PDA

View Full Version : Ping demo/fitting Sydney?

FuzzyJuzzy
29th August 2018, 02:17 PM
Anyone know whereabouts in Sydney (ideally southwest Sydney) where I might be able to demo a G400 driver? Or get fitted for one (I’m sure I can find that info on the Ping site). My home club and another couple in my area don’t carry Ping gear. Keen on either the standard model or the LST. Thanks, FJ.

Dotty
29th August 2018, 03:56 PM
The M7 is your friend ... Power Golf at Castle Hill and ask for Nick.

I had an iron fitting recently. After going through various brands, then he went through the Ping fitting cart options.

I assume they have a similar range of G400 driver options.

Jono
29th August 2018, 03:56 PM
Where about do you live FJ?

If you can make your way to Helensburgh Range, I’d be happy for you to try my LST.

pt73
29th August 2018, 06:43 PM
I would go to the Ping HQ in Caringbah, your club can book it.

It’s free and Sav does an awesome job plus you can try plenty of shafts.

FuzzyJuzzy
29th August 2018, 07:20 PM
Thanks gents.
Turns out American Golf Supplies has a fitting day at Campbelltown GC tomorrow, which is in my neck of the woods. So I’m going to try get down for that. Will see where I land after that.

FuzzyJuzzy
31st August 2018, 06:16 AM
Did a driver fitting with Ping yesterday.
Went in there thinking the G400 would be the one, or possibly the LST.
The good dude ended up fitting me into the G400 Max, 9* head with Kurokage Silver 60 X. It performed really well - dispersion was much tighter than my current gamer (2017 M1 with Rogue Silver 70 S) and plenty of distance. Tried a couple of other shafts - Tour 65 S and Kurokage Silver 60 S, but the KK Silver 60 X was the one.
It launched higher than a mo-fo - which looked even higher due to hitting off an elevated tee (the 10th at Campbelltown GC). But the stats were solid and it didn’t look like I was losing distance due to the height I was getting. When I put a decent swing on it my launch angle was around 16*, spin was around 2500, was carrying around 250 and rolling out to 265 or so.
Pretty chuffed with it, pretty sure I’m going to grab it. Will be the first time I’ve bought a driver I was fitted into since the 915 D2.

milo-man20
31st August 2018, 08:34 AM
Hey mate,

How much are they going to sting you for that combo?

Also, how did the tour 65 play?

Notice much difference in head size between the max and normal?

Cheers
MM

Jono
31st August 2018, 10:00 AM
Did a driver fitting with Ping yesterday.
Went in there thinking the G400 would be the one, or possibly the LST.
The good dude ended up fitting me into the G400 Max, 9* head with Kurokage Silver 60 X. It performed really well - dispersion was much tighter than my current gamer (2017 M1 with Rogue Silver 70 S) and plenty of distance. Tried a couple of other shafts - Tour 65 S and Kurokage Silver 60 S, but the KK Silver 60 X was the one.
It launched higher than a mo-fo - which looked even higher due to hitting off an elevated tee (the 10th at Campbelltown GC). But the stats were solid and it didn’t look like I was losing distance due to the height I was getting. When I put a decent swing on it my launch angle was around 16*, spin was around 2500, was carrying around 250 and rolling out to 265 or so.
Pretty chuffed with it, pretty sure I’m going to grab it. Will be the first time I’ve bought a driver I was fitted into since the 915 D2.

Nice one!

Just out of interest, did you try it with Hzrdus?

FuzzyJuzzy
31st August 2018, 07:39 PM
Hey mate,How much are they going to sting you for that combo?Also, how did the tour 65 play?Notice much difference in head size between the max and normal?CheersMMHey mate,Nah, it wasn’t as noticeable as I thought it might be. To my (untrained) eye, the standard G400 didn’t look as small as other smaller driver heads I’ve owned, such as the 910D3, 915D3 and Covert Tour. It just seemed similar in size to the Ping G I previously owned. Still looked tidy though.I think the G looked better than the G30, and I think the G400 (even the Max) looks better than the G. Hope that helps.

FuzzyJuzzy
1st September 2018, 03:38 AM
Nice one!Just out of interest, did you try it with Hzrdus?Hi Jono,Didn’t try it with the Hzrdus. Didn’t think to ask the fitter about it actually. However I was getting solid results with the KK Silver 60 X...not sure if the Hzrdus may have been more shaft than I needed...

Jono
1st September 2018, 11:27 AM
Hi Jono,Didn’t try it with the Hzrdus. Didn’t think to ask the fitter about it actually. However I was getting solid results with the KK Silver 60 X...not sure if the Hzrdus may have been more shaft than I needed... Kuro Kage X flex felt stiffer to me than Hzrdus 6.5 but the flight was higher with KK. If you are going to buy it new it might be worth a try.