PDA

View Full Version : Week Commencing 24th July

Grunt
26th July 2006, 12:44 PM
Well had a hit with Andrew this morning @ Penrith. What can I say I played twice as good as last week @ Bankstown. I shot 34 points, it could have been more but it could have also been worse. THe lessons are working. :p

Ballstriking is still on the up, just have to lose the brain fade shots that put me into trouble every now and then. I played smarter on the par 4's using 3/5 woods off the tee, that worked. Got to play smarter on the par 5's I wiped 2 of those.

Game is on the up :)

Jono
27th July 2006, 12:09 PM
Well done, Grant. Great to hear that you are enjoying golf again. 8)

Grunt
27th July 2006, 03:57 PM
Another hit this morning with a mate from work. We played Mac Grange off the plates. I shot a 2 over nett 73 :) could have been better left about 5-10 shots out on the course but the game is coming back. Nice thing was the pars I got after having pretty average tee shots. On the first I pulled the 5 wood left and had myself 170 m to the green, I nailed a 6 Iron to the fringe of the green and 2 putted for par :p. On the 4th another poor tee shot left me 180 out I nailed a 4 iron to the green and 2 putted again for par. The old Grant swing would not have handled that!
Very Happy with my game.

BrisVegas
27th July 2006, 04:07 PM
God damn you play a lot of golf grunt! I'm so jealous!

Grunt
27th July 2006, 04:08 PM
playing tomorrow & Saturday too.

AndyP
27th July 2006, 04:11 PM
It's not the quantity that's important, BV, it's the quality.

Grunt
27th July 2006, 04:19 PM
it is quality now Andy.

dc68
27th July 2006, 04:22 PM
wish I played as much would be out to B grade in about 3 months.

Matt 3 Jab
28th July 2006, 07:58 AM
I know the feeling DC................................ if i get a handicap again, thats where i wanna start!

dc68
28th July 2006, 10:50 AM
True keep sneaking out to about 5-5.4 then go and spoil it by having a super round and sucking back to 4.2 or so...o well such is golf.

Grunt
28th July 2006, 12:17 PM
Well another game and another what could have been round.
Better Today 38 points, but could have been so much better, 5 putts sat on the lip of the cup!
89 Gross
68 Nett (2 Under)
5 Pars
9 Bogies
3 Doubles
1 Triple
36 putts

Doubt 38 will hold on for a win but should get me a ball. Hopefully the putts will drop tomorrow and the Monthly medal round will be a good result.

AndyP
28th July 2006, 12:20 PM
Round Reports - 24 July

Grunt - 3
Rest of Forum - 0

Jarro
28th July 2006, 12:24 PM
damn bludging Qantas mechanic :p

dc68
28th July 2006, 12:32 PM
Fits in well with you bag chuckers.:razz:

Jarro
28th July 2006, 12:41 PM
bloody blouse wearing typist

Coffs_Hacker
29th July 2006, 11:39 AM
Scrambling game today for 37pts with 5x1pts
6fir
6gir
33putts

1birdie

BrisWesty
29th July 2006, 04:36 PM
Out of the 4BBB Matchplay champs. Knocked over 1 up. Made it to the final 8 so I'm really happy with that. Never got ourselves in front this time, only squared things up on occasion. Unfortunately my partner and I had brain explosions on the same hole a couple of times. Their low marker played sensible golf and kept them ahead.
30 putts, 7 fairways, but only 3 GIRs. Started to really swing through the driver today and get some extra distance, so that was a cause for celebration.

AndyP
29th July 2006, 04:41 PM
Now you can concentrate on the real matchplay, Westy. Well done on the top 8 in the 4BBB.

jimandr
29th July 2006, 05:27 PM
Well another game and another what could have been round.
Better Today 38 points, but could have been so much better, 5 putts sat on the lip of the cup!
89 Gross
68 Nett (2 Under)
5 Pars
9 Bogies
3 Doubles
1 Triple
36 putts

Doubt 38 will hold on for a win but should get me a ball. Hopefully the putts will drop tomorrow and the Monthly medal round will be a good result.

I'm a bit surprised Grunt hasn't updated this to report that his name appeared in todays paper as winner of division 2.

As for me, I've picked up a virus and I'm too sick to play. I'll live my golfing life through Grunt this week.

Grunt
29th July 2006, 07:11 PM
Well yes Jim I did win Division 2 yesterday, i did not know until after today's round that I had done so. Only missed overall win by a shot, if only one of those putts had dropped

Todays Round

Today was one of those days that a few small mistakes cost me bigtime. Shot 97 Gross 76 Nett in the monthly medal. 5 pars, but had 4 total brainfade holes, 2 triple and 2 Quadruple bogies :-? . Short game is the part I really need to work on, I left heaps of shots where I had missed greens. I have to be able to chip it up and down.

Another stint of golf ends, back to work tomorrow. Will hit the greens again Thursday.

Courty
29th July 2006, 09:30 PM
Individual Stab today. I was very happy with my ballstriking today, but my 29pts doesn't reflect that. The biggest let down was my putting. The new head greenkeeper has started changing the greens and I have no idea how the ball is going to behave.
On another note, today was my first chance to hit the new Callaway Fusion FT-hybrid. Can I just say that this club rawks! Great off the tee and fantastic off the deck. I hit some screamers today, several of them passing my playing partners 3-woods. The NVS shaft feels very nice, and although it is a slightly lower ballflight than I was after, I will learn to live with it.

