PDA

View Full Version : Snell Customer Service - 2 Thumbs Up

Slothman
23rd May 2018, 01:26 PM
Two thumbs up for Snell Australia.

Decided to get their test pack to try out. Reasonable price.

Australia post suck, we all know and understand that. Over the last 2 years I have not had one parcel delivered on time or correctly. Its fine, I am used to it know and understand how the system has to be played.

As per normal, scanned in Welshpool, than nothing. They seem to have a "3 days late is acceptable" policy so the trick is to wait for that 3 days then get the sender to request a report on it (or whatever they do). Miraculously the item is scanned and delivered locally within one hour of those reports being made. I know this as they show up on the tracking notice.

This is just how it goes with stuff here in Albany.

Anyway today is the 3rd day. So I send Snell AUS a message using their Contact us Form.

Within minutes David from Snell AUS is trying to ring me...from the golf course. Messages and emails go back and forth, again while on the course.

Told him not to worry till tomorrow, enjoy the golf etc. He has offered to resend the item, I have declined. I know what the issue is, its not their fault.

But 2 thumbs up guys. On the golf course trying to sort it out.

Can't wait to try them out now, customer for life if I like them.

thecollective
23rd May 2018, 02:33 PM
Sloth: you do realise that W.A stands for 'Wait Awhile'

Johnny Canuck
23rd May 2018, 02:46 PM
The balls have been lost a little sooner than expected.

Slothman
23rd May 2018, 04:21 PM
Sloth: you do realise that W.A stands for 'Wait Awhile'

Happy to wait. Not happy that the wait has become the new standard ;)

I contacted AUS Post recently (unrelated but you can see this happens every time) and was told 90% of late items arrive within 3 days of the due date. They are know quoting that on the tracking page.

Apparently, according to support, that is acceptable. So it now takes at least 8 working days to get from Eastern States to Albany. Now I understand we have had Perth-Albany transport cut from I think 4 days a week to 2 days (Tuesday and Thursday) but for crying out loud...8 working days to get across the country.

Just learn to play the game I suppose.

But yeh David at Snell was prepared to go above and beyond. I reckon if he starts a report on the item tomorrow, it will magically appear ;)

Slothman
23rd May 2018, 04:24 PM
The balls have been lost a little sooner than expected.

To be fair, they have not lost anything for me. Misplaced for a long period of time, yes. Continually overlook for ordinary deliveries...all the time.

The last issue I had ordered something 2 weeks earlier. I waited till all parcel drops where more than well and truly done locally. Contacted Eastern State company and did not expect a response due to time difference. They got it started immediately. Within 1 hour of them starting that enquiry it was on my desk.

Checked Tracking ...hit Welshpool 6 days before then nothing. Enquiry started at 4:00pm...deliver made at 4:45pm.....I laughed.

So obviously it was pretty easily located....makes you wander why no one just didn't check it out and sort it. Not my job I suppose.

thecollective
23rd May 2018, 04:43 PM
Inbound freight deliveries always seem to be an issue ; particularly in W.A and certain QLD depots

(no gloat) I have dealt with many freight companies in many situations over many years, W.A is on the bad list im afraid more times than many

Slothman
24th May 2018, 10:44 AM
Ah it is what it is. David at Snell lodged a query, guess what..located and should be here soon ;)

So again, 2 Thumbs up to David at Snell Golf. Top shelf stuff that....

BUSHY
24th May 2018, 02:04 PM
Makes me more certain about the 6 dozen I bought, however being in QLD they were here after two nights.

Even got a little handwritten note in the box that said "thanks for ordering and enjoy".

Slothman
24th May 2018, 05:27 PM
Yeh even with the test pack same thing. Handwritten note on the invoice. Thanks for support, enjoy the balls etc.

Honestly, if they are even close to what I am looking for I will grab at least 3 dozen, maybe more if some mate like them too. More than happy to support that kind of customer support.

thecollective
24th May 2018, 05:32 PM
Yeh even with the test pack same thing. Handwritten note on the invoice. Thanks for support, enjoy the balls etc.

Honestly, if they are even close to what I am looking for I will grab at least 3 dozen, maybe more if some mate like them too. More than happy to support that kind of customer support.

What are the balls like, and what do you find (in terms of playability) the difference between red and black

BUSHY
24th May 2018, 08:15 PM

For me they're as good if not better than any premo balll I've tried in the last two years.

Slothman
25th May 2018, 12:06 PM
What are the balls like, and what do you find (in terms of playability) the difference between red and black

Ok, due to fires in the area and the fact I get about 15 minutes of daylight after work, my testing will be limited this week.

However last night I rolled out the putter matt and tested one of each next to a Srixon Z and Calloway Super Soft.

The Reds finish is also different. The logos on the Black are "crisper". The hexes on the Black are more sharp while the red looks "shinier" and the dimples are smoother. This dimple difference is easy to see over the putter but that is the only physical difference.

So I find the Z star too soft off my Er1, and the Supersoft too clicky/spring off the face.

I didn't look at which I was hitting with the Snells (reasonably easy to tell, I tried not to) and found them both VERY similar. The best part is I found them somewhere between the Z and the Supersoft...so I was smiling.

If I was forced to find a difference I would say the Red feels SLIGHTLY more clicky off the putter....but really that is looking for a difference. I reckon that will be the difference on most shots when I get a chance. Red just feels firmer.

Jono
25th May 2018, 09:40 PM
I just ordered by test pack. 😊

Slothman
29th June 2018, 11:18 AM
How did you go Jono?

I just ordered a 3 pack of the MTB Black. The difference between the Black and Red came down to feel and performance at around 100-120 meters. The Red was spinning way too much for me. However I will easily use the remaining Reds while the Black show up.

Very impressed with these balls, the durability is pretty astounding.

Service from the Australian distributor is top notch. Can't fault them.