PDA

View Full Version : Club Champs

JADO75
4th October 2018, 05:31 PM
We've got the 1st round of Club Champs starting on Saturday at Penrith. I'm guessing there may be quite a few clubs around Sydney & interstate that kick theirs off this weekend too.
For me, I'll be playing in A Reserve (7-12 hcp) this year thanks to a bit of (cough cough) hcp farming & while it'd be nice to win, I'm more interested in finishing top 8 to qualify for the match play to defend the title I won last year.
To all of you that are participating, I wish you the best of luck. Hopefully in 4 weeks we have a bunch of winners.

blurry
4th October 2018, 05:33 PM
Good luck man [emoji1417]

JADO75
4th October 2018, 05:38 PM
Thanku & enjoy the holiday my brotha. Shame you're not going to be playing, it would've been nice to play you in the match play

Grumpy8
4th October 2018, 06:58 PM
Olinda club champs start this Saturday. , we are only a small club , came second last year , will be lucky to repeat that this year , putter is pretty cold .

Captain Nemo
4th October 2018, 07:07 PM
Club champs are for flushas, Ozgolf Champs are where it’s at.
I’ve won my trophies this year, no need to play...
🤣

WBennett
4th October 2018, 08:15 PM
We have ours beginning this weekend. Its been a tough winter and handicaps have blown out this year.

I am off 9, and Monsta 14.

My goal is a top 15 in the gross or better, knowing that the majority of our top 10 from last year are playing other events or have left the club.

davepuppies
4th October 2018, 09:19 PM
Our club champs start sat, but they are predicting rain..... might not play (I am only once a month these days)

3Puttpete
5th October 2018, 07:00 AM
A reserve sounds like the participation certificate of golf grades.

Trump Ferry Point has their club champs over 1 round next weekend. I’m having a crack at that.

SundayHack
5th October 2018, 09:09 AM

Trump Ferry Point has their club champs over 1 round next weekend. I’m having a crack at that.

Will Donald J be on hand to present the winner?

3Puttpete
5th October 2018, 09:16 AM
Will Donald J be on hand to present the winner?

Fingers crossed!

WBennett
5th October 2018, 10:35 AM

Looks awful*.

https://www.trumpferrypoint.com/golf-course

Good luck!

* thought 'I hate golf LeftyHoges'

davepuppies
5th October 2018, 03:41 PM
Our club champs have been postponed due to the weather and course conditions

Coldtopper
5th October 2018, 04:01 PM
A reserve B reserve c, d, seniors and whatever's = pennants

JADO75
5th October 2018, 07:34 PM
Yep A reserve is the Special Olympics of A grade

KristianJ
6th October 2018, 06:25 AM
First round here at Richmond. I'm away later in the month so not entered in the Champs, but Medal of Medals is on today and I'm in that, so there's something to play for.

And just A, B and C here...

FuzzyJuzzy
6th October 2018, 02:40 PM
We have R1 today at Liverpool GC. Bunkers in play and preferred lies in fairways. The course held up pretty well with all the rain we had on Thu/Fri.
I’m in A Reserve. Played alright this morning, but didn’t take my chances. Windy out there. Champs are all about just eliminating the big numbers and playing consistent golf. At our club, if you play to your handicap over the four rounds you’re usually at the pointy end of the leadeboard. I’ll be keen to play the match play component if I manage to qualify. Had some good success in that a few years ago.

WBennett
7th October 2018, 08:21 PM
Well that was two days of rubbish

90/81 and 88/79

O birdies in two rounds. Today had 3 attempts from inside 10 foot and didnt hit the hole once.

olddogmike
10th October 2018, 11:05 PM
Totally pissed off, I enrolled to play in a 72 hole club champ match, the conditions said open to aal catorgories, I was a fully paid up 18 hole membership when I signed up for it. They now say that 9 holers are not eligeable. Due to my wife's chronic arthritis we both renewed our membership as 9 holers. Although I was a 18 holer at the time I entered for the comp, the comp starts this Saturday 13th when I will be a 9 holer, now they tell me I am not eligible to play.

mrbluu
10th October 2018, 11:22 PM
Totally pissed off, I enrolled to play in a 72 hole club champ match, the conditions said open to aal catorgories, I was a fully paid up 18 hole membership when I signed up for it. They now say that 9 holers are not eligeable. Due to my wife's chronic arthritis we both renewed our membership as 9 holers. Although I was a 18 holer at the time I entered for the comp, the comp starts this Saturday 13th when I will be a 9 holer, now they tell me I am not eligible to play.So you pissed with yourself or the club?

Grumpy8
27th October 2018, 06:31 PM
Olinda club champs start this Saturday. , we are only a small club , came second last year , will be lucky to repeat that this year , putter is pretty cold . Club champs finished today , 3 rounds , shot 80/ 72 , 79/71 , 76 / 68 . Won the overall and the nett . So defended my nett win from last year ( off a lower cap ) and went one better in the gross . Will prefix this with the clubs low marker and usual winner wasn’t playing this year and that we are only a small club . Still pleased with my efforts tho as I was really sick first week and nearly pulled out after 9 , Back wasn’t too flash this week , had to withdraw after 9 on Thursday, luckily there was no drug tests today .

Steve57
27th October 2018, 07:02 PM
Well played Grumpy, a win is a win!
The trophy and honour board don’t list the field, they just say Club Champion 2018 - Grumpy.

oldracer
27th October 2018, 07:23 PM
Well done old fella 👍👍👍

Dotty
27th October 2018, 07:41 PM
After 30+ years, now playing 72 hole stroke over 4 Saturdays. (Old cub played two Sat. stroke qualifiers for top 16 matchplay in each grade, so needing to set aside next 4 weekends. Then draw and schedule changes were rampant, due to individual player and committee whims.)

4 rounds of stroke is so much more refreshing and intelligent. (Plus C graders play stableford off the blues.)

btw. Unfazed by a 91/77 last week (as unsure if I can make all rounds).
81/67 today, so now a few off goss and net in semi-vegetable division.
I may have to delay any Friday/Saturday work requests for the next fortnight.

Grumpy8
27th October 2018, 08:21 PM
Well played Grumpy, a win is a win!The trophy and honour board don’t list the field, they just say Club Champion 2018 - Grumpy. Thnx Steve , I will take it , have been runner up twice before , in the lead with 12 holes to go and come third and had to miss the last round when 9 shots in front another time so was fairly determined to make it this time . Now have an A and B grade champ on the resume (albeit 44 yrs apart) C grade might be the next one

Grumpy8
27th October 2018, 08:23 PM
Well done old fella 👍👍👍 Thnx racer one for the seniors

3oneday
28th October 2018, 01:09 PM
After 30+ years, now playing 72 hole stroke over 4 Saturdays. (Old cub played two Sat. stroke qualifiers for top 16 matchplay in each grade, so needing to set aside next 4 weekends. Then draw and schedule changes were rampant, due to individual player and committee whims.)

4 rounds of stroke is so much more refreshing and intelligent. (Plus C graders play stableford off the blues.)

btw. Unfazed by a 91/77 last week (as unsure if I can make all rounds).
81/67 today, so now a few off goss and net in semi-vegetable division.
I may have to delay any Friday/Saturday work requests for the next fortnight.i played Lynwood on Wednesday for the first time, nice course. Be tough when the wind blows!

Well played!