PDA

View Full Version : WDYSTM- September

PeteyD
1st September 2018, 02:09 PM
37 Points today, 21/16. First run with the Cure putter and I had 31 putts. Started with a 3 putt but went much better after that. 4 Greens. 9 Fairways. 1 Birdie and 1 wipe. Probably see handicap go down again today.

Courty
1st September 2018, 04:48 PM
87 in the Monthly Medal today. Hit 2 in the piss for a quad on the second hole and never recovered.

Grumpy8
1st September 2018, 06:12 PM
MM with Olinda at Beaconhills on the lakes course today , weather was pretty ordinary and so was my golf played the last four holes 5 over , 3 bogies one double ( 3 putts and bladed chips ) luckily I played the first 14 at 2 over . Thought I had blown the medal cause my countback was pretty ordinary, turns out I still had a shot or two up my sleeve . Shot 78 /69 or 38 pts (20/18 ) 30 putts (12/18 )two birdies no wipes , coulda been a lot better but turned out all good , only dropped.1 off my cap so still off 9 on the lakes course .

henno
1st September 2018, 07:13 PM
35 points at Wynnum. I had more cold tops than an antarctic expedition but caught some fire on the shorter holes and managed 35 points despite 4 wipes, including wiping my last two holes of the day, disappointingly. Good enough for third in my grade and some free beer funds in the account (37pts won it, 36pts 2nd).

I am not a very good golfer.

Grumpy8
1st September 2018, 07:31 PM
35 points at Wynnum. I had more cold tops than an antarctic expedition but caught some fire on the shorter holes and managed 35 points despite 4 wipes, including wiping my last two holes of the day, disappointingly. Good enough for third in my grade and some free beer funds in the account (37pts won it, 36pts 2nd).I am not a very good golfer. Sounds like you were pretty good on 14 holes

henno
1st September 2018, 07:33 PM
Sounds like you were pretty good on 14 holes

Nah, I had a one pointer on one of those.

I'm a fantastic 13 hole golfer.

WBennett
1st September 2018, 08:10 PM
93. So many doubles, and a triple or two for good measure.

Highlights were birdies on 8 and 18, both new for this years eclectic, so now leading eclectic gross by 3 and nett by 2 and a bit with about a month to go.

It would be nice to play a round in less than 40k winds and more than about 5 degrees in real feel.

Lucasto23
1st September 2018, 08:10 PM
73 today for a nett 66 to play to handicap. 4 birdies and 3 doubles with many beers made it a great day out :) Par 66 course and our September monthly medal and first round of club champs combined

LarryLong
1st September 2018, 08:42 PM
92/76 on medal day today. Two birdies and an 8. Lots of doubles.

timah!
1st September 2018, 09:10 PM
90/72 at Carbrook in the medal/club champs rd 1.

A little bit frustrated at my putting but was a solid enough round. Looking forward to three rounds of golf in a row.

Dcanto
1st September 2018, 10:10 PM
87 net 74 (par 70) in the Monthly Medal at Half Moon Bay. Haven't touched a club for 4 weeks so was happy with the first 11 holes but the wheels started to wobble after that. Couldn't buy a putt and lipped out two birdies over-reading the break.

The course is in good condition at the moment and the greens are quick by FNQ standards. First day of Spring and already the humidity is starting to climb.

okitoki
3rd September 2018, 11:54 AM
had a sort of good weekend of golf... putting was great with average of 2 putts per hole with only 1 3 putts during the weekend.
Saturday was pretty much bogey golf with 3 double bogeys and 3 pars; cant hit the par 3s hurt me, and a few lip out for pars also didnt help with the scores... finished with 44/46
Sunday was pretty inconsistent with a stronger wind in play... shot gun start at hole 11 sort of threw my tempo off a little.... again par 3s were my downfall with 3 bogey and 1 double. had a strong finish on the front 9; so the day was 1 birdie, 5 pars, 7 bogeys, 4 doubles and 1 triple (brain fart) with a game of 42/47

Took out the Tourstage 909 XBlade this weekend, and was hitting it pretty well... not taking big divots like the Mizzy MP15, just picking the balls but seems to fly pretty well...

GA handicap has gone back down to 13.2, the lowest it has been since April this year... Will see if I can get down to 12s again before end of this year, as my goal for the year is to reach 10

Ah but no golf for this week as I will be flying off to Malaysia.... Mother's birthday so can't even sneak out for a quickie 9 holes :(

henno
3rd September 2018, 07:07 PM
43 points around Pacific with DC68 today with 3x3 putts and a wipe. It's also the first time since 2010 that I have shot better than my handicap.
DC had a hole in one on the 13th, and 39 points.

New irons were excellent. Good day out, and the weather stayed away.

okitoki
3rd September 2018, 07:10 PM
43 points around Pacific with DC68 today with 3x3 putts and a wipe.

And still managed to get 43 points? handicaps going to be cut a little? :D

henno
3rd September 2018, 07:29 PM
handicaps going to be cut a little? :D

It deserves a chop into something more respectable, despite my form.

A week out from champs too. What's the opposite of a sandbagger?

Grumpy8
3rd September 2018, 07:39 PM
A week out from champs too. What's the opposite of a sandbagger? An in form golfer if you stay in the same grade , a golfer with no sense of timing if you go down a grade

PeteyD
3rd September 2018, 07:40 PM
New Champs Favourite!

JoeS
3rd September 2018, 09:02 PM
Played a social front 9 at Waterford Valley after work today with a couple of friends.Birdies on 1 and 5 and par on the other 7 holes for a 2under OTS.I dont understand this game.

