PDA

View Full Version : Week Commencing 16th July

Grunt
18th July 2006, 11:02 AM
Well another game and another tale of what could have been.
Swing is still very inconsistent, good hole Very bad hole. Will have to look up a pro that is not booked solid for the next 3-4 weeks, everyone must be in a slump at the moment.
Played at Carnarvon this morning with Trung, Dave (Trung's mate) & Jamaal (a mate of mine).
Shot 24 points so it was better than last week. We played off the 10th to start and I had 10 points on that nine, a better front nine with 14. Did not swing consistently, had a few nice shots but not many I was putting ok with a fair few long putts dropping, also left a fair few putts on the lip and the like so I guess the putting was not too great.

Oh well hopefully tomorrow will be better, it was a tough day out in that wind too. I bet Jono & TS are having fun @ NSW.:shock:

Grunt
20th July 2006, 07:33 AM
Well yesterday got worse, I shot 16 points, lucky you had that off day at Liverpool, Zipp. The game can only go up from here.

Coffs_Hacker
20th July 2006, 08:31 AM
Played a Charity Golf Day yesterday at Bonville with the Wallabies. Was a great day especially since it was free (gift from one of my suppliers who sponser the wallabies). Played very well in a 4person ambrose. 7 under of the stick finished with 72/57.25 Losty by 2 shots to george greghan and his burglarin mates :)

PeteyD
20th July 2006, 08:35 AM
Can't trust those friggin half backs!!

Grunt
20th July 2006, 07:10 PM
Had another hit this morning with my pro mate it was like a playing lesson and really enjoyable game. I had 2 brain fade holes of a 9 & a 10 to shoot 98, 49 on both nines. I was hitting the ball quite well, short game still needs work as my missed greens did not produce any up & downs. It was not due to putting but due to the chips, lobs and pitches did not end up anywhere near enough to the hole. Scott told me that I need to get the right club more often and take more time doing so. He said it may be my mental game that needs the improve at the moment. Maybe more reading of Doctor Bob?

McCoy
20th July 2006, 08:02 PM
Well I have to take down my nomination for "Worst putter on Ozgolf" after I sank a number of 10-20 footers and only 3 putted once. 2nd funniest part of the day was when I got asked if I was using a Scotty Cameron, no it's actually a Dynacast POS that I've had for 14 years.
Funniest part of the day was when I clouted a 3i off the tee for it to hit a tree 50m to the front, bounce directly back towards us and end up about 10m in front of the tee.

BrisWesty
22nd July 2006, 05:48 PM
Played the first round of the 4BBB matchplay at Caboolture. Won 1 up on the 18th, by sinking a 3m putt against two 4 markers. We played pretty well, I ended up getting pars on 7 of the last 9 holes (off 14), and where I didn't go well my partner (off 23) came up with the clutch shots. I would have had 83 off the stick if each of my uncompleted holes (2 of) were counted as 2 putts.
Now into the last 8. Go us!

McMw
22nd July 2006, 10:16 PM
was a frustrating game in parts this pm...
had a 73 this arvo, 6 bogeys 3 birdies...
felt like I let a 70 or a 69 get away from me with some crappy swings...
granted, I had a lucky break on the 2nd with a chip-in bird from an impossible spot...

oz
23rd July 2006, 07:15 AM
A disappointing 32 points at Thurgoona yesterday. My full swing deserted me, and I hit some woeful golf shots. Started to improve a little into the back 9. As a real positive, I did not leave a putt short of the hole all day. I don't think I have ever managed that before, as I've alwyas been the kind of putter that would tend to leave them short. New putter (DF Rossie) was excellent.

Bruce
23rd July 2006, 07:20 PM
Another fricken Jeckyl and Hyde day. Par at Mirboo North on a sodden course with preferred lies.

First 3 holes and last 4 holes = -7. Everything in between = +2 for a total of -5.
The middle 11 were pretty good and even won a NTP on the 180m 13th with a towering 4I that smashed down 4 ft from the pin.

Somehow developed a case of the cold tops over the last few holes digging myself some foot long trenchs that were a golf ball deep and wide. Pathetic.

McMw
23rd July 2006, 09:22 PM
played 18 with 2 other 4 markers and an 11 marker...
practice for tomorrow's qualifying...

couple of bad holes for me..shot 76...
but still good enough to win $25 from the rest... :lol:

putting isn't sharp atm...been missing a number of easy 6-8 footers... :(

jimandr
23rd July 2006, 09:42 PM
I'm only posting today's round to show Jono and Azza (whom I am playing with at Long Reef Monday) that my form isn't good.

I did something I hardly ever do today, which is lose interest and not really try to get my best score. Total of 29 points, but I can take at least three off that through not playing 'normal' shots.

Had a day when all the luck was bad, and couldn't recover whenever I hit a bad shot. One positive was that I rediscovered how to play bunker shots, two sand saves out of three, and the other one was a good shot from an impossible spot.

I used one of the Kooindah Waters freebie Callaway Warbird golfballs. For a rock, they don't go any further than the so-called premium balls. I'll give the other two away I think.

dc68
24th July 2006, 12:15 PM
81/77 with 4 doubles 1 bogey and 13 pars. nuff said not happy, but at least I will be off 5 for Reddy Bay on Sunday.

AndyP
24th July 2006, 12:17 PM
Now that you are off 5 and not 4, maybe A-Lo will stop stalking you.

dc68
24th July 2006, 12:23 PM
Mate I can't even play to 5 at the moment.

Courty
24th July 2006, 12:50 PM
Played in terrible conditions on Saturday morning. It was preferred lies but should have probably been compulsory tee-up. My ball-striking woes continued and were compounded by poor putting as well. I limped in with 28 points including only one 3 pointer (on index 1) and one 4 pointer (3rd time in last 4 rounds I have birdied the 9th hole).

Of note is the fact that a grass guru from The Vines in WA has been appointed as head greenkeeper so hopefully the condition of the greens will take a turn for the better in the near future.