PDA

View Full Version : For Fun...........

Matt 3 Jab
26th July 2006, 04:43 PM
Well tomorrow im thinking of going to the driving range, and trying to get back to basics for fun.
I'll tape my swing, put it on here and see how it looks after not playing for a few months.

I'm going to try and get my stance narrower, well back to a normal distance as i usually get wide with my stance, try and have less movement, ie a consistant swing more than one for distance, and also get my tempo alot slower.

Im just going to see if there is a spark, maybe to get me back out playing social golf, as i havent even wanted to do that.

Also, im going to tape my putting stroke, willow off ISG suspeciously sent me an email asking how my golf was, and is going to have a look at my putting for me, so why not, ill post that here too.

So ill tape it, post it and we can all laugh ;)
Gotta do something when i have a day off because my guitar isnt ready :(

Ducky
26th July 2006, 05:04 PM
Who is Willow? Isn't she the chick out of 'Buffy The Vampire Slayer'?

Anyway, somehow I have a feeling you'll get back into golf in a big way.

Matt 3 Jab
26th July 2006, 05:12 PM
He is a pro, has a golf acadamy or something, good teacher i hear, anyway he offerd to look at my putting vids to try and get me to play again, he has a tough ask, and i doubt ill get back into comps, not what im setting out to achieve, just want to see whether i still got a little bit of the swing, and change it to a model swing for fun

AndyP
26th July 2006, 06:01 PM
Sounds like you're just looking for a reason to get back into golf, M3J.

Matt 3 Jab
26th July 2006, 06:04 PM
no no no, this isnt a talk me back into golf thread, this is just a ill go tape my swing because my guitar isnt ready thing just for fun, just because im not playing doesnt mean i can make my swing better, then when i do go have a social round, ill want to play again by not shooting 120.

Ducky
27th July 2006, 02:18 AM
Lies!

Matt 3 Jab
27th July 2006, 01:15 PM
Ok, here you go, me with driver, and 7 iron, hit it ok, worked on keeping my weight on my heels as i move forward towards the ball in the swing causing a push/slice.
head movement up and down getting better, still looks nothing like a 6 marker, oh well.

No putting stroke tapped, couldnt be stuffed doing it.

Driver: http://www.filefactory.com/file/529058/

7 Iron: http://www.filefactory.com/file/5311fa/

Rip it apart guys, it'll be fun ;)

jaster
27th July 2006, 05:55 PM
Sorry but both files download as "golf" and neither dvix viewer or winrar recognises the files. What gives?

Ducky
27th July 2006, 08:41 PM
Just rename the files to have a .wmv extension.

Ducky
27th July 2006, 08:46 PM
Okay, I watched them. My opinion is that you should keep golfing.

jaster
27th July 2006, 10:23 PM
Thanks Ducky :)

Matt - Looks good and in more than one way reminds me off......don't shoot me....Jim Furyk. Especially from the 7 iron, you are close to the ball like Jim and you seem to make a few different moves that in the end leave you with a nice inside approach to the ball. Like Ducky says, keep playing.

Ducky
27th July 2006, 10:30 PM
I agree. He gets his hands very high at the top and drops them to the inside.

He would also look a bit like Jim Furyk if he had a button up shirt.

Just kidding!

:lol:

jaster
27th July 2006, 10:31 PM
Rofl...I was going to say that ;)

Toolish
28th July 2006, 07:37 AM
Any front on views Matt?

Matt 3 Jab
28th July 2006, 07:55 AM
I can live with being furyk, but im working on that high hands thing ;)
No front views Toolish, maybe in a few weeks when i take more video, had some response from a pro, and he gave me a drill etc, will try and squeeze it in with uni starting back.

Ducky
28th July 2006, 01:56 PM
The advice I received to keep my hands down at the top was to keep the right arm soft to prevent lifting on the backswing. You'll find that if you do it successfully your right arm will fold in towards your right hip.

jaster
28th July 2006, 02:01 PM
Too complicated, just picture Sergio in your mind and swing like him :)

BrisVegas
28th July 2006, 02:04 PM
nothing wrong with furyk.... don't let em get to ya Matty.

Matt 3 Jab
28th July 2006, 03:49 PM
i swung a club in the back yard this arvo, its funny, because i comeplete the backswing, then go up, i just need to keep my hands down, and i should be ok, ive always had the high hands, time to correct it, and all i need to do is feel like im not swinging back so far, done ;)

Jono
28th July 2006, 04:46 PM
What about hitting off side hill lie with ball above your feet? Greg Norman used to do that when he was trying to flatten his swing.