AndyP
4th September 2018, 07:51 AM
43 points around Pacific with DC68 today with 3x3 putts and a wipe. It's also the first time since 2010 that I have shot better than my handicap.
Great score, henno! Do you really have to focus on the negatives in your summary though? I did this good thing, but made mistakes, so I should have done better.

This seems to be the standard template for posting in this area though. x points with y wipes, but no mention of nett birdies or even four pointers. [/bleat]

henno
4th September 2018, 08:38 AM
Great score, henno! Do you really have to focus on the negatives in your summary though? I did this good thing, but made mistakes, so I should have done better.

This seems to be the standard template for posting in this area though. x points with y wipes, but no mention of nett birdies or even four pointers. [/bleat]

Very good point. Although in my head it was more like a 'only one wipe' situation, when I usually wipe 4-6 holes, so not entirely negative from my internal monologue.

Two four pointers, no 'real' birdies but lots of birdie putts that made for easy pars, which is nicer than thinking "I missed a lot of birdie putts".

Dotty
4th September 2018, 08:52 AM
AndyP wants more FIGJAM posts.

Whatever happened to those 15 year olds that could shoot six over par and wanted to place in the Aus Open and PGA Tour school?

JoeS
4th September 2018, 09:00 AM
AndyP wants more FIGJAM posts.

Whatever happened to those 15 year olds that could shoot six over par and wanted to place in the Aus Open and PGA Tour school?Played a social front 9 at Waterford Valley after work today with a couple of friends.Birdies on 1 and 5 and par on the other 7 holes for a 2under OTS.I dont understand this game

I hit it like a legend and couldn't have done much more FIGJAM
[emoji39]

Dotty
4th September 2018, 09:13 AM
Played a social front 9 at Waterford Valley after work today with a couple of friends.Birdies on 1 and 5 and par on the other 7 holes for a 2under OTS.I dont understand this game

I hit it like a legend and couldn't have done much more FIGJAM
[emoji39]
Great scoring!

Have you thought about giving up work and practicing everyday, so you can win lots of money on the Champions Tour when you turn 50.

p.s. :)

3Puttpete
4th September 2018, 09:20 AM

Excellent post Andy but you forgot about 1 putts.

JoeS
4th September 2018, 09:27 AM
Great scoring!

Have you thought about giving up work and practicing everyday, so you can win lots of money on the Champions Tour when you turn 50.

p.s. :)Already onto it,just need a new driver

Looney
4th September 2018, 09:44 AM
Played my second comp round since returning to the game.
Had 35 points 15/20 8 fairways 8 greens 32 putts. made 2 birdies
a couple of poor drives cost me but still pretty happy with the results

AndyP
4th September 2018, 10:19 AM
Excellent post Andy but you forgot about 1 putts.I want to hear about the miracle recoveries to scrape in for the one point on a hole too.

LarryLong
4th September 2018, 10:44 AM
One of my playing partners four-jiggled from 15ft on Saturday. That was a positive. :)

I also played a side match-play and won with 4 holes to go, then had a horrible quadruple bogey 8 immediately after shaking hands. The bloke I beat said "NOW he does it" after every missed shot on that hole, which was also a positive, even if it did cost me a chance of playing to my handicap.

3Puttpete
4th September 2018, 01:31 PM
I want to hear about the miracle recoveries to scrape in for the one point on a hole too.

That’s what I was talking about

WBennett
5th September 2018, 07:16 PM
Wednesday medal. 42/42 nett 75. Best round in months.

It was 15 degrees so shorts weather, no wind and just a perfect September day.

The greens were magic again, as they have been all winter, and the course is starting to spring back to life.

No birdies. Lowlights were bladed gap wedge on 2 requiring a penalty drop and ended up a 7, and a similar experience with a bladed wedge on 14 ending with a 6.

It was a good warmup for the Yowani Open this weekend.

Grumpy8
6th September 2018, 08:13 PM
Stableford at Beaconhills today 15/12 , positives , stiff shaft in driver was working by the end , tip from the pro might have helped in working out why I have been hitting irons fat .
Nothing else good can be said about today

billp
7th September 2018, 02:10 PM
Finally broke my handicap in a back marker comp. Played Windaroo today in the snake gully. Managed 86/71. Not happy with my putting right now, but the rest of my game seems to be coming together at last.

Grumpy8
7th September 2018, 05:23 PM
Finally broke my handicap in a back marker comp. Played Windaroo today in the snake gully. Managed 86/71. Not happy with my putting right now, but the rest of my game seems to be coming together at last. How is windaroo these days ? Was a member there when the first nine was first developed back in about ‘84/85 , was good fun playing snake gully twice. Well done on breaking your cap off the back tees .

henno
7th September 2018, 05:29 PM
Net 64 at Wynnum today, off the back of my 43 points at Pacific on Monday. Feels good to finally hit some things in the correct general direction-ish.

Positives, for AndyP:
- Mid and long irons were excellent. Stiffing a 5i 180m to 10ft on the 15th into a very stiff breeze was fantastic.
- Keeping up with the single markers (7) and scratch-ish markers (1) in my group off the stick for a fair stretch. Was only 3 and 4 shots behind them off the stick in the end.
- Finally getting par on the ****in' third hole after about ten attempts at it.

Negatives:
- 2 x triple bogeys
- 3 x 3 putts
- 2 x shanks (in a row)
- Hitting the ground before the ball for a 20ft eagle putt on 12 and came up 10ft short. Took par.
- Chipping sucked 100% of the time. In fact everything inside 100m sucked. I am better with 7i in hand from 160 than I am with wedge from 60. I actually laid up to mid-iron lengths towards the end of the round as my confidence got worse, and it worked well.

