PDA

View Full Version : 2018 Fri Round - Royal Queensland

benno_r
11th September 2018, 03:17 PM
Official Friday Round thread - the notorious 2-ball Banana Cup (which itself seems to have vanished)

This year we hit up best in Qld - Royal Queensland https://www.rqgolf.com.au/cms/golf/

Event Type: 2 Ball banana cup - This years format is "Super 6". What does that mean:
In teams of 2:
Holes 1-6: Team Best Ball (use the best team score per hole)
Holes 7-12: Team Aggregate (add both scores together)
Holes 13-18: Team Multiplier (Both team scores multiplied together)'

This event will not be Golflinked

Men: Blue Tee - Par 72, SCR 73, Slope 126
Ladies: Red Tee - Par 73, SCR 74, Slope 126

Locomotion: Walking only - complimentary pull carts available from the club

Other Notes:
There is a dress code, please check this carefully: https://www.rqgolf.com.au/cms/golf/dress-code/

The club will be supplying sandwich packs which we can pick up before the round. Verandah Bar will be open after the round.

Tee times:
https://i.imgur.com/l2Cji6q.jpg

Prizes:
2nd - Par 4 Approach NTP
4th - Par 3 NTP
7th - Long Drive
11th - Par 3 NTP
17th - Par 3 NTP

Edit: There will be individual prizes on the day (stableford), and the winning team is the holder of the (phantom) 2-ball banana cup.

See you all there!

henno
11th September 2018, 03:20 PM
To my group/partner: Sorry for the wipes in the multiplier. I hope it's not on a 4 or 5 pointer hold for us.

Steve57
11th September 2018, 03:30 PM
How are partners selected?
At random after all have finished or within your group of 4 by consensus?

benno_r
11th September 2018, 03:37 PM
How are partners selected?
At random after all have finished or within your group of 4 by consensus?

Probably should have explained that - it was a quasi random group generator (I had to adjust a little to try prevent repeat playing partners from Thursday).

In any case, you are fortunate enough to be paired with Jono - a very highly rated group with that flusher on board!

Steve57
11th September 2018, 03:38 PM
Probably should have explained that - it was a quasi random group generator (I had to adjust a little to try prevent repeat playing partners from Thursday).

In any case, you are fortunate enough to be paired with Jono - a very highly rated group with that flusher on board!

Sorry you missed my point, the Banana Cup partners not the actual groups!

benno_r
11th September 2018, 03:39 PM
I have also tidied up the opening post - it's 2 ball teams.

2nd edit: There will be individual prizes on the day (stableford), and the winning team is the holder of the (phantom) 2-ball banana cup.

benno_r
11th September 2018, 03:43 PM
Sorry you missed my point, the Banana Cup partners not the actual groups!

Oh right my bad. Top 2 together, bottom 2 together.

Steve57
11th September 2018, 03:46 PM
Oh right my bad. Top 2 together, bottom 2 together.

Ok cool!

PeteyD
11th September 2018, 03:53 PM
Sorry Marcel. Although the bandits we are playing with should make it interesting.

AndyP
11th September 2018, 04:28 PM
Sorry to stuff it up after the draw has come out (I thought I had until tomorrow), but I am withdrawing from this round. I can't handle playing with MrBluu.

I also have no confidence in the body to be able to handle walking eighteen holes, hitting a hundred shots, and backing up for two rounds on the weekend.

benno_r
11th September 2018, 04:32 PM
Sorry to stuff it up after the draw has come out (I thought I had until tomorrow), but I am withdrawing from this round. I can't handle playing with MrBluu.

I also have no confidence in the body to be able to handle walking eighteen holes, hitting a hundred shots, and backing up for two rounds on the weekend.Should have realised that would be the straw that breaks the camels back. My apologies...

Ron Burgundy
11th September 2018, 07:53 PM
Oh right my bad. Top 2 together, bottom 2 together. You’re a gentleman Benno, electing to pair yourself with me to spare others from suffering through it.

marcel
11th September 2018, 08:00 PM
Sorry Marcel. Although the bandits we are playing with should make it interesting.
My last 3 rounds have been playing Hickory, this'll be easy

PeteyD
12th September 2018, 02:56 AM
It'll be great! Banana cup here we come.

benno_r
12th September 2018, 07:18 AM
So can we get Ferrins to step in for AndyP at RQ? It would be a seemless replacement, I can never tell them apart...

Ferrins
12th September 2018, 07:21 AM
I'm your huckleberry.

PeteyD
12th September 2018, 07:21 AM
He only has to walk up the road.

AndyP
12th September 2018, 07:37 AM
So can we get Ferrins to step in for AndyP at RQ? It would be a seemless replacement, I can never tell them apart...
I think he is slightly better at tennising though.

Ferrins
13th September 2018, 04:04 PM
Shall I just give the $ to Andy?

nudgee
14th September 2018, 05:34 AM
Sorry gents my mate has pulled out of my group
Going to have to reconsider his friendship

benno_r
14th September 2018, 06:28 AM
Shall I just give the $ to Andy?Yeah, that works. Fix him up tomorrow I guess.

perci
14th September 2018, 07:21 AM
I was going to try and drop by and say Hi this morning before you all Tee'd off but unfortunately cant make,have a good day all !

Toxic
15th September 2018, 08:02 AM
Score update?

benno_r
15th September 2018, 08:13 AM
1. Jono 38pts
2. Ploppy Pat 38pts
3. Pete_RS 34pts
4. Mat3Jab 33pts

Then lots of crud....

Ferrins
15th September 2018, 08:22 AM
Jono would have to be the hot favourite for the champs. Just don't borrow his pen or try to give him the flag on the green.😀

Captain Nemo
15th September 2018, 11:29 AM
Jono would have to be the hot favourite for the champs. Just don't borrow his pen or try to give him the flag on the green.😀 Aim point?

Ferrins
15th September 2018, 01:48 PM
Roger