PDA

View Full Version : Holden Scramble NSW - Macarthur Grange 13/8

Grunt
25th July 2006, 03:16 PM
Hi

Just as the QLD'ers made a seperate Scamble post I thought we should

Here is a link for the calendar

Holden Scramble ("http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&day=2006-8-13&c=1"http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&day=2006-8-13&c=1)

Grunt
27th July 2006, 03:55 PM
Ok Slot is booked for 2 groups. 10 am tee off.
I have entry forms in my possession that we can enter in advance if we like. To fill out the entry forms I need;
Name
Mailiing Address
Phone
Email
Current AGU HAndicap
Club

I have checked with the club we can fill them out later if we like, it was just to see how many people they have booked I think as it is not a shot gun start like other places running the scramble do.

burger
27th July 2006, 04:10 PM
so we 2 ozgolf groups playing togethor????

Jono
27th July 2006, 04:12 PM
So 2 groups as in 2 teams teeing off together? That should be fun ... 8)

When does the entry form have to be in by? I'll PM you my details anyway.

Grunt
27th July 2006, 04:50 PM
I am not sure the entry form has a date to be in but it would make sure we get both teams in the same group if I could put them in this weekend. If Handicaps change and I hope mine does they will change the entry from on the day.

jimandr
27th July 2006, 09:50 PM
They only want your address and/or email so they can send you Holden Marketing material.

I got stuff in the mail a few times after the last time I played a Scramble.

PM with details about to be sent.

burger
4th August 2006, 10:08 AM
Late withdrawal, sorry guys, hopefully Vince still up for it.

Invite to a Christening . . . . .
damn it!

stu

Virgal_Tracy
4th August 2006, 10:43 AM
If the guys are happy to have me then I am in. Sought permission for a leave pass and it has been granted.

Not the way i wanted to join in but it helps Jim and Grant still compete.

Stu, you need to talk to you friends about the Christening.
We are doing the right thing and having my Son's tomorrow. Some of my drinking friends thibk this is great because if it turns into a big occassion then they can recover Sunday and go to work monday clear headed.

burger
4th August 2006, 11:48 AM
This one is at a Christian City Church and they actually call it (i think) a dedication, which is sort of an addon to the 'normal' sunday service.

As an atheist, its all a bit over the top for me, but happy to support the idea of welcoming the baby.

Very sadly no pissup! how crook is that!!!

Grunt
5th August 2006, 01:57 PM
After playing the course today I thought I would add an Ambrose guide to the thread.

1st Hole (Score needed) par

Nothing special about this hole anything from a 5 iron to driver is the go off this tee. A hole that lay up for your money club second shot pays off.

2nd Hole - Par/Birdie

par 3 just hit the green and putt for birdie.

3rd Hole - Birdie

Toughest hole on the course, birdie here is like an eagle in Ambrose.

4th Hole - Birdie

A hole where someone should put a ball in the fairway for the group with the first shot. Depending on pin postion too far righ can make it tough.

5th Hole- Birdie

par 3, just get it on.

6th Hole - Birdie

Real Ambrose golf hole! get a member of the group to put one in the bank and hit onto the fairway, then the other 2 have a shot at the green. Birdies here.

7th Hole- Eagle/birdie

Easy par 5 , birdie chance, aim second shot right of the green, fairway tracks balls to the left.

8th Hole- Par/birdie

Long par 3, go a club longer than you think.

9th Hole- Eagle/Birdie

Another relatively easy par 5, birdies should come here.

10th Hole- Par

just hit up the right hand side of the fairway for a shot in for your second.

11th Hole- Par/birdie

After a player has put one on the fairway, members of your group with the right wind conditions can try and cross the water!.

12th Hole- Par/Birdie

par 4 birdie chance. take note of pin flag colour. get to the wrong level of the green and par will be difficult.

13th Hole- Par/Birdie

Par 3, longer is better here.

14th Hole- Eagle/Birdie

Very short par 5, birdies are eesential here

15th Hole- Par/Birdie

Par 3, nothing much here

16th Hole- Eagle/Birdie/Par

Another put one in the bank then go for it hole, drives can make the front edge of the green in the right conditions.

17th Hole- Par

par 3, short of the green is better than long or even on teh green above the flag, steep slope.