After shooting 7 under and 6 under my handicap in two consecutive rounds, I should get a nice chop right in time for the champs just days away. Anti-sandbagger extraordinaire.

AndyP
7th September 2018, 06:13 PM
Great stuff, henno.

After shooting 7 under and 6 under my handicap in two consecutive rounds, I should get a nice chop right in time for the champs just days away. Anti-sandbagger extraordinaire.
I won Monthly Medal the week before winning Vic Champs; you're odds are dropping to Richmond levels.

benno_r will need to apply a special OZgolf handicap to you for the Champs. Putting Ferrins in your group to get inside your head should be enough of a handicap.

henno
7th September 2018, 06:25 PM
you're odds

You are.

AndyP
7th September 2018, 06:54 PM
Wow! How the **** did I do that? I’ll blame emotional distress.

billp
8th September 2018, 06:44 AM
How is windaroo these days ? Was a member there when the first nine was first developed back in about ‘84/85 , was good fun playing snake gully twice. Well done on breaking your cap off the back tees . It was in really good nick, fairways and greens best I have seen there I have seen there in a while

Toxic
8th September 2018, 12:03 PM
33 points around Albury this morning

Tuff cored greens

PeteyD
8th September 2018, 04:36 PM
Monthly medal today at Reddy Bay. Gusty wind and a damp course made for an interesting round. 87/70, currently 3rd in B Grade. Had 2 x 3 putts but only 29 putts all up. 8/14 fairways. 3 greens in reg, but quite a few just off. Sand save on 16. Binned a monster slider on 6 for a bird, coming off the top tier to a pin at the bottom of the hill. was 20' coming back if it missed.

Got a played to 17 dropping off, this will replace it, probably drop a little coming into the champs.

WBennett
8th September 2018, 05:38 PM
Yowani Open round 1

90 nett 81

Two brain dead triples and an even worse quad was the difference between a good and appalling day.

Courty
8th September 2018, 05:40 PM
The Top 16 (gross) from our Club Champs go into a Matchplay knockout series, and seeing as I finished 8th I played against the 9th place guy this morning. We started with a pair of innocuous bogies on 10, but then he reeled off 3 straight birdies to jump ahead. A couple of dumb bogies from me saw me down by 5 at the turn, even with a birdie on 18 (only good enough for a half). My opposition was -3 off the beater at that point. I made a cracking birdie from the trees on 1 to get the honour back and nearly followed it with another on 2. I then won 4 after he blocked his drive into the trees and I was building momentum. That was halted on 6 when I missed a 3ft eagle putt (:roll:) which would have got me back to 2 down. We halved in birdies again and I found myself dormie with 3 to play. I hit a slight pull on 7 and found the creek and it was all over 4/2.

Grumpy8
8th September 2018, 06:23 PM
35 pts today in Olinda’s comp at Beaconhills 18/17 . Positives :- it was a four ball aggregate and my partner had 39 pts so we jagged a win , my score flagged but my handicap didn’t move , the two 3 putts I had on 17,18 th did no harm . Can’t think of anything else good except the weather was great for a change

JoeS
8th September 2018, 07:17 PM
28 points with Olinda today.My short game is killing me at the moment

shazza_rs
8th September 2018, 07:51 PM
33 points today. A bit of rain during the round but not too bad.

Got shafted by a few trees today but made a few good putts.

Minor_Threat
8th September 2018, 08:01 PM
First handicap card at Tanilba Bay GC, shot 75 Par 72. Expectations were very low as this was my 4th game in 4 years, also running new bats, so happy with the score.Made a dumb double and bogies, mixed in with some good birdies and few missed short putts.Had a great day, glad to be amongst it again!

Jono
9th September 2018, 11:50 AM
Net 64 at Wynnum today, off the back of my 43 points at Pacific on Monday. Feels good to finally hit some things in the correct general direction-ish.Positives, for AndyP:- Mid and long irons were excellent. Stiffing a 5i 180m to 10ft on the 15th into a very stiff breeze was fantastic.- Keeping up with the single markers (7) and scratch-ish markers (1) in my group off the stick for a fair stretch. Was only 3 and 4 shots behind them off the stick in the end.- Finally getting par on the ****in' third hole after about ten attempts at it.Negatives:- 2 x triple bogeys- 3 x 3 putts- 2 x shanks (in a row)- Hitting the ground before the ball for a 20ft eagle putt on 12 and came up 10ft short. Took par.- Chipping sucked 100% of the time. In fact everything inside 100m sucked. I am better with 7i in hand from 160 than I am with wedge from 60. I actually laid up to mid-iron lengths towards the end of the round as my confidence got worse, and it worked well.After shooting 7 under and 6 under my handicap in two consecutive rounds, I should get a nice chop right in time for the champs just days away. Anti-sandbagger extraordinaire. That’s awesome playing Henno. What are you playing off at the moment?

Jono
9th September 2018, 12:00 PM
First handicap card at Tanilba Bay GC, shot 75 Par 72. Expectations were very low as this was my 4th game in 4 years, also running new bats, so happy with the score.Made a dumb double and bogies, mixed in with some good birdies and few missed short putts.Had a great day, glad to be amongst it again! Wow! Great score! 👏

Jono
9th September 2018, 12:07 PM
Hit 10 GIR and had 40+ putts today. I have no feel. Tried putting looking at the hole last couple of holes and managed to 2 putt them.

It’s the long lag putts that get me. It’s like I have the yips with the long putts and rush them way past the hole or flub them 6 feet short. 😩

henno
9th September 2018, 12:14 PM
What are you playing off at the moment?

