Jarro
20th July 2006, 05:01 PM
thanks anyway, but i'll be watching it ... LIVE :mrgreen:

dc68
20th July 2006, 05:03 PM
So will I mate this is for the rabble without FOX

gazgolf1
20th July 2006, 05:24 PM
Still nice to see some scores...in my opinion the BBC have no ****ing idea how to telecast a Golf Tournament.Every year it's a joke...the cameraman can't follow the ball and we get shots of fairways until they find the ball.
I'll be watching it live too but the world must be kept informed that the BBC and Poms in general must be stopped and the man to do it is................................................ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..................................Tom Cruise...................... L Ron Hubbards bastard son :)

BrisWesty
20th July 2006, 05:38 PM
11 minutes separation between groups of 3. They are really spacing it out and then there are people teeing off after 4pm. Hopefully they aren't starting the second round early.

Bruce
20th July 2006, 05:43 PM
I've never understood the point of following the ball as closely as they do. You see the shot then a few seconds of ball with a background of sky (they sometimes leave the player as in inset) then *thunk* the ball lands. No idea of the line the ball took to get there. No sense of whether the shot was brave or not, whether he took an agressive line or played to a fat part of the green?

There has got to be a better way.

Courty
20th July 2006, 06:33 PM
there are people teeing off after 4pm.

I was there this time last year. It is daylight until around 10pm at the moment. The 4pm groups will be in with time to spare, barring any huge delays.

Live scoring is also available here (http://www.golfweb.com/tournaments/britishopen/leaderboard) in a more familiar format.

Note: Hensby has had a shocker to start. +6 after 4 holes :shock:

Edit PGA website has stuffed up. He is actually +1, but he did have a triple on the 3rd hole.

McMw
20th July 2006, 06:54 PM
no split tees that's why the coverage is so long!!!

Ducky
20th July 2006, 07:04 PM
Who the **** is 'SK HO'?

Grunt
20th July 2006, 07:19 PM
He is going OK

BrisVegas
20th July 2006, 07:27 PM
Marcus Fraser is an aussie, yes??? He's in the lead at -4 thru 13...

Webster
20th July 2006, 07:30 PM
Fraser can play - dont worry about that. He won the comp at Kingswood one day shooting 11 under off plus 1 to record 10 up. Not a bad effort.

Grunt
20th July 2006, 07:44 PM
Hensby is going great guns, 2 under after 11 including a 7 on the par 4 3rd.

dc68
21st July 2006, 09:10 AM
Who the **** is 'SK HO'?

I think his name is Skan Kee:-D

Courty
21st July 2006, 09:12 AM
LOL. :mrgreen:

PeteyD
21st July 2006, 09:15 AM
Good one Dave!

Iain
21st July 2006, 07:44 PM
Here comes Tiger......

Iain
21st July 2006, 10:47 PM
Tiger is at -12, played a great round today Lead's atm by 3 over DiMarco. Only real blemish was bogey on 3 and only making par on 18. 18 was his only tee shot (that I saw) that was in some sort of trouble. Didn't see him pull driver once!! Down one of the Par 5's, he hit 3 wood, and Faldo hit driver, Tiger flew his 3 wood 276yd's, Faldo only flew driver about 260!

Goosen is now at -8, having eagled the 16th. At this stage it may be Tiger's event to lose?? But we can hope some of the big guys can go low and battle it out with him on the weekend.

markTHEblake
21st July 2006, 11:50 PM
Fraser can play - dont worry about that. He won the comp at Kingswood one day shooting 11 under off plus 1 to record 10 up. Not a bad effort.

thats gotta be bull, everyone knows its too hard for low handicappers to score well in a Par event.

Harry Williams is proof of that - gosh he shot the lights out at Victoria GC and only managed to shoot 1 down off a handicap of Plus 2.

Jarro
22nd July 2006, 06:08 AM
Ernie's only 1 shot behind Tigger .... GO ERNIE 8)

McMw
22nd July 2006, 10:20 AM
count 10 aussies who are gonna be playing this weekend...good effort!!!
esp since only 4 of them are "big" names...

surprised to see Lonard make the cut...he started off bad yesterday (as mentioned by the commentators)...

have a look at his scorecard...he's absolutely blitzing the back nine!!!

3oneday
22nd July 2006, 01:22 PM
See D Duval going OK, good to see.

Ducky
22nd July 2006, 02:55 PM
Good to see Els returning to form. I am hoping for an exciting finish on Sunday afternoon with holes 16 and 18 being eagle opportunities.

3oneday
22nd July 2006, 03:12 PM
It's a nice paddock they're playing in isn't it ;) I can see another couple of scores less than 65 if it stays the way it has been :shock:

Jarro
22nd July 2006, 05:07 PM
not hard to see why Tiger is doing well, he's probably hit his driver about 5 times in the last 2 days :roll:

McMw
22nd July 2006, 11:18 PM
not hard to see why Tiger is doing well, he's probably hit his driver about 5 times in the last 2 days :roll:

make that ONCE in the first 2 days... :smt002

McMw
22nd July 2006, 11:44 PM
Garcia is LIGHTING it up!!! :mrgreen:

and aussies going in the right direction... :D

Jarro
23rd July 2006, 04:42 AM
yeah Adam Scott is stil right there at 9 under par.

Good to see Sergio play to his potential for once :roll: i hope he can keep it going for the final round.

oz
23rd July 2006, 08:18 AM
I'd like to see Sergio play well tomorrow. You can't argue with his ability, but he needs to bring the right attitude (and putting stroke). Els could also spring a surprise on Tiger.

It would be nice to see some wind and rain, though, to make at look a bit more like a British Open.