18th Hole- Eagle/Birdie

Short par 5, another hole where birdies are a real possibilties.

In closing I feel as if 8 or 9 under gross will be the score to beat, with a nett of around 14 under to qualify.

Grunt
12th August 2006, 06:17 PM
10:40 Tee Off - has changed

jimandr
12th August 2006, 07:43 PM
I don't know about the other pins, but the flag position at the 18th had already changed by the time we had left today. It was still at the front, but on the other side of the green.

I agree with Grunt's assessment of the required winning score. We'll need to go very low to win the event.

Casual readers will not be surprised to learn that Jono has proposed a wager. The stakes seems to be getting higher all the time. At last hearing we were up to potato wedges, plus drinks, plus dinner, which was becoming bigger each time it was mentioned.

With the Dragons showing similar form today to their NRL counterparts, they are bold men indeed to keep raising the stakes.

Grunt
12th August 2006, 07:49 PM
Good to hear pins have been moved, hopefully tees have moved too, esspecially on the par 3's as the tees were quite tired today. I asked the question of the Pro Shop Manager this morning before we teed off and he said that it would happen. He also said that the greens would be mowed again in the morning.

Jono
12th August 2006, 11:09 PM
Casual readers will not be surprised to learn that Jono has proposed a wager. The stakes seems to be getting higher all the time. At last hearing we were up to potato wedges, plus drinks, plus dinner, which was becoming bigger each time it was mentioned.

With the Dragons showing similar form today to their NRL counterparts, they are bold men indeed to keep raising the stakes.

I suggested the wager in the chatroom when I witnessed TS and Grunt sledging each other's heads off. ;)

As to the team name ... according to Vince, we are "The Triads". :roll: :lol:

Grunt
13th August 2006, 07:14 AM
Well a great day weather wise for us, not a cloud in the sky here. Let's hope the golf is just as good. Best of luck to "The Triad" group. Heres hoping we get an OzGolf team into regional qualifying, and most of all I hope it is our team.

Grunt
13th August 2006, 07:26 AM
I don't know about the other pins, but the flag position at the 18th had already changed by the time we had left today. It was still at the front, but on the other side of the green.

That means the front bunker comes into play, changes the complexion of the hole.
There is also another bunker that most visiting players dont even know is there above the green to the left of the green. This bunker comes into play when players try to use the hill/slope on the left of the green to get to left hand side of the green pin placements.

Pins moving is great hopefully we have a few pin placements that local knowledge will be reqd to know when to attack or not attack :smt002.

Grunt
13th August 2006, 06:38 PM
Well the game has happened and I think "The Triads" ran 2nd overall well played guys.

Sorry to all, My mind was not on the game today and probably should not have played at all. Maybe Ambrose is not a game for me to paly and I should just stick to being a hacker that does not let a team down regularly.

TS
13th August 2006, 06:47 PM
Well the game has happened and I think "The Triads" ran 2nd overall well played guys.

Sorry to all, My mind was not on the game today and probably should not have played at all. Maybe Ambrose is not a game for me to paly and I should just stick to being a hacker that does not let a team down regularly.

Grant. Don't be so hard on yourself. Golf is mean to be a game for most of us, and we are suppose to have fun whether we are playing well or not. We didn't play very well yesterday, but it was one of the most fun we ever have. If you relax more on the golf course, you will most likely play better and enjoy yourself more as well.

goughy
13th August 2006, 07:04 PM
Remember Grunt, you're getting out there when some of us barely ever do. Enjoy yourself mate.

Grunt
13th August 2006, 07:06 PM
It is not about golf at the moment, like I said I should not have played today.

Jono
13th August 2006, 07:22 PM
I second what Tony said. In reality, we are all "hackers" and we all have our good days and bad days ... probably more of the latter. What you get out of golf, IMO, is how well you can enjoy yourself even when you are not playing your best. I think us NSW Ozgolfers can take a leaf out of our Qld counterparts in this department. ;)

Anyway, it was first time for me (and Connico) playing ambrose and I had great fun. I wasn't up on the rules so there was a bit of controversy on the 6th, but other than that, it was good laugh all the way.