Still lots, but deservingly so as I try to remember how to play.
Have dropped two shots from 20 to 18 this week.

Dcanto
9th September 2018, 12:35 PM
Still lots, but deservingly so as I try to remember how to play.Have dropped two shots from 20 to 18 this week. Well done.

Jono
9th September 2018, 01:01 PM
Still lots, but deservingly so as I try to remember how to play.Have dropped two shots from 20 to 18 this week. Good stuff! Looks like your game is starting to come together. 👍

WBennett
9th September 2018, 05:12 PM
Yowani Open r2.

I have forgotten how to play.

Made an appalling double to start before settling for 41.

Back 9 was solid in strong winds without spectacular til a stupid triple on 16.

Ended with a nett 76. Top 40 overall so happy enough.

Minor_Threat
9th September 2018, 06:08 PM
Wow! Great score! 👏 Thanks mate

henno
9th September 2018, 06:11 PM
First handicap card at Tanilba Bay GC, shot 75 Par 72. Expectations were very low as this was my 4th game in 4 years, also running new bats, so happy with the score.Made a dumb double and bogies, mixed in with some good birdies and few missed short putts.Had a great day, glad to be amongst it again!

Four games in four years, shoots three over? Dang.

timah!
9th September 2018, 06:12 PM
Four games in four years, shoots three over? Dang.

With a double...

benno_r
9th September 2018, 06:24 PM
Finally played a round of golf today in the Maryborough open.

82 off the stick (off 17) for a nett 65. Not good enough for the chocolates, but this and a 37 earlier in the week, have seen me get off anchor before champs. Still not hitting it well, but now managing to keep it out of trouble. Took the Lajosi mini today and really putted well. Hit maybe 1/2 doz clutch par putts from outside 8ft.

Couple more comp rounds before champs, I hope I can knock the cap down even further.

okitoki
9th September 2018, 06:45 PM
Got off the plane this morning and thought it was a good idea to have a hit after that....

Bad idea... lack of sleep and using the new clubs today ended with 23 points for the day.

PapaBravo
9th September 2018, 07:03 PM
Had 2 hours sleep last night, played a "casual" round at Hill Top country club for the first time. Markers were off the tips. Felt long...

Had a horrific front 9, 11 over. 3 rounds through winter and no practice time either really showed, had a million swing thoughts and all of them sucked. Lost 2 balls to water one of them was the only "decent" drive I had but drowned because there was water where I thought I was supposed to land it. Worst front 9 i've had since.... Well I don't really remember.

On the back 9 decided just to play golf and not care about any swing components , played align club-face and hit the ball golf.
Shot a 1 over with 2 birdies and 2 of the greatest recovery holes I've ever managed.

Tried to cut the sharp dogleg right but hit a branch and bounced directly backwards off my drive ending up only 170m off the tee, left with 220m off the deck driver under branches curving/slicing right at basically 90 degree angles to within 6ft for birdie.

A couple of holes later same scenario 190 meter 3wd to the fringe for a straight forward 2 putt.

Felt like a right handed Bubba....

Jono
9th September 2018, 09:34 PM
82 off the stick (off 17) for a nett 65. Not good enough for the chocolates, but this and a 37 earlier in the week, have seen me get off anchor before champs. Well done mate! 👍

WBennett
10th September 2018, 08:21 AM
How the hell are you off 17 Ben? That does not make sense.

benno_r
10th September 2018, 09:11 AM
How the hell are you off 17 Ben? That does not make sense.Got to a low of 9.2, playing the old faithful cut/fade. Decided to learn to hit a ball properly, and combined with 4/4 roster, held a steady decline to an anchor of 16. Think i have had 36pts maybe 6-8 times in the last 18 months.

I still want to hit the ball better, as I get annihilated in windy conditions. But probably better left to when i dont have large chunks of no golf periods to regress any gains I have made.

LarryLong
10th September 2018, 03:49 PM
Got to a low of 9.2, playing the old faithful cut/fade. Decided to learn to hit a ball properly, and combined with 4/4 roster, held a steady decline to an anchor of 16. Think i have had 36pts maybe 6-8 times in the last 18 months.

I still want to hit the ball better, as I get annihilated in windy conditions. But probably better left to when i dont have large chunks of no golf periods to regress any gains I have made.

Live with the fade Benno. It's your thing.

henno
10th September 2018, 05:15 PM
Fades are the best shot shape. I am working hard to get mine back.

benno_r
10th September 2018, 06:29 PM
Live with the fade Benno. It's your thing.

I know right?

Now just working on taming it enough I don't get smashed by the wind. Played Bribie a week ago in a very strong wind, and it wasn't pretty.

Lucasto23
10th September 2018, 07:58 PM
I know right?

Now just working on taming it enough I don't get smashed by the wind. Played Bribie a week ago in a very strong wind, and it wasn't pretty.

You just need to learn to hit a low peeler in the wind and maintain the fade :)

AndyP
10th September 2018, 08:50 PM
Or learn to master the knife shot.

timah!
10th September 2018, 08:53 PM
I’d kill for a fade.

Grumpy8
10th September 2018, 09:42 PM
I’d kill for a fade. I don’t care which way it goes I just want to know which way it’s going before I hit it

benno_r
10th September 2018, 09:45 PM
Or learn to master the knife shot.

I have mastered that one when not required. It's never there on demand.

JoeS
11th September 2018, 08:33 PM
I don’t care which way it goes I just want to know which way it’s going before I hit itSnap hook or low straight one,hard to set up for both

shazza_rs
12th September 2018, 11:58 AM
89/73 in the back marker at Virginia yesterday.