McMw
23rd July 2006, 10:37 AM
I would like to see the wind come up tonight...then it would probably force tiger to take out driver or more 3woods off the tee on some of the holes...

Ducky
23rd July 2006, 08:02 PM
Not really, he hits 'stingers' with his long irons anyway. If the wind gets up, Tiger will probably manage better than most.

Jarro
24th July 2006, 05:07 AM
he wins again :roll:

.. anyone else feel that this was one of the most boring British Opens in living memory ??

McMw
24th July 2006, 09:31 AM
it got boring as soon as Sergio choked...

McMw
24th July 2006, 09:34 AM
was talking to mate yesterday arvo - Tiger's win last night probably won't help Nike in terms of SQ sales.... :lol:

BrisVegas
24th July 2006, 09:36 AM
I'm not a huge Tiger Fan, but.... Good on him for gettting it done. He's had a lot of stress this year and I was wondering whether he'd be able to focus on his game well enough to win a major post-Earl.

11 majors down, 7 to go to equal Jack....

C'mon Ernie/Sergio/Phil/Aussies... make him work for it!!!

Moe Norman
24th July 2006, 09:46 AM
i found it boring because Tiger was -14 for Par 5's, -2 for Par 4's and -1 for Par 3's for the week.

i like to see blokes hitting them close an knocking them in, not 2 putt birdies all week.

Jarro
24th July 2006, 03:43 PM
bit like yourself 'eh Dicky .... all blubbery - eyed after a good round.

I found it bloody boring that the guy hit driver like only 2 or 3 times for the whole friggin week ... hell, he was even hitting 5 wood off the tee for most of the par 5's :evil:

i'm sure the punters were really impressed with that.

dc68
24th July 2006, 04:10 PM
I am sick of all this crap about poor Tiger and his bereavment of the death of his father, yeah poor prick was in a position to take X amount of time off to get over it. FFS people in the real world would be lucky to get a week off after losing a parent and having to go back to work.As far as pressure goes, shit what pressure? It is not as if he ever has to lift a finger again..... sorry for the rant I don't like Tigger. I think he is an awesome player, just can't cop the hype.

Courty
24th July 2006, 04:14 PM
Yeah, not like no-on else has ever lost a father before, eh?

dc68
24th July 2006, 04:17 PM
Exactly! wawawawawa poor Tigger his dad died can he overcome the pain? blahblahblah phooey and hogwash it is bullshit.......sorry there I go again.

PeteyD
24th July 2006, 04:37 PM
Bit harsh on the big sook aren't you dc ?? ;)

Ducky
24th July 2006, 09:03 PM
I think him being emotional is justified, considering his Father played such a big part in Tiger's golfing success. Personally, I think it is good to see the human side of Tiger every once in a while.

Regardless of whether or not his game plan was 'boring', he simply is in a league of his own. He was playing long irons into greens where his competitors were hitting short irons and missing.

There were so many players who were too aggressive going for tight pins and missing on the short side. Most of the time, resulting in dropped shots. Adam Scott, Chris DiMarco, Ernie Els, Sergio Garcia... they all had their chances to challenge Tiger for the lead and blew it with bad game plans.

dc68
25th July 2006, 10:00 AM
I was not having a go at Tigger(altough I would not be surprised if it is milked for a while yet), It was more the media bullshit. FFS Chris Dimarcos mum died not that long ago. Did we get the group wank from the US media over that ? NO.

AndyP
25th July 2006, 10:14 AM
Any other issues we can get you fired up on, Dave?

dc68
25th July 2006, 10:28 AM
Tigger does the trick every time mate, ask me about it at the scramble if you play.

McMw
25th July 2006, 01:26 PM
I was not having a go at Tigger(altough I would not be surprised if it is milked for a while yet), It was more the media bullshit. FFS Chris Dimarcos mum died not that long ago. Did we get the group wank from the US media over that ? NO.

Golf Channel or Golf Central did do a piece on DiMarco....
it prob didn't get a showing in Aus...but couldn't help to pull for DiMarco during the final 36 holes tho...

Courty
25th July 2006, 01:29 PM
it prob didn't get a showing in Aus...but couldn't help to pull for DiMarco during the final 36 holes tho...

Yeah, but what about the rest of the world's media? :roll:

Ducky
25th July 2006, 06:13 PM
The media will publish what is seen as being most controversial. If this happened to be a dog wearing an ice cream for a hat, than it would be published. It is my perception that Tiger Woods losing his father is more significant/controversial (from a golfing perspective) than Chris DiMarco losing his mother.

As mentioned in my previous post, Tiger (and his golfing talents) was heavily influenced by his father, and to some extent I'm sure that Tiger associated his father with the game of golf. As a result, questions were asked as to whether or not Tiger could continue to perform at the highest level without his father.

These questions certain became valid when Tiger missed the U.S Open cut, which was his first tournament appearance since his father's death. Some people claim his poor performance was due to the extended amount of time between tournaments/practicing, however, the Sunday of the U.S Open was father's day, and I highly doubt that Tiger would have wanted to be around for that.

I think it is terrible anytime that someone loses a parent, and I admire how well Chris DiMarco held himself together throughout the week of the British Open.

McMw
25th July 2006, 06:28 PM

who did u get as your commentators???

we had Renton, Grady, Sandra McKenzie Wood plus couple others I can't remember...

So these were TGC's commentators, and they mentioned plenty of time that there were at the mercy of BBC who were the primary broadcaster...

Stoney
25th July 2006, 08:50 PM
We had the same commentators, they were not too bad. BBC Coverage was crap

Nicley put Ducky, nicley put