PDA

View Full Version : New Golf Club Membership

Grunt
24th July 2006, 12:40 PM
Well it has finally come through, my golflink card for Bathurst GC arrived this morning. No more playing in open days and not having cards returned or getting the look from the pro shop of "where is that" or "there is no such club":-D .

Hopefully this might be the start of the handicap moving in the right direction once more.

Fishman Dan
24th July 2006, 12:59 PM
Your scorecard return is your responsibility. Having a GolfLink number does not mean that scores will automagically appear against your handicap.

Gordon GC is great in this regard, at the end of the comp they upload the results by about 6pm, however some courses do not. As a result, it is up to the player to ensure that scores are updated - either by the course you played at, or your Home Course once the card has been returned.

Grunt
24th July 2006, 01:15 PM
Dan I realise that but when you are told that the club won't update any until they see the card makes it hard. If the club you are playing at does not send the card what else can you do? Also I am not that sure that Macarthur Grange were not getting the cards. These days there cards for Friday & Saturday comps are not making the computer until the next wednesday.

Fishman Dan
24th July 2006, 02:10 PM
If the club you are playing at does not send the card what else can you do?

I'm going to sound like a broken record here Grant, but it's up to you as much as them ;) It is up to the player that they declare a correct handicap before playing.

If they are saying they have returned the card but obviously have not, then i'm not sure what you can do other than obtain a copy and fax it back to your home club yourself.

jimandr
25th July 2006, 10:37 PM
Grant,

Are you now declaring Bathurst as your 'home' club? As I'm sure you are aware, Camden Valley is one of your reciprocals. Officially you can play in five comps at members prices each year, but apparently they never check how many times you have played.

I'm not sure how the system is supposed to work, but I played with a guy who had dual membership a few weeks ago, and he told me it was a nightmare to get the two clubs to talk to each other and agree on his proper handicap.

I guess it may be different if Golflink is considered the final and official record.

Grunt
26th July 2006, 05:54 AM
Yes Jim, Bathurst is now my Home Club. We will have to have a game together one Saturday.

Grunt
19th August 2006, 11:22 AM
Found another Reciprocal Club this morning
Ashlar GC

Grunt
21st August 2006, 07:49 PM
Got my new member package this morning. The list of reciprocal clubs is impressive.

Here is the full list by State and Area in NSW

Sydney Metro

Ashlar GC
Bexley GC
Campbelltown GC
Camden Valley Resort
Carnarvon GC
Fox Hills GC
Kogarah GC
Massey Park GC
Oatlands GC
Palm Beach GC
Richmond GC
Wallacia GCNSW

Barham GC
Belmont GC
Bermagui GC
Blayney GC
Camden Haven GC
Coolamon GC
Cowra GC
Duntry League GC
Griffith GC
Gunnedah GC
Henbury GC
Howlong GC
Kurri Kurri GC
Leeton GC
Lithgow GC
Mollymook GC
Mudgee GC
Nambucca Heads Island GC
Oberon GC
Orange Ex Services GC
Parkes GC
Portland GC
Queanbeyan GC
Shortland Waters GC
Tamworth GC
Wagga Wagga GC
Wentworth GC (Orange)
Woolongong GC
Woolgoooga GC
Young GCQLD

Gold Coast Country Club
Redland Bay GC
Rockhampton GC
Townsville GC
Yeppoon GCVIC

Patterson River GC
Wodonga Country ClubACT

Gungahlin Lakes GCNT

Palmerston GCAny of these "must play" courses & any of these course home to OzGolf Members?

AndyP
21st August 2006, 08:06 PM
Redland Bay GC
PeteyD is a member here.

Of the rest I've played Mollymook and Gungahlin Lakes.

Mollymook is a great course, and GL was enjoyable.

Jarro
21st August 2006, 08:06 PM
Redland bay is a nice course.

Gold Coast Country Club is a dump, don't bother about it.

Falcon
21st August 2006, 09:01 PM
Im a member at Patterson River. New course, slowly getting good!

Andrew
21st August 2006, 09:35 PM
Mollymock is probably the best of that list. It's a reasonable course that generally ranks around the 70-80 in the Top 100 list.

Duntry Leagues & Belmont often scrape into Top 100 lists as well. Both worth a hit. I believe Duntry Leagues is quite underrated, although it's probably quite dry at the moment.

Apart from that, there is alot of very consistant courses on that list. Most worth a play if in the area.

amanda
22nd August 2006, 11:36 AM
Grant - we received the same package in the mail yesterday. Still waiting for Golflink - hopefully that comes through this week.

Courty
22nd August 2006, 01:11 PM
I've played at Gungahlin Lakes as well. Similar to Windaroo Lakes from memory. Nice course...

Ducky
23rd August 2006, 08:37 PM
Unbelievable! I am an actual member at the course and I haven't received a membership card. Clearly, they hate me.

3oneday
23rd August 2006, 08:46 PM
Unbelievable! I am an actual member at the course and I haven't received a membership card. Clearly, they hate me.:-#

Ducky
23rd August 2006, 09:01 PM
:smt062

Grunt
11th July 2007, 04:55 PM
The time has come I am going to have my first game at my Home Club, Bathurst GC tomorrow. 9am tee off. Will have to be up early, 2.5 hour drive to get there, hopefully it will be a good day.

Forgot to add it is going to be F@#$ing cold too. Temp range for the day is 0-11*

Fishman Dan
11th July 2007, 05:00 PM
With a positive attitude like that, how can it be anything but a good day?!

Grunt
11th July 2007, 05:01 PM
It will be good Dan, have been looking forward to this for some time. This afternoon the planets must have aligned.

Trung
11th July 2007, 10:40 PM
mad, lost the plot, nut-case or grunt

pick one of the above to describe your 2.5 hours drive to bathurst for a game at 9am. I forgot to mention, it's middle of winter right now...

Ducky
11th July 2007, 10:43 PM
Have fun, let me know what you think.

Admittedly, spring/summer is when it is in the best condition (due to it hosting various tournaments at the time).

BrisVegas
12th July 2007, 08:45 AM
It will be good Dan.... This afternoon the planets must have aligned.

Did you throw the leg over? Nice one!:smt023

Grunt
12th July 2007, 04:34 PM
Back home after a good day @ Bathurst.
Golf was not that good but was not that bad either. Yes it was cold but to be honest it felt colder at home and it was 10 degrees warmer. When I arrived at the course it was 0 and after we finished it had warmed up to 6. Frost was on the 1st 2 greens, after that is was ok.
Course was in ok nick, the members I played with said it pretty good considering the couch fairways copped a hiding over summer and now they are dormant thru winter.
Saw Ducky's albatross in a new light after seeing how good the 2 shots must have been.:smt023
Will go back in summer, hoping to better my score of today. Does look like a place that once you get used to it, you could play it better. 2 tough par 3's of more than 180m which were into the wind today.

TS
12th July 2007, 04:51 PM
Grunt. You don't want to go there in Summer neither. Either the heat or the flies will kill you. Around Oct or Mar/Apr is not a bad time. Don't brother with the rest of the time. Why do you think Ducky haven't play for a while.

amanda
12th July 2007, 05:00 PM
Saw Ducky's albatross in a new light after seeing how good the 2 shots must have been.:smt023

I know - when I stood on the tee and saw the hole I was flabbergasted! I think it took me 3 shots to get to where he hit his drive!

Grunt
13th July 2007, 05:15 PM
Just looked at the golflink results and my partner got DQ'd. Bugger balls were paid down to 41 point in the 2B, guess what we got?