1 bird (chip in)
Made some good putts

Grumpy8
12th September 2018, 01:05 PM
89/73 in the back marker at Virginia yesterday. 1 bird (chip in)Made some good putts Good going , how close to a podium finish?

shazza_rs
12th September 2018, 02:28 PM
Came first in the ladies (out of 2). :)

7th in the full field

Lucasto23
12th September 2018, 02:32 PM
Came first in the ladies (out of 2). :)

7th in the full field

Great work

3Puttpete
12th September 2018, 03:08 PM
89/73 in the back marker at Virginia yesterday.

1 bird (chip in)
Made some good putts

Champs winning form

Dcanto
12th September 2018, 09:15 PM
Champs winning form If Shaz can stay sober. :)

shazza_rs
12th September 2018, 10:58 PM
If Shaz can stay sober. :)

No chance of that!

PeteyD
13th September 2018, 05:31 AM
Nah she's in trouble if she gets sober ...

Grumpy8
13th September 2018, 06:28 PM
32 pts 16/16 off 8 at Beaconhills today , positives no wipes and one birdie, warm weather and actually being well enough to play . Negatives , plenty

billp
14th September 2018, 11:34 AM
89/74 in todays Dingo Hill at Gailes. My chipping really cost me a good round today.

Just as an example I missed the green 3 times chipping from 10m out :), bloody awful...

Grumpy8
14th September 2018, 01:25 PM
89/74 in todays Dingo Hill at Gailes. My chipping really cost me a good round today.Just as an example I missed the green 3 times chipping from 10m out :), bloody awful... I found a chipping drill on the pga site , helped me a lot , it involves using another shaft ( even a broomstick) so as it extends out from your club out past your body ( left arm pit ) so as when you swing the extension doesn’t hit you in the ribs on the follow thru , means you have to turn and keeps your wrists out of it .Second thing was Phil Mickelson, ball is either forward or back in your stance when chipping nothing in between

billp
14th September 2018, 02:01 PM
I found a chipping drill on the pga site , helped me a lot , it involves using another shaft ( even a broomstick) so as it extends out from your club out past your body ( left arm pit ) so as when you swing the extension doesn’t hit you in the ribs on the follow thru , means you have to turn and keeps your wrists out of it .Second thing was Phil Mickelson, ball is either forward or back in your stance when chipping nothing in between

Thanks, will definitely check them out.

Grumpy8
15th September 2018, 01:26 PM
Thanks, will definitely check them out. Welcome, check out PGA digital golf academy for videos

JoeS
15th September 2018, 05:54 PM
Par comp today with Olinda GC.Strong winds and the occasional rain band coming through.Driving was pretty good,short game was better than normal,green reading still needs some work.Still blocking myself out on the wrong side of fairways.Been working Hard on my short game and distance control from 60metres,starting to see some results with better strike and getting better green position.
Finished at -1,dropped the last 2 holes but was good enough to Take the A grade and overall win today

Grumpy8
15th September 2018, 06:24 PM
Par comp today with Olinda GC.Strong winds and the occasional rain band coming through.Driving was pretty good,short game was better than normal,green reading still needs some work.Still blocking myself out on the wrong side of fairways.Been working Hard on my short game and distance control from 60metres,starting to see some results with better strike and getting better green position.Finished at -1,dropped the last 2 holes but was good enough to Take the A grade and overall win todayGood score in today’s conditions ,

JoeS
15th September 2018, 06:33 PM
Good score in today’s conditions ,Tim V won CBH with 36 points

Grumpy8
15th September 2018, 08:08 PM
Tim V won CBH with 36 points Yeah I saw that , only 25 guys finished, but still a good effort in the conditions

Minor_Threat
15th September 2018, 08:52 PM
So my new club found by old GL number and gave me my old handicap, so looks like I'm playing off scratch again 😩, not ideal as I can't play too it, but saves the hassle of handicap cards.

Anyway had 31 points today, half the greens are cored, so putting was no good, hit a couple OB, won nearest the pin, missed putt (105cm).

Dotty
16th September 2018, 01:30 PM
42 points (18/24) around Lynwood, with new irons and wedges.

Very relieved. I was sitting 0.4 off being anchored, with 6 more flagged rounds about to drop off !

Grumpy8
16th September 2018, 04:51 PM
42 points (18/24) around Lynwood, with new irons and wedges. Very relieved. I was sitting 0.4 off being anchored, with 6 more flagged rounds about to drop off ! Good score Dotty

Lucasto23
16th September 2018, 05:47 PM
42 points (18/24) around Lynwood, with new irons and wedges.

Very relieved. I was sitting 0.4 off being anchored, with 6 more flagged rounds about to drop off !

Well played Dotty, may the honeymoon last a long long time

chappy1970
16th September 2018, 06:36 PM
4 down playing Par today.

Not too bad considering the greens were cored, but I left a squared round out there.

I was better off the tee today which was something

PeteyD
16th September 2018, 08:06 PM
Chopfest Ozgolf champs - 29 27 26 points at RQ - Pac Harbour - Brookwater. Pac Harbour round ended up being a flag ...

okitoki
16th September 2018, 11:12 PM
2 days of 32 points for the Hartfield open B grade stableford rounds.

Yesterday was bad driver and iron but saved by good puttings.

Today was great driving, iron and putting but sheet chipping day.

henno
19th September 2018, 12:42 PM
After 41 putts at Brookwater on champs Sunday, I was looking for a little confidence boost at Reddy Bay with PeteyD this morning in their Monthly Mug.

Nope.

40 putts to shoot 91/71.