"The Dragons" (aka The Triads) breathed fire today. 8) Started off slowly to turn at 3 under but was 5 under on the back to finish 8 under (off the stick), 1 short of the overall winners. TS, Connico and myself had the team spirit happending with our matching navy blue shirts, and matching black hair ... ;) (We just gotta work a bit on our high fives ... :lol: ) I hit a few good drives, TS had the fairway wood department covered, and much to our surprise, Connico played a key role with his putter. If he wasn't showing us the line, he was sinking them himself. Well done mate. I can see the 24 handicap coming down very soon. 8)

"The Other Team" started off great with a birdie, but then quickly lost the honour after the 2nd and never regained it. Jim, despite stocking up on his regular bacon and egg roll before the round, wasn't strong enough to carry both Vince and Grant. Mind you, they both hit some good shots, but just not enough of them. I think they ended up with 4 under (off the stick).

Anyway, great fun ... GO THE DRAGONS!!!!!!!

Jono
13th August 2006, 07:27 PM
Here is the only pic from the day ...

On the 1st tee.

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/6143/dsc01402td6.jpg

AndyP
13th August 2006, 07:51 PM
The photo tells me that the Dragons were serious from the get-go. Well done guys.

We just gotta work a bit on our high fives ... :lol:
Any fist pumps or chainsaws?

Jono
13th August 2006, 07:57 PM
The photo tells me that the Dragons were serious from the get-go. Well done guys.

Any fist pumps or chainsaws?

Our High Fives were a disgrace. TS hit a fantastic 2nd shot into the par 5 9th from a bunker and I went to give him a high five and he turned away. I was left looking like a fool ... high fiving the air ... Big whiff. :lol:

jimandr
13th August 2006, 10:01 PM
We were thrashed by a better team who played a very good back nine. Jono hit lots of great shots and was the perfect lead man for an Ambrose team.

I proved that I'm not a good leader of an Ambrose team. Grinding out pars is not the way to go.

So far nobody has mentioned the shot of the day, and possibly of the century so far. Hopefully Grant can find the photo taken at a previous Mac Grange day of the tree we called at that time 'Vince's tree'. That time he missed it, this time he hit it.. hard, and rebounded back behind the ladies tee, then behind the white markers, then behind the plates. Yes, folks, a minus 20 metre drive.

Fortunately, we had already selected three drives each, so we didn't have to use it.

Great fun, but I don't want to do Ambroses for a wager any more.

connico
14th August 2006, 10:32 AM
Well i had a good day dispite my early morning run in with a nissen pulsar... Get this, some f&*ker decided he wanted to jump the medium strip (1.5m wide fill with grass) get some air time and scare the shit out of me. It was lucky that 1. he stop dead after he landed, 2. i didn't swerve into the next lane...

Needless to say i was stricken from the incident and couldnt get my bugular mode turned on. Needless to say after about 14 holes i started to get with the picture and loosened up. Made a few long putts but couldnt hit a decent drive all day. Lucky we had Jono and TS to get us out of trouble.

Go Dragons!!!

TS
14th August 2006, 11:16 AM
Jim. It is all in the colour, you need to get your team colour coordinated for the next hit out.

Connico. It was great fun, you had some great putts that save the day and got us the drink & food. I was looking forward to the 300m drives, looks like we will have to wait till the next time. I was waiting for the famouse club throw as well, I guess there wasn't any ponds in front of any of the tees at Mac. Grange.

Grunt
16th August 2006, 04:24 PM
Just a pic of the Tree that has now become known as Vince's Tree. This is from out last OzGolf Day at Mac Grange, the little gap that Vince hit through is highlighted.

http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/5792/treeontheleftsideof12thfairwaybp7.th.jpg (http://img226.imageshack.us/my.php?image=treeontheleftsideof12thfairwaybp7.jpg ) http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/1592/gapintreeti8.th.jpg (http://img224.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gapintreeti8.jpg)
As was previously stated Vince again on Sunday hit this tree, that was not all though the ball said back to the right of us and ended up about 15-20m behind the tee!

AndyP
16th August 2006, 04:29 PM
Nice work, Vince. Which club did you determine would have the exact right loft to get through that gap that you obviously aimed for?

Virgal_Tracy
17th August 2006, 09:14 AM
Somehow the discussion on the tee was about calling our shots. By the 12th I knew how I was playing and called my stock powerslice. Only hole of the day that i drew the ball and smack into the tree.

9.5* loft with launch angle of 16* teamed with my LOFT at the end of the club