PDA

View Full Version : Who was the Aussie ?

3oneday
20th July 2006, 11:19 AM
That I watched win $1,000,000 USD in the Donald Trump Million dollar challenge on ESPN last night ?

Might be old news, but I don't recall seeing anything in the news about him, Dean someone or other ???

Pete

Fishman Dan
20th July 2006, 11:33 AM
Perhaps 12 months ago? Not sure, probably the same bloke.

His wife filled in the immigration forms on their return saying that his occupation was a Pro Poker player, therefore the tax dept is entitled to 1/2 his earnings!

That's one way the missus can cost you 1/2, and you still have to put up with her $hit on a daily basis!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jarro
20th July 2006, 11:39 AM
Dean Papas ???

i watched it too ... beat that weedy looking yankee guy with the stupid name :p

how much would your knees be knocking standing over that putt for $1 million :shock:

PeteyD
20th July 2006, 11:48 AM
The tax man is very reluctant to consider gambling a job, as they then have to allow loses, even with that windfall.

just
20th July 2006, 11:50 AM
how much would your knees be knocking standing over that putt for $1 million :shock:
Especially if you're(insert name here) the self nominated Worst Putter on Ozgolf.
Excerpt of recent threads:
P(erson) 1: I'm the worst putter
P2: No I'm the worst putter
P3: When I were a lad we were lucky, lucky I tell ya, to have a putter or a green, I were lucky if I had less than a hundred putts a day!!
P4: I'm not a bad putter, you just caught me on a bad day.:smt043

3oneday
20th July 2006, 11:55 AM
i watched it too ... beat that weedy looking yankee guy with the stupid name :pyeah, my wife commented on that, something like "who the hell would call their kid ..." what was it again ???

Jarro
20th July 2006, 11:58 AM
Gibbey :lol:

3oneday
20th July 2006, 11:59 AM
Gibbey :lol:yeah that was it.... bloody hell !!!!!

:lol: :lol:

Jarro
20th July 2006, 12:01 PM
have to be a yank with a name like that :roll:

connico
20th July 2006, 12:04 PM
1million tax free whoo!!! the tax man wouldnt be dumb enough to tax him, there would be a few millionaires in sydney that would start claiming loses if they did...

Bruce
20th July 2006, 01:34 PM
It was Stuart Deane and it was only a few weeks ago.

It was an interesting comp. The final round was straight elimination - last finisher goes home with some tie-breakers. Deane got lucky on 16 or 17 when he was in the elimination challenge and hit a pretty poor shot - just that one other person hit a worse shot.

jimandr
23rd July 2006, 11:06 PM
There was a small story about it in one of the Saturday papers.

I saw the event and did some internet searching.

Firstly, Stuart Deane is from Queensland, 32 years old, was club champion/trainee pro (something like that) at Brisbane Golf Club. Maybe our Qld colleagues know of him?

He met and married an American, stayed in USA and is an assistant pro in Texas.

The Trump event was held about a month ago, but they had to keep it secret until after it had been shown on TV. The event was for players on the USPro tour (not sure of the name), which appears to be about a fifth tier, well below the top. Their web site has player profiles of some absolute nobodies, and no-one who had done anything whatsoever. The money leader had about $75k, so the Trump thing must have been a huge deal for them.