This week's custard harvest has been a bumper crop.

Matt 3 Jab
19th September 2018, 05:10 PM
Finished birdie, birdie, eagle to shoot 85. #flusha
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180919/86d4da0491c99230aff1cfa19d3bac7e.jpg

benno_r
19th September 2018, 06:34 PM
Finished birdie, birdie, eagle to shoot 85. #flusha

That's a hell of a finish there. I assume tail wind?

AndyP
19th September 2018, 06:35 PM
That's the sort of positive reports that I'm talking about. Way to go, Jabber.

Matt 3 Jab
19th September 2018, 06:37 PM
That's a hell of a finish there. I assume tail wind?Would you believe into it a bit. However we did have the white tees. So made 18 reachable with driver, 5 wood.

Made up for the 3 and 5 putts

Matt 3 Jab
19th September 2018, 06:44 PM
That's the sort of positive reports that I'm talking about. Way to go, Jabber.To be honest the #flusha was sarcastic [emoji1787]

Matt 3 Jab
19th September 2018, 06:47 PM
#noicehttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180919/ead3da04c60a94c6edb1d943eac8e092.jpg

Dotty
19th September 2018, 06:54 PM
Does that say 'BOB' and an arrow pointing to the 11?

Matt 3 Jab
19th September 2018, 06:55 PM
3 OB

And 1 OB on 3

Can play [emoji2957][emoji2957]

Courty
19th September 2018, 07:00 PM
6.5 rounds during my QLD Champs jaunt:

Lakelands - 29 pts - 17 with a wipe on the front, but limped home with 12 on the back. Won an NTP but missed the 3 footer.
Tamborine Mountain 9 hole round - 16pts - no comp but won the game of Wolf
Kooralbyn Valley - 94/88 (22 pts adjusted) even with 2 birdies - couldn't get in play off the tee and paid the penalty
Royal Queensland - 30pts - reasonably solid round considering I was trying to keep up with Matt3Jab & Nudgee all day
Pacific Harbour - 28pts - only wipes were on 3 of the par 3s - happy with the round otherwise
Brookwater - 19pts - started well with a tap-in bogey and reg par on the difficult 2nd. Went full retard after that & couldn't hit the ball.
Nudgee - 40pts (74) - finally put a round together, but still wasn't enough to win the day

AndyP
19th September 2018, 07:17 PM
6 rounds during my QLD Champs jaunt:

Lakelands - 29 pts - 17 with a wipe on the front, but limped home with 12 on the back. Won an NTP but missed the 3 footer.
Tamborine Mountain 9 hole round - 16pts - no comp but won the game of Wolf
Kooralbyn Valley - 94/88 (22 pts adjusted) even with 2 birdies - couldn't get in play off the tee and paid the penalty
Pacific Harbour - 28pts - only wipes were on 3 of the par 3s - happy with the round otherwise
Brookwater - 19pts - started well with a tap-in bogey and reg par on the difficult 2nd. Went full retard after that & couldn't hit the ball.
Nudgee - 40pts (74) - finally put a round together, but still wasn't enough to win the day
That Friday course must have been pretty unremarkable to have forgotten about it; it was clearly the worst of the seven courses anyway. I still need to do my glowing report on my rounds too.

henno
19th September 2018, 07:42 PM
5 putts

:neutral: You make my six 3-putts today feel human.

That 11 is a thing of beauty, too. This might be my favourite scorecard ever.

Matt 3 Jab
19th September 2018, 08:24 PM
Certainly was a day of highs and lows.

Courty
19th September 2018, 09:15 PM
That Friday course must have been pretty unremarkable to have forgotten about it; it was clearly the worst of the seven courses anyway. I still need to do my glowing report on my rounds too.

#somuchgolf

I had to resist adding TopGolf, too :roll:

coalesce
20th September 2018, 09:54 AM
#noicehttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180919/ead3da04c60a94c6edb1d943eac8e092.jpg

There's a 4-putt thread (which can be used for 5 putts), and a moose thread. Just saying...

Johnny Canuck
20th September 2018, 10:53 AM
Net 64 at Wynnum today, off the back of my 43 points at Pacific on Monday. Feels good to finally hit some things in the correct general direction-ish.

Positives, for AndyP:
- Mid and long irons were excellent. Stiffing a 5i 180m to 10ft on the 15th into a very stiff breeze was fantastic.
- Keeping up with the single markers (7) and scratch-ish markers (1) in my group off the stick for a fair stretch. Was only 3 and 4 shots behind them off the stick in the end.
- Finally getting par on the ****in' third hole after about ten attempts at it.

Negatives:
- 2 x triple bogeys
- 3 x 3 putts
- 2 x shanks (in a row)
- Hitting the ground before the ball for a 20ft eagle putt on 12 and came up 10ft short. Took par.
- Chipping sucked 100% of the time. In fact everything inside 100m sucked. I am better with 7i in hand from 160 than I am with wedge from 60. I actually laid up to mid-iron lengths towards the end of the round as my confidence got worse, and it worked well.

Now known as HenNKo.

benno_r
20th September 2018, 11:27 AM
Bit of a strange week at champs:

Wed - no exceptional golf, but managed to bunt it around for 35pts at Lakelands. Driving and long game good. Irons toilet.

Thursday AM: played awefully at Tambourine Mountain. nothing to be taken from it except the stop at Fudge heaven for a delightful rocky road fudge.
Thursday PM: - again just bunting along until a tincup moment on 17 saw a 14 on the card. 104/85 in the Kooralbyn back marker challenge. Driving and long game decent. Irons toilet.

