optimal performance, give it a few soft licks before using it.

Ferrins
28th January 2012, 10:32 AM
My beaver is a bit grotty, should I stick with it or go looking for a new model.

Daves
28th January 2012, 10:34 AM
Fresh Beaver is always better.

Jarro
28th January 2012, 10:45 AM
Anybody got a Tassie devil headcover they wanna sell ?

http://images.budgetgolf.com/P/t_21012.jpg

golfbound
28th January 2012, 10:49 AM
Found this head cover for you

Then found this matching bikini for your wife

LOL

Ferrins
28th January 2012, 11:01 AM

Haha

Never thought of putting a paper bag over a guy's head.

sms316
28th January 2012, 12:57 PM
Fresh Beaver is always better.
+1. But not too fresh (unless you are Dennis Ferguson).