Moe Norman
29th July 2006, 10:04 PM
had thousands at the National today, but did manage to eagle the 5th to be -2 after 5.

All down hill after that.

BrisVegas
29th July 2006, 10:37 PM
which course thommo?? was it blowing??

McMw
30th July 2006, 12:40 AM
had one of those rounds where the putting was just terrible!!!
not so much that i was putting crap (30) but I was just not getting the ball to start on the right line, but had the right speed...left too many shots out there...even had a 3-jack from 8ft...

went out in 3over, came back even...73...
as I was entering the scores into GT, I realized that my back nine was all 4s and a lone 3...pretty sure that's the first time I've done that (no 5s) on the back nine!!! :mrgreen:

overall - been decent couple of weeks play/scores...looking forward to club champs!!!

oz
30th July 2006, 04:17 PM
Played 9 holes with some mates this afternoon. Made 9 straight pars, missing a bunch of real good chances. Missed 2 greens, but got up & down for a change.

Pinglauncher
30th July 2006, 05:25 PM
Had 5 down today. Carnarvon was hosting the Masters Pennant final today and there were some wicked pin positions in play. Reasonably happy with putting and short game but drove the ball worse than in quite some time.

BrisVegas
30th July 2006, 07:28 PM
Played Redland Bay today with the gang. Pretty soggy, but they had preferred lies which helped.

82 gross for 34 points
9 fairways
5 GIR
30 putts
6 x 1-pointers, 1 x wash, 2 birdies.

Pretty frustrating round, I really should have made 2-3 more birdies and saved a bunch more pars, but seemed to misread the greens a lot and burned the edge all day. I was chipping quite well. I hit a couple of excellent 3 woods from 215-230m which was the highlight. Birdied the 9th & 18th holes, thanks to a couple of great 3 woods.

shazza_rs
30th July 2006, 07:51 PM
Played at Redland Bay
-------------------------
I had 87 for 39 points. No wipes... yay!

Putting was pretty woeful... missed a lot of short ones.

Only missed one fairway with the driver. Ended up in the mudflats. Lucky the tide was out. ;)

Irons and chipping were pretty good.

Handicap has dropped to 16.4.

McMw
30th July 2006, 09:35 PM
boy - if I tot yesterday was crap - today was a disaster!!! :lol:

started the front 9 well at level par, should have been 1under, had it not been for a missed 1.5footer birdie on 5....HOW???

back nine was a total disaster - 7 over with 2 doubles in there...

just made some bad swings at the wrong time!!!

Grunt
31st July 2006, 06:12 AM
Played at Redland Bay
-------------------------
I had 87 for 39 points. No wipes... yay!

Putting was pretty woeful... missed a lot of short ones.

Only missed one fairway with the driver. Ended up in the mudflats. Lucky the tide was out. ;)

Irons and chipping were pretty good.

Handicap has dropped to 16.4.

Well played Shazza :smt038

Moe Norman
31st July 2006, 06:55 AM
Vegas - played the Old again. Was blowing hard, it was freezing and it rained. I thoroughly enjoyed it!

Amazingly I hit 10 fairways, which is unbelievable for me, but I got the duffs from the 6th onwards, and chipping and putting was even worse than normal. Not that I bothered putting on many holes....

AndyP
31st July 2006, 09:37 AM
30/07/2006, Redland Bay GC, Stableford

FWRR: Put the driver away

8/14 effective T-shots.
8/18 effective approaches.
33 putts.
--------------
2 birdies.
7 pars.
4 bogeys.
5 doubles.
Score 42-42-84 stab 36pts (Par 36-36-72)

Really enjoyed my round yesterday. It was good to be out on the course again with mates, chasing the little white ball around in the sunshine.

Couldn't have started better, with a nice hybrid approach from the trees and a good putt for a bird (Gee, I love getting birdies). I failed to find fairways on the next few holes, getting four doubles in a row. But once I gave the driver a rest, it became a bit easier, and I nabbed another bird on the 7th.

My score started with a 4 pointer, 4 points over the next 5 holes, then a 4 pointer. The lads were calling for a drug test.

Made the turn at 18 points.

Managed to stay fairly solid on the back nine for another 18pts, with one lapse seeing my 75m approach to the 15th go OOB. The next attempt was better.

I'm loving how my putting is going at the moment, and if it continues, I'll keep making a confident stroke, and keep putting them in.
Irons were inconsistent, but flushed a few nice ones. I hit more greens than what I normally do.
3 wood and hybrids had a pretty good day, but the driver was naughty.

Next round: Aug 6, Riverlakes GC, Social Round

Virgal_Tracy
31st July 2006, 10:09 AM
Played at Camden Lakeside on Friday.

30pts in a mixed round. Putting was solid without being spectacular.

Driver and irons were mixed with highlights and some definite lowlights.

As per other discussion, C.L. is set up as a links style course but most greens are raised which takes out a lot of bump and runs.

Still enjoyed the day considering first game in 4 weeks.