Friday - RQ for the first time. Started slow. Got on the Par train nailing some good long hybrid shots into 3, 5 and 6. Only 27pts though. Played a number of holes out of position off the tee really hurt.

Saturday - Pac Harbour in a decent wind. Started slow with a wipe on 2, but again just bunted it around and kept it in play. Sunk a great double breaking 30 footer for Kaaka on 7. Also managed an easy par on 17 - by putting in from off the fringe. 33pts and a flag. Also enjoyed the few #wockas launched by Mr Bluu

Sunday - Brookwater, more of the same. Just bunted it around, made a number of good up and downs, and didnt loose any balls to come in with 32 points and another flag.

Monday - Nudgee. Bunt bunt bunt for 37pts. Channeled my in Philly Mick with my 58deg PM wedge - chipping in a lovely bird from down beside the lake on 25th hole. Also happy to know Shaz now rivals me in driving length now I am just bunting it.

Highlights of the week - number of excellent 4w / 3h / 4h into greens in reg. Wedge game returning. Great bunker play when not plugged in the faces. Somehow winning.
Lowlights of the week - hitting 200m drives all week. Still can't flush irons.

AndyP
20th September 2018, 02:25 PM
15/09/2018, Pacific Harbour GC, Qld OZgolf Champs Rd 1.

Since I was injured, and was told by the physio not to play, I saved myself all week for the weekend. By hitting only a few balls on the driving range, I figured out that a full driver swing hurt, but irons seemed to be okay (at that stage).

With low expectations, I took it nice and easy on the first hole, and somehow got a birdie (the only one of the weekend). For most of the front nine, I was trying to find a swing/bunt that I could hit consistently, but it just wasn't happening. I did manage to pull out a full swing for one of our NTPs though.

While, I had trouble walking on the back nine, I was able to hit a full swing with minimal pain, so I went with it, and played better. There were some particularly nice drives in there. The short game was surprisingly good, since I hadn't played for a couple of months too.

Score: bBXXXBPPX BPXPPBBBX 47-45-92 (Par 36-36-72)

16/09/2018, Brookwater GC, Qld OZgolf Champs Rd 2.

I found that I was able to hit a full swing from the start at Brooky. With the wide fairways there, I barely missed one all day.

I set up some holes nicely, but I just couldn't convert them to a score by missing the target with the irons. The putting was pretty decent, but not enough one putts to keep the score down.

By the back nine, I must have been subconsciously protecting the injury, because I had lost distance out of my drives, and I was spraying things right. This made a long course even longer and tougher, and it was too much for my game.

Score: BBPXPBBBP PBBXBBBBX 45-47-92 (Par 36-36-72)

Grumpy8
20th September 2018, 05:57 PM
Stableford with Beaconhills today , 19/21 40 pts ,off 8 no birdies , no 3 putts , nine pars on the back nine ( 13 putts) fist time in two yrs I have beaten 36 pts and had more points on the back nine . Took the shaft out of my old R 15 and put it into the m2 this morning, didn’t think it was a good idea when I snap hooked on 5 and had a wipe . Cranked out a good drive on 7 th ( best one in 6 months ) good decision now . One wipe one 1 pointer all from bad chipping only real negatives coming second in “a” grade when I left , but won more money than the club prize in side bets so not really concerned.

JoeS
22nd September 2018, 04:16 PM
Social club event at Cape Shank today.Bit windy,overcast and a bit cold but played well after the first 4 holes.I was 6 over after 4 holes but managed to settle into a either and play some good golf,once again though my putting numbers were high.

78 OTS
35 putts
39 points

Highlight of the day was my drive on the par 5 17th 455m.Hit it with a bit to much fade,caught the path,took a massive bounce forward and onto the down slope of the fareway,and had 152m left to the pin.Went from a wipe to a par with a lucky bounce.The drive also went about 300m

Grumpy8
22nd September 2018, 06:35 PM
Stableford with Olinda at Beaconhills, 33 pts pretty ordinary , one birdie one wipe , struggled early stuffed up late .

Bitter
23rd September 2018, 08:26 PM
34 pts around Kooindah today. Inconsistent as always, missed a 3 foot birdie putt on the 1st and the old putter didn’t get much better from there.

Hit it ok in general although fought the left side quite a bit with the longer sticks.

3 wipes (all on par 3’s) and 2 x 1 pointers.

Slowly learning my way around this track although I still get caught out being too tempted in having a crack at the par 5’s in two.

Matt 3 Jab
24th September 2018, 02:45 PM
34 pts around Kooindah today. Inconsistent as always, missed a 3 foot birdie putt on the 1st and the old putter didn’t get much better from there.

Hit it ok in general although fought the left side quite a bit with the longer sticks.

3 wipes (all on par 3’s) and 2 x 1 pointers.

Slowly learning my way around this track although I still get caught out being too tempted in having a crack at the par 5’s in two.

Massive learning around there. Can go at 1 and 5 but not 10 or 8. Same with 15, there is so much more room to the right than you think there is, and it usually leaves a good chip. Aim right of the two bunkers.

34 not bad but with clubs you prob built the night before :P

Grumpy8
25th September 2018, 05:49 PM
Par comp at Beaconhills today , had a low flag dropping off so thought I could have a free hit and sneak out to 9 for Koth . Stuffed that up completely, now off 7 and didn’t even win the comp . Shot a 74 ots 39/35 ( 3 over on the front par on the back) +2/+3 or 41 pts . Only one - and that putt was one roll off going in , two birdies the 3 rd again and 14 th no doubles . Only 25 putts , didn’t hit the ball that well , kept getting up and down from everywhere

okitoki
25th September 2018, 05:55 PM
have to admit I am playing consistent golf each weekend....
Played 32 points for both days the weekend before, and played 30 points both on Sunday and Monday....

