PDA

View Full Version : Stolen Golf Gear

Grunt
28th July 2006, 06:32 AM
Hi All

Just a warning for all of you out there. A heap of gear was stolen from the Macarthur Grange Pro Shop over the past few weeks. On 3 sucessive Wednesdays the Pro-shop has been broken into taking alot of Stuff.
Be wary of goods on the market.

The stolen stuff includes;

Bridgestone Drivers
Bridgestone J33 Hybrids
Bridgestone Tour Staff Bag
Bridgestone B330, B330-s, E5 & E6 Balls
Titelist Pro V, Pro V1, NXT Tour & NXT balls
PGF Clubs mainly the V8 range
Redback Putters
Cleveland Wedges
Heaps of glovesJust thought we should know there is stuff out there that may be cheap on Ebay and the like.
I looked at the stuff they have done for security of the club and the thefts will continue as the door into the pro shop is not a security door just an aluminium framed glass door, it has been jimmyed open every time so far. Also heard yesterday that due to the fact that he (the Owner) has been late with recent payments to both Bridgestone and Titelist, thay are not going to restock him until he pays up front for the items.
There is security camera footage of the thieves carrying away the Clubs Safe with ease.
The clubs security company goes through this process when the alarm goes off. They ring the owner if the alarm goes off, he then thinks well I am not going down there if it being robbed, he then rings the Police and when they finally get there the thieves are well and truly gone. Does not sound right to me, is this how all security companies work with looking out for a client, or is it just the cheap private ones, ie. you get what you pay for.

Courty
28th July 2006, 08:14 AM
I used to be the first person called at one of my old jobs in the event of an alarm going off (all internal motion sensors). I got this gig because I lived closest to the office. Several times I was called in the middle of the night to attend a break-in. Each time I arrived at the same time or before the travelling security guards, and each time the police didn't show for several hours (even at 4am on a Tuesday - can't imagine it would be a busy time for them :roll:). Not once was there any sign of the thieves, they had long cleared out. The security company were on the ball as far as alerting the businesses, but the response times of the guards and the cops left a lot to be desired.

On another note, I know of someone around here who has been trying to offload a Bridgestone driver... ;)

Toolish
28th July 2006, 08:22 AM
Most will ring the owner first to ensure they are not in there and triggered alarm accidentaly...but then once confirmed it is a real alarm the security company should run it from there.

All that bridgey gear...could have been a ho or 2 from these parts!!

3oneday
28th July 2006, 08:25 AM
Sounds like an insurance job to me, but I'm a cynic ;) someone can't pay their bills, get's knocked off 3 times.... not suss at all hey !!!

Hope there were some 460's, be cool to have a cheap, quality backup ;)

AndyP
28th July 2006, 08:29 AM
You would think that they'd up the security after the first time it happened.

Fishman Dan
28th July 2006, 09:15 AM
Sounds like a [ethnic minority withheld] stocktake to me.

Chances are insurance won't cough up either if it's a repeated theft with the same MO.

Pinglauncher
28th July 2006, 09:29 AM
You would think that they'd up the security after the first time it happened.

Only if they really wanted the thefts to stop ????

Grunt
28th July 2006, 01:19 PM
Sounds like an insurance job to me, but I'm a cynic ;) someone can't pay their bills, get's knocked off 3 times.... not suss at all hey !!!

Hope there were some 460's, be cool to have a cheap, quality backup ;)
I hear you Pete :???:

Ducky
28th July 2006, 02:52 PM
Why wouldn't you snap one up cheap off Ebay?

I didn't rob the place, but that's not going to stop be from snapping up a bargain.

Pity it's Bridgestone.

3oneday
28th July 2006, 03:01 PM
Pity it's Bridgestone.no one steals Nike Duckhead ;)

:p

Courty
28th July 2006, 03:17 PM
no one steals Nike Duckhead ;)
:p

Last November, Raheem Wells, the quarterback for Detroit Kettering High, was murdered, allegedly by six teenagers who swiped his Nike sneakers. In Baltimore last summer 19 year old Ronnell Ridgeway was robbed of his $40 Nike sweatpants and then shot and killed. In March, Chris Demby, a 10th grader at Franklin Learning Center in West Philadelphia, was shot and killed for his new Nikes.

No mention of golf clubs though...

3oneday
28th July 2006, 03:19 PM
No mention of golf clubs though...I rest my case ;)

PeteyD
28th July 2006, 03:28 PM
Why wouldn't you snap one up cheap off Ebay?

I didn't rob the place, but that's not going to stop be from snapping up a bargain.

Pity it's Bridgestone.

Firstly, it is illegal if you know it is stolen, or even suspect it may be.

Secondly, if they track it to you the best you can hope for is losing the stolen item, and the $$ you spent buying it.

Mind you they have to find it and track down etc first.

Thirdly, won't go cheap on ebay. Not much does anymore.

perci
28th July 2006, 10:31 PM
I'd be interested to see how big the market is for Hot Redback putters.

3oneday
29th July 2006, 01:27 AM
I'd be interested to see how big the market is for Hot Redback putters.maybe it was the Redback beer instead ??? now there's a market I'd grab !!!!

:lol: