PDA

View Full Version : Shot Scope V2

Steve57
12th June 2018, 09:15 AM
Is anybody using this to track their stats?
How does it compare to Game Golf/other GPS tracking devices?
My interest has been piqued by the MyGolfSpy offer I received this morning.
https://shotscope.com/my-golf-spy-us-open/

Cheers
Steve

aussieashley
23rd September 2020, 08:09 AM
Digging an old one up here. The V3 is out now and I’ve read mostly good things about it.

Is anyone actually using one of these?

Steve57
23rd September 2020, 08:54 AM
Digging an old one up here. The V3 is out now and I’ve read mostly good things about it.

Is anyone actually using one of these?

Whilst I am not playing at the moment I have had the V2 version since shortly after I wrote the original post.
I have found it to be very easy to use and far better than the Game Golf system, remembering to tag each shot being the main problem with Game Golf.

AndyP
23rd September 2020, 09:08 AM
Steve also put a good post about it here:
https://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php/40399-Game-Golf-Review.?p=1423506&viewfull=1#post1423506

aussieashley
23rd September 2020, 12:16 PM
Thanks Steve & Andy.
Now to wait for a GolfBox sale, or maybe spend some proshop credit :)

Steve57
23rd September 2020, 12:35 PM
Thanks Steve & Andy.
Now to wait for a GolfBox sale, or maybe spend some proshop credit :)

Don't rule out buying overseas also Ash, when I got mine it was cheaper from OS.

aussieashley
23rd September 2020, 12:36 PM
Thanks Steve. I‘m not in a rush, so will have a look around.

Daves
23rd September 2020, 04:03 PM
Golfbox discounted the V3s as soon as they were released here. And even then they didn't rush out the door. They are not currently stocking them at present.

markTHEblake
23rd September 2020, 04:59 PM
How does this go with automatic shot tracking?

I have a garmin s20, and its shortcomings that bug me enough to consider chucking it in a pond:
- fails to pick up many shots, especially driver.
- if i configure it to select what club I hit after every shot, and forget, it fails to track any following shots until I do.
- if adding or removing shots in later on the website, it puts them in the wrong order and mucks everything up.

aussieashley
23rd September 2020, 05:59 PM
Golfbox discounted the V3s as soon as they were released here. And even then they didn't rush out the door. They are not currently stocking them at present.

https://www.golfbox.com.au/technology/shot-scope-v3-golf-gps-and-performance-tracker-black/

GolfBox website is saying they are in stock. But I don't really want to pay $370 for it :) and then see a GolfBox sale.

The main things I like about it are the automatic shot tracking and that it's a GPS watch as well.

There is a Game Golf Pro coming soon (or maybe already released?) that will do automatic shot tracking as well.

Daves
23rd September 2020, 06:32 PM
https://www.golfbox.com.au/technology/shot-scope-v3-golf-gps-and-performance-tracker-black/

GolfBox website is saying they are in stock. But I don't really want to pay $370 for it :) and then see a GolfBox sale.

The main things I like about it are the automatic shot tracking and that it's a GPS watch as well.

There is a Game Golf Pro coming soon (or maybe already released?) that will do automatic shot tracking as well.

They have moved them into the GPS sub-section, rather than their "Game Tracking & Swing Analysers" section they used to list them (and Game Golf) under.

GG Pro is already released OS. Golfbox were taking pre-orders a couple of months ago. Price was about the same as Shot Scope from memory.

Steve57
23rd September 2020, 06:38 PM
They have moved them into the GPS sub-section, rather than their "Game Tracking & Swing Analysers" section they used to list them (and Game Golf) under.

GG Pro is already released OS. Golfbox were taking pre-orders a couple of months ago. Price was about the same as Shot Scope from memory.
And Shotscope.com are out of stock!

aussieashley
13th October 2020, 09:25 PM
The V3 is on sale for $300 at GolfBox if anyone is interested.