I blame the bad scores on the last 2 games on cored greens at home course.... didnt even bother to read the greens, and just putt straight to the hole.... but most of the time I am way short even when I smash the putter :D

JoeS
27th September 2018, 05:35 PM
9 holes at Waterford Valley this arvo,with a mate and his mum.Testing the new shaft in the driver and the new 3 wood.Very happy with both purchases,found some.more length and tighter dispersion off the tee,and the 3 wood fits the gap between driver and 3 hybrid perfectly.
Anyway,played very well,drove the par4 4th hole(massive tail wind)but unfortunately 3 putted.Made up for it on the 5th par3,with a 51degree wedge 115m to 1 foot and birdie putt sunk.

I managed 1 over for the 9 holes,mate was 3 over and his mum was 2 under,all OTS scores.His mum didn't miss a fairway and can putt,hits the driver 180m and has a bag with hybrids and wedges and knows how to use them.She lives and plays in WA somewhere and is over here to go to the GF,so was good to see her again for a warm up before she plays Woodlands tomorrow

jimandr
28th September 2018, 05:50 PM
First game for seven weeks. It is nice to see that this thread still exists.

I experienced most of the highs and lows of golf today for 32 points.

After 3 holes golf seemed the easiest game in the world. 1 under and striping it. A 3 putt double on 4 brought me back down to earth, and a double caused by a duffed chip on 8 sent me to the depths. A birdie on 11 followed by 3 good pars in a row and I was happy again. Then, after getting it onto the front of 16 in regulation, a putting disaster causes me to seek out a thread I haven't looked at for a couple of years. See you there.

Grumpy8
28th September 2018, 07:24 PM
Koth today at Beaconhills, how did I play ? Badly

Toxic
29th September 2018, 07:00 AM
KOTH
127 Off the stick
Poo, really really poo

Grumpy8
29th September 2018, 09:35 AM
KOTH127 Off the stickPoo, really really poo 124 for me , started wit a par finished with two pars , had two birdies, Had a triple and a heap of doubles which killed my score . Slept well last night after walking 27 holes.

Lucasto23
29th September 2018, 11:03 AM
An ordinary 10 over at Indooroopilly GC on Green and gold course yesterday arvo in prep for a reaming at the BDGA amateur on Sunday morning. 1 Birdie, 8 pars, 7 Bogies, 2 Doubles got strange looks on the 17 with the Kakaaaaa!!!

WBennett
29th September 2018, 06:13 PM
Gungahlin 3 day event. Best 2 scores count for the Overall 3 Day Classic Prize.

The greens are rock hard, the pins are tough, and the tee are back.

I had 34 with 3 wipes, and came 3rd in A Grade and 4th gross. Off 10 😂

15/19, with one birdie holing out from a trap on 12 for a 4 pointer.

Two rounds to go to decide the overall, but I suspect a B Grader will win.

PeteyD
29th September 2018, 06:24 PM
34 points. Reasonably solid after a somewhat erratic yesterday, just got stuck on the bogey train.

henno
29th September 2018, 06:55 PM
35 points, three wipes, three 2-pointers, four one pointers and one grumpy member that unloaded with both barrels and caused two anger-fuelled wipes in a row.

I look forward to the letter from the captain he's promised after I called him a grumpy old crunt.

Grumpy8
29th September 2018, 07:12 PM
35 points, three wipes, three 2-pointers, four one pointers and one grumpy member that unloaded with both barrels and caused two anger-fuelled wipes in a row.I look forward to the letter from the captain he's promised after I called him a grumpy old crunt.Does he play off 8

Minor_Threat
29th September 2018, 07:43 PM
Had a round at Hawks Nest today, 35 pts (73), greens were about 3 weeks post core and were horrible, it seemed the core holes got washed out and were not re-top dressed so they were bumpy AF. Ended up having 35 putts.

Starting to hit a few greens though..

okitoki
29th September 2018, 10:14 PM
Played this morning... heavy wind and rain... was questioning if i wanted to play as my umbrella was destroyed on the first hole by the strong gust.

Terrible day... 29 points

okitoki
30th September 2018, 07:29 PM
After yesterday's horrible weather... we had a beutiful day for golf today.....

Could not hit the JPX EZ yesterday so decided to take out the old Maxfli black dot for a run.... was hitting them much nicer and truer than the EZ....

Putting is still a pod shot with the sandy greens... so had a few 3 putts....

So my 35 points today could have been better :)

Might win the NTP wuper pin price today... fingers crossed

Courty
1st October 2018, 07:50 PM
28pts on Saturday & 27pts today. I've gone full custard-head and have no confidence in any part of my game.

3Puttpete
1st October 2018, 07:57 PM
28pts on Saturday & 27pts today. I've gone full custard-head and have no confidence in any part of my game.

Swing harder. You’re welcome

AndyP
1st October 2018, 07:59 PM
Thanks for letting your handicap drift out beyond mine. You know I get a kick out of that.

henno
2nd October 2018, 06:52 AM
Thanks for letting your handicap drift out beyond mine. You know I get a kick out of that.

You have cracked the code to maintaining a stable and low handicap under the new system: don't play golf.

AndyP
2nd October 2018, 04:09 PM
You have cracked the code to maintaining a stable and low handicap under the new system: don't play golf.
And don't enter the comp when you do play.

Grumpy8
2nd October 2018, 06:32 PM
You have cracked the code to maintaining a stable and low handicap under the new system: don't play golf.Average 34 pts